Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

paulvdb

3 hours ago, readster said:

Raises hand, being in education and doing many reports on disorders the last few years, Jackson had be showing the classic signs of dyslexia. If you look at the previous episodes, even with the Loser Squad, the way Jackson was acting shows signs of dyslexic problems. The only problem is in this day and age, unless the parents are purposely hiding it or an entire string of teachers are not paying attention, you can spot kids with reading problems right away. You get some schools that are so quick to diagnose a kid with learning disability, especially if they take standardized tests, those tests actually do more than say if a school should get money or if the kids are "learning". They show if a kid even understands how to read. 

Very true in some cases they diagnose them too soon because they just can't deal.  I had a parent in my office the other day saying the teacher said the student might be dyslexic in kindergarten.  That's way too soon to make that determination.  But I was having Theo from the Cosby Show flashbacks through all of Jackson's scenes.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, WInterfalls said:

Very true in some cases they diagnose them too soon because they just can't deal.  I had a parent in my office the other day saying the teacher said the student might be dyslexic in kindergarten.  That's way too soon to make that determination.  But I was having Theo from the Cosby Show flashbacks through all of Jackson's scenes.  

Right, which was based on Bill Cosby's own son being diagnosed at a very late age and how it was missed after so many years of signs in everyone's face saying: "He's just being lazy." I know someone too who wanted to misdiagnose a kid with ADHD when they just had sensor issues. Some teachers or admins act like they are doctors because they have a child who has the same issue and they just assume: "I just want to help you the way no one helped me." Yet, they then try to project their lives onto someone else and then you have kids who have in your face problems and yet everyone goes: "Oh that's just how they are." When they need help. I think it would have worked better if Tommy Sr. knew, but died before he told DJ, then it would have been easier for it to be missed all this time. However, I am glad they just went with Jackson being lazy and he is now getting a wake up call.

Edited by readster
  • Love 1

I haven't seen anyone mention this but when Matt was talking about proposing to DJ in Japan, all I could think of was how much of a bad idea that was. I personally think it's super rude to propose at someone elses wedding. Even if he didn't propose at the wedding, it would still be rude announce and put the focus on yourself at someone elses wedding. IMO. 

• Love 6

Fernando is a pretty good singer! And apparently has a Magic Mike style backstory! 

I really am dreading Matt getting dumped for DJ. I like him a lot, and he really does fit in with the Fuller/Tanner/Gibler clan, and that isn't always easy. I like Steve and all, but this is going to get ugly, and its going to make things REALLY awkward at Matt and DJs veterinary practice. 

I like Rocki as well, especially now that we have seen her softening a bit in this episode. If she keeps stopping by, its going to be a whole new world of pastel colors, one liners, and LOTS of hugs. They're the Borg, they assimilate everyone! 

• Love 3

You know things are getting bad for Joeys family when Kimmy is coming off as the mature, responsible one. His kids really are the worst, and they need more than just being threatened with losing a trip to Disneyland. I guess the Danny/Joey?Jessie combination really worked out for them, because Joey kind of sucks at being a parent without them. I did like seeing them have a plot together though, and one where they relate as (more or less) adults, and not Uncle Joey and annoying neighbor Kimmy. 

Steph having a baby right now is pretty problematic (would it live in the Tanner/Fuller house? Will she need to get a real job?) and seems rather rushed, but my heart was warmed when everyone said they would help her out as much as they could. Steph wants to have kids, so I hope it works out for her. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, rachel is awesome said:

I haven't seen anyone mention this but when Matt was talking about proposing to DJ in Japan, all I could think of was how much of a bad idea that was. I personally think it's super rude to propose at someone elses wedding. Even if he didn't propose at the wedding, it would still be rude announce and put the focus on yourself at someone elses wedding. IMO. 

Completely agreed. I've known people who then announced they were going to have a baby at a relative's wedding. Talk about making it about you and not about the happy couple.

• Love 3
On 9/28/2017 at 4:36 PM, Jenniferbug said:

Thank you. I misheard that!

Yes to both. As a teacher, I had a very angry email from a parent once because their child was getting an A- in the class. Wanting to pull them because they felt they were too distracted and why they were getting that low of an A in the class. I was shocked to find out that any teacher their child was getting lower than an even A in was getting an email sent to them about not being the right environment for their kid. As for DJ doing that on the day of, sorry, she should have seen the report card and gone: "Sorry, Jackson that is not going to fly even if you passed. Summer school is happening because this crap isn't going to be high school because the teachers are going to be a lot tougher and you need to start now." 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

You know things are getting bad for Joeys family when Kimmy is coming off as the mature, responsible one. His kids really are the worst, and they need more than just being threatened with losing a trip to Disneyland. I guess the Danny/Joey?Jessie combination really worked out for them, because Joey kind of sucks at being a parent without them. I did like seeing them have a plot together though, and one where they relate as (more or less) adults, and not Uncle Joey and annoying neighbor Kimmy. 

Steph having a baby right now is pretty problematic (would it live in the Tanner/Fuller house? Will she need to get a real job?) and seems rather rushed, but my heart was warmed when everyone said they would help her out as much as they could. Steph wants to have kids, so I hope it works out for her. 

And if Jimmy is the sperm donor, would they live together? Does he have a job?

• Love 1

Thats it for now?!?! Come on! 

I can only hope that Matt planned to prose to DJ after the wedding and reception, because, as others, have said, proposing before or during the wedding/reception is just tacky. But I feel too bad for Matt to be really upset. He is preparing to propose to a woman who is still pining after her ex, and who was her actual first choice! 

I do like Steve, and the nostalgic 90s kid in me will squee at them getting back together, but I really like Matt, and I dont want him to end up getting crushed. And I just dont know if Steve/DJ really work anymore. 

I know this show is cheesy and stupid, but I still like watching it. I will take a slightly crappy cheesy goofball comedy over a slight crappy gross and demeaning one any day. 

• Love 1

My favorite line was when Matt asked Stephanie, "Is there really a Team Matt and a Team Steve?" LOL  That being said - when the reboot first started back in season 1, I was Team Steve - for nostalgic reasons like many others.  My husband and I have been together 37 years - since we were 14, so that kind of long-term, first love story appeals to me. HOWEVER; probably toward the middle to end of season 2, I somehow, without even realizing it, converted to Team Matt. 

So now I'm hoping when season 4 comes back on (and we kind of know it will now with that cliffhanger ending, right?), that maybe Steve will have just been daydreaming that she said that. That could work. Or she could have been dreaming it. That would work. She was supposed to be "sleeping" on the plane. So maybe that is it.

• Love 3
On 10/2/2017 at 3:08 PM, MaggieG said:

So it was a few episodes ago when Jimmy was wearing the dress that I realized how buff the actor is. And then he shows up his abs. Hello Jimmy!

He had a minor character part in The Perks of Being A Wallfower that included him wearing lingerie as someone doing a performance of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. His charms were not lost on me then, either.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

So Joey is a reprehensible human being. Maybe step one toward not raising a collection of monsters would be refraining from laughing with them and praising them every time the physically attack someone. 

Basically Joey is that parent who tries to be their kids best friend and short of committing murder, they just let them go with it. 

I find Joey's kids disturbing. I wouldn't be celebrating them leaving. I would be pissed that they ever came over in the first place. The appearance of those kids lower my enjoyment of this show and just kind of feel weirded out by their psychotic behavior. They taped a kid to a door and taped his mouth shut. Horror stories work this way. 

I also wondered about freezing the eggs for later and wondered why that wasn't an option. 

• Love 3

Why are they all encouraging Stephanie to have a baby when she has no job and no money? They're giving her money to have a surrogate, but what about when the baby is born ? Shouldn't she have some money before having a baby?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Why are they all encouraging Stephanie to have a baby when she has no job and no money? They're giving her money to have a surrogate, but what about when the baby is born ? Shouldn't she have some money before having a baby?

Yeah, but this show doesn't really have these people leading real lives. I actually like that this show seemed to be taking the tack that Stephanie had made peace with the fact that she will have to adopt, but then this season basically negged that.

Honestly, I feel like this is going to lead to wacky situation where Stephanie discovers that she can have children after all. While the surrogate is pregnant. Leaving Stephanie with defacto twins.

Joey's kids are not endearing, and I don't know why the Powers that Be keep subjecting us to them.

Edited by methodwriter85
On 9/28/2017 at 6:02 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

Isn't anyone team steve? Every time I try to be team Matt I remember how much I loved Steve's prom episode in the original lol.. I know, I need a life. 

It's not that I hate Team Steve, but I get annoyed by Jeff Franklin's very obvious Team Steve schtick (he never posts pictures of himself with just Jared Brotherton) and I kind of rebel against it. And Matt just really fits. Back in season 1, I was kind of hoping he'd end up with Stephanie to keep him around (because the inevitability of Team Steve was always apparent) until they added Jimmy in season 2.

The show really seems to be going with the idea of Fernando being this mentor/nemesis/foil for Max. Max tricking his way into first class was funny.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

Shouldn't Danny have a lot of money? He's a single guy in LA on a National syndicated talk show. I don't see why Stephanie would even need everyone from Joey to Fernando to also pitch in for her procedure. 

3 hours ago, Artsda said:

Shouldn't Danny have a lot of money? He's a single guy in LA on a National syndicated talk show. I don't see why Stephanie would even need everyone from Joey to Fernando to also pitch in for her procedure. 

Maybe wife number 2 took him the cleaners. 

3 hours ago, Artsda said:

Didn't the show just become nationally syndicated? That's why he was moving to LA in the pilot. Plus the guy's been letting people live in his home rent free for about 30 years. That's got to have impacted his savings ability.

But everyone working together is what Full House was always about, so they want everyone to chip in. It's more heart warming or whatever.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, carouselride said:

My rational mind wants to think they at least pitched in with bills. And they were living there rent free in exchange of helping look after the girls. How much did Danny save having Joey and Jesse babysitting while he was working in the first few seasons?

Yes, definitely a lot. I have no kids, but I know from others is is not only expensive, but also exhausting. I aactually lways assumed they helped with bills as well.  But I also has assumed DJ/Stephanie/Kimmy were paying some kind of rent since they are not helping Danny and he isn't even in the city. But Danny made a comment about them all living rent free, and it has me questioning that previous belief.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Yes, definitely a lot. I have no kids, but I know from others is is not only expensive, but also exhausting. I aactually lways assumed they helped with bills as well.  But I also has assumed DJ/Stephanie/Kimmy were paying some kind of rent since they are not helping Danny and he isn't even in the city. But Danny made a comment about them all living rent free, and it has me questioning that previous belief.

Yes, I even remember other episodes where Jesse and Joey said they dropped off bills. Would do the grocery shoping, ect. Kimmy and Step have said the same. They might not pay rent, but they were pitching in else where. 

On 9/28/2017 at 5:02 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

Isn't anyone team steve? Every time I try to be team Matt I remember how much I loved Steve's prom episode in the original lol.. I know, I need a life. 

Absolutely Team Steve! Nothing against Matt - he seems like a very nice guy - I just really want DJ and Steve to end up together.  

• Love 4
On 9/29/2017 at 10:45 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Also, a lavender unicorn. Wow, they're just trolling us at this point.

Lol, my sentiments the entire episode. I'm pretty sure there was a rainbow print on it too.

On 9/22/2017 at 8:59 PM, bettername2come said:

The opening was not good. That yellow outfit with the owl may be the best thing Kimmy's ever worn. It's weird but it works. I liked Stephanie's "I hear you talking about me" when DJ feared Jackson would be mooching on her couch forever. Tommy's cute. Rocki's not wrong about the murder potential. Realtor was fun. "I've been shot four times, this is nothing."

Best part of the episode. I was rolling xD.

In Japan, Steve and CJ's wedding dishes up one disaster after another -- from a maid of honor who's MIA to a talking toilet with an alarming appetite.

So no surprise that the wedding didn't happen. But I am disappointed because I prefer DJ with Matt.

And I guess the Hello Kitty product placement paid for the trip to Japan.

• Love 1

So I totally forgot it was coming back today. I'm not even sure why I like this dumb show, but I do. 

Neat Japanese credits for the Japan episode. I actually kind of liked the touch.

It must have been insane to actually film some of those scenes in the city. 

I did laugh at Max somehow speaking fluent Japanese. I did like how he suffered through Hello Kitty Land to make Rose happy. Also, I was actually entertained by Fernando. 

I'm definitely sad for not just CJ, but Matt too. I love Matt a lot and though I've grown fonder of Steve since they've toned down most of his creepy stalker obsession, it came a little too late after my complete adoration of Matt with DJ. At least the CJ/DJ creepy stuff is over and done with. I was also getting tired of the mixups. CJ certainly deserves better. With Rose/Max still being a thing, at least I know she isn't completely off the show. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

CJ certainly deserves better. With Rose/Max still being a thing, at least I know she isn't completely off the show. 

I don't think CJ will be back. Rose still being around doesn't mean anything, it's not like we ever met the Gibbler parents.

• Love 2

A letter prompts Ramona to reconsider her future, and Max tempts fate on the "Troller Coaster." Steve and DJ have an important talk.

Man, there were a lot of plots going on in this episode.

A: DJ and Steve
B: Ramona and the dance school
C: The boys and the roller coaster
D: Stephanie and hormone shots

• Love 1

Well, that was not a favourite episode of mine. I'm not really sure I liked it all that much. I know it's a sitcom, but some of the plots went too hokey for me to enjoy. For example, Stephanie's hormone shots plot went a little too wacky at points, though I did enjoy her last scene. 

I did like the brothers bonding again, though it was clear where the whole thing was going. I mean, Max really believes that Jackson is brave? Has he met his brother before? 

Ramona's plot was ok, I guess. I expected as much to happen. I did laugh at her student mentor, though. Her expressing her fake love for the school while simultaneously telling Ramona to run far away was kind of funny. 

Of course, DJ/Steve decide to wait a month, which I really admire the show for going that route. Most sitcoms would just put the two together right away, so I like that they went the route of them waiting out of respect for CJ and Matt. I still don't love the two together as much as I did during the original series, but I didn't outright hate either of them in this episode. So that's a good sign, I guess. 

Jimmy and Steph visit the fertility clinic, and Jackson and Ramona start high school. A big surprise at work brings Matt and DJ closer together.

Ok, who the hell sends an alligator in a box? And that was a real one too, I can't believe the actors did that scene, I would've been running far away from that thing.

Bayview High is the lamest school ever.

• Love 1

Oh man, this episode just reminded me why I prefer Matt to Steve. His scenes with DJ were hilarious and bittersweet. But man, I'm going to miss him. This was what I was worried about; I didn't want John Brotherton to leave just so Steve/DJ could have their chance. But I guess it makes sense that Matt decided to leave to get over his heartbreak. I'm going to be so pissed if Matt doesn't come back at some point by the finale. 

Also, Kathy the Alligator is not something I'd like either. Who in the world has a pet alligator in San Francisco? 

I will admit; Chad Brad Bradley made me chuckle. I didn't like the dance battle until it was just him vs Ramona. I also was cringing when Max and Kimmy showed up at high school. Doesn't Max have his own school to attend? 

I didn't laugh at the teacher coming in to place pylons around Jackson when he fell. Yet I chuckled when it happened to Chad Brad Bradley. 

I guess Rocki/Jackson is really happening. Also, that blonde teenager girl looks familiar for some reason. Either I know the actress or she reminds me of someone. 

• Love 3

DJ pulls out all the stops to get Tommy into a prestigious preschool. Jackson and Ramona unplug for "Pioneer Day" -- so Kimmy decides to join them.

Tommy: You got it dude.
Me: Noooooooo!

I laughed at Jackson and Ramona and the pay phone.

• Love 3

With big things hanging in the balance, the gang tries to revive the Tanner-Fuller magic with an '80s-themed bash -- complete with costumes.

Danny, Joey, Jesse and Becky all move back to San Fransisco. I guess that means we'll see a lot more of them in season 4. That's assuming that there will be a season 4. I don't think anything has been announced yet about renewal or cancellation.

• Love 1

Steph and Jimmy launch their search for a surrogate mother. A rebellious Jackson's "cool" new look pushes all of DJ's buttons.

I think this was my favorite episode so far. Between DJ's crack about Steph's boob job and every word out of Gia's mouth, I was howling.

Isn't Kimmy a little old to be a surrogate? Usually over 35 isn't good for that. But I guess we have the Phoebe from Friends plot going on now, with someone being a surrogate for her brother's babies.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, that blonde teenager girl looks familiar for some reason. Either I know the actress or she reminds me of someone.

I checked the credits and she is played by Logan Riley Hassel. She was in an episode of Modern Family five years ago and a few movies. I guess I saw her in that episode of Modern Family, but I didn't remember her.

Kimmy snags Steph for some "soul sister" bonding while DJ attempts a day off. Max breaks a Tanner family heirloom and tries to hide the evidence.

I was meh on this one. The guys pursuing DJ were creepy, especially getting in the hot tub with her while she had cucumbers over her eyes.

Stephanie and Kimmy scenes were good, though.

• Love 3

The She-Wolves suit up to help when Ramona's "Best Homecoming Dance Ever" ... isn't. Kimmy and Steph cater to a demanding client.

"Usually getting pregnant is a lot more fun." Ha!

That Dakota kid was a piece of work. Great job momming her, Susan. And why are all the people who try to court the Fullers creepy as fuck?

Fernando seems to be the only one who plays with Tommy.

• Love 4