Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, tv echo said:

The second series, Hold Fast, is a reincarnation love epic set during the Reconstruction-era South and present-day Charleston. The show tells the love story in two timelines about a injured Union soldier who is reincarnated in the modern day. His new life is already in progress and includes a fiancée he doesn’t remember. But the memories of his past life start to fade as he desperately tries to find what happened to his past love. This will be written and executive produced by Dana Stevens (Reckless).

I can't imagine why anyone thought this was a good idea in today's racially-charged time.  It also sounds kind of boring ... the desperation sounds a bit mas as I'm pretty sure "his past love" is dead now. Unless he's been reincarnated too.

• Love 1
Just now, SmallScreenDiva said:

Are you writing a fic? :)

Haha he's crashing an Olicity fic but he's going to have a really nice life of his own and not be the third wheel. 

I'm trying to work out his odds of having twins and how many children to give him ?

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Haha he's crashing an Olicity fic but he's going to have a really nice life of his own and not be the third wheel. 

I'm trying to work out his odds of having twins and how many children to give him ?

Great! There's such a dearth of Not Stalkery and Creepy Ray in fics I get excited when I stumble on some where he's just this nice guy.

• Love 1
Just now, SmallScreenDiva said:

Great! There's such a dearth of Not Stalkery and Creepy Ray in fics I get excited when I stumble on some where he's just this nice guy.

He's going to be the happy B plot guy with the nice life! Although you won't quite know who he marries! Hehe that's my smaller B plot mystery! Who did Ray end up with (not Felicity obviously) because I'm going to give him options!

The sweet darling deserves a happily ever after!

• Love 1

Kind of hate to redirect the conversation back to the possibility of a double wedding but while I'm not at hat eating status, I might be close.  The double wedding was the very first idea that popped up when the producers first vaguely started talking about the crossover and not being able to top aliens so upping the emotional end instead.  We were right about the first guess, the WA wedding bringing them together, I'm leaning toward the other half of that guess that was the worst case scenario being right as well.  Though originally I thought it would be WestAllen postpones their wedding and Olicity steps up since why not, but yeah, the double wedding is sounding more and more likely with Olicity being the big TWIST.  

It is just so Geggenheim.  Like I said, not quite at hat eating stage but I think I'd be surprised if we didn't at the very least walk away with engaged Olicity after the crossover.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

That's it exactly.  It's not that I want it to happen, but a Surprise! wedding, once I started thinking about it, seemed so exactly the kind of thing that MG would think was a fantastic twist.  :(

Maybe it's a case of brace for the worst, hope for the best?

• Love 4

Apparently there's a rumor going around in the Supergirl fandom that Alex and Maggie break up in 3x05, and that Alex will hook up with Sara in the crossover. I haven't been able to tell if this is just fan paranoia or based on behind the scenes spoilers (Supergirl is somewhat infamous with those). Maybe somebody here knows more? It would certainly fit Alex supposedly having a lot of scenes with Arrow/Legends characters. But if they use the crossover to have something happen with Alex/Sara that wouldn't really fit with Alex/Kara (as a relationship) being a huge part of the crossover, as opposed to Alex & Kara (as individual characters) playing a huge part in the crossover. 

If Alex does a lot of stuff in the background and hooks up with Sara that would also explain how she can have a lot of scenes despite not being a mask in the conventional sense. Since a storyline like that, even if it is just for the crossover duration would probably require her being introduced to a lot of characters who know Sara, just so they can react to her. 

Well, based on the paparazzi tweets that were posted here, they (Alex and Maggie) do break up, but I didn't see anything about an episode number.  

I'm not sure where the Alex/Sara thing is coming from though, although we were discussing it a bit over in the Legends Spoilers thread.  

It wouldn't surprise me to be honest.  I could see them going there.   

Edited by Starfish35
43 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

That's it exactly.  It's not that I want it to happen, but a Surprise! wedding, once I started thinking about it, seemed so exactly the kind of thing that MG would think was a fantastic twist.  :(

Maybe it's a case of brace for the worst, hope for the best?

See I've been soul searching (shippy soul searching but still soul searching) and I've decided that I am zen with this.

If they don't get married and I'll be cheering for my 620 wedding which is what I wanted in tradition with the episode 20s being Olicity eps (although I think that was only the odd seasons so maybe my theory needs work! But anyway, Olicitots for 720!!!!)

If they do get married and I'll get CRAZY EXCITED ANYWAY BECAUSE IT'S OLICITY PEOPLE!!!!!!!OLICITY!!!!!!! So I'm still breaking out that pretty summer dress in case Olicity get married! 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Well, based on the paparazzi tweets that were posted here, they (Alex and Maggie) do break up, but I didn't see anything about an episode number.  

I'm not sure where the Alex/Sara thing is coming from though, although we were discussing it a bit over in the Legends Spoilers thread.  

It wouldn't surprise me to be honest.  I could see them going there.   

Lindsay B said Maggie hasn't been shooting since the 5th episode, so 5th makes sense for the breakup. 

5th: Sanvers breakup

6th: Kara and Alex travel back to their home town for their high school reunion

7th: Supposedly the Legion episode if Ken can be believed

8th: The crossover

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Well weddings are notorious for hook ups.  

Yeah I'm sure Sara would be fine consoling Alex with a post-breakup fling.

3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

but just because both like girls doesn't mean Alex and Sara have to hook up.

No, and for that reason I'm side-eying this a little bit.  I mean, I could see the writers doing it, but I'm also getting a tiny bit weary of Sara playing Captain Kirk (or should I say Captain Jack) to all the available ladies.  :/  But that's just me.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

Three episodes later is an eternity for breakups on tv shows.  Alex could very well be ready for at least a fun fling but just because both like girls doesn't mean Alex and Sara have to hook up.  

I see some logic in this: 

1.) Both Sara and Alex are favorites of their male writers. I could see them salivating over a chance to hook them up. 

2.) The villains in the crossovers are Nazis and the whole point of the freedom fighters according to Guggenheim is that those oppressed by the nazis (women, jews, gays) make up the freedom fighters. So that might give them reason to put their LGBT cred front an center. It would fit with them advertising the award they got and how they make a big show out of the live action version of The Ray being in the crossover. There's probably a semi decent chance we'll get "clever" nods to the Trump administration if the previous season of Supergirl is anything to go by. 

2 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Yeah I'm sure Sara would be fine consoling Alex with a post-breakup fling.

Except do we really think they are going to include anything very sexy in the crossover?  At most maybe a kiss and an aborted fling traded in for a conversation about the love that Sara had to let go of (Nyssa) because life got in the way.  Though LoT viewers really wouldn't know about Nyssa.  Maybe Sara has another love interest to talk about by that time.  

1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

Except do we really think they are going to include anything very sexy in the crossover?  At most maybe a kiss and an aborted fling traded in for a conversation about the love that Sara had to let go of (Nyssa) because life got in the way.  Though LoT viewers really wouldn't know about Nyssa.  Maybe Sara has another love interest to talk about by that time.  

I was thinking about that - I don't know.  I could see it happening that way though.

I don't think she'll have another love interest by then.  If it's Ava (which I don't want but am bracing myself for), I'm not sure they'll have gotten past the "I hate you so much" stage of their relationship by then.

2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I thought they said they were going to concentrate on highlighting Sara's bisexuality which I took to mean they are giving her a male love interest.

They said they were going to re-establish it.  Which I also took to mean she was getting a male love interest, but it's starting to sound more and more like it's going to be Ava.  So....I'm not sure.  

I was thinking about that - I don't know.  I could see it happening that way though.

I don't think she'll have another love interest by then.  If it's Ava (which I don't want but am bracing myself for), I'm not sure they'll have gotten past the "I hate you so much" stage of their relationship by then.

But they might be ready to start setting it up and therefore have Sara say something that sounds like closure with Nyssa.  I mean, what if Nyssa has died by 601 of Arrow?  It would make sense for Sara to react and if Alex has just three episodes ago lost the woman she wanted to marry because of reasons, I could see Sara commiserating but maybe also coming to the conclusion she's ready to really open her heart again aka Alex will get there too in time.  

• Love 1

Well the action must quiet down at some point in the crossover for the real Westallen wedding to go through. I assume this will be after the baddies are defeated. And maybe it will only be flirting, maybe dancing at the wedding, some heated makeouts? 

I don't think that Sara needs to tell Alex about Nyssa anymore than she needed to do that with her 1 episode flings. Because just because Alex is a regular on another show doesn't change that it will probably be a one off fling. Especially if the reason for why Alex and Maggie break up is true, then that is just a very different reason compared to Sara and Nyssa's more tragic reason to break up. 

I'm also a bit bothered by them giving Sara only female love interests and paying only lip service to her bisexuality. They really should at least give her a male one off at least, like they did with the Queen of France or the nurse. Based on the characters they have added so far this season I also see only potential for the female cast members in regards to potential love interests. 

Edited by LolaRuns
  • Love 2

I don't think that Sara needs to tell Alex about Nyssa anymore than she needed to do that with her 1 episode flings. Because just because Alex is a regular on another show doesn't change that it will probably be a one off fling. Especially if the reason for why Alex and Maggie break up is true, then that is just a very different reason compared to Sara and Nyssa's more tragic reason to break up. 

She wouldn't need to tell her about Nyssa but if Alex starts babbling about having just lost the only person she's ever going to love and not thinking she's ever going to be able to get over it, then Sara could offer comfort or hope by talking about Nyssa.  Not being able to be with someone you love is still not being able to be with them, the reasons don't have to be that similar.    

• Love 2

Well, it sounds like Earth-X literally crashes the wedding.  So depending on when the whole thing starts, you could possibly have some time the night before the wedding.  But this is all theoretical.  :)

I think Sara has had closure with Nyssa.  But if Nyssa is one of the casualties of the island exploding, yeah, it would be nice to get some acknowledgement from Sara on that.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

Who is this Ava you speak of? I feel like I've missed something completely!

IIRA, she's a member of the new time bureau that Rip puts together that clashes with the Legends over how they are meddling/fixing time.  

1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

Well, it sounds like Earth-X literally crashes the wedding.  So depending on when the whole thing starts, you could possibly have some time the night before the wedding.  But this is all theoretical.  :)

I think Sara has had closure with Nyssa.  But if Nyssa is one of the casualties of the island exploding, yeah, it would be nice to get some acknowledgement from Sara on that.

It would be really crummy if they used the Crossover to have Arrow tell Sara about Nyssa. Especially with the whole "kill the gays" stuff. And when they are already getting some flack over making the badguys in the crossover come from actual nazis. 

So if Nyssa is a casualty, I hope they have Sara find out before the crossover. 

5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Who is this Ava you speak of? I feel like I've missed something completely!

She's this woman from the trailer.jes-macallan-legends-of-tomorrow-ava-sha

3 minutes ago, LolaRuns said:

I agree.  Although I'm still hoping Nyssa isn't one of the casualties.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, LolaRuns said:

I'm also a bit bothered by them giving Sara only female love interests and paying only lip service to her bisexuality. They really should at least give her a male one off at least, like they did with the Queen of France or the nurse. Based on the characters they have added so far this season I also see only potential for the female cast members in regards to potential love interests. 

They said they were going to "re-establish" her bisexuality.  If she's not getting a male love interest, I'm assuming this is how they plan to do that, just have her hook up with or kiss a guy or two they meet somewhere in time.

• Love 2
Just now, LolaRuns said:

I like to think that they'll write it as her fate is unknown. She disappeared on the island, but we have no confirmation that she's actually dead. 

There is a segment of the fans that is seething and foaming at the mouth for people that matter to die as a result of Chase's plot, swearing that it will invalidate Prometheus as a villain if he doesn't make his final act really hurt.  So I do wonder if MG thinks this way as well and thus I have to consider if he would think that killing Nyssa would do the trick while also not actually losing a regular.  I mean, it would SUCK, so he'd be right IMO.  I'd much prefer her fate to be unknown but I'm not very hopeful.  

2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm sure further into the season they will let her put her hair down and loosen up a bit.

Yeah I hope so, if they really plan to put her with Sara.  It's just funny.  If I was coming up with a love interest for Sara, rigid and rule-bound would be pretty much the opposite of who I'd go with.  I'd go with someone more like HG (Helena) Wells on Warehouse 13.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, LolaRuns said:

It would be really crummy if they used the Crossover to have Arrow tell Sara about Nyssa. Especially with the whole "kill the gays" stuff. And when they are already getting some flack over making the badguys in the crossover come from actual nazis. 

Well, when the show picks up, Sara will have been working in the present for a while at some Bed Bath and Beyond knockoff so she very well could already know and that's not even taking into account that she has access to the complete database of all time and space, past, and future.  For all we know she might have known about it for years already.    

• Love 1

There is a segment of the fans that is seething and foaming at the mouth for people that matter to die as a result of Chase's plot, swearing that it will invalidate Prometheus as a villain if he doesn't make his final act really hurt.  So I do wonder if MG thinks this way as well and thus I have to consider if he would think that killing Nyssa would do the trick while also not actually losing a regular.  I mean, it would SUCK, so he'd be right IMO.  I'd much prefer her fate to be unknown but I'm not very hopeful.  

You might be right, but I think it's stupid anyway. After all, if this marks the switch over to there no longer being any island flashbacks that means that it already had a deep effect on the structure of the show. 

I guess re-established could come in a variety of ways. Even just by talking about it, or putting in jokes to remind people that she and Ollie used to date. I would be interesting to see how a one off episode romance with a guy could work. So far with the female one off Sara has usually been the seducer. So I wonder what a guy would have to be like for her to want to jump his bones so quickly. 

I think so far Sara has played out more like she thinks girls are hot, but she might go a guy only if there's also an emotional connection. So meaning the requirements on guys are higher. 

Edited by LolaRuns
  • Love 2

Yeah I hope so, if they really plan to put her with Sara.  It's just funny.  If I was coming up with a love interest for Sara, rigid and rule-bound would be pretty much the opposite of who I'd go with.  I'd go with someone more like HG (Helena) Wells on Warehouse 13.

I think the more interesting ship to watch with Sara would be someone very different from her so maybe they plan on playing up Sara's fun-loving side at this point and let Ava be the too serious one for a change.  

• Love 1
Just now, BkWurm1 said:

I think the more interesting ship to watch with Sara would be someone very different from her so maybe they plan on playing up Sara's fun-loving side at this point and let Ava be the too serious one for a change.  

Maybe.  I guess I just would have liked it to be the other way around. :/  But who knows, they may surprise me. I'm trying to keep an open mind about it. Lol. :)

Maybe.  I guess I just would have liked it to be the other way around. :/  But who knows, they may surprise me. I'm trying to keep an open mind about it. Lol. :)

That's where I was too but looks like they are going another way.  

• Love 1

Well, the writers said they enjoy Legends being zany and they want even more of that in season 3, so I guess it fits this approach that we won't get a return to a more serious Sara. 

Pity too, I liked some of the more dark moments of season 1, even if the Vandal Savage stuff didn't really work great as a main plot. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

It is just so Geggenheim.  Like I said, not quite at hat eating stage but I think I'd be surprised if we didn't at the very least walk away with engaged Olicity after the crossover.  

Getting them engaged is what I thought of; because it's the better option than sharing a wedding day. (Come on, Guggenheim, really wanna do that?) Could they get engaged before the crossover, or the episode after?

11 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Well the episode after would be the mid-season finale, and they already did that in season four.  Not to say they wouldn't do it again, but....*shrugs*

That seems too repetitive to happen.  And yes, sure, Arrow often is repetitive but that's just a bit too on the nose.  I would take it, but I think even MG will recall he's already done that.  Now if he wanted to do one better and lickety-split marry them right away in 609 after just getting engaged in the crossover, I'd take that.  :D  It would give them possible time to run off and have a honeymoon offscreen as well which would mean the bigger cliffhanger would have to rest with a different cast member, but if something major happened with Diggle, I'd be good with it.  

• Love 3

Lol what the heck I'll go sort out an engagement dress too!

I watched S4 knowing it ended in tears  and couldn't squee over much since I knew how it turned out so I'm enjoying the do-over. 

@BkWurm1 setting myself up for disappointment but still hoping for "back together again for good Olicity sex"

Although there are no reports of closed sets so that's a pipe dream of mine. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Sara is the HG Wells of this situation, Ava would be her Myka. I'm sure being around Sara will make Ava break her rules more and more. Sara tends to bring out the rebel in people. 

As for Sara and Alex I can see them going there. If Alex is coming off her first breakup, a fling with Sara will show her that there are other women out there that are interested in her. 

• Love 4