Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Just now, tarotx said:

I think he must be angry that Flashpoint was 1 episode? He seems to be very pro comic - just going by this two tweets :p 

Since he said it doubled-down on its worst qualities - I wonder what he thinks its worst qualities are? I don't follow him or listen to his podcast very often.

I remembered him saying he was rage quitting after Oliver left Felicity in the hospital alone--I'm glad he clarified.  I can only imagine what he would do if he saw the garbage fire storyline.

Was he the reviewer who got annoyed that all the drama in the Flash centered around keeping secrets? 

I'm going to guess that Barry realizes his mistake, then everyone will tell him it's okay he got what he wanted. The main thing I got from watching the Flash is Barry's happiness is the only thing that matters. People will die for him and give up their realities for him to get whatever he wants. Then reward him when he fixes the mess he made. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Since he said it doubled-down on its worst qualities - I wonder what he thinks its worst qualities are? I don't follow him or listen to his podcast very often.

I don't listen to the guy's podcast either. Though, For me The Flash's worse qualities are Barry being stupid, too many fathers to encouraging Barry to do the stupid and having the women characters stand there and look pretty but little else.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Hmmm...that tweet about him quitting doesn't seem to be quite right. IIRC he quit after 4x10 when he said Oliver wasn't a hero he could root for anymore.

ETA: he clarified

Ryan's tweet is bringing back the rage I felt when Oliver left Felicity alone in the hospital thinking he didn't want her anymore. So I don't blame him for quitting tbh. Haha.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, tarotx said:

I think he must be angry that Flashpoint was 1 episode? He seems to be very pro comic - just going by this two tweets :p 

He actually isn't. One of his biggest complaints about Arrow in the early seasons (when he still loved it) was its unwillingness to jettison the parts that didn't work simply because they were tied to comics (*cough* Laurel), which is what makes his tweet re: the grave kind of confusing. He never did come around on her, though he acknowledged that at least they were trying to make her work better. He said on his podcast (and that later tweet) that he quit after 410, so.... I think maybe he's saying that he decided not to give it another shot when he found out they killed LL? Maybe he thought that was a bridge too far? Maybe just fed up after the spate of female-character-killing that went on last spring.

At any rate--what I know he loves about The Flash is Joe and Barry or really Barry and all his dads. I think he also likes Cisco? I think he was starting to find Barry hard to root for by the end of last season, and yes, I think ~secrets~ are one of his pet peeves on these shows, so maybe it's a combo of both. Regardless, I'm a little excited to find out what pissed him off so much!

• Love 5

Could he just hate the misuse and abuse of the female characters? 

2 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

He actually isn't. One of his biggest complaints about Arrow in the early seasons (when he still loved it) was its unwillingness to jettison the parts that didn't work simply because they were tied to comics (*cough* Laurel), which is what makes his tweet re: the grave kind of confusing. He never did come around on her, though he acknowledged that at least they were trying to make her work better. He said on his podcast (and that later tweet) that he quit after 410, so.... I think maybe he's saying that he decided not to give it another shot when he found out they killed LL? Maybe he thought that was a bridge too far? Maybe just fed up after the spate of female-character-killing that went on last spring.

At any rate--what I know he loves about The Flash is Joe and Barry or really Barry and all his dads. I think he also likes Cisco? I think he was starting to find Barry hard to root for by the end of last season, and yes, I think ~secrets~ are one of his pet peeves on these shows, so maybe it's a combo of both. Regardless, I'm a little excited to find out what pissed him off so much!

Oh Maybe Barry damages his relationship with Joe? I'm looking forward to that if it's the case :p

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Ryan's tweet is bringing back the rage I felt when Oliver left Felicity alone in the hospital thinking he didn't want her anymore. So I don't blame him for quitting tbh. Haha.

I wish I could forget that he did that...while continuously lying to her about secret kid and then (alluding) to visits to see secret kid all while she was coping with her new paralysis.  I hate every part of that BMD story so much.  

• Love 10

Anyone watching Flash, I need some clarification:

Did Barry just appear in the Flashpoint timeline? Like, it seems as if this Barry has only been in this timeline for a few months (his mom's comment about him hugging her every morning before breakfast for the last few months, him keeping Reverse Flash in a cage and feeding him which he wouldn't have been able to do if he was "reborn" in there) - what happened to the version of Barry he replaced? And why does he have memories with Iris in this new timeline from when they were young like everything in Flashpoint is the same as it was in Barry's normal reality? 

Did I miss something?

I think, not sure, that Barry time traveled to the future/current time after rescuing his mom. I think that was the point of the flashback showing what happened with Reverse Flash.

I like the way DP is playing this Caitlin it's cute/quirky.

I was ok with WestAllen when Barry asked her out and on their date.  However, all the Meant2B4Eva and Destiny, twe luv, etc had me gagging.  Tone it down show!

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Anyone watching Flash, I need some clarification:

Sorry, but I only have more questions:

Why is Joe an alcoholic? I'm borderline pissed by the implication that it's because he didn't have Barry to nurture and give his life purpose.

Also, why is Cisco's Star Labs full of people despite he sweeping shot of a clearly empty parking lot?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Um, i have no idea what caused Ryan McGee to rage quit.

I think it's hysterical that Flashpoint was ended by the end of 301.

Yeah, I didn't see anything rage quitty. Barry screwing things up more when he's trying to fix them - THAT'S SO BARRY! But nothing that he hasn't done repeatedly. Maybe the reviewer guy is just fed up with Barry.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

Yeah, I didn't see anything rage quitty. Barry screwing things up more when he's trying to fix them - THAT'S SO BARRY! But nothing that he hasn't done repeatedly. Maybe the reviewer guy is just fed up with Barry.

If I had to take a guess I'd say it's probably Iris being estranged from Joe in the new timeline.

Well they solved the problem of Joe having to worry about Iris. Now she just doesn't talk to him, probably because all he cared about was his two sons. 

3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

How was the preview for next week? Any Felicity?

Felicity was in the preview for next week. Barry tells her about messing up the timeline again. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

How was the preview for next week? Any Felicity?

Yes we see Barry telling Felicity about the new Big Bad (Alchemy)  and about Flashpoint.

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If I had to take a guess I'd say it's probably Iris being estranged from Joe in the new timeline.

Interesting, i never really thought of that. I don't know if that rage quit worthy (but i guess that's up to the individual). I was thinking of them killing someone off or bringing someone back (a cheap fix) deal.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Interesting, i never really thought of that. I don't know if that rage quit worthy (but i guess that's up to the individual). I was thinking of them killing someone off or bringing someone back (a cheap fix) deal.

I'm probably wrong, haha. I'm speaking from my own experience as someone who doesn't like time travel - I don't like resets and redos and things being changed for no reason - and this just seems like an easy way to cause drama, and yet another instance where it seems (admittedly this could change next episode) that the lingering effects of something Barry has done affect people who, YET AGAIN are not him. 

• Love 4

And also, YET AGAIN, Barry decided to go and change the timeline without consulting a number of people who were DIRECTLY INVOLVED. Yes, I know Wally was dying, but you could at least TRY talking to Cisco first, Barry!

• Love 2

My problem with it was that Iris was rendered completely unnecessary, despite the heavy-handed True!Love she and Barry clearly felt in the FP. First, the one major difference in the West household in FP is Barry's absence, so Joe is an alcoholic with no other explanation except that Barry was missing from his life.  And, when Barry restores the timeline and goes "home," it's Joe's house that's his home (as it's always been), even though one would think True!Love would have led him to Iris, that she would have been his home.  

And, I just don't buy that after so many seasons of Barry pining for his mother, he would happily proclaim himself OK after giving the kill order for his mom in FP and when returning from his father's grave in the current timeline.  Did 301 just wrap up that heavy, emotional journey so neatly?

• Love 7

I thought Felicity might have been in a wheelchair too.  I don't know about being in a flashback but Barry was telling her about traveling through time.  She wanted to know what happened.    

47 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher said:

Why is Joe an alcoholic? I'm borderline pissed by the implication that it's because he didn't have Barry to nurture and give his life purpose.

I think I'm past the borderline. 

Also not a fan that while CIsco got billionaire genius, plus a whole set redone, special entry music and a scene with a model drooling over him, Caitlin got a lab coat with kid friendly pins and reduced to someone pimping lasik. They let her make one smart observation and then she wanders away uninterested in any of this stuff.  Why did I expect better?

26 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Well they solved the problem of Joe having to worry about Iris. Now she just doesn't talk to him, probably because all he cared about was his two sons. 

Felicity was in the preview for next week. Barry tells her about messing up the timeline again. 

And she compares Barry to pudding as in everyone love pudding. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I feel bad for Barry's poor mother, there must be 5000 Flash's running around her house right before she dies. Each time she's probably more terrified. 

When the Reverse Flash went back to change time...again, suddenly the RF that Barry had stopped from killing his mom vanished and then so did Barry, suggesting that once they travel in time and make a change, the other travelers in time also vanish, which not only is a retcon but also really doesn't make sense given the three months it took for the time line to alter with Barry and that was blamed on his speed?  

14 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I thought Felicity might have been in a wheelchair too.  I don't know about being in a flashback but Barry was telling her about traveling through time.  She wanted to know what happened.    

I can only see one reason for Felicity being in a wheelchair and that's an excuse to have her go to CC. Something is wrong with her chip so she goes to Cisco to fix it. Other than that it doesn't make sense. 

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think it's just a coincidence that Felicity has on the same dress. She's wearing a different necklace from the one she had on in 4x14.

She also has a braid in her hair which o don't think she's ever done on Arrow 

Also, OMG (from a post-ep interview posted here):

Despite this big change, Patton told EW that the original Iris likely wouldn’t be upset by Barry’s decision to tinker with the timeline. “We watched Barry have his father murdered right in front of him, his dad’s doppelgänger shows up, so he was going through a lot at the end of the season,” Patton said. “I think Iris, more than anyone, would understand the pressure he felt to want to do something of change. I think she would be supportive.” Whether Iris would understand her relationship with her father now being nonexistent is another question.

This doesn't make me feel good things.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

If Reverse Flash still exists does that mean Eddie is still alive? 

I didn't watch but I'm reading all the reactions and I'm so confused, haha.

Eddie!!!

7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I can only see one reason for Felicity being in a wheelchair and that's an excuse to have her go to CC. Something is wrong with her chip so she goes to Cisco to fix it. Other than that it doesn't make sense. 

If not for the perfection that is Curtis, I would say that's a good reason to send Felicity over. 

• Love 2