Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I give them props for including Dean's bunny. I'm bothered by the lack of Mark Sheppard. 

Oh my God yes! It's like they're denying that he ever existed! No message from the other main 3 or the writers when he died, no mention in comic-con, and not a single scene of him in the gag-reel. WTF show?

I can't see the gag reel.. says it's been removed.  But I'm sure it will be up on YouTube soon.

I've got all seasons DVDs, but I'm not buying season 12 unless I see it really cheap.  It was the worst for me, way more so than season 7.  I have all episodes recorded.  I'll started deleting to make room and just keep the few that I actually enjoyed.

I'm sure everyone has noticed  the Js are talking more and more seriously about the end of the series.  It's on the horizon.  It's been an impressive run.  Will it go into the Guinness Book of Records??? Hope so.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

I can't see the gag reel.. says it's been removed.  But I'm sure it will be up on YouTube soon.

I've got all seasons DVDs, but I'm not buying season 12 unless I see it really cheap.  It was the worst for me, way more so than season 7.  I have all episodes recorded.  I'll started deleting to make room and just keep the few that I actually enjoyed.

I'm sure everyone has noticed  the Js are talking more and more seriously about the end of the series.  It's on the horizon.  It's been an impressive run.  Will it go into the Guinness Book of Records??? Hope so.

Yes I think Jared having to Facetime Tom on his first day of kindergarten, not being able to get home before the hurricane hit and negotiations not going well for shorter seasons is playing very heavily on their decision to call it a day.

1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

I'm sure everyone has noticed  the Js are talking more and more seriously about the end of the series.  It's on the horizon.  It's been an impressive run.  Will it go into the Guinness Book of Records??? Hope so

The question is whether Wayward Whatever is given a series and they can try and continue the franchise. But for me personally, Supernatural ends when the boys leave. They won't outdo Doctor Who but they could hold the N.A. record unless X Files goes to 13 or 14. SPN could do a movie but honestly I'm not interested in watching TFW become the "Giles" and guiding a school of hunters or whatever. I want them to go out in a blaze of glory or just an ambiguous ending in which it's likely they end up dying in battle.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I found the Gag reel a little disappointing.  The funny part, I had already seen from the Shaving people videos.

But I guess its a fitting end to a disappointing season.

The Monty Python opening was really bizarre. 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

The Monty Python opening was really bizarre. 

I liked that part. I thought it was quirky and funny, and I thought the music used with the intro was perfect for the gag reel but they didn't use it again which was weird. IMO, the editing of the gag reel was choppy and IMO, lacked the charm of all the other gag reels even s11. Or at least what made it online came across that way.

I did like that they used the music from Ask Jeeves. I thought it was appropriate. I still remember the songs they played when they showed cast and crew, like Swank's "I Shook the Devil's Hand", "Shoot at the Devil",  and "Drunkard's Damnation Jamboree" in previous gag reels. Those are fun songs and they fit with the show and were perfect for the gag reel.  But man, my eye twitched when they used that awful music from the awful Rock Never Dies episode, save the boys in leather jackets, snarky Cas, and Rick Springfield.  It was so bad I keep thinking it was purposefully bad and some kind of inside joke that I didn't get and didn't find funny.

I wish they wouldn't waste so much space on the boys making faces and dancing around unless it's Jensen in short shorts cause that was worth it. Otherwise, meh.

That said, I did laugh at many of the outtakes, like Jared and Jensen with "Charlie the Unicorn" bit. "Show us the waaaaay". For reference, it's the best worst animation I've ever seen. LOL It's so bad it's good. I want them to hunt a Liaplueradon and ride unicorns to find it.** I always feel bad for how much Jared fucks with Misha but it's funny.

But overall, it was pretty meh, IMO

SIDEBAR: LOL I swear, if I didn't know better I would swear that Lolz and Roffle, the pink and blue unicorns, are Sam, and Dean with the amulet, especially with Charlie's line of "Great, now go away, I'm tired of the horrible things that happen you're around". LOLOLOL

Edited by catrox14

If that's the actual gag reel for season 12, it's pretty bad, IMO.  They could literally air a full season's worth of episodes of nothing but outtakes from the past 12 years, so I don't know why they have to edit them so badly in something like this.  I know it's a bad copy, so maybe the actual YouTube version will be less disjointed.  I'm totally onboard for that season of outtakes, by the way.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

If that's the actual gag reel for season 12, it's pretty bad, IMO.  They could literally air a full season's worth of episodes of nothing but outtakes from the past 12 years, so I don't know why they have to edit them so badly in something like this.  I know it's a bad copy, so maybe the actual YouTube version will be less disjointed.  I'm totally onboard for that season of outtakes, by the way.

I think they would release a season of gag reels after the show ends, and after waivers and disclaimers have been signed. LOL

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Yes I think Jared having to Facetime Tom on his first day of kindergarten, not being able to get home before the hurricane hit and negotiations not going well for shorter seasons is playing very heavily on their decision to call it a day.

How do you know negotiations for shorter season aren't going well? Did they mention this at a convention? 

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

The question is whether Wayward Whatever is given a series and they can try and continue the franchise. But for me personally, Supernatural ends when the boys leave. They won't outdo Doctor Who but they could hold the N.A. record unless X Files goes to 13 or 14. SPN could do a movie but honestly I'm not interested in watching TFW become the "Giles" and guiding a school of hunters or whatever. I want them to go out in a blaze of glory or just an ambiguous ending in which it's likely they end up dying in battle.

What does N.A stand for? Sorry I'm having a dumb moment.

6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

North American. :)

I doubt the X Files will ever beat the show. If, as many are speculating, Supernatural ended at the 300 episode mark the X Files would need 10 more seasons to catch up. It has 208 episodes and has been doing 6-10 episodes since the revival. 

Edited by Wayward Son
Slight mistake in the X Files. It has 208 episodes not 202
2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

How do you know negotiations for shorter season aren't going well? Did they mention this at a convention? 

Curious about this as well.

As for the gag reel. Really? I guess I shouldn't be surprised after the season we got, but that was, ummm, underwhelming. All I can say is thank goodness for Shaving People, Punting Things.

2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

All I can say is thank goodness for Shaving People, Punting Things.

I was under the impression that the gag reel is edited by the Shaving People, Punting Things people but I could be wrong. I know Mary Manchin did the Monty Python opening sequence, not sure about the rest of the editing or whether or not she is part of Shaving People, Punting Things. I know Phil Sgriccia is part of Shaving People, Punting Things along with Todd Aronauer who left the show. Not sure who does it now.

52 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I was under the impression that the gag reel is edited by the Shaving People, Punting Things people but I could be wrong. I know Mary Manchin did the Monty Python opening sequence, not sure about the rest of the editing or whether or not she is part of Shaving People, Punting Things. I know Phil Sgriccia is part of Shaving People, Punting Things along with Todd Aronauer who left the show. Not sure who does it now.

I don't know who is behind the SPPT videos either, but it's hard to believe it's the same crew that put this gag reel together. I realize they are not the same thing - the SPPT videos are productions, not just outtakes and fuck-ups, but this gag reel just fell totally flat for me. I simply can't believe that the best they can come up with is screwing-with-Misha takes we've seen a million times and the guys messing up a few lines (even those seem almost intentional). Where's the scene Jensen talked about when he pretty much set his arm on fire? I believe it was from LOTUS, with the garbage can in the hotel room. They had just filmed it before TorCon last fall and they were both cracking up talking about it. The 'fun' on set is pretty much legend and this is what they put out? Apart from the titles (which have nothing to do with the guys), it's not even well put together. Meh. I wish I was surprised, but to me it's just one more brick in the wall that convinces me the people in charge just DGAF about this show any more. First time since I became a fan I didn't pre-order the DVDs, and this isn't inspiring me to rush over to Amazon.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, sarvenaz said:

Is it just me or is it not as funny as always? Or maybe it's just the bad quality?

I don't know if it's that there is less to mine these days or if they're just not keeping the cameras rolling through all the hijinks anymore, but the gag reels have been pretty flat for me for a couple years now. Sounds like the hijinks are more everyday occurrences these days than they were in the early days, so they may not see them as something they need to capture anymore? 

12 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I'm bothered by the lack of Mark Sheppard. 

All parties involved with the gag reel have to sign off on it, so it could be that either Mark Sheppard didn't sign off on anything or the show didn't contact him to sign off since their breakup? It also could be there just wasn't much of Mark for the gag reel this year?

• Love 2

Mark has always had stuff for the gag reel  so I doubt that it was a lack of material. Regardless, it doesn't really change that I'm bothered by him not being in it. :)

22 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

All parties involved with the gag reel have to sign off on it, so it could be that either Mark Sheppard didn't sign off on anything or the show didn't contact him to sign off since their breakup? It also could be there just wasn't much of Mark for the gag reel this year?

Do all the actors in a scene with an outtake have to sign off on the scene being included? Like Mark wasn't even in the Monty Python intro. Maybe that's why the LOTUS scene with Jensen on fire is not included because Mark was in that scene?

Edited by catrox14
On 8/29/2017 at 6:36 PM, TexasGal said:

Ok I know I probably don't want to know this but - in comments on that article people are complaining about Misha and "the beard."  I'm confused - is Danneel the beard?  WTF?  Crazy people.

Why, just why?

On 8/29/2017 at 6:48 PM, catrox14 said:

According to some J2 tinhats Danneel and Gen are in fake marriages with J2 who are actually the couple. Go figure. Some think Misha is the devil

Again why? How is that even a thing?

On 8/29/2017 at 7:02 PM, Wayward Son said:

@TexasGal

To add to this, Misha is sometimes referred to as the "Meard" it's a combination of "male" and "beard". Basically, as I understand it, the J2 tinhats believe he's used to try and take the focus off j2 in a "see these guys just have deep relationship with their co stars. There is nothing to see here" type way. 

Of course because I'm a complete dumbass I decided to look this crap up and I'm just left thinking of how curiosity killed the cat and wishing my memory of the last 30 minutes was the cat. 

• Love 1
Just now, trxr4kids said:

Why, just why?

Of course because I'm a complete dumbass I decided to look this crap up and I'm just left thinking of how curiosity killed the cat and wishing my memory of the last 30 minutes was the cat. 

Oh God now I'm curious just how far down the rabbit hole you went hahaha

1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

What does N.A stand for? Sorry I'm having a dumb moment.

Because they were talking about negotiating for shorter seasons at the beginning of Con season and then they were saying they hadn't been picked up for S14 and now they are talking the end of the series altogether.   The "talk" (I suppose we can believe it or not) is that the CW is all for keeping the series going indefinitely but WB is the one who pays for SPN to air.   And right now it costs more than it brings in to air the show.  So between what the J's want (a shortened season 14 and beyond), what the CW wants (SPN in any form) and what WB is willing to pay for (?) there seems to be an impasse atm.  Dabb's deconstruction of the show and it's affect on ratings isn't helping either.  The J's I think really want to make it to 300 but in order to do that the ratings need to at least stay steady (or hopefully rise) from last season.  The WB isn't going to keep the show around for sentimental reasons if it loses too much money.  We may just get the show going out with a weak whimper.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Oh God now I'm curious just how far down the rabbit hole you went hahaha

I started at superwiki and went to reddit and then I ran away screaming when I found Your daily dose of Supernatural gossip.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, trxr4kids said:

Some folks have speculated that J2 have been a real life couple since the early days of the show and that Genevieve and Danneel are paid to be J2's public wives & baby mamas. I can only assume that started because J2 have amazing chemistry on screen and are best friends IRL.

3 minutes ago, trxr4kids said:

I started at superwiki and went to reddit and then I ran away screaming when I found Your daily dose of Supernatural gossip.

LOOLOL

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, trxr4kids said:

Oh Lord! SPN gossip is pretty far down the rabbit hole indeed. Avoid certain parts of twitter also! 

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

LOOLOL

LOOLOL indeed xD 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Because they were talking about negotiating for shorter seasons at the beginning of Con season and then they were saying they hadn't been picked up for S14 and now they are talking the end of the series altogether.

As far as I know, no one is negotiating for shorter seasons, that's been fan speculation based on comments that Jared and Jensen would be okay with shorter seasons. And, the show wouldn't yet be picked up for S14 yet, the earliest renewal the show has ever had was in January.

5 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

And right now it costs more than it brings in to air the show.  

While the advertising revenue probably isn't paying for the show these days, there are other revenue sources that seem to be making up the difference. I'm fairly certain the show does right by the WB and that's why they've been so supportive of it.

25 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Do all the actors in a scene with an outtake have to sign off on the scene being included? Like Mark wasn't even in the Monty Python intro. Maybe that's why the LOTUS scene with Jensen on fire is not included because Mark was in that scene?

All I know is Jensen and Misha have mentioned they have to sign off on the gag reel before it's released. I don't know if this is still true, but the gag reel used to be something put together for the season wrap party. They include it on the DVD, but I think it gets edited heavily from what is shown to the cast and crew. 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

As far as I know, no one is negotiating for shorter seasons, that's been fan speculation based on comments that Jared and Jensen would be okay with shorter seasons. And, the show wouldn't yet be picked up for S14 yet, the earliest renewal the show has ever had was in January.

I think since J2 have mentioned it themselves a few times, I don't think it's unreasonable speculation that it will factor into their negotiations at this point. It surprised me that they were asking fans to push for a s14. Seems unusual

34 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

While the advertising revenue probably isn't paying for the show these days, there are other revenue sources that seem to be making up the difference. I'm fairly certain the show does right by the WB and that's why they've been so supportive of it.

All I know is Jensen and Misha have mentioned they have to sign off on the gag reel before it's released. I don't know if this is still true, but the gag reel used to be something put together for the season wrap party. They include it on the DVD, but I think it gets edited heavily from what is shown to the cast and crew. 

Jared said they were negotiating for shorter seasons at a con earlier this year.  I don't remember which one.  They both said that they hadn't been picked up for S14 and that there was some negotiating going on.

The other revenue sources still can't compete with nielsen ratings.  There are other factors but last season we didn't do well in the Live+7 ratings as well as the Live+3 ratings.  We did ok in the Twitter ratings but not consistently.  The WB was more supportive of the show before the beginning of last season.  That support seems to have cooled a bit.  The CW and WB have new projects that they would like to showcase.  

I still think 300 is going to happen but I do believe it will only happen if the J's get their shortened season.

The other revenue sources still can't compete with nielsen ratings.  There are other factors but last season we didn't do well in the Live+7 ratings as well as the Live+3 ratings.  We did ok in the Twitter ratings but not consistently.  The WB was more supportive of the show before the beginning of last season.  That support seems to have cooled a bit.  The CW and WB have new projects that they would like to showcase.

There is a difference.  There are the ratings for live viewing and DVR that matter to affiliates and for ad buys. The show itself makes a helluva lot of money for WB overall though. So I think they make a big profit.

The ratings do matter and I think if they fell to something around a 3 or 4, that would be a problem for the network. I think at that point even Pedowitz would say okay we can't do this anymore and they would give them a chance to wrap the story. If they keep coming in around 6, they won't be canceled. IMO

58 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

The other revenue sources still can't compete with nielsen ratings. There are other factors but last season we didn't do well in the Live+7 ratings as well as the Live+3 ratings.  We did ok in the Twitter ratings but not consistently.  

If this was ten years ago--or even four or five--I'd totally agree with you, but I don't think that's the case anymore. There's so many different ways to watch TV, the Neilsen ratings just are rather antiqued these days. That's not to say rating don't matter but if you put the ratings dip in context with ratings dipping network-wide while Supernatural held their own better than most, I think it adds up a bit differently. 

58 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

The WB was more supportive of the show before the beginning of last season.  That support seems to have cooled a bit.

That's not the impression I've gotten at all. But, that's the thing about impressions, they are feelings not facts, so who knows?

I think since J2 have mentioned it themselves a few times, I don't think it's unreasonable speculation that it will factor into their negotiations at this point. 

I wasn't suggesting it was unreasonable speculation, just pointing out it was only speculation as far as I knew.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

The WB was more supportive of the show before the beginning of last season.  That support seems to have cooled a bit.  The CW and WB have new projects that they would like to showcase.

I dunno. The WB put a pretty big show on for them at Comic Con this year. I think they are still invested in the show, even if the CW won't promote it.

• Love 4

I dunno. The WB put a pretty big show on for them at Comic Con this year. I think they are still invested in the show, even if the CW won't promote it.

Yes the boys never out and out said they are trying to get shorter seasons--that is just fan misreading and fan telephone.  And also as someone mentioned the falsehood that keeps going in some quarters--that the ratings are going poorly.  The opposite is the case--almost all shows go down year to year AND SPN is doing better than almost all the CW shows in that regard this last year.  The ratings are fine.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 3

I don't think the show is in any immediate danger of being cancelled, but I do get a bit of a mixed vibe from Jensen and Jared.  Jared, specifically, has broached the subject of shorter seasons a few times at cons.  I have no idea whether they're actively negotiating for that, but it has been brought up more than once.  But he's also on record just a few cons ago of actively soliciting for the fans to start making noise about a season 14, so I honestly have no idea what's in their heads.  They've said they've agreed on an ending, but they aren't really saying when.  It's all speculation at this point.  

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Yes the boys never out and out said they are trying to get shorter seasons--that is just fan misreading and fan telephone.  And also as someone mentioned the falsehood that keeps going in some quarters--that the ratings are going poorly.  The opposite is the case--almost all shows go down year to year AND SPN is doing better than almost all the CW shows in that regard this last year.  The ratings are fine.

Yes they actually did say that they were negotiating for shorter seasons.  I will try to find the conventions where it was talked about.   300 is midseason 14.  I don't think they want  to go any further than that next year.  But they were open to doing more seasons if they were 4-6 episodes long.  Jared had just done the GG netflix series and he was pitching that idea to fans.  

SPN came in 5th in the ratings for CW shows.  It's true that all network shows are down in ratings and SPN lost the least amount of viewers percentage wise.  That being said WWS isn't going to be a juggernaut for the network  with viewership waning for the mothership.  There are other shows being considered that will target the CW market of 20-30 year olds.  Supernatural is an aging show with less and less viewers and considering it is one of the most expensive shows on the network to produce it's future is definitely not set in stone.

36 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Jared said at Houston Con this year that he would be okay with a 4-6 episode season. That's a fact.  The speculation about negotiations is from the those comments. No one made that up.

7 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Yes they actually did say that they were negotiating for shorter seasons.

I don't know if they said they were negotiating for it, but they said they would be okay with it.

10 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Supernatural is an aging show with less and less viewers and considering it is one of the most expensive shows on the network to produce it's future is definitely not set in stone.

Pedowitz backs the show and says it can go as long as the boys want to do it which helps. They are 5th after all 4 DC shows. That's a pretty good spot for them even as an aging show. Like I said before if the ratings fall to an average or 5 or even 4, that might give Pedowitz pause for thought.

44 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Jared said at Houston Con this year that he would be okay with a 4-6 episode season. That's a fact.  The speculation about negotiations is from the those comments. No one made that up.

I don't know if they said they were negotiating for it, but they said they would be okay with it.

Yes my point was they are not saying that what they want or are negotiating for--that's over reacting fan wank.

51 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Yes they actually did say that they were negotiating for shorter seasons.  I will try to find the conventions where it was talked about.   300 is midseason 14.  I don't think they want  to go any further than that next year.  But they were open to doing more seasons if they were 4-6 episodes long.  Jared had just done the GG netflix series and he was pitching that idea to fans.  

SPN came in 5th in the ratings for CW shows.  It's true that all network shows are down in ratings and SPN lost the least amount of viewers percentage wise.  That being said WWS isn't going to be a juggernaut for the network  with viewership waning for the mothership.  There are other shows being considered that will target the CW market of 20-30 year olds.  Supernatural is an aging show with less and less viewers and considering it is one of the most expensive shows on the network to produce it's future is definitely not set in stone.

SPN is fine--it ended up third in the rating for season finales...it's in no danger of being cancelled and a small cast and modest production doesn't make it too expensive at all even at this late date--season 14 is guaranteed.  They never said they are negotiating for shorter seasons--just that that's ok.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Yes my point was they are saying that what they want or are negotiating for--that over reacting fan wank.

I'm sorry. I must not be understanding what you're saying here. You said 

1 hour ago, Jakes said:

Yes the boys never out and out said they are trying to get shorter seasons--that is just fan misreading and fan telephone. 

At Houscon this year, Jared did say verbatim they would be cool with shorter seasons..They've talked about wanting to get to at least 300 episodes. They could go longer or they might not. IMO, him bringing up shorter seasons to fans, is planting the idea in fans minds that this might be a possibility in the future. They don't drop that at a con without a reason. They would just keep going with the "How long should we go" game.  IMO, length of seasons may be important to them upon negotiating the next contract. 

And back in Sept 2016 in the big EW article this was said.

http://ew.com/article/2016/09/06/supernatural-jensen-ackles-jared-padalecki-show-ending/

But the key to living such a long life — besides coming back from the dead, of course — is never looking too far down the line. For Ackles and Padalecki, their focus is on the next milestone: hitting 300 episodes. “In a marathon, I keep my sights on that next mile, wherever that might be,” Ackles says. “And 300’s a good number to work for.”

Episode 300 would take the show 13 episodes into season 14, or all the way through season 14 if they did a shortened season, something Ackles and executive producer Bob Singer have talked about as a potential option. “We talked about wanting to be able to know when our end was, and if it was to be, let’s say, 300 episodes, we could tell a 13-episode story,” Singer says. “I think it would be bad for this show to just ride off in the sunset without a finale. I think we’ve earned that. I don’t know what that finale is, but we’d certainly like to do one.”

However, Ackles and Padalecki don’t want to get too ahead of themselves. If Sam and Dean have taught them anything, it’s that Death can be lurking around every corner (and he’s usually eating pizza). “If we don’t make it to 300, I think Ackles and I will both be truly bummed,” Padalecki says. “When we get to 300, I think Ackles and I will think it might be time to say bye. There’s a chance that changes, but we certainly do not take it for granted that we’re going to make it to 300.”

Based on the EW comments, J2 asking fans about pushing for a s14 renewal, and Jared saying he's okay with shorter seasons, I can understand why there is speculation that season length could be a factor in their negotations.

IMO, speculation about contracts is really no different than speculating about plotlines for upcoming seasons based on the information gleaned from cons, and spoilers. I don't see either one amounting to "overreacting wank".

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Yes my point was they are not saying that what they want or are negotiating for--that's over reacting fan wank.

SPN is fine--it ended up third in the rating for season finales...it's in no danger of being cancelled and a small cast and modest production doesn't make it too expensive at all even at this late date--season 14 is guaranteed.  They never said they are negotiating for shorter seasons--just that that's ok.

It might be a small cast, but that doesn't mean that it's cheap. In fact SN is probably one of the most expensive CW shows in terms of cast. J2 are currently earning $175,000 per episode each. Then there's the (much smaller im sure) salaries of Misha, Mark Pellegrino and Alexander Calvert to consider. While the lead of Arrow (the secondest oldest show on the network) earns 50,000 per episode. Between them, J2 cost roughly the same as seven leads on another show.  

On 9/2/2017 at 9:37 AM, catrox14 said:

I liked that part. I thought it was quirky and funny, and I thought the music used with the intro was perfect for the gag reel but they didn't use it again which was weird. IMO, the editing of the gag reel was choppy and IMO, lacked the charm of all the other gag reels even s11. Or at least what made it online came across that way.

I did like that they used the music from Ask Jeeves. I thought it was appropriate. I still remember the songs they played when they showed cast and crew, like Swank's "I Shook the Devil's Hand", "Shoot at the Devil",  and "Drunkard's Damnation Jamboree" in previous gag reels. Those are fun songs and they fit with the show and were perfect for the gag reel.  But man, my eye twitched when they used that awful music from the awful Rock Never Dies episode, save the boys in leather jackets, snarky Cas, and Rick Springfield.  It was so bad I keep thinking it was purposefully bad and some kind of inside joke that I didn't get and didn't find funny.

I wish they wouldn't waste so much space on the boys making faces and dancing around unless it's Jensen in short shorts cause that was worth it. Otherwise, meh.

That said, I did laugh at many of the outtakes, like Jared and Jensen with "Charlie the Unicorn" bit. "Show us the waaaaay". For reference, it's the best worst animation I've ever seen. LOL It's so bad it's good. I want them to hunt a Liaplueradon and ride unicorns to find it.** I always feel bad for how much Jared fucks with Misha but it's funny.

But overall, it was pretty meh, IMO

SIDEBAR: LOL I swear, if I didn't know better I would swear that Lolz and Roffle, the pink and blue unicorns, are Sam, and Dean with the amulet, especially with Charlie's line of "Great, now go away, I'm tired of the horrible things that happen you're around". LOLOLOL

IDK it reminded me too much of the whole 70's 80's British theme they had all season.  With the cheesy score in most episodes and the Austin Powers/Hogwarts dastardly villains.  

IDK it reminded me too much of the whole 70's 80's British theme they had all season.  With the cheesy score in most episodes and the Austin Powers/Hogwarts dastardly villains.  

Ah. I didn't make that connection at all. I guess to me, Monty Python is the anti-thesis of the BMOL and that stereotype.

• Love 1

About Gag Reel and Mark Sheppard.

This is simply my opinion and I'm not stating anything but I think there was a bic conflict behind the scenes.  There was a tweet from Jensen or Jared I can't remember exactly that was saying something like: there'n no room for ego on the set.  Do youremember it? Now, there's NO Mark at all in the gag reel. There has been NO mention of him at all from the cast since he left the show.  

I think it's all very suspicious. 

7 hours ago, DeansDorkyAngel said:

I think it's all very suspicious.

Mark has been appearing at Supernatural conventions and explaining his reasons.  

I do get the impression Mark can be difficult.  But I don't get the impression he had a falling out with anyone involved with the show.  He's explained it several times.... stick a fork in Crowley - he's done.  Mark's a respected actor, he'll never play lead... but he'll always get roles.

I thank him for giving us the very entertaining Crowley.  I just wish the King of Hell had been provided a more lavish and impressive exit scene worthy of his status.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Mark has been appearing at Supernatural conventions and explaining his reasons.  

I do get the impression Mark can be difficult.  But I don't get the impression he had a falling out with anyone involved with the show.  He's explained it several times.... stick a fork in Crowley - he's done.  Mark's a respected actor, he'll never play lead... but he'll always get roles.

I thank him for giving us the very entertaining Crowley.  I just wish the King of Hell had been provided a more lavish and impressive exit scene worthy of his status.

The thing is, I think he did get a worthy exit scene. He got a measure of redemption, he was smart and snarky, Crowley style, he got the ultimate revenge on his nemesis. The problem is they kept the cameras rolling and immediately overshadowed it by killing Castiel and having the boys' mother disappear before their eyes. It was a complete insult to the character, the actor and his fans. Then they doubled down by completely ignoring his departure, save a lukewarm, wishy-washy tweet from a co-executive producer. Pretty shoddy treatment of one of their best actors and certainly one of the more popular characters. For me it's just another black mark against this current regime - and it throws a pall over the 'legendary' friendly and family-like production.

• Love 13