Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

Mark S. is scheduled to be at the Armageddon Expo-Wellington, New Zealand, starting tomorrow. June 3rd thru 5th. Anyone on this forum able to be there or have access to anyone who will be there? 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

He runs the website TheChive which is a humor/hot chicks site geared towards the 18-34 male demo. 

Oh. Oy. Well hopefully it's the wives who are friends and the guys hang out by default. *g*  (I'm still not over the Ps being best buds with the Duck folks.)

18 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

So if Mark and Misha were ever at odds,it seems to have passed given Mark liked  Misha's Instagram post.

And there's another with Mark S. liking a post imploring Creation to add Mark P to the NOLA con. I honestly don't (and never have) believe there is any animosity between the actors, but I'm convinced Mark did not leave SPN happily.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Oh. Oy. Well hopefully it's the wives who are friends and the guys hang out by default. *g*  (I'm still not over the Ps being best buds with the Duck folks.)

I tend to think it's probably a business dinner given Jared owns a bar and Jensen is opening the brewery, I'll bet they are working to get both promoted on his websites. Which is pretty smart. They don't have to be besties. That's my head!canon anyway.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

And there's another with Mark S. liking a post imploring Creation to add Mark P to the NOLA con. I honestly don't (and never have) believe there is any animosity between the actors, but I'm convinced Mark did not leave SPN happily.

Same. I never thought it was a falling out between actors. IMO that was ugly rumor mongering from Misha haters who will find any and all reasons to blame him for anything they don't like about the show.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Holy shit. Mark is not holding back. I have only seen this person tweeting but damn if this is true, Salt and burn. And salt and burn again.

DAMN!!! Yep. Mark feels the same way we do. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Holy shit. Mark is not holding back

To be honest I think he is embarrassing himself. Characters get written out of shows all the time. It's part of the business. So if you start biting the hand that feeds you like this the offers will soon dry up. He is clearly very angry but he needs to grow up.

He has a point about the writers, but if he had acted like a grown up (as have Osric, Felicia, Richard, Tim O and all the other actors whose characters have been killed off (often stupidly & pointlessly!)) instead of a bitter baby he could stay on good terms with everyone, keep making £ from the con circuit etc. This way he's just going to get ostracised by the fandom. 

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

To be honest I think he is embarrassing himself. Characters get written out of shows all the time. It's part of the business. So if you start biting the hand that feeds you like this the offers will soon dry up. He is clearly very angry but he needs to grow up.

He has a point about the writers, but if he had acted like a grown up (as have Osric, Felicia, Richard, Tim O and all the other actors whose characters have been killed off (often stupidly & pointlessly!)) instead of a bitter baby he could stay on good terms with everyone, keep making £ from the con circuit etc. This way he's just going to get ostracised by the fandom. 

Well, this fan is not going to ostracize him. Mark Sheppard had a career long before SPN and he'll have a career after it. I don't think he's embarrassing himself or anyone. Maybe it will take someone with the resume and the cajones that he has to slap the showrunners and writers publicly to get their shit together. Let's not forget that Jensen said killing Charlie was bad as well. Was he embarrassing himself? I don't think so.

ETA: He's already not going to do creation cons. I see no reason for him to be on bad terms with the actors either just because he has creative differences with the writers and showrunners of SPN.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Well, this fan is not going to ostracize him. Mark Sheppard had a career long before SPN and he'll have a career after it. I don't think he's embarrassing himself or anyone. Maybe it will take someone with the resume and the cajones that he has to slap the showrunners and writers publicly to get their shit together. Let's not forget that Jensen said killing Charlie was bad as well. Was he embarrassing himself? I don't think so.

ETA: He's already not going to do creation cons. I see no reason for him to be on bad terms with the actors either just because he has creative differences with the writers and showrunners of SPN.

This definitely!

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'd say it's pretty safe to say whatever went down it wasnt a Mark VS Misha thing. Considering his remark about the writers I really don't think he'd be holding back if it was, and he certainly wouldn't have complimented Misha like that.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Res said:

This definitely!

Me three. And Mark wasn't a sometimes-guest-star, he was one of four regular cast members.  I'm personally glad to see him call out the crap plotting. They clearly don't give a crap about fan opinion  if your name doesn't end in asm or iki. Maybe this will get their attention.  

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Me three. And Mark wasn't a sometimes-guest-star, he was one of four regular cast members.  I'm personally glad to see him call out the crap plotting. They clearly don't give a crap about fan opinion  if your name doesn't end in asm or iki. Maybe this will get their attention.  

I'm feeling dumb! I'm going to blame the fact it's nearly 4am here. Whose name ends in Asm or Iki?

Feel free to PM if you don't want to say publicly. I'm just curious / feeling silly for not getting it LOL 

1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

I'm feeling dumb! I'm going to blame the fact it's nearly 4am here. Whose name ends in Asm or Iki?

Feel free to PM if you don't want to say publicly. I'm just curious / feeling silly for not getting it LOL 

Fangasm and superwiki I think.

(edited)

It's not surprising to hear that Mark wasn't happy with the writing...he certainly isn't alone.  I guess we can assume now that leaving was not his choice.  I wonder just what Jensen and Jared think about all of this?  I don't think they're the types to really rock the boat too much, but I would be very surprised to learn that either of them are happy with the writing of the last few seasons.  We know they held an emergency meeting to try to fix the final episodes last season.   I wonder if anything similar happened this year, or whether they've given up and are planning to just ride it out to the end.  It makes me sad.

Edited by MysteryGuest
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

I believe they were referring to Fangasm and Supernaturalwiki.

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Personally, I'm a bit disappointed in Sheppard and I love the guy. I've been trying to keep an a positive face on it all, but this feels like wallowing in the mud at this point. Which, can have its entertainment value, but when it's over, generally just leaves everyone feeling icky. Most likely it will only get the attention of people who are looking for misery's company, but I'm guessing TPTB will just chalk it up to sour grapes and move on. 

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 4
Just now, MysteryGuest said:

It's not surprising to hear that Mark wasn't happy with the writing...he certainly isn't alone.  I guess we can assume now that leaving was not his choice.  I wonder just what Jensen and Jared think about all of this?  I don't think they're the types to really rock the boat too much, but I would be very surprised to learn that either of them are happy with the writing of the last few seasons.  We know they held an emergency meeting to try to fix the final episodes last season.   I wonder if anything similar happened this year, or whether they've just given up and are planning to just ride it out to the end.  It makes me sad.

J2 have expressed their issues with the writing in the past. Jared about s8 and Jensen about Purgatory, demon!Dean, Charlie's death, not understanding the point of the Amara SL. J2M2 all spoke about the mess that was the last few episodes of s11. So I think they only difference IMO is that J2 are more diplomatic in their criticisms.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 02/06/2017 at 6:22 PM, catrox14 said:

Same. I never thought it was a falling out between actors. IMO that was ugly rumor mongering from Misha haters who will find any and all reasons to blame him for anything they don't like about the show.

Of course it is all Misha's fault! Didn't you know he is the anti-Christ of SN, the one destined to bring the show to ruination? The only reason he is still around is the fact he has a massive folder containing blackmail material on J2 and the show runners! Obviously Mark decided to cut his losses and escape that psycho. 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

Of course it is all Misha's fault! Didn't you know he is the anti-Christ of SN, the one destined to bring the show to ruination? The only reason he is still around is the fact he has a massive folder containing blackmail material on J2 and the show runners! 

Well, now it all makes sense!!

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

J2 have expressed their issues with the writing in the past. Jared about s8 and Jensen about Purgatory, demon!Dean, Charlie's death, not understanding the point of the Amara SL. J2M2 all spoke about the mess that was the last few episodes of s11. So I think they only difference IMO is that J2 are more diplomatic in their criticisms.

I know they've made comments at cons, but I wonder if they really go to the show runners all that often with complaints or suggestions.  I'm not sure it would make an difference if they did.  It's just that we've really only ever heard of how wonderful it is to work on this show, so now hearing some of this is tarnishing that image just a bit.  It's too bad.  

10 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Of course it is all Misha's fault! Didn't you know he is the anti-Christ of SN, the one destined to bring the show to ruination? The only reason he is still around is the fact he has a massive folder containing blackmail material on J2 and the show runners! Obviously Mark decided to cut his losses and escape that psycho.

Well, it's Misha's fault, or it's Jensen's giant ego, or Jared's issues...blah, blah, blah.  It all depends on which faction you listen to.  Surprisingly, Mark is the only one I've never really seen too much negativity about.  Of course, that's because he's not part of the J2 romance fan club, or the Cockles fan club.  

Edited by MysteryGuest
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, MysteryGuest said:

I know they've made comments at cons, but I wonder if they really go to the show runners all that often with complaints or suggestions.  I'm not sure it would make an difference if they did.  It's just that we've really only ever heard of how wonderful it is to work on this show, so now hearing some of this is tarnishing that image just a bit.  It's too bad.  

We've heard about how wonderful the set, how supportive the set and cast are, but I don't think that necessarily means that being unhappy with the writing means that everything else is bad.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

We've heard about how wonderful the set, how supportive the set and cast are, but I don't think that necessarily means that being unhappy with the writing means that everything else is bad.

No, you're right.  I'm sure they still have fun on set.  I'm not really sure why this is bothering me as much as it is. I'm guessing it's partly because I'm not much of a fan of Dabb and Co. to begin with, and this puts them in a pretty negative light, IMO.  But I'm probably predisposed to feel that way.  As with most things in life, there are multiple sides to every story.

I'm just curious about the bitterness that's so apparent in Mark's comments.  Actors are killed off in shows all the time (other than the leads, of course...) and SPN has a higher-than-average mortality rate for everyone other than Sam & Dean, so I think there must have been something else going on in the background that he's angry about.  Otherwise, it seems a bit unprofessional to be complaining to everyone in public about how badly he (or even his character) was treated.  After all, if he just wanted to complain about the quality of writing, I think the last few years (as other have noted, most specifically the dog-collar/licking-floor scenes) would have been the time to kick up a fuss.  

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I'm just curious about the bitterness that's so apparent in Mark's comments.  Actors are killed off in shows all the time (other than the leads, of course...) and SPN has a higher-than-average mortality rate for everyone other than Sam & Dean, so I think there must have been something else going on in the background that he's angry about.  Otherwise, it seems a bit unprofessional to be complaining to everyone in public about how badly he (or even his character) was treated.  After all, if he just wanted to complain about the quality of writing, I think the last few years (as other have noted, most specifically the dog-collar/licking-floor scenes) would have been the time to kick up a fuss.  

That's why I find it disappointing. Yes, the writing has been less than fantastic for years now, but that's why you gracefully bow out rather than keep coming back for more. Talking trash about it only after you've been asked to leave only makes you look foolish in the end.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

That's why I find it disappointing. Yes, the writing has been less than fantastic for years now, but that's why you gracefully bow out rather than keep coming back for more. Talking trash about it only after you've been asked to leave only makes you look foolish in the end.

That's why I think (or hope?) there was something more behind it.  "Talking trash" after the fact will get you sympathy from fans (at least those who agree with you) but IMO looks very unprofessional to others in the business, and I got the impression that MS is normally a consummate professional.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

That's why I think (or hope?) there was something more behind it.  "Talking trash" after the fact will get you sympathy from fans (at least those who agree with you) but IMO looks very unprofessional to others in the business, and I got the impression that MS is normally a consummate professional.  

Yeah, I never thought I'd ever see the day I'd be saying Mark Sheppard wasn't being professional. Even if there is something more behind it, while I might sympathize with him more, I'd still find it unprofessional. There are classy ways to burn your bridges. This feels more like smoke than fire, to me.

• Love 2
(edited)
23 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Yeah, I never thought I'd ever see the day I'd be saying Mark Sheppard wasn't being professional. Even if there is something more behind it, while I might sympathize with him more, I'd still find it unprofessional. There are classy ways to burn your bridges. This feels more like smoke than fire, to me.

The only thing I can think of would be if there were some political machinations going on BTS that the cast and crew (and probably other important players in the business) know but can't talk about for various reasons, and Mark wanted to let the fans know that he was being forced out, and that he still liked the character and the fans.  He isn't actually trash-talking anyone in particular, just showing his bitterness.   Without knowing details, though, it does come across as a bit petty, and I  would have liked/expected a classier exit from him.  It does show cracks in the "one big happy family" image the show has always pushed, and leaves a sour taste in my mouth.  

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

I really don't think it's bitterness though. He's talking about what he thinks was lazy and illogical writing for his character. Jared and Jensen have both said at times when they were disappointed with abrupt SL endings or what they thought was not really working. I don't see this as being much different other than he's not mincing words.  Maybe Mark did kick up a fuss and that's why he was written out so how he's like fuck it.

Gotta say, if I was asked to crawl on my hands and knees and lick the floor, and later hop around on one foot, I'd be pretty darn critical of the writing of my character too. He`s not calling them assholes (which I would be doing), he said (reportedly) that they didn`t know what to do with his character any more, and his story line didn`t make sense to him.

• Love 4

I find it refreshing. If anyone doesn`t deserve to be coddled and have their asses kissed just to preserve some fake Pollyanish version of "no problems ever" on this show, it`s the current PTB. So by all means, Mark, drag them for all you are worth. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

really don't think it's bitterness though.

Really? Because that's EXACTLY how it sounds. Rowena was introduced ages ago. He didn't seem to have a problem with it. The writers ran out of ideas for Crowley (and Cas IMO) years ago. Did he leave? No. He only starts complaining when the writers decisions lose him his job. 

The analogies people are making with e.g. Js having very politely and tactfully expressed reservations about the writing are not valid. They do that because they want the show to be as good as it can be. But it's not blatently self interested and motivated by sour grapes. 

Sorry but Mark has gone down a lot in my estimations over this. Regardless of whether he actually has a point, it's not gracious or mature to react to it as he has.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I find it refreshing. If anyone doesn`t deserve to be coddled and have their asses kissed just to preserve some fake Pollyanish version of "no problems ever" on this show, it`s the current PTB. So by all means, Mark, drag them for all you are worth.

It's not that he's speaking his mind that makes me disappointed. It just feels somewhat dishonest to me because he has previously said he loved the writing for the show. It feels like now he's mad and going to burn the whole house down out of spite. 

However, Mark is a well known as incredibly professional and wonderful to work with. This doesn't look professional nor like someone easy to work with. I more worry it might give someone pause to hiring him in the future? It's not like his "honesty" now is going to change anything on the show. It's more likely TPTB aren't going to pay him any mind, while with the fans, he's just preaching to the choir.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 3

I more worry it might give someone pause to hiring him in the future?

I think his career will be just fine. If he`d done this with some big name producer/showrunner, I could see it as a risk but frankly not with the SPN folk.

Though I agree they will just ignore it and carry on as always. It`s them who couldn`t get any lower in my estimation, not Mark.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Agree. 

Mark pointed out several of the issues I had with the writing this season.  There were several characters this season I felt like Dabb had no idea what to do with or wasn't really interested in, but that's probably more on topic in the writers thread.

• Love 4

I can see both sides! On the one hand, I think Mark has the right to complain. Just look at posters on here! Some are complaining about a lack of brother bond in recent seasons, others like myself are complaining about the atrocious way they wrote Cas in the second half of the season, others are complaining about a downplay of Dean's abilities and role on the show. If we all have the right to make such complaints then surely Mark has the right to complain about the writing for his character. 

On the other hand, for his own sake I think Mark may want to tone it down! He may be a talented actor, but he could still close future doors if he's not careful. No one is going to want to hire someone who has a reputation for badmouthing their former bosses.

• Love 2

I don't know, the more I hear, the less concerned I actually am.  I think the actors have shown in the past that they don't agree with management's decisions (Charlie's death), and they did that in a pretty public way at a convention.  Jensen finally tried to toe the party line at the end, but you could absolutely tell he didn't mean it.  I think this is just more of the same.  

Mark was a season regular, not just some guest star, so I can see why he'd expect to be treated a little differently.  He says he knew he was going to die, but I can't tell if they actually told him upfront, or not.  I'm sure they gave him the typical "no one ever dies on Supernatural" spiel, but he's not interested.  And like Aeryn13 said, the show runners shouldn't be coddled.  They're responsible for what happens with this show, and they need to do a better job than they have been, whether Crowley's on the show anymore, or not.  They should take some heat for the way things went down.

• Love 8