Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Oh no. Poor Westy. Trying to be a good helper and breaking the car. LOL Poor Misha. What bad day

I know! One thing would be bad enough but lice, foot and mouth and a broken car is a very bad day.

• Love 1

Hopefully, this is the right thread for this news.

I got into watching reaction videos on YouTube, ones based on TV shows that I am a fan of.  It seems like everyone has jumped on the bandwagon - there are hundreds of vids online minutes after popular shows have aired.  Many are good, many are bad.  This is a heads up to a group that has just started reactions to Supernatural.  I watched and liked BlindWave's Game of Thrones reviews, so I'm excited to see what they do with SPN. They just dropped S1 EPs 1 and 2.  

If interested, search for Blindwave on YouTube.

http://tvline.com/2016/07/05/the-cw-netflix-streaming-full-season-eight-days-after-finale/

Next year, you’ll be able to binge-watch the whole season of Arrow just over a week after the premiere of its finale.

In sealing with The CW a new multi-year content licensing deal, Netflix hasn’t just secured the continued exclusive right to stream previous seasons of the network’s fare, it’s made provisions to stream full seasons of CW series starting only eight days after each of their finales air.

The new agreement includes not only The CW’s current lineup but also any series produced over the course of the pact, which starts with the recently-wrapped 2015-16 broadcast season. In other words, the contract covers freshman offerings Frequency, No Tomorrow and Riverdale, as well as the newly inherited Supergirl.

The eight-days-after-the-finale clause kicks in with the 2016-17 broadcast season. Also of note: Per recent reports, CWTV.com will now be only place to catch in-season episodes of CW programs. (Adios, Hulu.)

“Since the initial landmark deal in 2011, The CW’s programming has enjoyed… increased exposure through Netflix,” said network president Mark Pedowitz in a statement. “The CW has positioned itself for the future by [remaining] rooted in broadcast while fully embracing the digital and streaming habits of the viewers.”

• Love 2

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/netflix-cw-streaming-licensing-deal-1201808624/

The CW and Netflix have confirmed a new multi-year output pact that significantly accelerates the availability of CW scripted series on the streaming giant.

As Variety first reported, the new deal calls for CW shows to become available to Netflix eight days after each program’s season finale, starting with the upcoming 2016-17 season.

Shows included in the deal include the three new shows on the CW’s 2016-2017 primetime schedule: “Frequency,” “No Tomorrow” and “Riverdale,” as well as DC series “Legends of Tomorrow,” “Supergirl,” “The Flash” and “Arrow,” critically-acclaimed comedies “Jane the Virgin” and “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend” and existing favorites including “Supernatural,” “The 100” and “The Vampire Diaries.”

“Netflix members in the U.S. love the great lineup of series from the CW, and we are thrilled to extend the relationship and bring those shows to our members exclusively now, just eight days after their season finales,” said Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos. “This is a great step forward with a valued network partner to give fans exactly what they want, when and how they want it.”

“Since the initial landmark deal in 2011, the CW’s programming has enjoyed tremendous success and increased exposure through Netflix, and our new agreement not only continues but enhances this valuable relationship,” said CW president Mark Pedowitz. “The CW has positioned itself for the future by transforming into a true hybrid network, rooted in broadcast while fully embracing the digital and streaming habits of the viewers.”

“We are pleased to extend our valued partnership with Netflix for CW programming with more CBS-produced series, led by award-winning and critically acclaimed ‘Jane the Virgin’ and ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend,'”said Scott Koondel, exec VP and chief corporate content licensing officer of CBS Corp. “This multi-year agreement recognizes the value of our content and it validates the marketplace’s confidence in our studio’s long-term ability to produce high-quality content. This unique windowing will further extend the CW brand and fan base throughout the television season while providing better in-season exclusivity for our broadcast affiliates, MVPD partners and potential OTT opportunities. We look forward to continued success with Netflix on this partnership well into the future.”

“For the past several years, the distinctive, high-quality shows we have been producing for The CW have proven their popularity across linear, on demand and digital properties here and around the world,” said Jeffrey Schlesinger, president of Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Distribution. “This new deal will provide consumers enhanced access to compatible programs like ‘Supergirl’ and DC’s ‘Legends of Tomorrow,’ while increasing the value of both in-season rights on The CW and prior seasons on Netflix.”

This one specifically says Supernatural, the other didn't.

Interesting why one mentioned SPN and the other didn't. 

On to promos for s12 ( and gods bless TippiTV)

http://tippitv.tumblr.com/post/146949136202/placing-bets-on-superantural-s12-promo-pics

Placing bets on Superantural S12 Promo pics

Will there be new ones, or will the crack Photoshop team at the CW just skillfully doctor up some old pictures?

tumblr_inline_o9un9afsh41scfcbp_540.jpg

tippitv

Man, I should have put Big Ben or something back there to set it in England.

Well, don’t make the same mistake I did, crack CW team

• Love 2

Supposedly J2 was at Universal Studios this morning but they were there early and leaving by noon. No idea if this is true but I thought it was interesting.  She doesn't seem to have a lot of tweets about SPN or the cast so I'm not sure why she would make this up.

(edited)

I thought this was a new article, it's a re-purposed from 2014 and not even updated. LOL weaksauce EW.

Edited by catrox14
Deleting because this is a two year old article that EW is repurposing
15 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I thought this was a new article, it's a re-purposed from 2014 and not even updated. LOL weaksauce EW.

I always want to know what their criteria for "best" is...While I don't hold a lot of animosity about Swan Song as others do, I wouldn't place at No. 1, might not even make the list. And I do love The French Mistake, but I wouldn't say it's one of their best episodes. Who is doing the choosing here? ;)

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I always want to know what their criteria for "best" is...While I don't hold a lot of animosity about Swan Song as others do, I wouldn't place at No. 1, might not even make the list. And I do love The French Mistake, but I wouldn't say it's one of their best episodes. Who is doing the choosing here? ;)

Right? And the complete absence of "What Is and What Should Never Be" kind of invalidates the whole thing, IMO.

Edited by catrox14
Tweet in wrong thread
  • Love 1

I agree that should've been on there for sure. Way too much season 9 on the list for me. And no "It's a Very Supernatural Christmas," "Faith," 'Weekend At Bobby's," or "Slash Fiction." (I would've liked "Time After Time..." also, but apparently the list authors did not like season 7 at all.)

However, based on the comments, if the fans commenting on the thread there had their way, "Yellow Fever" - which I really dislike - would've been in the top 5 of the list, so that would've been even worse for me than this list, which actually had "The Man Who Knew Too Much" - a favorite of mine, but not a usual top pick.

Take out some of the too many season 9 eps, a few like "Sympathy For the Devil" and "Magnificent Seven" and add the ones I mentioned above and it might even be close to what my list would look like - at least in content, not order. I wasn't a fan of "Lucifer Rising" like they were and "Lazurus Rising" would similarly not be so high - I'd replace it with "Mystery Spot" which I thought deserved to be in the top 10 at least.

I have a feeling that my top 40 would likely be equally annoying to others - heh. And also difficult for me to make. You would think choosing a top 40 would be easy, but I think I would have to kick off quite a few favorites to even get it down to 40... which in a way says a lot about how much I love this show.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

I have a feeling that my top 40 would likely be equally annoying to others - heh. And also difficult for me to make. You would think choosing a top 40 would be easy, but I think I would have to kick off quite a few favorites to even get it down to 40... which in a way says a lot about how much I love this show.

Well then, lets do it! Aren't I a stinker? ;)

Moving to the Obsession thread...

(edited)

That's fantastic! YAY!!

At least they are as recent as s9. Thank goodness.

Thanks for bringing the photo over I'm boycotting KSite and all the other sites that guy runs. Won't give him my clicks if I can help it.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Their faces are focused but neutral. I can see 'Sam' in Jared but I'm struggling with 'Dean' in Jensen's expression. He's not angry or amused or any identifiable emotion. Don't get me wrong, great pic. But I can't put my finger on what it conveys. 

For some reason I keep hearing Martha Kent say she's super-pumped about Prom in my head when I see his roar-face.  

I think he's embracing the season and I must admit it's pretty nice to see.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Jensen changed his Facebook header and pic. He had Dean in Purgatory on it for the longest time. I wonder if the new header pic is the lake in Texas. Or is in Vancouver. I can't quite tell but it looks like someone is on a jet ski off in the distance.

And DAMN his profile pic is outstanding. My goodness.

https://www.facebook.com/JensenAckles/

13680596_10153540217221755_2469587252519

13692470_10153540224176755_6883103454511

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

So Misha is going to be on Supernatural's Official FB page all day. He's been giving away signed things from the Supernatural set, props, scripts, his favorite Angel Blade to folks that sign up for GISHWHES. Honestly, it kind of scares me. Like is this his last hurrah?

I also really wish this was a picture of Castiel and not Casifer. But CW PR and all that.

8 hours ago, catrox14 said:

So Misha is going to be on Supernatural's Official FB page all day. He's been giving away signed things from the Supernatural set, props, scripts, his favorite Angel Blade to folks that sign up for GISHWHES. Honestly, it kind of scares me. Like is this his last hurrah?

I also really wish this was a picture of Castiel and not Casifer. But CW PR and all that.

I suspect these were the prizes in his GishApocalypse on Tumblr that he truncated due to Orland shooting. 

6 minutes ago, SueB said:

suspect these were the prizes in his GishApocalypse on Tumblr that he truncated due to Orland shooting. 

That makes a lot of sense! Thanks, I'll back away from ledge. LOL.

And now Misha has truncated the FB livestream due to the Nice, France attack. This is just too much sadness.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, catrox14 said:

SDCC Nerd HQ Panels:

SUPERNATURAL: Jensen, Jared, Misha and Mark
July 24, 2016 3:00 PM

SUPERNATURAL: JARED PADALECKI
July 24, 2016 4:00 PM

Isn't this the panel where they gave out money last year?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

They gave out money the year before but that was a joke. Everyone gave the money back. LOL. Last year's panel was just Jensen, Jared and Mark. Misha had to go home to see his kids

Yeah, it was a joke but it was funny. I think one of them made the comment about how their panels would be popular once people found out they were giving out money. Was it Mark that started it?

The years start to blur together. I found a bunch of videos of the various panels once I started watching the show. Being unemployed has been a bit difficult and the videos were funny so I would watch them for laughs.

(edited)

I put this in the Other Roles thread but I think I'll put it here too. Kind of curious why they posted this today. The film was released July 27, 2010 so it's not technically an anniversary date. 

Jensen killed this scene.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1