Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Showrunner trolling his own fandom? Talk amongst yourselves.

Why do you see it as trolling? Isn’t it Dabb’s usual thing to post lyrics before an episode? I’m not arguing with you or anything I legit don’t get why you think he’s trolling?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Why do you see it as trolling? Isn’t it Dabb’s usual thing to post lyrics before an episode? I’m not arguing with you or anything I legit don’t get why you think he’s trolling?

In conjunction with the preview for the ep

Spoiler

in which Dean is drinking alone and looking all angsty with head phones on

and lyrics about someone crying and missing his girl? Seems a little trollish to me. Doubtful Dean & Sam or Jack think of their (presumed) dead mothers as 'Girl' I can't think of any other reference for the lyric.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Hide contents

and lyrics about someone crying and missing his girl? Seems a little trollish to me. Doubtful Dean & Sam or Jack think of their (presumed) dead mothers as 'Girl' I can't think of any other reference for the lyric.

Ah OK I get you now. Thanks for clarifying :)

4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I only hear that in the SNL verlempt lady's voice. LOL

That's who they were imitating - it just got so silly, so that's what sticks with me now. (Granted, the clip of them doing it I saw late at night when I should have been sleeping, so that probably made it extra funny.)

6 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's definitely a love song about romantic love and lovers as is "Nothing Else Matters". Neither are about maternal figures nor siblings. /puts on Destiel shipper hat: Conclusion is that it's a veiled reference to Dean missing Cas. I will also eat all the hats in the world if that was the intention.

I'm thinking maybe it's a reference to maybe Patience has a boyfriend or a girlfriend who is missing Patience?

Otherwise, if it's about mothers and daughters UM STOP IT DABB. LOL

3 minutes ago, garnetarden said:

That's who they were imitating - it just got so silly, so that's what sticks with me now. (Granted, the clip of them doing it I saw late at night when I should have been sleeping, so that probably made it extra funny.)

I know that's who they were imitating. I just can't take it out of Mike Myer's hands though LOL. Sorry, fellas!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, garnetarden said:

It was hilarious - and the audience was howling. Jensen started it and Jared ran with it, both doing stellar impressions of Coffee Talk.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Reveal hidden contents

I assume it's because the name of the song is "Patience," which is also the name of the episode and the character they're introducing tonight. Not to mention, what Sam and Dean are going through is going to require patience.

This is Dabb's pretty typical "quote-y" tweet before a new episode airs. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I assume it's because the name of the song is "Patience," which is also the name of the episode and the character they're introducing tonight. Not to mention, what Sam and Dean are going through is going to require patience.

This is Dabb's pretty typical "quote-y" tweet before a new episode airs. 

Still a strange choice of lyric as there are no lovers mourning their 'girl' in the episode. There is, however, a sad, angsty looking Dean, drinking alone and listening to music, in the clip they released minutes before his tweet.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Still a strange choice of lyric as there are no lovers mourning their 'girl' in the episode. There is, however, a sad, angsty looking Dean, drinking alone and listening to music, in the clip they released minutes before his tweet.

Guess it depends on how literal you want to get about it all? I mean, Shout isn't a gospel tune about how the power of God fills one up and makes them want to shout in joy, but that didn't stop Sister Act from using it that way. 

I think the lyric choice was simply due to Dabb wanting to use that particular song for the title, more than anything.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Guess it depends on how literal you want to get about it all? I mean, Shout isn't a gospel tune about how the power of God fills one up and makes them want to shout in joy, but that didn't stop Sister Act from using it that way. 

I think the lyric choice was simply due to Dabb wanting to use that particular song for the title, more than anything.

There are plenty of other lyrics in the song he could have chosen.

Just now, Wayward Son said:

Heh, im picturing an over dramatic diva tantrum. “This is my show! How dare you take away attention from me!” -huff- 

Sure. Cause that's totally the one thing we hear about Jensen all the time. That he's such a prima donna and he's given to temper fits...or not.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Sure. Cause that's totally the one thing we hear about Jensen all the time. That he's such a prima donna and he's given to temper fits...or not.

How the tweet comes across to me *shrug* . Obviously Pellegrino was going to promote his own character the same way Misha promotes Cas and J2 promote either their own character or both brothers. 

• Love 1
Just now, Wayward Son said:

How the tweet comes across to me *shrug* . Obviously Pellegrino was going to promote his own character the same way Misha promotes Cas and J2 promote either their own character or both brothers. 

I think it was just some poking at Pellegrino. But that's just me. I would pay money to see Jensen go off on someone about something. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Heh. I love Jensen cause this seems like a bit o shade. Hee

Salty Jensen is my favourite flavor Jensen. :)  He doesn't bother when people talk smack about him, but you best respect the Winchesters. FLOVE!

• Love 4

Okay, here we go. J2 taking the stage. And the crowd goes wild. LOL. Same outfits as this morning. Awesome air on the jump.

Jensen leading the Saints chants. He loves New Orleans.

Jared's first time in NOLA. He loves it, but it hates him, lol. Killed his phone. Fans found him in a bar, said he was dressed up like Sam Winchester. He said 'I am'. She was underwhelmed, lol.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2

Q: If you could have auditioned for any lead role...

Jared interrupted. You mean Sam or Dean?

Q: Or Cas

Jared: thought you said lead (laughter). Now they are ragging on Misha having the easiest job in television.

She qualified the question to what creature.

Jensen is stumped.. Vampire? nope been that. Demon? Nope, been that. Wendigo, then I'd be taller than this guy.

Jared: Shapeshifter, which leads to many  'shifted myself' jokes from JP.

Q: Dean doesn't like Jack. How does Jensen feel about  him/that?

Jensen:  Dean's in a bad place, grieving. Having knee-jerk reaction to reject him due to grief.

They are ahead of what we've seen so far, and they have answered some questions by then.

• Love 1

Q:  to Jensen, what was your state of mind while destroying the hotel room in 10x23

Jensen: giggles madly. Loved it, very cathartic. Talks about smashing the Impala with the crowbar in S2.

Had to film the hotel room scene to match the set decoration, it was fun because he made the picture on the wall tilt,  crew was impressed.

Q: Emotional scenes - do you have a trick to prepare.

Jared doesn't think of it as tricks. Said somebody  said he must be a good liar (as an actor). Jensen interjects that he (Jensen) is a terrible liar (ask his wife).

sorry - this site hates my tablet and it's tough keeping up.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1

they have different approaches - Jared reads over and over, Jensen reads it once the night before to be fresh. Jared thinks that is much like Sam and Dean's approach to things.

Question about Kim Manners.

Much love from Jensen. Could talk for weeks about him. He put them on the path to succeed and they have been honoring ever since.

Jared talks about how Kim remembered people he hadn't seen in 0 years, treated everyone well, no matter their position. Gave them the advice to enjoy it or don't do it (paraphrased).

• Love 2

Q: As actors/director, can they watch tv to unwind like 'we' do.

Jared: yes, appreciates or critiques as a peer, (goes on about techniques, Jensen rolls eyes), but loves it.

Jensen: it's still an escape, even though they create, he enjoys other shows. Loves Stranger Things.

Jensen is feisty today. Dragging the questioner on hesitating on her name.

Question is about therapy/mental health.

• Love 2

Jared: Feels responsible to make sure kids are okay. Jensen, most important lesson is to give love.

Jared: single best thing about being a celebrity is having gifs of yourself to send to your friends. GIF.JIF argument again. LOL!!

Jensen wants to know if GIFs get suggested due to use, because he thought Supernatural was just that popular, and everyone was using them.

• Love 2

Q: Do Jared & Jensen like classic rock.

Jensen has wide range of taste. 60's/70's rock. That's classic. Not today's classic  which is 90's, lol.

Just now, catrox14 said:

Jeez I thought those mental health questions were verboten now??

It was a little different, and since I can't quote it verbatim, I don't want to paraphrase.

• Love 1

How much of your personality  Sam/Deanm and vice versa.

Jared: everything

Jensen: dragging Jared for using indubitably in a sentence, lol

Jensen: less now than at the beginning, though does ask himself WWDD? LOL!

He doesEditorial: Jensen is very feisty today!!! I love it.

Sorry, my tablet is hateful. Takes forever to post. Missed one Q

Q: We know Dean's position on Jack changes. Does Sam's?

Jared: He sees himself in Jack's situation, hopes his optimism doesn't change.

Jensen: Makes joke about 'the old switcharoo'. Tells story about Singer, and his script notes. One script that was the entirety of his comments - the old switcheroo. Still doesn't know what it meant.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1

Q: Movie in future?

Maybe. Jared likes tv storytelling better. Wouldn't use foul language even if the could. Jensen smirks. Jared says 'he' knows words longer than four letters.

Last question:

Scene with Dean and Mary where she sees the Impala again for first time.

Jensen: Scene took on a life of its own. Phil Scriggia's idea - not scripted. They both loved it.

Sorry if I messed up - it's hard! It was a fun panel - hope there is vid soon.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Q: Movie in future?

Maybe. Jared likes tv storytelling better. Wouldn't use foul language even if the could. Jensen smirks. Jared says 'he' knows words longer than four letters.

Last question:

Scene with Dean and Mary where she sees the Impala again for first time.

Jensen: Scene took on a life of its own. Phil Scriggia's idea - not scripted. They both loved it.

Sorry if I messed up - it's hard! It was a fun panel - hope there is vid soon.

Thank you for posting these tidbits!

• Love 3