Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

I think we are seeing the real Jensen.  I tend to think he loves music as much as he loves acting.  One thing I noticed when Jensen first started was how tenative he was at the beginning of the song. 

With Sister Christian he started mostly by standing in one spot but then as he got into the song he seemed to relax and put himself out there a bit more.  Same with the Impromptu songs at TorCon.  The first one was very hesitant , but he was belting out Wild Mountain Thyme at the end.

I think the music and the emotion of the song just overtakes him and it comes out,.  Whether its a slower ballad like Brother, or more of a show like Whipping Post. 

I think it's Jensen's personality either way. 

• Love 2

I think we all let different facets of our personality out according to different situations - work, play, family.  They as practised actors would perhaps do it in a more "polished" way than the rest of us.  It's just a question of adjusting yourself to your audience.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

I don't know why but Sky Rockets in Flight cracks me up.  It is such a funny tee shirt  choice for such a rockin' Rock Star performance.

::snort:: Are you saying "Afternoon Delight" is not rockin'?  ;)

• Love 4

I don't know why but Sky Rockets in Flight cracks me up.  It is such a funny tee shirt  choice for such a rockin' Rock Star performance.

LOL! My first though on seeing it was, oh look, Jensen is wearing Rob's tee shirt. I could swear we've seen him wearing this before, or something very much like it. It seems like a Rob kinda thing. :)

34 minutes ago, ukgirl71 said:

I think we all let different facets of our personality out according to different situations - work, play, family.  They as practised actors would perhaps do it in a more "polished" way than the rest of us.  It's just a question of adjusting yourself to your audience.

This, precisely. And I think singing, most of all, requires a performance. I think there's a distinction between performing and putting on a gameface.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
before and between - not the same words
  • Love 1

I'm guessing it'll be a pretty small part in whatever this movie is, if he only filmed for one day.  Still, exposure is exposure.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's a comedy.  Someone seems to be obsessed with his genitals...

• Love 1

EXCLUSIVE: Kevin Dillon, Dax Shepard, Olivia Munn, James Roday, and Dan Bakkedahl are set to join Josh Duhamel, Nick Swardson and WWE ring star Sheamus in The Buddy Games, the WWE Studios film on which Duhamel makes his directorial debut. Duhamel, who last was seen in Transformers: The Last Knight, wrote the script with Jude Weng and Bob Schwartz. Shooting is about to get underway in Vancouver. Duhamel produces with Weng and Michael Luisi.

The film revolves around a group of thirtysomething friends who reunite to play the Buddy Game — a wild assortment of absurd physical and mental challenges. In the process, they heal old wounds, right past wrongs and figure out the true meaning of friendship — or die trying.

http://deadline.com/2017/08/buddy-games-kevin-dillon-dax-shepard-olivia-munn-james-roday-dan-bakkedahl-join-cast-1202143921/

Since it's filming in Vancouver, it seems likely that Jensen just popped in for a cameo.  

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I'm guessing it'll be a pretty small part in whatever this movie is, if he only filmed for one day.  Still, exposure is exposure.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's a comedy.  Someone seems to be obsessed with his genitals...

Yeah, here's an article about the move: http://deadline.com/2017/08/buddy-games-kevin-dillon-dax-shepard-olivia-munn-james-roday-dan-bakkedahl-join-cast-1202143921/

ETA: What @ahrtee said!

Edited by DittyDotDot

Yeah, I was just reading on Tumblr that he said it was just a cameo...blink and you'll miss him.  

Something else interesting that I read is that they haven't yet "officially" been asked back for season 14, and they were encouraging their fans to get vocal about it.  Now I don't think there's any risk of them not being asked back, but I'm surprised they're dangling that carrot if they really want to hang it up next season.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Yeah, I was just reading on Tumblr that he said it was just a cameo...blink and you'll miss him.  

Something else interesting that I read is that they haven't yet "officially" been asked back for season 14, and they were encouraging their fans to get vocal about it.  Now I don't think there's any risk of them not being asked back, but I'm surprised they're dangling that carrot if they really want to hang it up next season.

You mean hang it up after s13? I had the impression they were fine with going to 14, so maybe TPTB aren't so sure although Pedowitz said as long as they want to do it they can. It's weird.

37 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

You mean hang it up after s13? I had the impression they were fine with going to 14, so maybe TPTB aren't so sure although Pedowitz said as long as they want to do it they can. It's weird.

Sorry...I misspoke.  I meant hang it up in season 14, episode 300, or whatever.  It just seemed weird to me that they'd get the fans all worked up, if they only planned to do half a season in season 14.  That's what I meant to say.

6 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Sorry...I misspoke.  I meant hang it up in season 14, episode 300, or whatever.  It just seemed weird to me that they'd get the fans all worked up, if they only planned to do half a season in season 14.  That's what I meant to say.

Isn't it way too early for renewal yet? I know it was just before Vegas con (March) two seasons ago (S12), and last year CW pretty much announced a blanket renewal of the majority of their schedule - when was that? I feel like the encouragement to renew is the guys throwing the fans a bone - they know we love to cheer for them. I expect TPTB to let them get their 300 eps in, and I feel certain well get a full S14 for sure. After that, all bets are off.

12 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I gotcha. Yeah, it's strange for sure

44 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Isn't it way too early for renewal yet? I know it was just before Vegas con (March) two seasons ago (S12), and last year CW pretty much announced a blanket renewal of the majority of their schedule - when was that?

I believe it was early- or mid-January. I think it was the earliest renewal to date, too. Yeah, I think it's kinda early, but I guess it's never too early to start making noise? ::shrugs::

Maybe they're just trying to gauge whether the fans want anymore seasons at this point?

For some reason I just assumed that Jensen was referring to SDCC when he said they hadn't been asked back for s14 yet. That doesn't seem to be what everyone else was thinking though, so I've no idea how I came up with that.

6 minutes ago, garnetarden said:

For some reason I just assumed that Jensen was referring to SDCC when he said they hadn't been asked back for s14 yet. That doesn't seem to be what everyone else was thinking though, so I've no idea how I came up with that.

I can't imagine them never being asked back to SDCC. They get some of the biggest crowds of all the panels.

Well, in year's past, the boys made their contracts in the Fall -- BEFORE renewal.  I'm certain renewal is always dependent upon a contract being in place.  We usually don't get intel on their new contract until late November/December.  

What I recall:
- The original 7 years
- S8 & S9 were grouped
- S10 & S11 were grouped
- S12 & S13 were grouped

In short, they have been doing two year contracts.

Now on to speculation.... perhaps their managers have gotten the studios initial request in the late summer and the deals haven't been closed until late Fall.  Not that anyone is fussy, just that it takes that long.  Or its possible that both sides wait til the November sweeps are over to lock in the deal.  That's just speculation.

Perhaps THIS time, the boys are anxious to put in their thoughts in on the contract and want fan support.  To be safe... I'll put the rest in spoilers although it's not really spoilerish at all... but just being safe...

Spoiler

- What if the studio is waiting to see if the Jodie-focus episode 13.3 does well?  That's kinda LATE IMO but it's possible.

Alternatively,
- What if the studio already KNOWS the boys are looking for a shorter season (they've hinted at it multiple times), say a 13 episode season that is paired with a 13 episode Wayward Sisters.... and they are trying to figure out what they want.
Regardless ... I'm actually NOT surprised the boys are nudging the fans to send some love.  I think they want to make a change (about time, not money). And they may be nervous about it.  They need as MUCH leverage as possible if they are going to negotiate something different.  

So.. the only real spoiler in here is 11.3 appears to be Jodie-focused, but I've put it under a tag just in case.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, SueB said:

Well, in year's past, the boys made their contracts in the Fall -- BEFORE renewal.  I'm certain renewal is always dependent upon a contract being in place.  We usually don't get intel on their new contract until late November/December.  

What I recall:
- The original 7 years
- S8 & S9 were grouped
- S10 & S11 were grouped
- S12 & S13 were grouped

In short, they have been doing two year contracts.

I believe the groupings are a bit different. I don't know how many years they signed for originally, but I know they were still under contract for S6 at the end of S5--I think that was the biggest factor to the show being renewed for S6 when S5 was supposed to be the last one. They signed for S7 and S8 together and S9 and S10 together--I remember them announcing S9 and S10 signing because, at the time, they were saying they wanted to see Carver's three-year plan play out.

Since then, I'm not sure how they've signed, but if we use history, they could've signed for S11 and S12 together and S13 and 14 last fall. With all the talk of getting to 300 episodes, I've been assuming they already signed for S14 and the rest us up to the network. But, maybe they've only been doing one-year contracts since S10? 

However, you are right, they do usually sign around this time of year. The S9 and S10 announcement came out at a con in late August, as I recall. And, I seem to remember a comment from Jared at Comic Con where he said he hadn't signed his contract yet which I assumed was for the next season because they were already filming for whatever the current season was.

Edited by DittyDotDot
11 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

:)

I thought it was just because they were walking slightly downhill? The other guys seem to do the same, to me.

I noticed it  when he was on the flat part up by the trailers.

18 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

As much as they were joking back and forth about Jared's week off, I definitely did not get the impression either one of them want the show to end any time soon. Between Jared's encouragement for fans to be vocal about them being 'invited back', and the other mentions of future season(s), I got the feeling they are still 'in'. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

As much as they were joking back and forth about Jared's week off, I definitely did not get the impression either one of them want the show to end any time soon. Between Jared's encouragement for fans to be vocal about them being 'invited back', and the other mentions of future season(s), I got the feeling they are still 'in'. 

Did you find it odd that Jared talked about their contracts not being solidified yet?  In recent years they haven't  talked a lot about needing fan support for a next season coupled with talking about contract negotiations before.  I know they have talked about negotiating for shorter seasons.  I wonder if maybe that is a bit of a sticking point for the WB and the CW.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Did you find it odd that Jared talked about their contracts not being solidified yet?  In recent years they haven't  talked a lot about needing fan support for a next season coupled with talking about contract negotiations before.  I know they have talked about negotiating for shorter seasons.  I wonder if maybe that is a bit of a sticking point for the WB and the CW.

Yeah, I have no clue what the point of him bringing that up was, but it did feel deliberate somehow.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Maybe they are looking for a bump in pay and TPTB are pushing back, saying well the ratings fell off a little bit last year, which is true for many shows, but they could use that as a bargaining chip to not bump so the boys are like well, here is the fan support for us coming back, so pay us what we are seeking. A little negotiation tactic maybe?  

Seem like there are a few leftovers from VanCon hanging around :)

A fan taking video of Jensen taking video of the fans. It's Jenception!
You can actually hear him recording his Instagram.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
my tablet hates this site/this site hates my tablet
  • Love 3

It sounded like Jared was talking about TPTB exercising the option to renew J2's contracts. According to my google-fu, most actor TV contracts are for 6 years. After that, the actors can negotiate money, time off etc. for 1 to 4 seasons at a time. At the end of a contract period, TPTB (not the actors) have 6 mos from the prior season finale to exercise the option to continue the contract for up to 4 additional cycles of the series. That's when there are negotiations on salary. I assume that # of episodes per season is a part of the original contract, and that may not be as negotiable as salary or days off.

• Love 1

I just think it's odd that if they truly wanted to end at 300 episodes, they wouldn't have already been negotiating for that.  Maybe they feel energized by the recent attention they received at SDCC, and they're thinking they'll keep going for a while.  Maybe the whole thing is up in the air until they see how well-received the spinoff is.  I still think the idea of a split season would be doable, and would be kind of a win, win for everyone...except maybe Kim and Co. who are hoping for a full season.  

2 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

...except maybe Kim and Co. who are hoping for a full season.  

A full season might be 13 or 16 episodes for them. Legends of Tomorrow and The 100 do 13 or 16 episodes per season. I think WS would be thrilled to get 13 episodes. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

A full season might be 13 or 16 episodes for them. Legends of Tomorrow and The 100 do 13 or 16 episodes per season. I think WS would be thrilled to get 13 episodes. 

Ok, then I see no reason why they shouldn't take my recommendation and give us split seasons.  They just started filming in July, and they're already on episode 4.  Jensen and Jared could shoot 12 episodes and have the rest of the year off to do what they wanted...like maybe a movie.  Or, they could alternate episodes and give them a week off every other week.  Does the CW have a suggestion box?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Ok, then I see no reason why they shouldn't take my recommendation and give us split seasons.  They just started filming in July, and they're already on episode 4.  Jensen and Jared could shoot 12 episodes and have the rest of the year off to do what they wanted...like maybe a movie.  Or, they could alternate episodes and give them a week off every other week.  Does the CW have a suggestion box?

LOL. I'm with you they should do a split season if that keeps the writing tight.  And we could even get Cas in every episode with the boys! SHOCKING I KNOW!

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I'd say it's too late for this season. The CW ordered 23 episodes, so that's what they would've planned, contracted and budgeted for. It is a possibility for S14, but I find it highly unlikely they'd reduce Supernatural's run, even if it was the last season. It's a steady performer and fills a slot for them without too much fuss.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I think it'd be really cool as a summer fill-in - especially if it came down to that or nothing at all.  

I agree. I actually have been advocating for them to do miniseries events to air during the hiatus. They wouldn't be full-on spin-offs, but short little series focusing on different characters. 

Sorry, I will not stop bringing this idea up!!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I'd say it's too late for this season. The CW ordered 23 episodes, so that's what they would've planned, contracted and budgeted for. It is a possibility for S14, but I find it highly unlikely they'd reduce Supernatural's run, even if it was the last season. It's a steady performer and fills a slot for them without too much fuss.

Oh, it's definitely too late for season 13, but this season was always going to be a full one.  I'm just spit-balling as to how we get the boys to go beyond episode 300, and that would be by giving them what they want...more time off.  The SPN fans would still have Sam, Dean and Cas to enjoy for 12 episodes (with more TFW and less filler), and I know that I'd be far more inclined to stay tuned for the Wayward spinoff, if it were linked with SPN. 

In my fantasy, this is the perfect solution.  I get better written episodes with a heavier dose of my favorite characters, and maybe that encourages Jensen and Jared to stick around for a few more years.  I know I bitch all the time about the writing and the direction the show is going in, but that doesn't mean I want it to end.  I just want it to get better.  I'll just cling to my little fantasy until reality rears it's ugly head. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MysteryGuest said:

Oh, it's definitely too late for season 13, but this season was always going to be a full one.  I'm just spit-balling as to how we get the boys to go beyond episode 300, and that would be by giving them what they want...more time off.  The SPN fans would still have Sam, Dean and Cas to enjoy for 12 episodes (with more TFW and less filler), and I know that I'd be far more inclined to stay tuned for the Wayward spinoff, if it were linked with SPN. 

In my fantasy, this is the perfect solution.  I get better written episodes with a heavier dose of my favorite characters, and maybe that encourages Jensen and Jared to stick around for a few more years.  I know I bitch all the time about the writing and the direction the show is going in, but that doesn't mean I want it to end.  I just want it to get better.  I'll just cling to my little fantasy until reality rears it's ugly head. 

This seems to be exactly what the J's are advocating for.  I don't know if Jared was hinting that we contact the WB and CW that we want more SPN even if that means less episodes per season. Maybe they are hoping they can split the season with WWS.  But it was interesting that he made a point of asking for fan support.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, catrox14 said:

LOL. I'm with you they should do a split season if that keeps the writing tight.  And we could even get Cas in every episode with the boys! SHOCKING I KNOW!

Sadly, I think they'd be more likely to cut Misha / Cas appearances back to 5-6, so he'd still appear in the same ratio of episodes i.e. just under half.