Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

But all three at the same time?

Oh yeah!

• S6: Sam fans were pissed that Sam was basically not present for half of the season; Dean fans were pissed that Dean was "domesticated"; Cass fans were pissed that Cass was the baddie, in the end. 
  • S7: Sam fans were once again pissed that something was wrong with Sam; Dean fans were pissed that once again something was wrong with Sam and not Dean; Cass fans were pissed that Cass was basically dead all season. 
  • S8: Sam fans were pissed his character was being trashed by not looking for Dean; Dean fans were pissed that Dean was held responsible for his text message and that Dean didn't get to to do the trials; Cass fans were pissed that Cass, once again, does the wrong thing for all the right reasons.
  • S9: Sam fans were pissed that Sam wasn't allowed to be angry for being possessed by Gadreel; Dean fans were pissed that Sam was angry about Gadreel; Cass fans were pissed that, once again, Cass does the wrong thing for the right reason.
  • S10. S11...need I go on?

I think the unhappiness is pretty normal, myself. It seems like every year it's considered the worst year yet...until a couple years later when they re-watch and see something they didn't notice before. ::shrugs::

1 minute ago, Macbeth said:

I deeply apologize -  I appear to have started a small riot.

When I said what was going on was making me really angry - I was referring to the situation in Wayward Son's link about the need for Misha to comfort a couple  of young women who are Muslims, because they are too afraid to continue to wear their head scarves. 

But I want to make Misha my Spirit Animal as he fights the good fight with a healthy attitude.  I loved his statement about how the SPN family celebrates and welcomes diversity and it is a safe place. 

Which is true as we rock. 

Mind you - people are right to feel pissed off.  I am a very unhappy camper now that Mark Sheppard  is gone,

No need to apologize, I understood what you were referring to. And, I agree with you, Misha has a very healthy attitude and that's why I love him, as well.

17 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Throw in the bi-bro and bronly fans who think the writers hate/don't care about Dean & Sam/Jensen & Jared because other characters not named Dean and Sam, are being featured more and there are more brother lite episodes than in the past,  to accommodate J2 needs/desires for a lightened workload.

Well, my list was getting pretty long, and I'm not sure I can list every faction...there are just too many anymore! But, yeah, they're always unhappy too. ;)

• Love 4

Lordy, this site is a pain in the ass for posting sometimes. Tried unsuccessfully to edit my post three times and crashed my browser each time. Condensed version: scrolled JAs timeline to make sure I wasn't misremembering and nope, not a single episode related tweet. He did post a pic of a bloodied Jared from 12x02, and one of him, Jared and Adam Fergus in the Impala.  This one was interesting though. *g*

https://twitter.com/JensenAckles/status/755560010978123776

(hitting submit and praying it doesn't get eaten again)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Lordy, this site is a pain in the ass for posting sometimes. Tried unsuccessfully to edit my post three times and crashed my browser each time. Condensed version: scrolled JAs timeline to make sure I wasn't misremembering and nope, not a single episode related tweet. He did post a pic of a bloodied Jared from 12x02, and one of him, Jared and Adam Fergus in the Impala.  This one was interesting though. *g*

https://twitter.com/JensenAckles/status/755560010978123776

(hitting submit and praying it doesn't get eaten again)

I'm not sure that would help right now but who knows.

12 minutes ago, Res said:

I'm not sure that would help right now but who knows.

I don't know either, I just thought it was interesting that Jensen would tweet that.

Taking the rest of my answer to the writers thread...

(edited)

Interesting Tweet from Shoshannah about her exit from the show. I wonder what she means by 'couldn't' ask to leave the show. Like does she mean she was happy and grateful to be a part of the show or that contractually she doesn't really have the power to leave the show?

She has the other show but it sounds like Eileen's demise was definitely not her choice.

Edited by catrox14
(edited)
4 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Interesting Tweet from Shoshannah about her exit from the show. I wonder what she means by 'couldn't' ask to leave the show. Like does she mean she was happy and grateful to be a part of the show or that contractually she doesn't really have the power to leave the show?

She has the other show but it sounds like Eileen's demise was definitely not her choice.

I personally would assume she just meant once she signed the contract to appear on that episode she couldn't go back on it, even if she did want Eileen to live. I'm not sure what it could mean beyond that! Since, as far as I am aware, the prime difference between a recurring guest like her and a regular like Misha or Mark Pellegrino is the fact they have a long term contract and she doesn't. In her case it's purely on an episode by episode basis. So she had the power to just say no next time they phone asking her to appear LOL

Edited by Wayward Son
(edited)
2 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

I personally would assume she just meant once she signed the contract to appear on that episode she couldn't go back on it, even if she did want Eileen to live. I'm not sure what it could mean beyond that! Since, as far as I am aware, the prime difference between a recurring guest like her and a regular like Misha or Mark Pellegrino is the fact they have a long term contract and she doesn't. In her case it's purely on an episode by episode basis. So she had the power to just say no next time they phone asking her to appear LOL

I think she just means it's not up to her what they do with the characters she plays. I'd say she wouldn't ask for it because she wouldn't want to leave the show and couldn't because she has no power to do so. 

6 hours ago, catrox14 said:

YAY! Tim O is doing much better it seems!

That's awesome!!!

Edited by DittyDotDot

I don't know if this is the thread to post this.  I'm only just getting around to watching the JIB8 panels.   The panel with Jensen & Misha got me wondering if Misha and Vicki (I think that's his wife's name) are expecting.  Misha talks about his kids and Jensen says something like 'have you told them? This is a great segue'   Misha seems puzzled, then Jensen whispers and Misha says 'no, no, no!!' and seems panicked.  Jensen then says Jared would have blurted it out.

My mind went straight to - Misha's having another baby.  Hope so.  It's good news for him.

Of course, I could be completely wrong (It's happened before).   :)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

My mind went straight to - Misha's having another baby.  Hope so.  It's good news for him.

I thought the same thing, but then wondered why he was so glad Jensen didn't say anything.  I suppose it could be very early on, and Vicki doesn't want anything said until a bit later.  I can't imagine what else it might be, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

My mind went straight to - Misha's having another baby.  Hope so.  It's good news for him

That's what I thought too.  In one of Misha's solo panels he also told a story about his daughter asking where babies come from.

24 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

That's what I thought too.  In one of Misha's solo panels he also told a story about his daughter asking where babies come from.

Oh....yeah...that's true. It all makes sense now.

4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I don't know if this is the thread to post this.  I'm only just getting around to watching the JIB8 panels.   The panel with Jensen & Misha got me wondering if Misha and Vicki (I think that's his wife's name) are expecting.  Misha talks about his kids and Jensen says something like 'have you told them? This is a great segue'   Misha seems puzzled, then Jensen whispers and Misha says 'no, no, no!!' and seems panicked.  Jensen then says Jared would have blurted it out.

Of course, I could be completely wrong (It's happened before).   :)

I have no idea if Misha and Vicki are expecting, but I did amuse myself thinking that Misha might have started getting worried that the Ackles and Padaleckis were outnumbering his own brood. Best get back on even footing. ;)

6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Welp. That's it then. Dang.

Aww, poor Mark can't get anyone to believe him after all the times he's cried Crowley's dead previously.

Still though, I'll miss Mark quite a bit. Crowley less so, but since they come packaged together... . ;)

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I have no idea if Misha and Vicki are expecting, but I did amuse myself thinking that Misha might have started getting worried that the Ackles and Padaleckis were outnumbering his own brood. Best get back on even footing. ;

Ackles announce twins and everybody decides they can't get left behind. LOL

• Love 4
(edited)
1 minute ago, Idahoforspn said:

Ackles announce twins and everybody decides they can't get left behind. LOL

Well, Misha did start out ahead of them both, it's only right he catches back up. ;)

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Well, Misha did start out ahead of them both, it's only right he catches back up. ;)

I would laugh if Misha announced he and Vicki were expecting twins. Heh, maybe that's why Jensen talked about his friend giving him a shirt that read "Real Men Have Twins".

And now fandom is all thinking

"....and then what happened!?"

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Don't really want to listen to a 14 minute video so can you answer a quick question as I'm confused? Is Jared donating money that he, Misha, and Jensen raised in the combined charity or is he donating the $120,000 personally? That's a lot of money!

6 minutes ago, Idahoforspn said:

Don't really want to listen to a 14 minute video so can you answer a quick question as I'm confused? Is Jared donating money that he, Misha, and Jensen raised in the combined charity or is he donating the $120,000 personally? That's a lot of money!

It sounds to me like it's coming out of PACK fund monies? But I checked out a little bit on it myself. LOL

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

It sounds to me like it's coming out of PACK fund monies? But I checked out a little bit on it myself. LOL

I just don't do 14 minute Facebook streams unless it's something I'm really really interested in or I have no choice. Thanks for the info.

4 minutes ago, Idahoforspn said:

I just don't do 14 minute Facebook streams unless it's something I'm really really interested in or I have no choice. Thanks for the info.

I took another listen. He talks about the donation pretty early on and then talked about cyberbullying and the money would be used towards training folks on the SPN Crisis Helpline to deal specifically with bullying. And then I stopped listening

14 hours ago, catrox14 said:

PACK fund. 

14 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I'm sure it's the fund money, it's just Jared's use of 'we' raised and 'I' donated that confuses things.

• Love 2
On 5/28/2017 at 10:58 PM, DittyDotDot said:

Oh yeah!

• S6: Sam fans were pissed that Sam was basically not present for half of the season; Dean fans were pissed that Dean was "domesticated"; Cass fans were pissed that Cass was the baddie, in the end. 
  • S7: Sam fans were once again pissed that something was wrong with Sam; Dean fans were pissed that once again something was wrong with Sam and not Dean; Cass fans were pissed that Cass was basically dead all season. 
  • S8: Sam fans were pissed his character was being trashed by not looking for Dean; Dean fans were pissed that Dean was held responsible for his text message and that Dean didn't get to to do the trials; Cass fans were pissed that Cass, once again, does the wrong thing for all the right reasons.
  • S9: Sam fans were pissed that Sam wasn't allowed to be angry for being possessed by Gadreel; Dean fans were pissed that Sam was angry about Gadreel; Cass fans were pissed that, once again, Cass does the wrong thing for the right reason.
  • S10. S11...need I go on?

Your post made me burst out laughing!! 

Thanks. 

I binge watched till season 8 and part of season 9.  Discovered fandom and their preferences after some time. So I am not so familiar with all the "hate" and "dislike" that was there in the earlier years. 

Anyways, I am a Dean fan so I too have found I have an opinion not dissimilar to what you stated above. 

oh well!! Thank the Gracious Almighty - We ALL ( ok - almost all ) have complains so we can all moan and whine together. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, catrox14 said:

She is adorable - and I don't think I've ever seen a little girl who looked more like her father than this child.

OAN, 'one of the few faces that make me smile right now' --- more fuel for the speculation that he did not leave SPN happily fire, if you're so inclined to read it that way. (I am)

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

She is adorable - and I don't think I've ever seen a little girl who looked more like her father than this child.

OAN, 'one of the few faces that make me smile right now' --- more fuel for the speculation that he did not leave SPN happily fire, if you're so inclined to read it that way. (I am)

If you keep up with him on Twitter, he is not happy with the current political situation, so that could be what he means too.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Diane said:

If you keep up with him on Twitter, he is not happy with the current political situation, so that could be what he means too.

I do, but I didn't get that he's been unhappy 'politically' in the sense that nothing makes him smile, more pissed off. This feels more personal than that. Like I said though, I'm more inclined to read it that way because I do believe he's unhappy with the SPN thing. I think a lot of the speculation will be resolved with the upcoming con - or maybe it will be ramped up even higher, lol.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2

It's interesting to me that MS seems to be so obviously put out about Crowley's death. I mean, who knows how it went down, but given the nature of the show, the deaths that have come before, the fact that he plays a demon, surely the guy would recognize that his character getting killed off would be a possibility. And given how many characters show up again in different iterations, why risk a chance to come back by being pissy? It's just odd to me.

In my mind, only Jensen and Jared are safe from actual death on the show. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, bethy said:

It's interesting to me that MS seems to be so obviously put out about Crowley's death. I mean, who knows how it went down, but given the nature of the show, the deaths that have come before, the fact that he plays a demon, surely the guy would recognize that his character getting killed off would be a possibility. And given how many characters show up again in different iterations, why risk a chance to come back by being pissy? It's just odd to me.

Maybe because they made him a recurring regular but then axed him soon after? If I recall correctly, the "recurring" status makes him have to follow their shooting schedule before taking another role and let's face it, they didn't do much with his character this season. Perhaps he had to turn down a desired role to accommodate SN's schedule and resents it now that the role opportunity has passed and he's not working with SN anymore.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, bethy said:

I agree with FlickChick that Mark's status as series regular put him in a different category than the other characters who have been killed off on the show.  And especially since he's leaving and Misha is staying.  I think they'll be sorry they cut him, personally.  I know I will be.  Every scene with Lucifer will make me wish that Crowley were back, instead!

• Love 4
(edited)

Austin's Mayor responds to idiots being idiots who were upset there was a female-only screening of Wonder Woman and he responded with Supernatural parlance. It's pretty funny really!

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 4
Just now, Binns said:

I love the guys but it super grosses me out that they are friends with the Chive guy. 

Ewwww...I didn't realize that is who that was. Well, bleh. I'm sorry I posted it now:(

5 hours ago, catrox14 said:

LOL, he's really kind of a dork. LOL. 

Oh, yeah. He fits right in. 

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Ewwww...I didn't realize that is who that was. Well, bleh. I'm sorry I posted it now:(

Don't be sorry...2 outta 3 ain't bad!

• Love 1