Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2: Yes, I Did Watch It All

In the middle of Hysteria and looks like I nailed it.

Of course she overhears them fighting after how in S1 she caused the ruckus. 

Also makes that Keith/Dory/Drew/April love square more messed up.

Edit: Finished Frenzy and Psychosis and yeah, two murders in the wake of Dory/Drew. I kind of expected it to parallel the first. Now the question is how much darker it keeps getting from here.

Season 3(?) in 2018 because a lot of loose threads. That cop covering up a murder seems like something that could end up being exploited.

Edited by AfterwardsTV
  • Love 1

Wow, all I can say is I can't wait for season 3!!!!

I LOVED Dory's dress in the final scene. (The dress she wore key to the city ceremony was really nice too)

It reminded me of the film Blue Velvet in that it quickly turned from a cute Scooby Doo mystery to dark, dark, dark. 

• Love 4

For a show that was initially more comedy than mystery, they did a really good job at keeping the threads and establishing things like them being able to hear fights in different apartments was established super early in season one and brought up again when Drew slept with Chantal so that was cool to see stuff. Also, I totally forgot about how Agnes knew where Chantal was hiding out at. I want to know who the anonymous tip was from because they've established it could be from a whole slew of the characters.

• Love 2

Eh. The tone of the season didn't work for me and everyone was just too awful. Maybe if I didn't watch this during the holiday season I'd feel differently.

Now I need a Christmas movie to cleanse the palate.

Edited by crimsongrl
On 12/8/2017 at 2:18 PM, BloggerAloud said:

I want to know who the anonymous tip was from because they've established it could be from a whole slew of the characters.

I wonder if it was Portia and/or Elliot. Portia seemed like she was really at the end of her rope. Or possibly she told Creepy Cult Director and then he told the police.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

One of my friends has a theory that maybe that it'll turn out to be Dory is the anonymous tip against herself.

I had the same thought. I also wondered if they have a third season (fingers crossed!) they may go the split personality route with Dory. I say this because in the final shot when she's in the cop car she's looking at her reflection in the mirror and there's a crack in it that splits her face in two. She's already had multiple hallucinations and is emotionally tortured enough to have a full on psychotic break. The episode itself is titled 'Psychosis.' If she made the tip herself and doesn't remember it, which would account for her surprise at the election victory party, it could be the subconscious split that's trying to absolve her of guilt and do the right thing. I even wonder if she hallucinated throwing April over the railing of the ferry, same way she did jumping off the roof. The whole way it happened looked a little hokey. Or maybe she did it and now doesn't remember it because an "alter" did it. We see a noticeable change in Dory's face and demeanor, the music shift suggesting she's no longer herself. There may be a part of her that splits and is constantly trying to confess and be found guilty, and another extreme that will do anything to conceal the crime, even murder again. 

If she ends up standing trial, it could be her defense. While she didn't have her psychotic break until after the crime, it's easy enough to present otherwise. It would be a convenient plea for her innocence. The "real Dory" had nothing to do with it. Although I'm not sure how that factors into the detective's screw up and subsequent framing of Fat Frankie, because now she is actively hiding the truth as well to save her own behind. Unless maybe they'll try and concoct Dory's alter knowing Fat Frankie who's dead and can't dispute anything. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:
5 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

One of my friends has a theory that maybe that it'll turn out to be Dory is the anonymous tip against herself.

I had the same thought. I also wondered if they have a third season (fingers crossed!) they may go the split personality route with Dory. I say this because in the final shot when she's in the cop car she's looking at her reflection in the mirror and there's a crack in it that splits her face in two.

Interesting theory.  The thing is Drew actually killed Keith, not Dory.  Although the guilt Dory feels is probably her realizing that she's ruined her friends lives.

2 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

I even wonder if she hallucinated throwing April over the railing of the ferry, same way she did jumping off the roof.

Given how unstable she's appeared this season, my guess is that Dory actually did throw April overboard.  I have a feeling April's body will wash ashore in Brooklyn and Dory may have a second murder hanging over her head.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Interesting theory.  The thing is Drew actually killed Keith, not Dory.  Although the guilt Dory feels is probably her realizing that she's ruined her friends lives.

Right. We've seen the friends and Dory herself placing the root of the blame on Dory. I think about the line the waitress says to her, "Will you be paying for your friends?" But wouldn't it be some ish if somehow Dory is the one who gets off for the crime and the rest of the friends go to prison? This show is definitely capable of being that dark and cruel. 

• Love 2

If I was betting I'd say the anonymous tip was from the director because he's so invested in isolating Portia. For a second I thought April might have had an 'in case of my death' contingency plan but there was most likely not enough time for that to kick in. The detective will most likely want to clear Dory but April's death will probably complicate things...then there's June to think about too...

• Love 1

Lol thanks to June the actress will be able to recur in a Season 3.

Dory didn't meet June, so they've got that leverage this time.

Edit: Lol, apparently the twin was played by the twin of the actress who plays April. Freaky.

Edited by AfterwardsTV
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Wow, they were actually twin actresses ????? This show doesn't disappoint.

I really loved both seasons, I definitely laughed out loud at least a few times each episode. 

I'm surprised it doesn't seem to have more of a following. I've been recommending it to all my friends. 

• Love 1

I could not believe that was the last episode! I kept checking back thinking there had to be more. Way to leave us hanging, show. 

I fucking love this show. I watched the first season while home sick one day thinking I would just watch something silly while I didn't feel well and yet... it turned out to be awesome. 

I need more of this weird Portia/Director relationship ASAP.  And I desperately want to see Elliot's wedding. The proposal in the grocery store in front of the new boyfriend fucking killed me. 

• Love 2
On 12/12/2017 at 3:02 PM, CharethCutestory said:

I had the same thought. I also wondered if they have a third season (fingers crossed!) they may go the split personality route with Dory. I say this because in the final shot when she's in the cop car she's looking at her reflection in the mirror and there's a crack in it that splits her face in two. She's already had multiple hallucinations and is emotionally tortured enough to have a full on psychotic break. The episode itself is titled 'Psychosis.' If she made the tip herself and doesn't remember it, which would account for her surprise at the election victory party, it could be the subconscious split that's trying to absolve her of guilt and do the right thing. I even wonder if she hallucinated throwing April over the railing of the ferry, same way she did jumping off the roof. The whole way it happened looked a little hokey. Or maybe she did it and now doesn't remember it because an "alter" did it. We see a noticeable change in Dory's face and demeanor, the music shift suggesting she's no longer herself. There may be a part of her that splits and is constantly trying to confess and be found guilty, and another extreme that will do anything to conceal the crime, even murder again. 

I think this won't happen only because I think the show in season 1 was all about laughing at overactive imaginations and searching for some deeper meaning to anything. I bet this show is all about the face value of what you were seeing. Maybe the mirror just had a crack.