Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Gunplay Ricochet

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Whoa, that reveal at the end was totally unexpected... and I can't decide if it was awesome or ridiculous. But I'm glad they added it because if the episode ended with Roman telling Jane (yet again) that he was going to enjoy watching her suffer, I would have been pretty ticked off. Back to the baby bomb, I guess it could be an interesting development if part of the reason why Shepherd convinced Jane to do all of this was to wipe her memory of giving up her daughter or something like that. I wonder who the father is, if it's someone we've met. That guy she was with, with the tree tattoo?

I'm all but certain that the woman Roman is tracking is Weller's secret, like he slept with her while he was searching for Jane. I wish Weller would just tell Jane his big secret and be done with it.

I'm wondering if Hirst (the new director/head) is the mole, since I don't think they'd have it be some random person, like that agent who came to take the man who was helping hide people. I really like Hirst so I hope she isn't a baddie.

The missing daughter is 18...likely smoking hot...and is dating Reade....[ or Weller in Berlin]

But Reade is dating the State Dept guy....

Lt. / Capt. Jim Brass!!!! He must have been involved with what happened to Weller in Berlin...

Edited by paigow
  • Love 2

At this point, they might as well go full Telenovela and have Jane turn out to also be a grandma (of twins, one of which has been kidnapped by his back-from-the-dead grandfather).

This storyline at this point is ridiculous.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lebanna said:

This storyline at this point is ridiculous.

I had to laugh at this. One of the reasons that this show is fun for me is that the story line is so whacked out. At least this time someone asked Patterson how Ronan could give Jane a tattoo that predicted where a bombing would occur today from someone who was supposedly killed 30 years before. Compare that to the first season where Patterson would just happen to solve a tattoo just in the nick of time to let them know of some secret plot just about to come to fruition. 

So, in the video confessional / congratulations booth, they just happened to have multiple cameras running. Makes sense. Often those things are tacky. That feature gave it some class.

38 minutes ago, Loandbehold said:

I had to laugh at this. One of the reasons that this show is fun for me is that the story line is so whacked out. At least this time someone asked Patterson how Ronan could give Jane a tattoo that predicted where a bombing would occur today from someone who was supposedly killed 30 years before. Compare that to the first season where Patterson would just happen to solve a tattoo just in the nick of time to let them know of some secret plot just about to come to fruition. 

So, in the video confessional / congratulations booth, they just happened to have multiple cameras running. Makes sense. Often those things are tacky. That feature gave it some class.

Totally agree about the general silliness of the show, but my point is that up until now, I've felt like it was at least innovative silliness. This secret forgotten lost daughter storyline has been done on every single soap ever and even showed up on flipping Ally McBeal about 15 years ago. They could make it interesting in the end, but right now, it just seems so utterly lame.

• Love 1

How many times did Roman almost get the team blown up?? Seems inconsistent with torturing Jane for the foreseeable future....

Had Weller watched the entire wedding DVD before? If yes, then Roman broke into the storage locker and inserted a new DVD into the case...if "Hurt Locker" Weller & Jane screwed up, then nobody would be watching the DVD...

Patterson would be someone who'd get drunk at a wedding and then compare the bride and groom to Dungeons & Dragon characters.

Tattoo of the week was pretty much a typical "have to stop a bomber!" type story.

Roman (or, really, Luke Mitchell) sure can turn on the charm, I see.  That woman (forgot her name, but I remember the actress played Sabine on Killjoys) was totally head over heels for him.  But it was all to plant a tracking device on her?  Hmm...

So, Jane has a daughter of all things.  Not sure if this is going to be good or stupid.  Maybe both?

I had two takeaways from this episode. 1. Roman is SMOKIN' HOT. Didn't he have a scar on his face, or am I mixing him up with a character on some other show? Or did he get plastic surgery with the dead guy's money. 2. When Reade fell after the bad guy knocked her down with the gurney, her face was entirely covered with her hair, making it impossible to see much less shoot and hit the bad guy. It irritates the heck out of me when women don't use a freaking scrungie to pull their hair back. (Props to the Grey's Anatomy doctors who wear ponytails.) As for Jane having a kid: Jane, you didn't wonder where those stretch marks came from? Yeah, you got 'em, don't kid yourself. Plus I quit watching soaps decades ago and now Jane has a surprise teen daughter? Big yuck to that.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I had two takeaways from this episode. 1. Roman is SMOKIN' HOT. Didn't he have a scar on his face, or am I mixing him up with a character on some other show? Or did he get plastic surgery with the dead guy's money.

Roman was always hot - it was just a tad harder to spot last season. But you're right - he had a distinctive scar across his right temple/cheek. He had it since childhood since we saw in one of Jane's flashbacks in season 1 a boy with that scar - that was Roman. I guess he had it removed now by plastic surgery (and Luke Mitchell is probably pretty happy about the time that saves him in the make-up chair).

Kudos to whoever decided to give Roman a Mr Ripley plot! And I just knew he'd show up at the end of that wedding video like an evil hipster fairy godmother LOL!

As usual with this show there's no rhyme and reason to the logistics of it all but who cares - it was still entertaining although I missed Rich DotCom. But Patterson and her adorable cuttlefish impression (and Zapata's reaction) made sure things would not get too dire.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, saber5055 said:

As for Jane having a kid: Jane, you didn't wonder where those stretch marks came from? Yeah, you got 'em, don't kid yourself. Plus I quit watching soaps decades ago and now Jane has a surprise teen daughter? Big yuck to that.

Good point. As has been established, this show is daft. But in real life if you had a baby at eg. 15 (the age the actress would have been to have an 18 year old now, if we suppose Jane is the same age) there would be physical signs no? 

Anyone with any medical knowledge here? Because you'd assume that Jane would have to have a full medical check-up when she first appeared and to have gone to the gynecologist at some point. Could a full pregnancy and birth at a very young age really become totally invisible? Because I'd assume it would cause some damage.

• Love 2

What was the game those kids were playing in 1994?

It was funny when Zapata had to point out Weller is now a bomb expert and Jane would try to fit in the bomb suit with him. And why is the bomb squad always 2 minutes away? 

Also funny was the editing and music to Jane's and Rossi's fight scene. The editing made Rossi move like a cheetah but stood like a mannequin to receive Jane's round house kick and bonus knock his head on the low hanging light while falling on the table.

This episode shows Roman is wasting his talents, he could jet around the world conning/picking up rich women (or men - not sure of his orientation) but wants to waste time tormenting his sister and Weller.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Lebanna said:

Good point. As has been established, this show is daft. But in real life if you had a baby at eg. 15 (the age the actress would have been to have an 18 year old now, if we suppose Jane is the same age) there would be physical signs no? 

Anyone with any medical knowledge here? Because you'd assume that Jane would have to have a full medical check-up when she first appeared and to have gone to the gynecologist at some point. Could a full pregnancy and birth at a very young age really become totally invisible? Because I'd assume it would cause some damage.

I'm not a medical expert but AFAIK you can definitely tell if a woman has given birth. Given that Jane was found naked, traumatized and without memory in the pilot it seems pretty clear that a pelvic exam should have been part of the intensive medical checks they run on her. And if she had had a C-section then you'd think somebody would have noticed the scar during all those scans they made of her body.  But show has done stuff that required much heavier dosages of handwavium.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 2

About Jane's pregnancy at age 15, two words: Stretch marks. (One more word: pedophile.) Next: I agree Roman is wasting his talents, he is indeed a Very Talented Mr. Ripley. I thought for sure that woman at the auction was going to say they'd met before ... when they were engaged and living together. Maybe Roman had plastic surgery to look more like the dead guy. I didn't pay attention to remember if they resembled each other. Is the actor playing Roman and Aussie? He's got the accent down well if not. I do like Jane and Weller married though, it's nice to see them both smile, plus all that boring build up to "will they or won't they" is over. I hope. Is RichDotCom dead?

I mean, is the actor playing Roman AN Aussie. Sorry. Can't edit posts.

Luke Mitchell is Australian just like Daniel Lissing who played his victim. They're not exactly doppelgängers but beard, hair-styling and glasses are enough to produce a passing likeness. Roman could hardly fool someone who knows Jake very well.

• Love 2

I would throw up if Weller had an affair with Jane's kid in Berlin. That is way too twisted, even for this show. I hope Reade isn't the mole. Poor actor can't catch a break by the drug storyline, then this one. 

Roman is always hot, but he definitely turned it on with that woman. I'm intrigued why she's being tracked. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, twoods said:

I would throw up if Weller had an affair with Jane's kid in Berlin. That is way too twisted, even for this show. 

Unknowing Step-Incest is OK compared with the deliberate real incest on other shows - e.g. GoT - so, here is your air sickness bag.....Weller could not have killed anyone in Berlin and Roman would be the ONLY other person that knows about it...This must be a crime of the heart....

• Love 1
21 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I'm not a medical expert but AFAIK you can definitely tell if a woman has given birth. 

One of the new tattoos will point the team to a doctor that removes all evidence of childbirth for terrorists.....

• Love 1

Thanks Paigow and MissLucas for the info. I'm glad Rich isn't dead. He grated on me before, but this season he's become one of my favorite characters. He and Patterson rock together. I do love me some nerds. (And some Ginger Aussie Roman.)

20 hours ago, romantic idiot said:

Oh.  I thought he is blonde. 

IMDB has no listing for his normal hair color...on other sites, somewhere between Light Brown & Blonde is the consensus...Maybe the lighting [or he got punked by the make-up team] gives him red hair....

On 11/19/2017 at 2:32 PM, saber5055 said:

About Jane's pregnancy at age 15, two words: Stretch marks. (One more word: pedophile.) 

At the risk of earning the ire of every other woman who has ever given birth, I did not get any stretch marks from my pregnancy (at 31). My extensive forensic knowledge from CSI says that in an autopsy they were able to tell based on some change to the pubic symphysis if a woman had given birth vaginally. True? I'd be devastated to know CSI wasn't 100% accurate with absolutely everything. But on a live woman? Who knows. 

• Love 1