Type keyword(s) to search

Stranger Roles: Cast & Crew's Other Projects

• Start Topic

Amusingly, Watch Mojo has a video about surprising pre Stranger Things roles for the season one cast that I watched yesterday. 

Biggest one for me was that Noah was the voice of Charlie Brown in the 2015 Peanuts Movie. 

Which makes this all the more funnier, now

• Love 2

Millie Bobby Brown's biggest pre-ST role was on a BBC series called Intruders. She was about 10 here or so - pretty close to landing ST. Anyway, this is more of a behind the scenes vid, but it's really cute. The director and crew rave about her even then. Knowing what we know now about how crazy good she is, this video is a nice little precursor to bigger things for her. I saw a tiny bit of her performance in this, but I'm kind of meh on it actually. I think she's much better in ST. Probably a combination of aging and honing her skills, plus director and writing. Also, she developed a great American accent even back then.

Can't for the life of me figure out how to embed.

Edited by EarlGreyTea

A bunch of different videos of the kids singing under the cut!

Gaten sings the national anthem at a Philadelphia Sixers game in 2014:

Gaten and his sister singing America the Beautiful when they were 7 & 11:

Gaten singing Bring Him Home at karaoke in 2014:

Gaten at 54 Below in 2015 (Joshua Colley, the other singer, was the kid who alternated the role of Gavroche with Gaten on Broadway):

Sadie singing Tomorrow in 2013 (she played Annie on Broadway):

Sadie singing Maybe in 2013:

Sadie singing For Good in 2013:

Millie singing Thinking Out Loud in 2015:

Millie singing And I'm Telling You:

Millie & Sadie singing the Cup Song:

Caleb McLaughlin singing I Just Can't Wait to Be King (he played Simba on Broadway) at Elsiefest 2016:

Gaten and Caleb sing Fugue for Tinhorns with Darren Criss at Elsiefest 2016

Finn singing Cooking Up Something Good in 2016:

This will never not be one of my favorite romantic movie moments:

Veronica Sawyer is a great part, but I really think Jo March is Winona at her best. There will never be another role that was so tailored to her strengths as an actress.

Edited by methodwriter85

I just found out Sadie Sink was in Peter Morgan's play The Audience starring Dame Helen Mirren as Queen Elizabeth II and Sadie played one of the younger versions of QE II(she's on the left):

DOITVa9WsAAIiBI.jpg

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 2

Just caught the episode of Modern Family from 2015 that Millie Bobby Brown was in. She plays a girl riding a bike that Manny has to borrow and he promises to return it. You can hear her British accent when she yells "That's what you said about my mum's humidifier!"

Edited by VCRTracking

^What in the hell is that!? Even with the Exposition Fairy voiceover, I still have no idea what that movie is really about, or why it's called Godzilla. Did like the Tywin clip, though...

• Love 1

Gaten Matarazzo will perform Into the Woods at the Hollywood Bowl 

The Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine musical, also starring Patina Miller, will be presented July 26–28.

Joining the previously announced Pippin Tony winner Patina Miller as the Witch, Gaten Matarazzo (Netflix's Stranger Things) as Jack, and Shanice Williams (NBC’s The Wiz Live!) as Little Red Riding Hood will be Tony winner Sutton Foster (Thoroughly Modern Millie, Anything Goes) as The Baker's Wife, Skylar Astin (Spring Awakening, Pitch Perfect) as The Baker, Tony nominee Hailey Kilgore (Once On This Island) as Rapunzel, Sierra Boggess (The Phantom of the Opera, The Little Mermaid) as Cinderella, Chris Carmack (Grey's Anatomy, The O.C.) as Rapunzel's Prince, Tony winner Anthony Crivello (Kiss of the Spider Woman) as Mysterious Man, and Cheyenne Jackson (Xanadu, 30 Rock) as Cinderella's Prince/The Wolf.

Caleb McLaughlin to star with Idris Elba in Concrete Cowboys

Idris Elba and famous Stranger Things kid Caleb McLaughlin are set to star together in Concrete Cowboys, a movie inspired by the Fletcher Street Stables—a “Black urban horsemanship community which has existed in Philadelphia for more than 100 years.” The film, which is also inspired by Greg Neri’s novel Ghetto Cowboy and will be directed by Ricky Staub (his feature debut), is about a 15-year-old kid who is sent to live with his estranged father in Philadelphia. McLaughlin is playing the kid and Elba is playing the dad, with the kid eventually discovering Philadelphia’s “vibrant urban cowboy subculture.”

Sounds like a great project.

• Love 1