Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Yuck - none of the 3 pics above of the girl w/ dark hair are flattering - she looks way too muscular in the topless/hands covering boobs shots. And I agree it looks like she's sitting on the toilet in the bottom one - I guess her body looks better in the toilet one though.

I wonder if the girls are allowed to refuse to do a certain shot, like for insrance say "no - I'm not comfortable posing without a top and only my hands covering my boobs", or "'no, I do not want to be photographed sitting w/ my legs spread on a stool"? Or do you think they have to do what they are told as long as there is no actual nudity?

I don't think Kelli and Judy are unreasonable people, so I can't see them forcing a girl to pose a certain way if she was to say she was uncomfortable. I guess I just think it's more likely that a girl would be afraid to speak up, not just because of K&J but because of the entire photo shoot environment, being afraid of being labeled difficult (even though it's not), etc.

• Love 1

Again, I'm years late to the DCC party lol so people here may have already seen this...I stumbled upon it yesterday and thought it was really interesting! I didn't realize they use to have a dcc sisterhood newsletter! 

http://sodcc.org/DCC_Newsletter/Archive.html

Some of it is not that intriguing but there are a lot of pictures I'd not seen before (like the picture here from Kristen Gautier's wedding! http://sodcc.org/DCC_Newsletter/Entries/2011/4/8_April__May_First_%26_Goal.html)

12 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Who's the vet in the video other than Angela? I can't tell.

I'm thinking either Claire or Jennifer.  The video isn't the best so it's hard to tell.

(edited)

Danielle makes the most sense based on hair. I think that has to be who it is. The video is just so grainy and you never really see her face.

Edited by Oranaiche
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Whoa, Jenn K's arms look super creepy in pic 12 of that first set. She must be double jointed or something.

Things I've noticed from the second set:

Holly P looks knock-kneed in #20. Jennifer K looks sunburned in #25. Maybe the lighting?  What's with Megan's face in #30?

I know Megan is pretty and a great dancer  but she seems kind of like a stuck- up, mean girl to me. Just some of the faces she made on the show gave me that impression. I could be wrong;  IMHO.

Edited by MrsEVH

It might just be me (or maybe it's the angles), but I noticed some of the girls don't exactly fit their uniforms as well as K & J insist they should.  There was a little extra pudge on a few of them.  The main one I noticed was Caila (or at least a blond that looked a lot like her).  If that is indeed her, I think she's in trouble.  She needs to be losing the weight fast if she wants to stay on the squad.  I noticed at least one or two that there was a bit of "muffin top" and we've heard both J & K insist on amazing bodies for their precious uniforms.  Sorry.  I'm a bit snarky today.

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Things I've noticed from the second set:

Holly P looks knock-kneed in #20. Jennifer K looks sunburned in #25. Maybe the lighting?  What's with Megan's face in #30?

I know Megan is pretty and a great dancer  but she seems kind of like a stuck- up, mean girl to me. Just some of the faces she made on the show gave me that impression. I could be wrong;  IMHO.

Holly's turned in knees are the motion of the dance. Jenn's sunburn is stage lighting. 

I don't think Megan is mean girl looking (or acting), but she has a wider waist and gains thru the middle - i get it, I do the same, she's just not as busty and it doesn't balance as much, and not much you can do past a certain point to get leaner - but I hate that she is looking not so toned in the middle this close to auditions. She's as skilled technically, if not more than Erica, Holly, Melissa, etc. 

Holly A is the one surprising to me. She usually looks perfect, but her shorts look a size too small. Maybe she knows it's over and isn't being as strict as usual. All stars get slightly more Lee way, if she's planning to be one. I hope so. 

Another thing I've noticed in the TC pictures. The girls all look smaller busted (aka flat) with practice top (sports bra) and a lot more endowed in the DCC uniform.  Probably a combination of a good push up bra and that small tightly tied blouse..

Yeah it's definitely not Caila, she is not pictured. It is very surprising to me that Megan C looks so soft in her stomach area. And Jen K looks iffy in picture 13 but I don't see them cutting her. Megan doesn't look the greatest in the pictures

Caila is pictured in the first set of pictures which are from training camp summer of 2015. Honestly she looks the same to me in those as she does now. A little soft in the middle and with bigger legs than most of the other girls. But as it's been stated, she is a taller and larger framed girl.

(edited)

I didn't see Caila in any of the draft party pictures.  Again, like w/ the swimsuit show, I think Melissa is looking heavier than she was.   Megan C I agree is slightly softer in the middle or it could be a tight uniform - she carries her weight in the middle like someone above said, which is not a good thing for a DCC ;(.

How about Holly P sticking out her boobs (which look somewhat bigger than they were) in those couple pics?  Like goodness.  There was one on the DCC Twitter where her boobs look like they are in danger of popping out of her shirt if she sneezes as well.  Kelly will probably need to refit her top better if she makes it back (which I assume she will).

Jessica's body looks flawless in every single shot of her - even ones that look to be completely in motion and awkward her body somehow looks great.  She is so fit and well built - I'm so jealous.   

Lacey looks great too as always.   Amy T face is beautiful.

Edited by MyFavShows
Typo

Yuck, I think most of the pictures from draft day are terrible...as MyFaveShows said, Jessica is the only one where I was like, wow! she looks great! Well, Lacey, Holly Arielle and Jacie always look pretty too.  But most of the girls just look awkward and sometimes out of shape.  Is it the lighting that is so crappy or the angle??  

I don't think Holly is sticking out her boobs anymore than, say, Jenna (right in front of her) but I do think she needs less push up in her bra-- yikes! And man, I hate her hair.  It looks cute when she's not moving and it's style but when she dances it gets so flat.  I wish they'd try some extensions or something. 

I feel for Megan - she does put all her weight in her stomach and I have a feeling her genes are going to be working against her hardcore as the years go by. 

That picture of Holly with her knees turned in is so unattractive. A lot of the pictures they chose for the gallery are not attractive poses. Megan also does look heavy in #24. Some of those shorts are so short that the close up shots make them look like they have a camel toe. 

15 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yuck, I think most of the pictures from draft day are terrible...as MyFaveShows said, Jessica is the only one where I was like, wow! she looks great! Well, Lacey, Holly Arielle and Jacie always look pretty too.  But most of the girls just look awkward and sometimes out of shape.  Is it the lighting that is so crappy or the angle??  

I don't think Holly is sticking out her boobs anymore than, say, Jenna (right in front of her) but I do think she needs less push up in her bra-- yikes! And man, I hate her hair.  It looks cute when she's not moving and it's style but when she dances it gets so flat.  I wish they'd try some extensions or something. 

I feel for Megan - she does put all her weight in her stomach and I have a feeling her genes are going to be working against her hardcore as the years go by. 

Yeah they need to unpad Holly P's push-up bra ... it's not necessary and makes her look cheap / too aggressive!

Aikes Melissa, what happened to her?  Wasn't the swimsuit shoot literally just a couple weeks ago?  How did she go from swimsuit calendar ready to this?  Her face looked bloated and pudgier than before.  And that one shot made it look like she was heavily sucking it in.  Aikes - she definitely looks like the type that gains easily ... she would still be pretty as a heavier girl but she definitely has the potential (especially post baby) to gain big

8 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Looks like Ashley Pro and Nicole are in an upcoming country music video? At least as 'extras' lol ... couldn't tell from the clip if any other DCC girls were too: 

Full video came out a few days ago. Holly A, Kelsey Lauren, and Mia are also in it. I'm sure I missed someone but those are the ones I saw.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Yeah they need to unpad Holly P's push-up bra ... it's not necessary and makes her look cheap / too aggressive!

Aikes Melissa, what happened to her?  Wasn't the swimsuit shoot literally just a couple weeks ago?  How did she go from swimsuit calendar ready to this?  Her face looked bloated and pudgier than before.  And that one shot made it look like she was heavily sucking it in.  Aikes - she definitely looks like the type that gains easily ... she would still be pretty as a heavier girl but she definitely has the potential (especially post baby) to gain big

I think when you're moving, you don't always look your best. I always thought she looked a little thick, but the pictures definitely don't help. I certainly wouldn't come to the conclusion that she's out of shape or has gained a significant amount of weight based on stills of her dancing.

Did Erica perform at the draft event? I saw she signed autographs but there are no pics of her performing and she is usually a camera-favorite.  I also think it's weird she had ONE shot from the bikini fashion show and she has one of the best figures/faces on the squad. Are they mad at her or something? lol Maybe I just notice because she is my favorite. 

• Love 1

I agree that the draft day pics are terrible...on a whole. I'm kind of stunned at the number of ill -fitting shorts on display. Didn't these ladies just returned from their Mexican calendar shoot? Were too many margaritas & chips consumed or what? WOW, shocking! 

Jessica is stunning per usual.  No matter how awkward the move, she is always fresh & beautiful. Lacey, Jenn K & Janelle also take repeatedly lovely photographs. They are complete packages with fit, feminine figures & pretty faces/smiles. Their make-up & hair are soft & lovely.

Now for the bad and really, really bad. Amy;  Her face is beautiful but her figure, specifically from her waist down, does NOT fit the DCC uniform.  Her hips appear far to wide while her tummy is not toned. Upper legs are too heavy. Her blonde hair repeatedly appears flat &/or dirty. She needs layers or something but her figure for me doesn't fit the diaper-style shorts. Megan; what has happened to her weight?  She better get moving on dropping some lbs & firming up her tummy. She appears out of shape. Holly A; I can't get over her appearance.  She is definitely packing add'l pounds. Her mid-section shows she is basically "done & gone". Finally, rookie Holly; wow, horrible.  Her hair is hideous and what is with her expressions?  Her, I assume "sexy face" with pursed lips is utterly ridiculous.  She has always appeared matronly & "older" to me and unable to take a decent DCC-quality photo. She is a fantastic dancer but imo she is NOT DCC calibre because of her appearance. I give her credit for dropping extra lbs but her face,  hair, makeup,  expressions, masculine somewhat drag-like physique  (with those hard, round breasts) = ugh. 

I believe that a bunch of these women are "coasting" into try-outs.  They know how few veterans are returning & have become complacent. I'd personally clean house if I were K & J. Given these poor photos, I'm afraid to see what the trip to Mexico resulted in.  Pursed lips & flat hair not withstanding. 

BTW - I want to say that these women, on a whole are incredibly talented & stunning.  I despise sounding so critical.  Unfortunately the series is focused heavily on outward appearances.  I'm certain each woman is a wonderful person. I'm simply stating my opinion as I see these ladies with my own two eyes.

(edited)

I really don't get the criticism about Holly P's body/chest. IMO she has a great rack (does not look "hard" or fake to me at all) and her body is athletic but still feminine. I agree she sometimes makes faces that aren't the cutest, and I wish her neck was a little longer, but the other stuff not so much.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

I really don't get the criticism about Holly P's body/chest. IMO she has a great rack (does not look "hard" or fake to me at all) and her body is athletic but still feminine. I agree she sometimes makes faces that aren't the cutest, and I wish her neck was a little longer, but the other stuff not so much.

You and me, girl.  

• Love 1

Holly has a picture from like 2 years ago that's a head shot and her boobs look even bigger so maybe she had a reduction. I'm not sure. The girls are told to wear a certain push up bra to make the uniform fit better. It's not her fault she was blessed with naturally large boobs. I wish I had been blessed with boobs lol.

Jenn K (who I love!) always looks like she has one drooping eye ... not sure if it's the make-up.  She's pretty and very girl next door but when she wears make-up or takes pictures, her eyes always look weird to me.

Did Megan look out of shape?  I saw she had a roll but even skinny girls have rolls when twisting and turning (except Jinelle cause she has 0% body fat). 

Melissa was the one who I was most surprised at given they were literally JUST at the swimsuit shoot.  Her face was soft and pudgy and looked like that of a heavily overweight person (which she's not...yet??).

Holly's busty. No implants. Not much she can do, especially in that uniform, to look as small as Lacey or someone leaner on top. Now her facial expressions are over the top (showboating - look at ME!) - don't make me think she's much of a team player. Courtney Cook was the same. Not sure if they even realize they're doing it. Holly's hair is matronly. She needs a weave or something. It looks thin and fine, but the cut looks like a soccer mom. 

As for so many looking out of shape, like their shorts do fit - some of it is just motion - flesh moves. Megan is just slightly wider and caught in bad angles. 

Holly A, somewhat the same situation, not wider waist but movement and angles, but girl does look like she's done and has backed off the hardcore workouts and dieting. She's slightly softer but still looks like Barbie. They need to adjust her shorts if she's going to be an all star and she'll be fine.

Jenn K - y'all  just all shut up about her not photographing perfectly so she isn't knocked out of being point. Hush ya mouths right now. She's gorgeous. She's just so personable and approachable, plus an amazing dancer. 

Jessica does look perfect. Jenna looks fine. Amy T looks fine to me. Bigger on the bottom than most now, but dayum. She's not jiggling or hanging anywhere.  Lacey - love her, but she's the one who is looking too boyish slim to me. Give her a sammich.

Melissa - she's one who struggles with the appearance of weight gain. She has a rounder face and that odd muscular build like Pink the singer. Any bit of gain shows and to much toning looks odd and manly. I wonder if she'll stay for 5 or get tired of fighting her body.

I think some of them diet so much before the calendar, that the second they're finished, they 'balloon'. They're body reacts to the dehydration and lack of calories by trying to conserve everything, which makes them pack it on in their trouble spots - body says 'yay, calories, let's keep these where they're hardest to get rid of'.

i seriously think they need to revise the shorts slightly higher to fix the problem. Higher waists are in again anyway. 

(edited)

Jenn K (who I love!) always looks like she has one drooping eye ... not sure if it's the make-up.  She's pretty and very girl next door but when she wears make-up or takes pictures, her eyes always look weird to me.

YES. I have been trying to figure out why I don't care for her look. It's the eyes. And her smile is a bit crooked. I know many people would like to see her at the front of the triangle, but since that's one of the most photographed positions on the team, I would put someone else there.

i seriously think they need to revise the shorts slightly higher to fix the problem. Higher waists are in again anyway. 

Totally agree. It comes across as some weird point of pride that those shorts are so unflattering, like "oooh, you can't put just anyone in those shorts and have them look good. It's one of the things that are so special about the DCC." I don't know where I got this, but I definitely have the impression that Kelli thinks changing the cut of those shorts would somehow be lowering their standards. Like maybe a girl with a tummy might accidentally make the team if the waistband was an inch higher and the inseam an inch longer.

Edited by sleepyjean

YES to the shorts being altered! They seriously look like diapers these days and don't look AMAZINGGGG on anyone, even sticks like Lacey and Jinelle.  Just a slightly higher waist would help so much.  But I agree that it's almost a matter of pride these days more than anything else that 2 out of every 34 women can wear them without it making it look like a muffin top. 

Agree to their bodies freaking out after the calendar trip. Shoot, the cut food out for like 2 weeks to drink those ridiculous juices so of course their bodies hang on to ANY extra calories when they get back.  Can they not hire a REAL nutritionist to work with these girls? To show them how to eat all year long so that when they have a crunch time it's just a matter of tweaking their diet rather than totally revamping it? 

I don't think Erica performed unless she was in show group, it looked like those were the girls who were actually performing.

Wow, that's a big honor to be in that small of a group performing on tv. I didn't think she looked that great at the draft but my opinion is not relevant to Kelli and Judy.

2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

How does Sam Finglass look in the shorts? That will determine if they change the cut. 

image.jpeg

LoL ... I don't think that's happening

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Eric is in show group, that's why I'm so confused why she has barely been shown lately. :( 

Is she a good dancer?  She is most definitely beautiful in the more traditional definition of beauty

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Megan looks great. She was barely featured, but my favorite rookie last year. Girl has skill, and she's stunning.

Agree she's a great dancer and very pretty in a more unique way (or maybe I just think it's unique because of her darker skin color and dark hair?)

Sigh, speaking of which, I wish Mary was coming back. 

32 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Wow, that's a big honor to be in that small of a group performing on tv. I didn't think she looked that great at the draft but my opinion is not relevant to Kelli and Judy.

Yeah ... they're also running out of people to showcase.

Jenn is definitely getting point!

11 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

LoL ... I don't think that's happening

Is she a good dancer?  She is most definitely beautiful in the more traditional definition of beauty

Agree she's a great dancer and very pretty in a more unique way (or maybe I just think it's unique because of her darker skin color and dark hair?)

Sigh, speaking of which, I wish Mary was coming back. 

Yeah ... they're also running out of people to showcase.

Jenn is definitely getting point!

Yeah, Erica (oops, just realized I wrote "Eric" before LOL) is one of the best dancers on the squad! She's been singled out both years by Kelli on the show for her audition solo (even if her hair supposedly 'sucked' the first year).  She went overseas with SG at Christmas this past year too. 

Maybe Erica has prior commitments that wouldn't make her available for dancing? I'm grasping at straws here lol

After watching those solos someone posted a few weeks ago I actually think Erica is a much better dancer than Melissa.   Melissa impressed me the least when I actually saw that red and black dance they feature so much on MTT - it was really a one trick after another solo that you frequently see 10 year olds doing at dance comps.  Erica's dirty Diana solo looked like something a well trained professional dancer would do, while Melissa's did not.

• Love 2