Type keyword(s) to search

A Million Little Things In The Media

• Start Topic

ABC has officially picked it up!

ABC is counting on A Million Little Things to beef up its slate in the 2018-19 TV season.

The Alphabet network on Wednesday gave a series order to the aforementioned drama, which follows a group of friends from Boston who bonded under unexpected circumstances. “Some have achieved success, others are struggling in their careers and relationships, but all of them feel stuck in life,” reads the synopsis. “After one of them dies unexpectedly, it’s just the wake-up call the others need to finally start living. Along the way they discover that friends may be the one thing to save them from themselves.”

Written and exec-produced by DJ Nash, the series boasts an ensemble that includes David Giuntoli, Ron Livingston, Romany Malco, Allison Miller, Christina Moses, Christina Ochoa, James Roday, Stephanie Szostak and Lizzy Greene.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Double Yikes!

Ratings for the second episode sees a significant drop.

That is definitely not good for the show getting a second season.

I know...I keep hoping this show will get its act together, but that will be all for naught if they lose their audience.

However, ABC did renew  For the People, which had much lower ratings and a much better timeslot,  so I guess anything is possible.

I came across this article while scrolling through my FB feed.  It has some minor spoilers, so be aware.

Two things jumped out at me. First of all, they said that they had to sacrifice Katherine a bit in the first episode so that we "wouldn't hate Eddie so much."  Can I just say I think they failed in their attempt there?

Secondly, Jon commits suicide on October 12.  However, in the pilot, the church where his memorial is held is set up for Lent (shrouded crucifixes, purple altar cloths)...and Lent, depending on the year, can start as early as mid-February and end as late as mid-April.  So...I'm confused...

• Love 1
3 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I came across this article while scrolling through my FB feed.  It has some minor spoilers, so be aware.

Two things jumped out at me. First of all, they said that they had to sacrifice Katherine a bit in the first episode so that we "wouldn't hate Eddie so much."  Can I just say I think they failed in their attempt there?

Secondly, Jon commits suicide on October 12.  However, in the pilot, the church where his memorial is held is set up for Lent (shrouded crucifixes, purple altar cloths)...and Lent, depending on the year, can start as early as mid-February and end as late as mid-April.  So...I'm confused...

Thanks for posting this. It is ridiculous that they thought the best way to make us not hate Eddie in the pilot was to sacrifice Katherine. There were so many others options. For starters they could have not had his first scene be bitching to his mistress or maybe they could have not ended the episode with him proclaiming is love for his best friends widow. 

Edited by Guest

Another article from my FB feed, a TV Line interview with David Giuntoli.

Honestly nothing too interesting here EXCEPT the revelation that they are considering 1 episode=1 day.  So, Jon's funeral was in episode 1, the daddy-daughter dance was the next day (which we already knew), and Gary's birthday is the day after that.  Are they honestly going to keep that up?  I mean, pretty soon they'll have to have an episode of everyone doing laundry or something like that.  Heck, by the time the season ends, we might have only spent 2-3 weeks with these people!

ETA: There are some mild spoilers in the article.  Nothing that you wouldn't already know if you've read the press releases, but be warned if you want to stay unspoiled.

Edited by HazelEyes4325
  • Love 1

There was some discussion about the script order in the Cast thread.  Since that actually isn't a cast topic, I thought I'd move it over here.  First off, this is a bit on the script order:

‘A Million Little Things’, ‘The Rookie’, ‘The Kids Are Alright’ & ‘Splitting Up Together’ Get Orders For 3 More Scripts From ABC

It is one of those things that sounds like good news but probably isn't.  First of all, they didn't order new *episodes* but rather new *scripts.*  From what I understand, that is done to keep the writers' room intact while the network decides whether or not to give the shows a full season.  Frequently, shows that get script orders do NOT get renewed or even full season orders.  Of the 4 shows, AMLT is not the one I'd put my money on to make it through this (I'd probably put it on The Rookie, not because it is especially good, but because the ratings are stronger).  For a show like AMLT that was so heavily marketed, the fact that a full season order hasn't come yet is almost a death notice.  Now, I guess the argument could be made that it will be a half-season show, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  But I doubt it.  

At this point, I just don't think ABC has much confidence in this show.  It gets viewers, but usually in the +7/+10 ratings, which means people are DVRing and watching it later (and I'm not sure how Hulu works into that).  That is actually not good because people who DVR and watch later tend to FF through commercials.  The aim of broadcast shows is to bring in advertising dollars, and you don't do that when people aren't watching the commercials (which I think is another reason why I prefer premium/streaming shows, but that's another story). 10 pm is really a crappy time slot and I think that if ABC really wanted to make AMLT work, they would move it on the schedule, which they haven't.

So, no, the show isn't dead yet.  But I think it is on life support.  I just hope that decisions are made in time for the actors to get in on the next pilot season...and I know at least one actor who would probably prefer to be in LA and not Vancouver in February for personal reasons, so it might not be *completely* bad news for everyone.

Edited by HazelEyes4325
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

At this point, I just don't think ABC has much confidence in this show.  It gets viewers, but usually in the +7/+10 ratings, which means people are DVRing and watching it later (and I'm not sure how Hulu works into that).  That is actually not good because people who DVR and watch later tend to FF through commercials.  The aim of broadcast shows is to bring in advertising dollars, and you don't do that when people aren't watching the commercials (which I think is another reason why I prefer premium/streaming shows, but that's another story). 10 pm is really a crappy time slot and I think that if ABC really wanted to make AMLT work, they would move it on the schedule, which they haven't.

I do think it's on the bubble but them picking up three additional scripts at least means that they are hoping that the show can get more viewers.

I definitely don't see this show being renewed. However, I do believe ABC is still hoping for the best, hence the scripts. If they didn't have some positive feelings toward AMLT, they wouldn't have bothered getting the scripts. So, the prognosis, like you said, isn't good but it's not on death's door yet.

• Love 2

I was scrolling through SpoilerTV on my phone and came across an article saying that the official SM account for this show had tweeted out that it got a full season pick up...and then deleted the tweet.  Make of that what you will.

(I'd post a link to the article, but I'm on my computer at the moment and SpoilerTV is so ad-heavy that it stalls out my browser.  However, you can easily find the article there.  Right now, it is on the first page).

1 hour ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I was scrolling through SpoilerTV on my phone and came across an article saying that the official SM account for this show had tweeted out that it got a full season pick up...and then deleted the tweet.  Make of that what you will.

(I'd post a link to the article, but I'm on my computer at the moment and SpoilerTV is so ad-heavy that it stalls out my browser.  However, you can easily find the article there.  Right now, it is on the first page).

I posted the link to the now-deleted tweet in the spoiler thread since I wasn't sure where the best place to post it would be.

All I have to say is they better not October Road this show.  A couple of my friends and I are still mad about that.  And now any show we get into that gets cancelled without resolution just reopens the wound.  

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

I am glad this show has a full season. It is not perfect but not as bad to me as it is to other posters.

I know it sounds like I hate this show, but it is more like there are things in the show I really hate.  I would love to see this show gets its act together, and I think that is actually do-able.  Hopefully, a full season will give it time to do that and find its footing.  Who knows, maybe ABC will even move it to a decent time slot?

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I...really don't like this article.  It sounds like we're full steam ahead on the Eddie/Delilah debacle.  Sigh...

A Million Little Things: Eddie and Delilah's New Secret Will Test Eddie's Sobriety

I adore David Giuntoli, but I think I need to stop reading his interviews. They only make me more regretful for watching this series. 

Plus, he keeps talking about Eddie's alcoholism, which I'm not quite sure why that's such a defining trait of Eddie's. Maybe David REALLY wants Eddie to relapse. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I adore David Giuntoli, but I think I need to stop reading his interviews. They only make me more regretful for watching this series. 

Plus, he keeps talking about Eddie's alcoholism, which I'm not quite sure why that's such a defining trait of Eddie's. Maybe David REALLY wants Eddie to relapse. 

Well, playing a relapsed alcoholic is one of those juicy roles, so maybe?  

As for the defining trait, I don't think it should be his alcoholism.  At least that shouldn't be his *only* redeeming trait.  People like Eddie, who reach their 30s or so without actually growing up usually have one hell of a backstory.  That would be a great thing for them to expand upon.  Also, Eddie is a manchild, but that isn't a bad thing in terms of the story.  Explore THAT.  The show actually has a starting point for this guy to move on.  THAT is what they should be doing, not whatever the hell it is they are doing now.

59 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I...really don't like this article.  It sounds like we're full steam ahead on the Eddie/Delilah debacle.  Sigh...

A Million Little Things: Eddie and Delilah's New Secret Will Test Eddie's Sobriety

Nothing in that article makes me want to continue watching. It’s confirmation that they are going forward with everything I do not want to see. The Eddie/Delilah story is going to destroy this show. 

Here's some good* news!

‘A Million Little Things’ Nabs Biggest Live+7 Viewership Percent Lift Of Season

I feel like there are a few qualifications here:

1 - This is through the 4th episode.  I've seen, anecdotally, a number of people (both here and in other areas of the interwebz) say that they are dropping the show after the 5th or 6th episode

2 - While these numbers are great, they have a dark side.  This is basically viewers watching it on the DVR up to a week later.  People who watch on their DVR tend to skip through commercials, which hurts the ad buy rate, which is the biggest factor in how a network determines if a show is worth continuing.

At this point, my guess is that there is a good chance for a season 2, but I'm a little wary of the staying power of this show beyond that.

Edited by HazelEyes4325
1 hour ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Here's some good* news!

‘A Million Little Things’ Nabs Biggest Live+7 Viewership Percent Lift Of Season

I feel like there are a few qualifications here:

1 - This is through the 4th episode.  I've seen, anecdotally, a number of people (both here and in other areas of the interwebz) say that they are dropping the show after the 5th or 6th episode

2 - While these numbers are great, they have a dark side.  This is basically viewers watching it on the DVR up to a week later.  People who watch on their DVR tend to skip through commercials, which hurts the ad buy rate, which is the biggest factor in how a network determines if a show is worth continuing.

At this point, my guess is that there is a good chance for a season 2, but I'm a little wary of the staying power of this show beyond that.

I am curious to see how long of a holiday break it takes. Right now the overnight ratings are steady and the dvr numbers are good but if the next few months are handle poorly in could kill interest. 

Tomorrows episode is the last one with a scheduled air date. Next week is the CMA’s and the week after is Thanksgiving. The quality of the next episode and the length of the break could be a turning point for the show. 

21 minutes ago, Dani said:

I am curious to see how long of a holiday break it takes. Right now the overnight ratings are steady and the dvr numbers are good but if the next few months are handle poorly in could kill interest. 

Tomorrows episode is the last one with a scheduled air date. Next week is the CMA’s and the week after is Thanksgiving. The quality of the next episode and the length of the break could be a turning point for the show. 

My guess is that, with 17 episodes, it will be a rather long winter hiatus.  Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D would run 22 episodes and still take 3 months off (which is part of the reason I quit watching it during the year...), so ABC does have a history of that.

On the other hand, last year This is Us, which I believe runs 18 episodes, took a comparably short hiatus and then ended its season early in the TV year for Rise to take over (which was supposed to be the hit of the season but ended up flopping). 

I'll be interested to see what happens.  The problem with a long hiatus is that it totally fucks up the momentum of the show, but that might not be as big a problem with a show like this versus AoS.  On the other hand, a long hiatus does give the show time to re-tool.  I can also see a long filming break as David Giuntoli's first child is due in February and I'm sure he'd rather be at home in LA during that time and I don't see how they can write Eddie out for a while.  I mean, who would Delilah manipulate? (oh, that's right...EVERYONE!)

Edited by HazelEyes4325

I didn't realize it wasn't on for 2 weeks. A lot going on then though:

After its short break, A Million Little Things will be back on Nov. 28 with the brand new episode "Fight or Flight." According to the episode synopsis from the press site, it's going to be quite the drama fest.

"Recurring nightmares force Maggie to face a life-altering trauma from her past, while in real life, the group finally discovers that her cancer is back. Gary seeks help from an unexpected someone in order to make one final attempt at convincing Maggie to get treatment, but everything comes to a head at Regina and Delilah’s first tasting party at the new restaurant, leaving this circle of friends to wonder if things will ever be the same."

The episode press release also notes that Sam Huntington and Henderson Wade will gust star. Huntington plays Tom, Maggie's ex-boyfriend — so perhaps Maggie's life-altering trauma has something to do with him. Wade, meanwhile, plays Hunter, the hot lawyer from Katherine's firm and her new love interest.

After its Nov. 28 episode, there are two more before its midseason finale, and then fans will be in for a long wait for the remaining seven episodes. In one or more of those, Constance Zimmer's secret character will make her return after she was last seen for a split second at Jon's funeral. It's likely that she'll turn out to be the mysterious Barbara Morgan from Jon's life insurance policy.

Edited by debraran
3 hours ago, debraran said:

I didn't realize it wasn't on for 2 weeks. A lot going on then though:

After its short break, A Million Little Things will be back on Nov. 28 with the brand new episode "Fight or Flight." According to the episode synopsis from the press site, it's going to be quite the drama fest.

"Recurring nightmares force Maggie to face a life-altering trauma from her past, while in real life, the group finally discovers that her cancer is back. Gary seeks help from an unexpected someone in order to make one final attempt at convincing Maggie to get treatment, but everything comes to a head at Regina and Delilah’s first tasting party at the new restaurant, leaving this circle of friends to wonder if things will ever be the same."

The episode press release also notes that Sam Huntington and Henderson Wade will gust star. Huntington plays Tom, Maggie's ex-boyfriend — so perhaps Maggie's life-altering trauma has something to do with him. Wade, meanwhile, plays Hunter, the hot lawyer from Katherine's firm and her new love interest.

After its Nov. 28 episode, there are two more before its midseason finale, and then fans will be in for a long wait for the remaining seven episodes. In one or more of those, Constance Zimmer's secret character will make her return after she was last seen for a split second at Jon's funeral. It's likely that she'll turn out to be the mysterious Barbara Morgan from Jon's life insurance policy.

My guess is that Tom is going to be the unexpected person Gary wants to help him convince Maggie to get treatment. It is the most predictable way for the show to go and who doesn’t want to see more men try to convince her. I hope I’m wrong but I really doubt it at this point. 

I think I’m going to read here before decide if I am going to watch the next episode. There is nothing in the episode description that interests me except for Katherine and she will probably barely be in it. 

Hey, look...an interview with David Giuntoli that DOESN'T make you want to quit watching this show!

An Emotional Man

It isn't the deepest of interviews, but something did make me think.  He said that he thought that the pilot script was incredibly "important," which is why he wanted to do the show.  Thinking about that...yeah, the pilot did seem important.  In fact, the first 3 episodes seemed "important."  Then it went off the tracks.  If I were him, I might be feeling a little like I was the victim of a bait and switch right about now.  Everything that was so important about this show has pretty much been kicked to the curb by now.

On 11/1/2018 at 11:20 PM, HazelEyes4325 said:

Late to the game, but I decided to read this interview and this line:

Eddie loves Delilah. She was there for him when other people were not. She was there for him when Katherine wouldn't be. She was a fan in his corner, someone who would root for him when really no one else was doing that actively, certainly not Katherine. So it kind of pushed them together, and he very much loves Delilah.

Had me screaming this :  "When?  When was this?  When did we see this?  How did we know any of this?  Show me the scenes!!"

at my computer.

It especially cracks me up because the one scene they actually show of someone in his corner, literally being a fan and cheering for him is.... Katherine!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

Late to the game, but I decided to read this interview and this line:

Had me screaming this :  "When?  When was this?  When did we see this?  How did we know any of this?  Show me the scenes!!"

at my computer.

It especially cracks me up because the one scene they actually show of someone in his corner, literally being a fan and cheering for him is.... Katherine!

I really hope that they play it out that Eddie is just delusional.  I mean, yeah, when has Delilah really ever been there for him?  In the back of her Prius?  In the hotel room?  That's not a relationship, that's a hookup and the fact that *Eddie* thinks it is otherwise shows how emotionally immature he actually is.

ETA:  I have to remind myself who is actually talking in these interviews.  The actors are given a list of talking points to stick to by the showrunner, so this is DJ Nash, not David Giuntoli talking.  The interesting part is that David Giuntoli--how should I put this?--has a history of not always sticking to the talking points.  This show is still in its infancy, but if it reaches toddlerhood on its current trajectory, we might hear something a little different from him (or possibly nothing at all if he's pulled from the PR side of things).

Edited by HazelEyes4325
  • Love 2

Facebook continues to deliver strange AMLT articles to me!  This one, an interview with Szostak, popped up in my feed;

https://nypost.com/2018/12/04/million-little-things-star-wins-the-crying-game/

Two things popped out at me.  First, she's still insisting she's 43, which is just mathematically impossible (we went to the same school at roughly the same time.  She's 47-48 and I have the yearbooks that show that).  Secondly, there was this line, which kind of made my blood boil:

“Delilah and Eddie are two characters the fans have a hard time understanding and forgiving,” she says.

One of the reasons I quit watching TIU is because the creative team (Fogelman and actors) would respond to any criticism with "the fans just don't understand."  Um, no.  That's not how this works.  And this statement sounds far too similar to me.  If the viewers "don't understand" that is actually the fault of the writing and acting, not any deficiency on our part.  Oh, and guess what, I feel like Eddie is a pretty easy character to understand.  Maybe he's hard to like, but he's easy to understand.  So it's just Delilah.  And that's on Nash and Szostak, not the fans.

Edited by HazelEyes4325
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Facebook continues to deliver strange AMLT articles to me!  This one, an interview with Szostak, popped up in my feed;

https://nypost.com/2018/12/04/million-little-things-star-wins-the-crying-game/

Two things popped out at me.  First, she's still insisting she's 43, which is just mathematically impossible (we went to the same school at roughly the same time.  She's 47-48 and I have the yearbooks that show that).  Secondly, there was this line, which kind of made my blood boil:

One of the reasons I quit watching TIU is because the creative team (Fogelman and actors) would respond to any criticism with "the fans just don't understand."  Um, no.  That's not how this works.  And this statement sounds far too similar to me.  If the viewers "don't understand" that is actually the fault of the writing and acting, not any deficiency on our part.  Oh, and guess what, I feel like Eddie is a pretty easy character to understand.  Maybe he's hard to like, but he's easy to understand.  So it's just Delilah.  And that's on Nash and Szostak, not the fans.

What makes my blood boil isn't even that line. It's the last line of the article:

“We all make mistakes. I feel for Delilah.”

A mistake? A MISTAKE?! Sleeping with Eddie once might be a mistake. Sleeping with him more than once is a pattern. At least David Giuntoli can admit that Eddie's an ass who happened to fall in love with Delilah but that he's still in the wrong. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

What makes my blood boil isn't even that line. It's the last line of the article:

A mistake? A MISTAKE?! Sleeping with Eddie once might be a mistake. Sleeping with him more than once is a pattern. At least David Giuntoli can admit that Eddie's an ass who happened to fall in love with Delilah but that he's still in the wrong. 

Yeah, it's like that all "oops, it was a mistake" is some secret code word that will erase any wrong doing.  Nope nope nope. (I'm trying really hard to remember that Szostak is saying what she is told to say, but this is NOT helping my already negative feelings towards her.)

Edited by HazelEyes4325
On 12/5/2018 at 12:31 AM, HazelEyes4325 said:

First, she's still insisting she's 43, which is just mathematically impossible (we went to the same school at roughly the same time.  She's 47-48 and I have the yearbooks that show that). 

I was thinking of your original comment about her age in the scene where they showed her hands last night... she has very "old" looking hands!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I was thinking of your original comment about her age in the scene where they showed her hands last night... she has very "old" looking hands!

You were not the only one!  Those are not 43-year-old hands!

I was complaining about the fucked up nature of time in this show, so I guess it is apropos that it features an actress who started college, possibly at 18 but probably 19 years old, in August 1990 and is 43 years old in 2018.  Sigh...

This all sort of reminds me of a bit from the first season of Younger where the comment is made that we (women) don't age in a linear fashion.  We can look younger than our years for a while and then age 5 years overnight.  I don't think that's quite realistic, but there is a point.  Obviously, Szostak isn't the only actress around fibbing about her age, but she's the only one I can think of who can very clearly NOT pull off the age she claims to be...and that's only going to get worse.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

You were not the only one!  Those are not 43-year-old hands!

I was complaining about the fucked up nature of time in this show, so I guess it is apropos that it features an actress who started college, possibly at 18 but probably 19 years old, in August 1990 and is 43 years old in 2018.  Sigh...

This all sort of reminds me of a bit from the first season of Younger where the comment is made that we (women) don't age in a linear fashion.  We can look younger than our years for a while and then age 5 years overnight.  I don't think that's quite realistic, but there is a point.  Obviously, Szostak isn't the only actress around fibbing about her age, but she's the only one I can think of who can very clearly NOT pull off the age she claims to be...and that's only going to get worse.

It is more pronounced because she is working with two actress who are 40 and 44 but look at least a decade younger than her. I just cannot buy that Grace Park is a year older than Szostak. 

On 12/6/2018 at 9:00 PM, Dani said:

It is more pronounced because she is working with two actress who are 40 and 44 but look at least a decade younger than her. I just cannot buy that Grace Park is a year older than Szostak. 

I could believe it, because she's a year older than me, too, and she's gorgeous - she looks a hell of a lot better than I do. 

I can't believe that Romany Malco is 50! He looks a lot better than me, too. Crikey.

Edited by Anela

@Dani mentioned this Bustle article in the 01.08 thread and, since it sounded interesting, I looked it up.

The 'Million Little Things' Abortion Plot Line Relied On Some Dangerous Stereotypes About A Common Procedure

It's interesting and brings up a number of things I had never considered.  But it doesn't change my feeling that the worst part about this whole thing is the fact that Delilah is pregnant in the first place and how it is a reflection of how Nash must think women are morons.

Also, Bustle seems to be obsessed with this show...man they have a lot of articles about it!

Edited by HazelEyes4325
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Probably the best possible news for this show:  When it comes back from its winter hiatus, AMLT will be on Thursdays at 9pm, after Grey's Anatomy.   Wednesdays at 10 were a shit time slot, so hopefully this will boost it a bit.

Damn, they couldn’t have asked for a better spot. I could be the perfect timing if the quality keeps improving to get a ratings boost. 

24 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Probably the best possible news for this show:  When it comes back from its winter hiatus, AMLT will be on Thursdays at 9pm, after Grey's Anatomy.   Wednesdays at 10 were a shit time slot, so hopefully this will boost it a bit.

This is going to boost the numbers quite a bit. Maybe not to the 5 million mark, but it'll be higher than it is in the worst timeslot I think on any network (10pm slots are always rough; Wednesdays at 10pm are pretty dead). 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

This is going to boost the numbers quite a bit. Maybe not to the 5 million mark, but it'll be higher than it is in the worst timeslot I think on any network (10pm slots are always rough; Wednesdays at 10pm are pretty dead). 

Of course, this now means that every broadcast show I watch will be on Thursday (Until Whiskey Cavalier shows up...in AMLT's old timeslot).

• Love 1

Not sure if anyone has seen this media article or not: https://tvline.com/2018/12/12/a-million-little-things-recap-season-1-episode-10-christmas-wishlist/ and there was one thing that stuck out to me in this article. This is from the show's creator, DJ Nash.

The actor, Allison [Miller], who plays Maggie — I told her this yesterday. I said, “When I wake up at 5 am and have to watch a cut… there’s always a point where I just well up with tears at how you’re playing the humanity of Maggie.” It’s truly beautiful. I have lost many family members and a few friends to cancer, and the journey that Gary and Maggie go on ends in heartbreak.

It's not sounding too good to me and I hope he's not implying what I think he's implying.

Edited by Shorty2007

I need to stop reading press because it is such crap that it pisses me off. They just keep piling on more and more and resolving nothing. 

Like I said in another post I don’t mind unlikeable characters when it is deliberate. Delilah is a problem because they are not even aware that she is a problem. 

Edited by Guest
On 12/12/2018 at 3:00 PM, HazelEyes4325 said:

That is a good spot. So her show about the firemen must have failed, unless it only got thirteen episodes.

5 hours ago, Shorty2007 said:

Not sure if anyone has seen this media article or not: https://tvline.com/2018/12/12/a-million-little-things-recap-season-1-episode-10-christmas-wishlist/ and there was one thing that stuck out to me in this article. This is from the show's creator, DJ Nash.

It's not sounding too good to me and I hope he's not implying what I think he's implying.

Oh, bugger. I was just saying in the other thread, that I didn't think they would do that, but what am I saying? This is primetime TV, promising tears every week (tears that I do not want to shed over fictional characters, that often). I think I'm going to have to read spoilers, and not watch it all when it comes back. I can't take that much fictional grief - I still have my own REAL grief to deal with. 

6 hours ago, Anela said:

That is a good spot. So her show about the firemen must have failed, unless it only got thirteen episodes.

Station 19 actually got picked up for a full 22 episode season, so it'll return in March, after AMLT. I think it's more that ABC really seems to want this show to succeed, and they didn't want to put a new midseason show in a good timeslot like that. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Station 19 actually got picked up for a full 22 episode season, so it'll return in March, after AMLT. I think it's more that ABC really seems to want this show to succeed, and they didn't want to put a new midseason show in a good timeslot like that. 

How To Get Away With Murder usually ends in February or March. How many episodes does AMLT have? I will google.

2 minutes ago, Anela said:

How To Get Away With Murder usually ends in February or March. How many episodes does AMLT have? I will google.

AMLT has 7 episodes left and will end in mid-March, at which point Station 19 will come back.  

This move is interesting--I think, overall, it is positive.  But, if the ratings don't' improve enough, or if HTGAWM's ratings fall (more than expected), it is a death sentence for this show.  

• Love 2