Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Enemy Bag of Tricks

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Another good episode. Roman is a piece of work. He is pretty unredeemable at this point. That poor guy he killed...the actor looked familiar.

Patterson was being such a bitch to Stuart. I'm glad that she apologized but why the hell did they have to kill him off? I was enjoying his character. 

Divya from Royal Pains is Reade's new girlfriend? It seemed like from the wedding scenes last week that he had a thing with Zapata. 

• Love 1

Too bad for Stuart but he was expendable. This episode had too many clashes of authority (Patterson/Stuart or Weller/Reade). 

Reade's girlfriend is really secure with herself handling Zapata's arrival and a big tipper too.

• Love 1

I know. I was wondering when they would address what happened between the two of them. I'm guessing it has to do with Zapata and the CIA. I guess we will be subjected to a lot of awkward scenes with her and new girlfriend.

They totally made the millionaire dude Australian just so they can finally let Luke Mitchell use his normal accent, right?  Felt bad for the guy and it was fun seeing Daniel Lissing again, who I always know best for Last Resort (but also enjoyed as Jesse James in Timeless.)

Reade's new girlfriend/Divya from Royal Pains is totally going to be a spy of some kind, right?  Either way, I doubt it will last since it seems like the show is back to making Reade and Zapata more then just friends.

Didn't really get enough of Stuart to get that worked up over his death and it was especially hard to care about Patterson's reaction, since she was such a jerk to him for the majority of their scenes.  I usually like her, but she was kind of a jackass in a lot of this.

Really don't care about Jane and Weller's domestic life and relationship.

So, they're really doing another "We have a traitor in our mist!" storyline?

• Love 2

I suppose this is covered by the time gap and possibly explained by the events of last season's finale but now all of a sudden the US has a missile shield? I wish they had hung a lampshade on that by having a character say "sure would've been nice to have that a couple of years ago!"

In other developments we shouldn't pay too close of attention to, Roman has plotted out Jane's tattoos in exact and specific order. So he somehow knew about this secret satellite network, knew exactly when to make his move and knew the FBI could put the puzzle pieces together in time. This was always a concept in the show that didn't stand up on examination (and indeed they gave up on it a few episodes into the first season) but the show is doubling down. I'd make a drinking game out of every time something about this plot didn't make sense but we'd all die of alcohol poisoning.

Patterson certainly was being a royal wenchbag to Stuart. Maybe he doesn't run the lab the way she does and maybe he over-explains things a bit but the lab got along just fine for a couple of years without Patterson there to make sure the feng shui was just so. And now Stuart is dead and Patterson is going to have to deal with the additional guilt of having interrupted him before he could solve the puzzle that got him killed.

However, at least Patterson now packs heat wherever she goes. I'm glad she's figured out the value in that. Now if she'll find the value in calling for backup before going in alone...

The idea that North Korea is just waiting for a chance to nuke the shit out of California is kind of silly too. Before that first missile finished clearing the silo a Boomer somewhere in the Pacific Ocean would be turning Pyongyang into a cloud of greasy ash. The United States wouldn't fall because California got nuked. North Korea would though.

11 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Felt bad for the guy and it was fun seeing Daniel Lissing again, who I always know best for Last Resort (but also enjoyed as Jesse James in Timeless.)

Thank you! He looked so familiar but I could not place him.

Well, I loved the unexpected comic relief the two ProTechSat people brought to the episode - even better was that it worked as the perfect distraction for one of them being a traitor. I also loved everyone screwing with the name of Patterson's app: Elfville, Elftown - and her deep annoyance: Wizardville! Speaking of Patterson: damn girl, you really were tough on poor Stuart. That guilt-trip coming your way is well-deserved (incl. having to deal even more with Rich from now on - that'll be your penance).

I enjoy twisted Roman - redemption might be out of the window for good but Luke Mitchell still manages to make me feel the occasional twinge of sympathy.

Of course the tattoo-plot makes little to no sense once you start thinking about it too hard - it was like that from the beginning. But who cares - the show seems to be back with a vengeance and a good portion of humor to boot.

The whole premise of the tattoos was that perpetrators of these events had no idea that they were exposed / vulnerable...Who killed Stuart then??? Roman could not know that Stuart was solving a different puzzle...how would the bad guys know??? Another FBI mole plot??? 

Did Jane turn around on how she feels about Weller? She seemed all happy with him this episode. Maybe coming clean about the KnR facilitated that?

Roman... I don't know how I feel about it all. The actor really is awesome - makes me believe every word he says. I really did hate that he killed that guy tho.

Patterson... Damn girl, you were tough with Stuart... And who killed him?

Who is the mole?

So I'm watching this on Hulu and I'm really not even sure why; also apologies for resurrecting a dead thread.  This show is so dumb.  It's really, really dumb.  But it's fun so that's okay.  However, I did get slightly frustrated when they explained the missile shield and didn't simply say "Yeah, it's basic Ronald Reagan's SDI.  You know, Star Wars?  That whole thing?".  It felt like whoever wrote this episode watched the same episode of Cold War Armageddon on History Channel that I did.  Also, I just love how they hide Sullivan Stapleton's Aussie accent by having him talk.  In short. Declarative.  Sentences.  And I want to fix his janky bottom teeth.  Lastly, Roman's scar is missing.  Has anyone put an APB out for it?

• Love 1

Oh show. Magnetite is just a form of Ironoxide. It is the most magnetic naturally accuring mineral on earth and can be made into permanent magnets, but those certainly aren't the strongest magnets we can make. neodynium magnets are much stronger and even those likely wouldn't have pulled the metal filings from such a distance and at such odd angles.