Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Day 5: Back To Ones and S01:E06: Down Day

Day 5: Back to Ones

As the investigation continues and Jane’s suspicions grow, she’s more determined than ever to do anything to get her daughter back, including changing every detail of her show’s series finale. Meanwhile, a guilt-stricken Pete inadvertently pushes Tom toward writing a career-making story.

Day 6: Down Day

Jane and Ali get a surprise phone call about who has Lake, but when the call is abruptly cut short, Jane has no way of tracing the call without going to the police.  However, the only cop she is willing to trust is Gus, so she needs to find him – fast.

One thread to unite them! 

2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I wonder why they even bother to wait. Why not just put it online now. It's not like they are going to get any viewers on Saturday's in December

Exactly! As I said on the media thread, it seems as though ABC is going out of their way to make it as difficult as possible for the few of us watching to finally find out what happened.. 

• Love 3

I just found out. That stinks. I couldn’t figure out why the dvr didn’t record it. I am not sure I will want to pick it up again in December although I was definitely planning to watch all of them. December is too far away and it is also too busy. 

T minus about 1 hour and counting/snacking/folding laundry.

All I remember is that the crazy kidnapper just ran away with the daughter, and both parents are loving, but pretty much unfit.  Right?

ETA post viewing: So psycho sister of Casey was a red herring all along?

I liked it when Kyra's character's not-so-crazy sister told her, "You're not the puppet master."

Is that a red shirt I see on Kyra's character's not-so-crazy sister's husband, who is apparently (in the previews)

Spoiler

Lake's father

?

They're telegraphing a hookup with Kyra's character and Bird. Does that mean he's a red shirt too?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

Did we know that Casey had only been Jane's assistant for a few months? That puts her relationship with Pete in a completely different context.

I feel like this show has fallen into the trap that many of these type of shows fall into where they think throwing red herring after red herring makes a compelling and suspenseful story but really it's annoying because it usually ends up in illogical unsatisfing mess.

• Love 5

I wish it had been, say, Five Days in the Valley.  Trying to spin the story out to ten episodes is just causing it to go down rabbit holes that I do not find very interesting. Kyra Sedgwick has been a favorite for so many years (ever since I saw her in some movie set on a horse farm where she played Julia Roberts' sister, and to me at least was every bit as compelling in her every scene), and I hate to see this one flop.  It's not her fault, it's a seriously overly-complicated plot line, too many hard-to-distinguish characters, and a fuzzy focus on what the viewer is supposed to feel.  

Not sure if I'll finish watching or not.  This week was painful.  

• Love 4
On 12/16/2017 at 6:53 PM, shapeshifter said:

ETA post viewing: So psycho sister of Casey was a red herring all along?

Reveal hidden contents

Lake's father

Another red herring?  Well, that settles it.  I'll leave these episodes on the DVR and maybe watch the final one. 

I'm almost at the end of Episode Five.  Four different characters in two different scenes just said "Hey" to each other, right in a row, with no other dialogue.  "Hey."  "Hey."  "Hey."  "Hey."  The suspense has dropped off considerably since the introductory episodes.

Too bad they saved this nowhere/filler episode to run after the hiatus.  I was still interested in who had the kid and I was hoping to be able to stand up and say they were wrong!, that this was a tightly woven little mystery-thriller.  But, sigh, they were right, it's garbage. 

Too many Casey and/or Lake flashbacks.  And Jane's hypnotic superpower to bend any cop to her will is a hard sell.

• Love 3

For the first couple of episodes, I thought Jane was running around with uncombed hair, because she was so distraught.  Eventually I realized that, dear God, that's actually her hair style.  Awful is right!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, wellread said:

For the first couple of episodes, I thought Jane was running around with uncombed hair, because she was so distraught.  Eventually I realized that, dear God, that's actually her hair style.  Awful is right!

I still think it's Distraught Hair.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

But she had it before Lake went missing in the flashbacks!

But wasn't she distraught about something then too? Her show? 
Anyway, "bed head hair" was a thing before it was a product brand.
This is so sad. Kyra Sedgwick's show discussion has been reduced to her hair style (or lack thereof).

The child actor was pretty good.

• Love 3

So Lake basically doesn't understand that she's been kidnapped. It seems her kidnappers told her that her mother knows what's going on. But what about that woman who lent Lake her phone? Wouldn't it be so strange to have a child lean out of a back seat of a car at a gas station and ask to borrow your phone? Ask some questions, lady!

• Love 5