Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: A Ripe Young Age

• Start Topic

Anytime you guys do a podcast, I can remember the episodes clearly but this is an episode I never saw and I swear I’ve seen every episode because I was a big soapnet watcher and I swear I at least saw every episode once but this one does not ring a bell. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it?

And therefore I can’t really comment much because usually I can make a reference to a scene but this.. I got nothing to say.

I mean, I guess you could be charitable and call this a transitional episode, but really, it's just weird.  I mean, historical flashbacks (a well the show dips its ladle into whenever it runs out of ideas), a new love interest, a random kid, and infomercial STUFF!?  It reads like ideas picked out of a hat and put together.  And yeah, no follow-up on Steve's BFF dying, or even Kelly being forlorn or whatever the F about Brandon?

If memory serves, Rob/Smith Jerrod is the only Val love interest that she doesn't share with another female in The Gang.

Is next week the Jim appearance?

Edited by TeeVee329

D & D do look good! (And I want that red shirtdress). But didn't Donna already reach the "it's all up to me what being a good girl means"-conclusion in the episode where she talks to her priest after meeting him in the adult section of the video store? 

But then again, this show is not above repeating storylines, Saint Kelly and the runaway kid is really a repeat of Brandon and the "You suck!" kid. (Not that I remember how this story ends so I could be surprised but I really don't care enough to be) 

Being as this was episode 22, which by today's standards is usually a season finale, or damn close, this season has SO.MUCH.FILLER.  

22 episodes was the standard in the 90s.  Heck, I think that number of episodes was the standard by the 70s or 80s.  90210 and Melrose Place were very much outliers.  Maybe the idea was that more episodes meant they could make more money in syndication.     

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:42 AM, CarmenMacCodykins said:

Tara: "Dick just died- does not come up."

No one?? Just me, then?

The gang pretty much is like this, right? So blasé about "events" such as "remember when I was in the fire and you were being held hostage, neither of our boyfriends were there.  We call that the Emily Valentine syndrome."  Just like how they all get hooked on drugs in two days and then detox and never relapse. Even Dylan can drink wine later and it's NBD. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, CurlyATX said:

The gang pretty much is like this, right? So blasé about "events" such as "remember when I was in the fire and you were being held hostage, neither of our boyfriends were there.  We call that the Emily Valentine syndrome."  Just like how they all get hooked on drugs in two days and then detox and never relapse. Even Dylan can drink wine later and it's NBD. 

I find Kelly getting into drugs very contrived . The same episode where she broke up with Colin because of his drug use and how much it bothered her , she gets upset about her dad and just like that she's addicted to drugs . If she was soo against it because she saw what it did to her mother , brother and ex boyfriend whifh she talked about often in the show , then why would she choose to do coke this time around ? They made Kelly's character very weak minded between the drugs , the cult and every other situation she got herself in . But was so judgmental about everyone else's personal life . And Who could forget about her big hatred against Valerie for smoking weed ?