Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Michel said:

Anne came on in 2012.  I forgot what was going on, but she was working as the head of HR at University Hospital.  She heard something about Jennifer and got all pissy over Horton privilege or something.  I don't remember much of Anne's scenes, because I feel like I'm of the minority who can take or leave here and, meanwhile, loves Jennifer.

She didn't join up with Chloe until her temporary return in early 2013.

Thanks for the Anne background.   I like Anne ok, but I also love Jennifer, and so wish they'd bring Jack back for her.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Michel said:

Anne came on in 2012.  I forgot what was going on, but she was working as the head of HR at University Hospital.  She heard something about Jennifer and got all pissy over Horton privilege or something.  I don't remember much of Anne's scenes, because I feel like I'm of the minority who can take or leave her and, meanwhile, loves Jennifer.

She didn't join up with Chloe until her temporary return in early 2013.

I've never really cared for Anne.  Jennifer can be annoying sometimes but I disliked how the writers used Anne to pile on, instead of trying to find a way to fix her.  I always thought her friendship with Theresa was bizarre, too.

• Love 4
On 12/6/2016 at 6:00 PM, lska said:

I've never really cared for Anne.  Jennifer can be annoying sometimes but I disliked how the writers used Anne to pile on, instead of trying to find a way to fix her.  I always thought her friendship with Theresa was bizarre, too.

I don't think the writers thought Jenn needed fixing.  My take - and my frustration - was what I perceived as the disconnect between how so many of us saw Jenn's behavior and how it didn't seem the writers saw how offputting her portrayal had become.  Anne's piling on, I believe, was meant to make us feel sorry for Jenn.  Instead, for me, it made me like Ann for not being one of her cheerleaders.

• Love 11

Bingo.

A few months ago I remember seeing spoiler photos of a bunch of people in the church set wearing black. The speculation at the time was that it was either Theresa or Tate's funeral. Now, I'm wondering if it's for Caroline.

• Love 2

I think we're ok that they didn't film a funeral for Caroline, as just the other day (maybe yesterday) I saw a post from Jason47 on the other forum that mentioned there were 4 actors on leave but still on contract. Peggy was one of them, and he posted that hopefully she'd be back in 2017. The other 3 were Drake, Joseph & Kassie.

But now I'm wondering if they did film a funeral, if it might be for Adrienne.  Hopefully not. And someone on the current forum posted that Judi Evans was still filming, but I don't remember if she was in any of the pics posted on social media lately or not. It would be a more powerful story if she died, but I want Justin and Adrienne back together and not for a deathbed reunion.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, boes said:

I don't think the writers thought Jenn needed fixing.  My take - and my frustration - was what I perceived as the disconnect between how so many of us saw Jenn's behavior and how it didn't seem the writers saw how offputting her portrayal had become.  Anne's piling on, I believe, was meant to make us feel sorry for Jenn.  Instead, for me, it made me like Ann for not being one of her cheerleaders.

I perceived it the other way around, that the writers heard how the audience was seeing Jen, and instead of trying to craft a POV for her, they decided to use Anne as the supposed "voice of the audience" and a wedge to create hateful surface conflict instead of character arcs.  That's why I detest Anne.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, lska said:

I perceived it the other way around, that the writers heard how the audience was seeing Jen, and instead of trying to craft a POV for her, they decided to use Anne as the supposed "voice of the audience" and a wedge to create hateful surface conflict instead of character arcs.  That's why I detest Anne.

Interesting!  I didn't see it that way.  But that is why I liked Ann, even with her (major) flaws.

• Love 4

They had better not kill off Adrienne.  This reminds me of the Funky Winkerbean comic where they had Lisa die from breast cancer.  That sure made for some nice light entertainment.  I don't know why Days can't give us a decent, happy storyline!

• Love 5

Hopefully with Nicole being a Mom, and presumably shacking up with Brady in 2017, plus Carrie spending time with her Mom and Stayla remarrying, there will be some happy times ahead.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

Dec 19-23

Monday, December 19, 2016
Brady cautions Deimos not to hurt Chloe. 

Lani returns to town and reunites with her family.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Joey overhears Jade during a vulnerable moment. 

Kate accompanies apprehensive Adrienne to her first chemo appointment.

Wed Dec 21 2016
Dario finds Paul snooping around his shipments on the dock,& Sonny intervenes. 

Deimos and Brady become increasingly concerned when Nicole fails to return to Salem.

Thursday, December 22, 2016
Abigail and Jennifer say a difficult goodbye. 

Chad and Gabi exchange Christmas gifts.  

The Hortons have their annual ornament-hanging get-together.

Friday December 23:

DOOL will be preempted.

Edited by BlackMamba

Why is the show being pre-empted on the 23rd?

Where's Nicole gone now?  Didn't she just get back from Europe?

Sounds like another happy Christmas in Salem.  Jen and Abby saying goodbye.  Adrienne having chemo.   Nicole missing (have they checked the orange one's gravesite?) And of course, Hope in jail.  

I sometimes wish DOOL would air a "backintheday" episode like Y&R used to do, or maybe still does, around the holidays.

• Love 4

Abigail and Jennifer say a difficult goodbye. 

Forever? Please? Either of them could hit the bricks and I'd be fine.

I was hoping Carrie and Austin or Belle might return for Marlena's Xmas. But I guess she'll not be focused on much, since we're pretending John is alive and well and just off-camera.

I wonder what was going on during the hiatus. Was Drake thinking of suing? Was the show expecting him to return, but knowing he might decide not to?

Bummed Brady gets wrapped up in the Chloe/Philip/Deimos/Nicole stuff. Hate that storyline.

I want an Eve/Anne Xmas - booze, clubbing and snark to spare.

Adrienne's chemo Christmas is not appreciated. Realistic? Fine, but sad. When was the last time this show had a truly happy holiday?

...man, this time last year Chase was getting his ornament.  And Eva was faking her illness.  °~°

• Love 1

Dec 19-23

Monday, December 19, 2016
JJ worries that keeping another secret from Gabi will come back to haunt him. 

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 
Philip angrily confronts Deimos. 

Wednesday, December 21, 2016
Gabi breaks things off with JJ. 

Thursday, December 22, 2016
Brady finds Nicole and Chloe at the motel. 

The worst part about this Tripp character, IMO to be clear, is to facilitate an entrenched tie with Steve and a fucking nobody. Ava is a footnote. I don't care if a "soap name" played her and inexplicably won an Emmy, Ava was a 1-dimensional tool. But because TIIC lurve the character, we get this.

There needs to be DNA and have it discovered he is not Steve's spawn. I know it's soap 101 for long lost kids and trouble, blah blah. But I just don't see even an amnesiac Steve attracted to the likes of Ava so this is all a fail.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

There needs to be DNA and have it discovered he is not Steve's spawn. I know it's soap 101 for long lost kids and trouble, blah blah. But I just don't see even an amnesiac Steve attracted to the likes of Ava so this is all a fail.

Yeah, the original Steve/Ava story really watered down Steve's character, IMO.  There was always so much more motivating him back in the 80's, other than just being a walking hormone.  He was conflicted about what kind of person he was and how he treated people and who was in his life.  Ava and her father were criminals who hurt people, but the only real conflict that Steve and Kayla were allowed to have out of it was that he was with someone else.  And they could have written Steve/Ava as a counterpoint to Steve/Kayla and kept all of the sex scenes, and really explored why Steve was bent on self-destruction without his memories.  But instead a lot of the themes felt like a cheap rip off of Steve and Kayla's love story, which was a waste of the whole set up and didn't give the story anywhere to go, except for everyone to sit around and look uncomfortable before eventually sweeping it all under the rug.

10 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Why are these people named Tripp and Scooter?

Did anyone else grow up with ancient, dusty compilations of terrible plays from the 50's and 60's in their middle school library?  That's what DAYS' names always make me think of.  "Oh, Chet!"

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Robb Derringer, who is going to be playing upcoming Scooter Nelson, is engaged to DWTS judge Carrie Ann Inaba.

He was sleazy Kyle Sloane on GH last year, and I thought he did decently enough, despite his character being all over the place.  I hope he gets a more grounded character this time around.

Edited by Michel
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Michel said:

He was sleazy Kyle Sloane on GH last year, and he thought did decently enough, despite his character being all over the place.  I hope he gets a more grounded character this time around.

Not if he's supposed to be a sex addict.  :D

20 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Let's hope it's Deimos and VI leaving. Feel bad for the actor but this character was written into a knot.

Any chance that Daniel might FINALLY leave the building?  Even dead he gets more airtime than Lucas.

• Love 4

DEC 23 WILL NOT BE PREMP.  

Friday, December 23...Gabi, Dario and Sonny prepare to enjoy the annual hospital Christmas party; Kayla, Steve, Roman and Joey hang out at the pub; Justin steps up to take care of Adrienne; Chad makes a shocking discovery.

Dec 26-30

Monday, December 26,2016 
Chad continues to process Abigail’s return the best way he can. 

Tuesday, December 27
Hope makes plans to recruit an inmate army to combat her enemies. 

Tuesday Dec 27
Deimos & Brady conspire on how 2 prove Chloe’s baby is Nicole & Daniel’s. 

Wednesday, December 28
Andre and Kate are stunned by Rafe’s request. 

Thu Dec 29 2016
Jen’s thrilled Chad knows the truth about Abigail & appeals to him to be understanding.

Friday, December 30, 2016
JJ receives a huge shock. 

Week of December 26

Monday December 26:

Abigail confronts Gabi over her budding relationship with Chad.

Tuesday December 27:

Rafe, Marlena, Roman, Steve and Kayla all reel from this latest revelation.

Wednesday December 28:

Marlena, Steve, and Kayla take a trip down memory lane.

Thursday December 29:

Kate gets a call and learns some upsetting news.

Friday December 30:

As the New Year arrives, some relationships will be altered forever.

• Love 1

She'll half-apologize and mostly rationalize.

Anyone else get the sense that they brought her back to make her legit crazy? I didn't think so at first, but she's clearly not "strong" like Jen and JJ are claiming. She's more unhinged than ever.

I'm perplexed by these "shocking" Mar/Steve/Kayla etc spoilers. Is this the "John's out so we need to explain why" stuff or something else? If it's something else...what would be shocking to those specific people...?

Edited by DisneyBoy
18 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm perplexed by these "shocking" Mar/Steve/Kayla etc spoilers. Is this the "John's out so we need to explain why" stuff or something else? If it's something else...what would be shocking to those specific people...?

With Rafe involved, I'm guessing something to do with Hope in prison.

That's interesting about the 12/23 spoilers... I know there was some question about whether a show would air, and they only released 8 spoiler pics for the week. They usually release 2 per episode.

Week of December 26

Tuesday, December 27, 2016
Kate accuses Andre of stealing from the company. 

Thursday, December 29, 2016
Justin & Lucas both show up at the hospital to be there for Adrienne. 

Friday, December 30, 2016
Gabi helps Abigail through her panic attack.