Type keyword(s) to search

These Spoilers Suck: Bitter Speculation About SPN Spoilers

catrox14
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Spoilers With Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I can’t link on my phone but the episode description for ep11 is out. 

Michael Dean is a bait and switch with no follow up. The description spoils it. Dean gets to spend the episode with the ice queen and Donna “bonding” while Nick gets lots of choice and surprise surprise Sam makes an unimaginable choice. 

My guess is he says yes to Michael. 

WTF!! Michael has left dean after one episode! At least the spoiler people do not try to pull the wool over our eyes and they actually tell us how it is so I know not to expect anything decent for Jensen in the episodes 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

The only acceptable reason (for me) for Michael's capture is that he lets them take him in order to keep them busy with him and away from the fight in KC, believing himself invulnerable, and Dean incapable of fighting. If they do indeed let Dean be a major factor in his own rescue, I could be okay with this premise.

This is what I think will happen... at least that is what I have been speculating was going to happen since the teaser at the end of the midseason finale. What better way to keep Dean out of commission than to repossess him and what better way to keep Sam and Castiel distracted than to tempt them with a "chance" to save Dean. As I said back then, Michael popping away would be out of sight out of mind so to speak in that yes, they would want to save Dean, but there would be more pressing matters right there. Giving Sam and Castiel a "Dean" right there they might be able to save would be too tempting for them to pass up.

As for why Michael doesn't just kill Sam and Castiel, that's a good question, but maybe even Michael knows that they never stay dead, and sometimes when Castiel come back, he comes back stronger. Michael might also have other plans... using Sam and Castiel as bargaining chips with Dean somehow (which couldn't happen if they were dead), maybe trying to get Sam and Castiel working against Dean/Michael and/or giving up on him***, or who knows? Michael is a weird, twisted puppy.

*** What if what Sam and Castiel see in Dean's head is stuff Michael manipulates and he tries to drive a wedge between Sam and Cas and Dean? What might be more effective than a dead Sam and Castiel? A Sam and Castiel who don't trust Dean or who are disillusioned with him or both... Michael could say "see Dean even your brother and bet friend don't love/trust/want you, you might as well just give up permanently."

Sounds like a good evil strategy to me.

8 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Because we (general we) know that Sam's record must remain impeccable, I don't see Michaels's monster's causing much, if any damage before Chief's army takes them out.

Please don't include me in that "general we," because I know no such thing. I saw that when Sam died via vampire - after losing the civilian he was in charge of trying to save while Dean managed to save the one in his charge twice - and had to make a deal with Lucifer to stay alive... and then lost more civilians on the way to the bus in his plan to bring everyone back to their universe... and then was part of the reason Lucifer ended up coming back to the original universe. And Dabb - if he was in deed in charge at the end of season 11 - had no trouble making sure that Amara caused a bunch of casualties. I don't remember the exact number, but I remember somewhere around 2000+ innocent people, so I don't see why that would change now when I haven't seen much evidence myself.

Even if there is little damage to Kansas City, I would more think that was because Michael was in Dean rather than anything having to do with Sam.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

My guess is he says yes to Michael. 

Why would Sam even do that? That would make no sense, in my opinion. And - my opinion only - if by some bizarre chance Sam *did* say yes to Michael, somehow, someway, it wouldn't actually be Michael, but it would be Lucifer or something, because Sam generally ends up doing something like that just because Sam rarely has anything but bad luck. Really, in my opinion, it's bizarre how optimistic Sam often is considering, but that's another rabbit hole I should refrain from going down.

I was right about Michael not being done with Dean. I said that Michael would likely be back way back when he left Dean in episode 3 or so, and even predicted that maybe he left a back door of some kind in to Dean... as long as that still exists, Michael will be an issue.

• Love 2

Ok so with Jensen’s comments of his favourite version of sam coming up, what are the odds that sam is going to say yes to mike?

another idea- wat if sam’s heartbreaking decision is him deciding to become king of hell, which coincides with Jensen’s favourite version of sam, where he gets control of the cage and rips Michael from dean and throws him in it

Edited by devlin
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Bonding scenes with the Ice Queen? Yuck. 

IKR?

6 hours ago, devlin said:

Ok so with Jensen’s comments of his favourite version of sam coming up

When did Jensen say this?

• Love 3
20 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't disagree with this. It's certainly been Lucifer's downfall time and again, and arrogance has been a character trait all the archangels share. The only acceptable reason (for me) for Michael's capture is that he lets them take him in order to keep them busy with him and away from the fight in KC, believing himself invulnerable, and Dean incapable of fighting. If they do indeed let Dean be a major factor in his own rescue, I could be okay with this premise.

I could buy Michael only re-possessing Dean in order to keep TFW busy.  Even though previous canon said true vessels were special and sought after, we've had plenty of retcons recently.  It wouldn't surprise me if Dean's now only useful to Michael as a distraction, not because Michael actually wants or needs vessel Dean. 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, ster1 said:

I could buy Michael only re-possessing Dean in order to keep TFW busy.  Even though previous canon said true vessels were special and sought after, we've had plenty of retcons recently.  It wouldn't surprise me if Dean's now only useful to Michael as a distraction, not because Michael actually wants or needs vessel Dean. 

If that's the case, any of my lingering investment in the Michael story gets flushed down the toilet. The ONLY reason I'm currently still interested is because of Dean's direct connection and importance to the mytharc. I have no reason to give a damn about Michael if Dean is shoved out of his own story AGAIN, especially from a big narrative established years before but never followed up on until now. What a slap in the face that would be...  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BabySpinach said:

If that's the case, any of my lingering investment in the Michael story gets flushed down the toilet. The ONLY reason I'm currently still interested is because of Dean's direct connection and importance to the mytharc. I have no reason to give a damn about Michael if Dean is shoved out of his own story AGAIN, especially from a big narrative established years before but never followed up on until now. What a slap in the face that would be...  

They've already given the most interesting and lengthy scenes of the character to some no-name guest star. Nothing they do will surprise me, however I'm one hundred percent certain what they do will piss me off.

• Love 6

I knew the Michael stuff was over again after episode 10 so in that vein the summary for 11 doesn`t even warrant a mild shrug from me. The trailer for 10 already made everything clear. But that doesn`t mean I`m happy to read Dean being in a tertiary boring "bonding" part of non-plot for episode 10. Is he gonna be so out of commission that he literally does nothing else?

And then with that horrible Ice Queen who has shown no actual interest in him or understanding of him. At least Sam got one sentence of her propping him up before she went back to all "me me me me". Dean will most certainly not fare that well.  What, does he do feelings wrong again? Will he have to apologize to her cold, smug self at the end of the episode after she reprimands him for being weak/needy/childish/whatever negative/less than Sam? Sam`s Smith`s portrayal as Mary towards Dean since Mary`s return has been increasingly cold and disdainful. After he gets Michael out again, the last thing he needs is her horrible judgmental bitch-self next to him. What did I read on tumblr? If Michael really wanted to show Dean how it felt to be utterly disappointed and broken, he should have taken clues from ice-Mary. Urgh. 

So that already sucks. It is already the boring emo stuff of the synopsis and on top of that with that character who was best dying on a ceiling. He will only be used to prop her (and Donna) anyway.

Meanwhile, great more Nickifer and his story I couldn`t give less of a crap about. 

And the stuff about Sam fills me with boreboding dread of him being handed Michael - only with him it will be grandiose, heroic and in-depth. 

That summary blows chunks.   

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

And the stuff about Sam fills me with boreboding dread of him being handed Michael - only with him it will be grandiose, heroic and in-depth.

Maybe in the end, Sam'll just have to declare himself in charge and yell at Michael to get out. It worked for a room full of demons (that were in the process of kicking all their asses at the time).

• Love 4

Please can sam’s heartbreaking choice be that in order to kill Michael he has to kill dean. That way people get the sam show they want and I can stop watching coz this show is bad for my mental health 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, devlin said:

Please can sam’s heartbreaking choice be that in order to kill Michael he has to kill dean. That way people get the sam show they want and I can stop watching coz this show is bad for my mental health 

yes please

• Love 6

Happy new year y'all.

The latest press release prompted me to come back to share my misery. Different year, same old garbage.

Michael/Dean's over with again. Mary's back again. Sam's on his own again.

I'm not even sure what to say anymore except that I'm shocked at how much of a slog this season is. And I'm not just talking about the main plot not advancing, it's really everything. No character growth, no progression, just this shallow and unsatisfying back and forth that's going nowhere, with characters popping up whenever the hell they want. There's no attention to detail whatsoever, no effort to make this into something coherent. I absolutely do not believe the writers give a single fuck, and that's a different feeling from the earlier Dabb seasons, where he tried a lot of things. I just happened to think most of these things plain sucked. Now they're just going through the motions and I can't even begin to understand what pleasure you could find in watching this unless you were mostly here to watch your favorite actors on screen. Because apart from that, it's complete emptiness.

Like I said before, the one storyline that evolves somewhat organically and that seems to be going somewhere is Nick's. I guess that's good news for his many fans.

Edited by BoxManLocke
  • Love 5

Jared has been desperately wanting Sam's powers back. I bet the unimaginable choice is to start drinking demon blood again.  Then he can feel massively guilty and  then that would make episode 13 a perfect set up for this is your life Sam Winchester, to whitewash justify Sam's decision.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, devlin said:

IIRC at one of the cons. 

Thanks.

I'm assuming that it was a more recent one, although if demon blood swilling Sam is his favorite version of Sam that's where we part company big time.

I'm going to guess that Sam finally gets to sell his soul for Dean because it's one of the last few things of Dean's that they haven't given to Sam yet.

And I'm going to hope with everything that's in me that Dabb won't give Michael to Sam or that resurrecting Lucifer isn't involved either-all the while knowing that it could easily be either one.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

And I'm going to hope with everything that's in me that Dabb won't give Michael to Sam or that resurrecting Lucifer isn't involved either-all the while knowing that it could easily be either one.

I'd put money on both.  I'm sure that Nick finds the secret he's looking for is being possessed by Lucifer again.  In the cast/crew photo Mark P is wearing Lucifer's leather jacket.  In order to stop Michael and Lucifer, Im guessing Sam will have start downing the blood slurpees again, and they'll probably bring back cage Michael, and start next season with Michael Sam.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 3

I was just thinking that Jared has mentioned the body swap with Gary as one of his favorites and now Jensen mentions a hi favorite Sam. What if this is going to be Dean and Sam body swapping and it's Dean that is Jensen's favorite Sam in that it's not Sam at all?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

I'd put money on both.  I'm sure that Nick finds the secret he's looking for is being possessed by Lucifer again.  In the cast/crew photo Mark P is wearing Lucifer's leather jacket.  In order to stop Michael and Lucifer, Im guessing Sam will have start downing the blood slurpees again, and they'll probably bring back cage Michael, and start next season with Michael Sam.

This would be it for me then because I'm not watching that show-not even for JA.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I was just thinking that Jared has mentioned the body swap with Gary as one of his favorites and now Jensen mentions a hi favorite Sam. What if this is going to be Dean and Sam body swapping and it's Dean that is Jensen's favorite Sam in that it's not Sam at all?

That, to me, makes a bunch of sense, and sounds like exactly the kind of thing Jensen could mean... Because with that scenario, the interpretation could also be that Jensen's "favorite Sam of all" is the version of Sam that he (Jensen) is playing.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

That, to me, makes a bunch of sense, and sounds like exactly the kind of thing Jensen could mean... Because with that scenario, the interpretation could also be that Jensen's "favorite Sam of all" is the version of Sam that he (Jensen) is playing.

Considering they've given the most interesting S14 "Michael" scenes to another actor, it would be beyond ironic if Jensen's best S14 scenes were playing Sam. Like, beyond ironic.

• Love 3

I could be wrong but as far as I remember Jensen said there will be a version of Sam coming up that is (or he thinks is it) "gonna be a favourite", not that it was his favourite version. They giggled about it a bit which gave me the impression it was some more comedic one-episode kind of thing.   

3 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I could be wrong but as far as I remember Jensen said there will be a version of Sam coming up that is (or he thinks is it) "gonna be a favourite", not that it was his favourite version. They giggled about it a bit which gave me the impression it was some more comedic one-episode kind of thing.   

Oh, maybe this is the one that they said is sort of Yellow Fever-like?

That, I seem to have some memory of...

Jared has been desperately wanting Sam's powers back. I bet the unimaginable choice is to start drinking demon blood again.  Then he can feel massively guilty and  then that would make episode 13 a perfect set up for this is your life Sam Winchester, to whitewash justify Sam's decision.

Oh god, no. But unfortunately I can see this happening 

• Love 2

The show has already whitewashed Mary's deal by saying that if she never made it the Apocalypse World wouldn't have happened, so yeah I can see the show doing that with Sam.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, BoxManLocke said:

Like I said before, the one storyline that evolves somewhat organically and that seems to be going somewhere is Nick's. I guess that's good news for his many fans.

I hate that this is true, but it is. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, BoxManLocke said:

1 hour ago, trudysmom said:

I hate that this is true, but it is. 

I literally don't know one person who is excited for this story line.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I literally don't know one person who is excited for this story line.

There are thousands of them in PTB's imaginary little bubble.

They are the same people who couldn't stand Dean not being Dean for more than two episodes, so Michael/Dean had to be cut short ; these people don't actually exist, but the writers like to pretend they do as a justification for them to do whatever the fuck they want.

Edited by BoxManLocke
  • Love 10
On 1/7/2019 at 1:19 PM, SueB said:

No, it doesn’t.  I can’t say why he didn’t finger snap her out of existence.  He DID mention her energy signature was different.  And now, without her spear, I’m not sure he thinks she’s a threat.  

I suspect he wants her alive so she can open dimensions for him.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, mertensia said:

I suspect he wants her alive so she can open dimensions for him.

Wayward Sue can take him out literally without getting hair in her eyes, there is no logical reason why he should leave someone so dangerous to him alive. 

Why would he want to go to other dimensions when he has big plans to mold this one in his image.  Not to mention he's getting his ass handed to him so easily, he's become a joke and is so weak that his monsters can't even take untrained red shirt no-name hunters.  If he can't take Earth he probably wouldn't stand a chance anywhere else either.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, mertensia said:

Because he's an overly ambitious jackass who wants to rule other dimensions?  Or maybe he wants to retrieve the angels still left in the old universe.

I must have missed those episodes that showed his ambition.  He's apparently been twiddling this thumbs this whole time.  I see zero ambition.  His big plan to crush Dean literally went unnoticed by everyone.  Including, Dean himself since Michael's seemed to have zero impression on him.  He didn't even acknowledge or seemed concerned about the wonky vision of the Djinn's reactions.   It was "Michael who" since Dean realized he was being a dick for being traumatized by the possession and apologized for it.     I'm not even sure what Michael's real plan is.  Does he want slaves or an empty plantet with only his monster army.  I doubt the writers Michael even knows (or cares). 

Why would he want to retrieve angels?  He can't even bend lowly humans to his will.  His monsters are kind of pathetic, so why at this point would any angel want to obey Michael?

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, mertensia said:

Because they worked for him.

Michael has been gone a long time, and since there was no one there to stomp his foot and yell boo, mostly likely someone else took over.  Once they see how weak Michael actually is there is logical reason for them to follow him.

Basically this season is a complete mess with no ones motivations or actions making sense. 

Sadly, I have to agree with the person who said the only storyline that does is Nick's. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, mertensia said:

Because they worked for him.

Who or what worked for Michael?

If you mean the AU it didn't work, because he chose to leave it behind and try again on SPN Earth. He didn't even bring his minions to help. Did he kill them all? was there a rebellion against him and that's why he left? He told Dean he made  some mistakes over there. What mistakes?

As to the idea that AU Michael is an arrogant dick who is overly ambitious, I haven't seen this shown on screen. He's basically a God with more power than anoyone on Earth. He is supremely confident as Jensen has portrayed him and he can destroy entities with just a thought. And he stated in 13.1 he wanted "a better world".

And it's unknown what means either. And I don't know because the show hasn't bothered to tell us nor show us. That is bad storytelling. The "better world" notion is entirely too nebulous. They need to tell us why he wants supermonsters and what that will gain him. Otherwise, there is nothing to root for or against with Michael besides "dick angel". I like Michael and I find him fascinating as portrayed by Christian and Jensen.

An the one way the could have made sure Dean was on screen was to give us Michael vs Dean beyond a literal 10 second scene.

And by all accounts unless it's massive foiler synopsis and the show intends to have Dean be the one who kills Michael, I don't see where Dean will have much to do going forward past episode 11 that is Michael related.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

As to the idea that AU Michael is an arrogant dick who is overly ambitious, I haven't seen this shown on screen. He's basically a God with more power than anoyone on Earth. He is supremely confident as Jensen has portrayed him and he can destroy entities with just a thought. And he stated in 13.1 he wanted "a better world".

It didn't help that the tiny little bit of Michael we got was cut.  I heard an audio recording of Michael confronting the Holy Man.  The most important part of his speech was cut out where Michael talks about peace and love is only what humans say they want.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

It didn't help that the tiny little bit of Michael we got was cut.  I heard an audio recording of Michael confronting the Holy Man.  The most important part of his speech was cut out where Michael talks about peace and love is only what humans say they want.

Yup.  That was so disappointing because he made a pretty cogent argument that fit right in with Kripke's vision IMO. I was actually really impressed with that writing and was shocked that Dabb wrote it (maybe he didn't).  And clearly it was something that the audience at SDCC was intrigued by given the comments I read on Twitter about how good it was even beyond Jensen's acting.   I want someone to ask at a con why they abandoned that and who made the decision to cut that out.

It's all just a big clusterfuck of storytelling and it's not even really good piecemeal laying the path to a fight between Dean and Michael.  The only hope I have is if Sam ends up wearing AU Michael, that Dean goes to the cage,  gets Michael and then plays him because he is OUR Michael's TRUE Vessel.   I would actually pay all the money for that.  Then Nick ends up repossesed by Lucifer and maybe Michael!Dean and Michael!Sam fight Nickifer. 

That said, I still think that moment of Sam saying if anyone wants to be the King of Hell they have to come through him is the only real foreshadowing the show has done.  Because  for the demons to run off because Sam bellowed is just embarrassingly silly and OTT.  It really only works as foreshadowing of the Boy King and it makes Sam sudden ascension to Chief Sam make more sense.  If we actually end up with Michael and his supermonsters vs BoyKing!Sam and his demon army fighting and lo and behold the only person who can bring peace is Dean "The Firewall Between Dark and Light" Winchester,  I would be 100% behind that.   Fat chance that happens though...

• Love 12
7 hours ago, devlin said:

We know Jared has returned from hiatus but have we heard anything about Jensen?

I'm not sure if he was on set this week at all.  There was a picture of the tape ball, and it had blue tape on it, but I don't know if it was from that current day.  There was videos from Misha and Jared going from actor to character by getting rid of the beard but nothing from Jensen.

Misha posted this yesterday.

It's Cas, Jack and the guy in plaid looks like he might be Jared's stand in.  But no sign of Jensen.

Edited by ILoveReading

SUPERNATURAL
“Prophet and Loss”— (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

NO LOOKING BACK – Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) must figure out how to stop the bloodshed when Donatello (guest star Keith Szarabajka), who, in his current condition, is inadvertently scrambling the order of future prophets. Nick (Mark Pellegrino) comes face to face with his past. The episode was directed by Thomas J. Wright and written by Brad Buckner & Eugenie Ross-Leming. (#1412). Original Airdate 1/31/2019.

Source

Gee, Nick comes "face to face" with his past - let me guess, he will be talking to the black blob of Lucifer who somehow came back from the Empty because... well, the Empty-Keeper didn`t give a shit. 

And the first sentence is missing something. If you write it like this "who in his current condition, is inadvertently scrambling...", it becomes a descriptive for Donatello. Meaning the sentence is still missing the part after "stop the bloodshed when..." - when WHAT? Either finish the sentence with the relevant information or look into grammar, summary writer.

This sounds like such Bucklemming bullshit. Noone heard hide or hair about this problem with Donatello and future prophets and he has been in this coma for a while now but because they are Bucklemming, they just make random shit up. Why would there be "bloodshed" from any of it?

How about dealing the "lights go out in heaven" problem that you keep mentioning every once in a while?

It doesn`t seem like Sam is in any altered state or anything here so maybe that "unimaginable choice" from the previous summary is just blown terribly out of proportion? That is usually the case.   

I'm not sure if he was on set this week at all. 

I hope he isn`t missing most of the ep. It`s penned by Yockey and I`d much rather have little Dean/Jensen presence when Berens or Dabb write episodes. The less those fuckers write the character, the better.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

It doesn`t seem like Sam is in any altered state or anything here so maybe that "unimaginable choice" from the previous summary is just blown terribly out of proportion? That is usually the case.

I hope so but if Sam said yes to Michael he may be dormant, or if he's sucking demon blood than that could still be in play.

Or maybe this new version of Sam is prophet Sam.  He's been everything else, why not that too.

• Love 2

I wonder if it just means he's scrambling the order because he's neither living nor dead, thus, no new prophet can come into being. 

If, you know,  they gave a flying fig about canon.

59 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Or maybe this new version of Sam is prophet Sam.  He's been everything else, why not that too.

Heh.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Why do they keep going off on tangents with these side stories when the main story of the season has hardly been touched.  

Because no writer can agree on what the actual main story is? 

The series is long in the tooth so the writers are being allowed to write whatever they want because they know THIS fanbase will watch whatever they put out there as long as J2 are on screen.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I wonder if it just means he's scrambling the order because he's neither living nor dead, thus, no new prophet can come into being. 

So he's basically Schroedinger's Prophet? :)

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Why do they keep going off on tangents with these side stories when the main story of the season has hardly been touched.  

Because all the writers have their pet projects and there is no one to lead them or take charge. 

BRL- only want to write Nick/Lucifer

Dabb- LeaderSue and his merry band of red shirts/Jack

Berens- Wayward Sues

It's more than obvious the Michael storyline in an afterthought for all the writers. 

It translates into what we see on screen.  An incoherent mess.  Dabb sucks

• Love 7