Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Cradles and Graves

raven

We found out what the aardvark said to the taxi driver!  Follow those ants!

Aw, I just knew we were going to lose Max this season; a sacrifice, of course.

I was glad Abe at least put on gloves before working on Clem.

18 minutes ago, raven said:

We found out what the aardvark said to the taxi driver!  Follow those ants!

Aw, I just knew we were going to lose Max this season; a sacrifice, of course.

I was glad Abe at least put on gloves before working on Clem.

Yeah, he was the most expendable of the group, so it was a given.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but despite Mitch's through-and-through bullet hole, don't Jackson, Jamie and Max still have bullets embedded in them ?  Are they ever going to remember to take them out ?

You are the darkness !!!  Jamie has murdered many many people, dontcha know, so I guess Mitch finally realized that fact.

10 minutes ago, pinkelephant3 said:

That blue juice really is magical eh?

It really was -- it fixes gunshot wounds and stabbing wounds.  How come none of the team are lethargic from all that blood loss ?

They never did show HOW Clem got out of the tank.  She looked ridiculous running around with that prosthetic belly -- you could see the support garment keeping it attached to her under her shirt.

They destroyed the entire city of Tokyo !!!  You know that is going to look pretty bad on someone's quarterly peer review.
The beacons not only wake up the hybrids, they are also thermonuclear devices.  Where did Abigail find the time ?  I thought she was busy cranking out hybrids -- and where is Abigail exactly ?

I still don't understand why Clem shut down the power.  Blah, blah, blah, some reason that made no sense.

Biggest WTF of the episode -- Tessa is a former IADG agent.  So her being all upset because Jackson lied to her about who he was is pretty rich.

And now we have  a ticking clock counting down from 31 hours (give or take 7 minutes, not sure where that came from )-- blah, blah, something about when there will be more hybrids than bullets to kill them or some such nonsense.

I bet they name the baby Max.

• Love 1

Best moments:

• Paramedic exploding into strawberry jam, right outside the plane.
  • "Concentrated Tank Serum" that cures trauma, bullet wounds and, well, death.  Instantly.
  • "Hybrid Growth factors" that brings a pregnant woman to term.  Not quite instantly.
  • "Was that not worth a little chat?"
  • "How long do we have?" "Two hours, three tops."  <¡splassshhh!>  "Well, that's just perfect!"
  • Out of CTS?  You can repair a sucking chest wound with a credit card and duct tape.
  • Bad parents don't feel guilt.  They just drink and watch cable news.

• Love 3

Ah, of course, I should have figured that Clementine would simply save everyone with the Magical Serum that was in her tank.  And, of course, somehow all the ones with bullet wounds are pretty much wondering around with minor limps and pains, while the guy who got stabbed needed to be operated on.  I guess in the land of Zoo, Knives>Guns in a fight.

Well, Max does end up dying later by sacrificing himself to save everyone from suffocating.  If there is just one guest actor amongst the regulars, he's totally a goner.  Also pretty much everyone in Tokyo got fucked too.  Not sure how to divide up all the blame there, but I'm going 50% Abigail, 30% Jackson, and 10% Jamie.

So, Tess is suddenly a former IADG agent?  Really smacks of someone just wanting to bring the character/actress back, and scrambling for a reason for it to make sense.

Despite all the stakes, Mitch was in fine form snark wise.  Never change, Billy Burke!

Clem has the baby, so they're off to headquarters to save the world.  Which means something bad is going to happen next week!

• Love 2

How could I forget Jackson's sad face "we're on a runway...in South Korea....surrounded by toxic spores.  The rescue team that was supposed to come get us just blew up in Tokyo". Hee!  Though really, Jackson, you should have let Abigail die.  Hopefully Jackson is the one who kills her. 

I kind of enjoyed ready to burst Clem running around saving everyone.  Sam Parker, however, is pretty but somewhat useless.  So I guess Jackson just made a mistake a few episodes ago and the wrong Sam Parker with a red truck got murdered by Abigail?  I thought maybe Clem was concealing that baby dad Sam Parker was a Shepherd, etc but it didn't seem like she knew that about him.  I know it's Zoo and I shouldn't wonder about this stuff.

I also liked Clem snarking back at Mitch when giving birth "Parking ticket!! Missed it!!"

Why is Jackson's GF back?  Go away.  We already have Dariela and Logan and bear claw guy at IDGAF.

I know this show is ridiculous but I did awww at Max dying while holding his great grandson (though I was thinking, quick, grab the baby).  I'll miss Max and Mitch sniping at each other.  C;mon Mitch, you know you want to forgive Jamie. 

8 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I bet they name the baby Max.

I thought this as well. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, mertensia said:

I do love the MacGyver surgery. "A credit card and duct tape. That'll fix anything."  I'm not so sure Abe thinks that, though.

So now I know that when a character sacrifices frequent flyer miles to save the world, that means the character isn't long for this world because frequent flier miles are universally understood and freighted with symbolic meaning.

5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Despite all the stakes, Mitch was in fine form snark wise.  Never change, Billy Burke!

Maybe TPTB have finally accepted that Billy Burke is the real star of the show?

43 minutes ago, raven said:

Why is Jackson's GF back?  Go away.  We already have Dariela and Logan and bear claw guy at IDGAF.

IMO, one of the best decisions for this show was having the more or less offscreen IDAGF as a place to confine annoying and somewhat useless actors who play significant others to main characters. But too bad Saul Tigh is relegated to just babysitting them.

In some alternate universe where the cast on a show like Zoo were ever recognized for acting awards, this episode should be the one Billy Burke submits to the Emmy voters. He was brilliant. His performance in both of the big scenes he and Kristen Connolly had together absolutely killed me. And his reaction to Max's death...god. He's just so good.

Also, someone in the music department must really love Oasis. In season 1, they used "Don't Look Back in Anger" and in this episode, we got Ryan Adams's cover of "Wonderwall." 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

That recap made me think:  When exposed to the spores at the end, why didn't Max's head explode, like Miscellaneous Paramedic Guy at the beginning?

While the IADG managed to destroy all of Tokyo with the blast from the beacon, does it also mean that everyone in Seoul (and places downwind) are dead too.

That's 2 major national capitals wiped out in one episode -- really puts pressure on Jamie, she might have to up her killing ways.

• Love 1

Ok..Abigail has tried to kill Jackson at least once before, set a bomb off at the refuge and police stations killing who knows how many,,sent flying hybrids to NYC to take out many then personally shot or stabbed your great friends and is gonna release millions of spores and eggs to wipe out the planet. She will never be turned yet Jackson thinks there is kindness there and he can turn her just like Darth vader. But Jackson is mad at Jamie for trying to kilI her. I mean Abibitch just shot u all and left u for dead without hesitation..yet Jaime went too far and you lock her up. SORRY Jackson I am wtf with u.

I also don't get how Sam is already on board to help them since he thought they were all liars and killers.. but they let him out of the cage. Also how did Abigail get out and based on the previews is already where the plane is landing next week with a missile launcher pointed right at them.  And whatever happened to the hybrid abdegos  (sorry on spelling)

Oh yea..I still.want to know how she got her hybrid baby  (abdigoz?) OUT of a plane and just on another plane

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:16 AM, shapeshifter said:

Maybe TPTB have finally accepted that Billy Burke is the real star of the show?

Hopefully no more one note alter egos then.

• Love 1

I'm so confused by this show; I realized that I can't even explain what the hell is going on to anyone, luckily nobody I know has any idea I watch it...

Sigh, doesn't anyone remain dead anymore?  Max had two death scenes!  And of course they are going to name the baby Max. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

I'm so confused by this show; I realized that I can't even explain what the hell is going on to anyone, luckily nobody I know has any idea I watch it...

I think that is the point of the show :D

• Love 1
13 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I suspect everyone on this board could say the same.

I cheerfully admit I love this show.  My dad has heard me try to describe it to him and thinks I'm clinically insane, though.

I really gotta get the Blu-Rays, though.

• Love 1