Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E33: Power of Veto #11

• Start Topic

I hate Josh and his endless bitchbaby whining (and how he virtually ran that Megan chick off the show for absolutely no reason), but I wanted him to break the pots and pans out on Christmas when she was scolding him.  I cannot believe I thought in the beginning that she would be the one to see through Paul the fastest and get him out.  Idiots.  All idiots.

• Love 6

I know it's too much to hope for, but I would relish Paul choosing poorly and a bitter jury gives a win to the other person.  He would be livid.  Last year he had nothing kind to say about the other players, in fact, said he was the youngest but the most mature of them all and all but said they weren't worth his time.  I'm anxious to hear what he says about this bunch, I suspect his final opinion of them will depend on outcome...if he wins then he outsmarted a slew of mensa members, if he loses, then they'll be morons too stupid to realize his genius.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

But for some odd reason they want Kevin out.  

I would guess that if anyone except Josh wins the DE HoH, the "plan" will quickly rotate to breaking up Josh and Christmas, since they're the last pair standing. Paul will push for Xmas to be the evictee, since she'd get votes for "overcoming" her injury to "win" comps, and since Josh is nothing but a pale copy of him, and easy to beat in the F2.  He'll have his vote and Raven's, since she's jealous of Xbox, er, Xmas for daring to get injured and taking attention/TV time/sympathy/the AFP votes away from the fact that I'M DYING, Y'ALL!!

That will be enough if neither of them is HoH, and if they need another vote, neither Alex nor Kevin seems terribly attached to CJ.  Alex still hates women, and Kevin feels closer to men (I note the difference here), plus Alex is still blindly loyal to Paul and Kevin is upset at Xmas for the current block situation.  I would bet that Christmas gets cancelled tonight.

If Josh wins HoH, I still don't see how they get Paul out.  The votes just aren't there, against any of the others.  All three girls want to ride him to the F2, Kevin doesn't seem to trust the girls, and his vote alone wouldn't suffice, anyhow.  It would have been easy to backdoor Paul if he hadn't won the veto (and if Xmas was wiling) on this HoH, because Josh would go for it and Jason would protect Alex, and then Xmas could have broken the tie, regardless of how Kevin/Raven voted.  But this time around, even if Josh wins HoH (4-1 odds against, and the only comp Josh has won all year was a crapshoot) and even if Christmas is somehow on board with booting Paul (zero indications to date; she seems to see him as her ticket to F2), they'd still need another vote, and I'm damned if I see where that's coming from.

Sigh.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

If Josh wins HoH, I still don't see how they get Paul out.  The votes just aren't there, against any of the others.

I don't think you need to send him out -- just shake him up. He might view Josh as a total moron and patsy, but would he actually waste time going after him, when he has Alex the comp beast and Christmas, the sob story, to deal with? Since Paul thinks he'll be simple to beat?

I'd love to see a Russell/Sandra (Survivor Heroes vs. Villains) redux, with Josh in the role of Sandra, all "I don't like you" and "I'm against you" and Paul in the role of Russell doing absolutely nothing to boot him because they think he's beatable.

"But I don't know about that."

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, GeorgiaRai said:

LOL!!  I guess this explains why they didn't get Paul out as soon as his protection expired - not enough fingers to help them process.

There have been some real idiots over the years. BB17's Clay comes to mind. We think he knew his basic shapes and colours but his fine motor control was questionable. I wouldn't be surprised if he still has to use safety scissors around the house. He probably still has to wear Velcro closures on his shoes because I don't think he's mastered the whole "around the tree, through the hole" style of tying laces.

So I'd say this group can at least count to ten on their fingers. Beyond that it gets a little bit tricky. If they take the time and effort to remove their shoes and socks to continue counting on their toes, I'm afraid that they might lose track of where they were and have to start all over again. 

Except Paul, of course. He can do long division in his head and he always has the right answer, even when he's wrong, because no one is brave enough to tell him otherwise. And Raven can only count up to eight because her GPA was Dance. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, watch2much said:

I know it's too much to hope for, but I would relish Paul choosing poorly and a bitter jury gives a win to the other person.

The crazy thing here is that beside the early evictees from "the other side of The House" I can't see the rest being 'bitter'. They'll all say they 'played a good game' and 'understood' when they were voted out. They will then all award King Paul his rightful throne when it comes down to voting a winner. *eyeroll*

I might be tempted, were I Paul, to bring a non-sob story to the final like Alex. She has a long history of brain farts when the going gets tough and could easily choke in a final three. I'd keep Christmas (the little broken engine that could) and Raven (whose hello is to lift up her shirt and say 'Look, pacemaker!') as far away from a final as possible.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Thalia said:

During the veto competition it looked to me like the others were getting knocked directly in their face, while Paul only got a pat on the side of his forehead. 

Probably so, the delicate flower.  He needs to win this, need to keep him healthy.

3 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:
5 hours ago, Callaphera said:

most of them can count up to ten on their fingers

LOL!!  I guess this explains why they didn't get Paul out as soon as his protection expired - not enough fingers to help them process.

Has anyone here ever been to a hypnotist show where the hypnotist takes away the number seven?  It is equal parts hilarious and horrifying to watch someone count to ten on their fingers "One... Two... Three... Four... Five... Six... Eight...Nine... Ten........OH MY GOD!  I HAVE AN EXTRA FINGER!!!!!"  Then the hypnotist will count to ten on their fingers "One... Two... Three... Four... Five... Six... Seven... Eight... Nine... Ten.  See, ten!"  The hypnotized person will look at the hypnotist with great puzzlement and denial that such a thing as seven exists.

That stage show I watched is exactly like when Josh goes to tell Christmas that maybe they ought to be looking at Paul as a threat, or at least consider that he's working with everyone in the house and they might not be Paul's true endgame, and Christmas simply cannot abide to hear such a blasphemous thing.

So.  I figured it out.  The hamsters are getting hypnotized to further Paul's game.  There are probably post-hypnotic suggestions triggered by keywords like "Trejo" or "Friendship" to strengthen the fugue state or to cause a certain action. 

Think about it.  It would explain a lot...

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Callaphera said:

So I'd say this group can at least count to ten on their fingers. Beyond that it gets a little bit tricky. If they take the time and effort to remove their shoes and socks to continue counting on their toes, I'm afraid that they might lose track of where they were and have to start all over again. 

I mean...I don't know, I think if they already have their shoes and socks off when they begin counting they could probably make it to twelve.  Thirteen tops.  But then Christmas will bring her wrath down on the house because fingers are for counting and toes are not.  They have no fucking clue about that wrath either.  Could even be a time out involved.  Serious business.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HurricaneVal said:

That stage show I watched is exactly like when Josh goes to tell Christmas that maybe they ought to be looking at Paul as a threat, or at least consider that he's working with everyone in the house and they might not be Paul's true endgame, and Christmas simply cannot abide to hear such a blasphemous thing.

So.  I figured it out.  The hamsters are getting hypnotized to further Paul's game.  There are probably post-hypnotic suggestions triggered by keywords like "Trejo" or "Friendship" to strengthen the fugue state or to cause a certain action. 

Think about it.  It would explain a lot...

Actually, though, I thought  Christmas explained her motivation pretty succinctly in the broadcast episode. Christmas feels she needs both Josh and Paul to carry her through any physical challenges (two in case one can't compete).  Ms. Independence Day is scared shitless of anything that would threaten their combined support, so she's going to go out of her way to slam the door shut HARD on anything which would jeopardize it; so far as Christmas is concerned, her game life depends on it. 

ETA: ...and I for one think it's funnier than hell that my iPad's predictive word suggestion algorithms tell it that when I type the word "damn", the immediate first suggestion for the following word is "autocorrect".  :D

Edited by Nashville
Damn autocorrect
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Callaphera said:

[Clay] probably still has to wear Velcro closures on his shoes because I don't think he's mastered the whole "around the tree, through the hole" style of tying laces.

I've never understood the idea that using laces instead of Velcro is some sign of maturity or manhood or whatever.  Velcro is not only easier, it's more effective; laces untie as you walk and then you have to stop and re-tie all the time, or listen to some idiot going "Hey, your shoe's untied."  (Also, the aglets break, and then you need new laces, entirely.)

I compare it to Jerry Seinfeld's routine about eating Chinese food with chopsticks instead of utensils:  "You know they've seen the fork!  That guy eating with the chopsticks, he's not out there using two sticks to plow his field."  I have no idea why willful disdain for improved technology is supposed to be some sort of virtue.

In the late-'80s and the '90s, there were lots of styles of athletic shoes with Velcro.  Now there's, like, two.  In the words of Daniele Donato, soooooooooo frustrating.

It doesn't have to be Velcro; I'll take zippers or magnets or hooks or whatever.  If you've got fairy dust that does the job, I'll take the fairy dust.  But laces are the worst!  What's the fetish for them about?  I honestly don't get it.

• Love 3

I honestly don't know. I was just riffing on the "fine motor control" thing. You know, my child is x years of age and learned how to tie their shoes. I just firmly believe that Clay is so damned stupid, he still needs to hold Mommy's hand when he crosses the road. 

Hmm, maybe the parent/child view ended up tarnishing Velcro as a product.  I don't know; I've never been a parent.  I just hate laces.

Back to the show, since the puzzle-maze was used as part of the Week 2 veto, I'm guessing that the DE Veto will be the ball pit.  I wonder if Xmas would be allowed to play in that one.  Be hilarious if she got the boot when she wasn't even allowed to play Veto.

So, it turns out that Bobby Moynihan's CBS show (Me, Myself, and I) wasn't the big hit that the network hoped it would be when they had him on BB last summer to do this cross-promotion.  Since we're still waiting on all the awesome new shows CBS is going to unleash in the fall (Cedric the Entertainer has white neighbors! No, really!), CBS is burning off the unaired episodes of Moynihan's series in the prime-viewing hours of summertime Saturday nights.

So, if you've been missing Bobby Moynihan in your life, sit back and enjoy at triple-episode bonanza tonight (7/21).  It may have taken the best part of a year, but you're finally going to see them. Yay?

(I wonder if Moynihan misses Saturday Night Live.  I mean, it's nice to be top-billed and I'm sure the paychecks were good, but to sink so quickly?  And he can't even really say that he got to work with John Larroquette, since the conceit of the show [Moynihan and Larroquette and some kid play the same character, at various stages of life] meant that they never shared a scene. Ah, well.)