Type keyword(s) to search

S35: Mike Zahalsky

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Rachel RSL said:

I can't stand him so far. And I really couldn't give you a reason why just yet, I just know that he bugged me for some reason.

For me, it was the words, "I'm a sex doctor!" Just freaking say you're a urologist who specializes in patients with sexual dysfunction. Don't go for the cheap thrills, Mike. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, simplyme said:

For me, it was the words, "I'm a sex doctor!" Just freaking say you're a urologist who specializes in patients with sexual dysfunction. Don't go for the cheap thrills, Mike. 

Don't you think the Producers put him up to that? 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Special K said:

I do.  I think the producers think the average CBS viewer gets confused by words over two syllables.  And they might be right. 

2 hours ago, Special K said:

Oh, I'm sure they did. I'm just pointing out the moment my dislike of Mike began and the trigger. It went downhill from there for me. 

Of course, it's the first episode. Lots of time to change my mind... or possible just be really irritated by him. Heh.

• Love 3

I feel like casting lets hopefuls know that if you want to play Survivor, you're going to have to play some reality TV games like throwing out phrases they feed you like 'sex doctor' and 'hustler', repeatedly.   And they weed out those who balk at the idea, or heavily suggest they're going to, so refusing probably isn't really an option on something this innocuous.  

When Kelly Wiglesworth got voted off SC, I remember her being asked about her extremely quiet edit.  And she said that all they wanted her to talk about was the game, her being on the first season, Sue's speech, and why this SC was such a big deal (as we saw others talk about over and over again in their TH).  She refused to play that card, so she got zero airtime.  Not the first time I've heard someone say that they got a quiet edit because they wouldn't talk about certain things or play up the theme. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3

I think the returning players have more power in that regard.  I remember Brenda's second season she clammed up and got no air time, too.   I feel like the new players are just so eager to play that they're more willing to do their bidding.  I'm guessing they get more bitter and cynical after maybe getting burned a little in editing on a first season, and from just being around the B.S. for months, too.  

I love that someone who’s such a so called super fan he named his son after a Survivor winner failed so miserably at whatever great plan he thought he was pulling off at TC.  I’m not exactly sure what that was, unless it was to show the majority alliance he’s an idiot and no threat.  If you want a good laugh, I suggest checking out his twitter. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1