Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Game Face: Things Get Harry

Underwhelming, indeed.  I did like seeing Robert just becuase he's funny, but I knew instantly that he would be the first to go.  While I do like that all the contestants were on Face Off, I barely remember most of them.  Since it's a one and done, I don't really have any emotional connection to them.  Added to that, the short time periods just don't allow generally for anything truly outstanding or creative, so I just don't really care.  I sort of watch it, but I will repeat what I said about Face Off:  Advertisers, you're not doing yourselves any favors by holding the results until after a bunch of commercials - that just guarantees that I FF past all commercials.  What I do like:  the judges' interactions. 

• Love 7

I want to like this but I find Im just not able to get emotionally connected like I can with the real Face Off. I think it's because they have to use pre-made prosthetics which just stunts the creativity. That and the super quick turn around is just leading to a big pile of BLAH. When does the real Face Off come back?

• Love 4

I had forgotten how funny Robert was.

Like Vee, I couldn't understand why Alana didn't wrap some rope around the model's head.

The show is worth watching just to see Rick Baker.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 4

I was happy for Alana...I guess?  She was hugely less annoying this time.  It probably helped that Mr. Westmore wasn't there for Alana to whine at.

The one thing that actually bummed me out here was that both the demon challenge and the Harry Potter challenge would have honestly been GREAT challenge ideas for the actual show.

Psst, Neville:  Jesus cast demons into a herd of pigs.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, starri said:

the Harry Potter challenge would have honestly been GREAT challenge ideas for the actual show.

In total agreement.  They had so many boxes for the two to chose from, that I guessed it was a 'decided not to do' left over.  The rope one did scream for ropes winding quickly around the models.

If I had the time, I'd love to do a collage of demons and what they were supposed to represent and turn it into a parlor game.  

I do stand by what I said during the first episode: two challenges is enough for one hour. 

• Love 1

I loved the original show until the dismal team season.  Had high hopes for Gameface and have been dissapointed...though it is nice to see old faves.

First, stop abusing animals.  Those fish were probably traumatized by all the rough handling.

Second, gluing prosthetics is always going to look lazy compared to sculpting and making your own mold.  

Third, and this is the most important, there is not enough time to do a proper facepaint, which defeats the purpose of the show.  

Did Alana used to have manic panic red hair?

• Love 1