Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Break-Time for Korey

• Start Topic

The race heads back to Newfoundland, where the season's first Face-Off leaves teams bowled over.

Kudos to being TARCAN's first all-female team to finish 6th, the last position without a representative ~

That was a good leg. Not as physical (other than the Dorry) but challenging and fun to watch for the most part. And Kudos for not doing some of the more traditional Newfie challenges. They managed to hit the Newfoundland spirit while not hitting as many of the cliches. Still don't really like the Face Off challenges, but this one mostly worked out IMO. As a maritimer I'd more prefer them to do Candlepin bowling, but 5 pin is fine too. :)

• Love 1

Jon is THE MAN!  Seriously I would like to know how many takes he needs to make the arrow bullseye/strike.

I agree with Ivana, why would anyone take getting road blocked personally, it is part of the game!

Kory's nature break was hilarious.  I think this is the first season I have actually seen players eat (not including during challenges) and go to the bathroom!

• Love 2

The promo had convinced me that this episode would be nothing but drama about Adam and Andrea letting Andrea and Ebonie get U-turned. In fact I was sure they teased us with a scene where Ebonie was clearly skeptical about Andrea's sincerity and Andrea became impatient. I don't think they showed any of that in the actual episode and in fact it seemed like Ebonie was more focused on Korey and Ivana.

I like the concept of the face off because of the potential to shake up the order but in this case I can't think of anyone who left in a different order from when they arrived.

• Love 1

I absolutely LOATHE the Face Off. These teams were lucky that they were all so close together. It would suck to have to sit around and wait for another team to show up.

So glad the Montreal girls are gone. I was always iffy on them but after they got all bitchy about the U-Turn, I was so done with them. Ebonie and her "I can't fake it around fake people" or whatever. Bitch, please! Nobody was being fake at all.  Ivana explained that it was nothing personal (not that she owed her an explanation at all) and Andrea explained why they didn't use the U-Turn and offered a sincere apology. Glad to see them gone!

I'm happy for Ginger Boyfriend that he got into medical school but, dude, don't tell us it was something you were working for your entire life...didn't he tell us in another episode that he only recently decided he wanted to go to med school? I mean, good for him but it just irked me. Maybe I was just cranky last night.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 4

Kory may be the quietest contestant I've ever seen race. He's coming out of his shell a little bit more saying a couple sentences each episode, but I swear there were episodes where we didn't hear a peep out of him. He's just a nice, quiet guy and I find it refreshing. On the US show they would probably pull him aside and insist he dial it up!  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Kory may be the quietest contestant I've ever seen race

except when he is peeing...too much moaning and grunting(?) for me, guess we got a pee---p out of him ;)

Edited by Blackie
grammer, added extremely funny pun, I could go on NFld standup

I thought Kory and Ivana were partners, but last night it said they were friends, he is quiet, yeah that was a long pee break..  I'm rooting for a Sam and Paul win, they're very efficient and treat each other well, as do all the other couples/pairs, I don't remember any unnecessary nastiness.  I liked the girls and was sorry to see them go.   

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I absolutely LOATHE the Face Off. These teams were lucky that they were all so close together. It would suck to have to sit around and wait for another team to show up.

It's more interesting than bunching caused by HOO, airports, or signing up for group start times. At least it has a component of skill to it. I wouldn't want to watch a race where one team takes a commanding lead and stays out front for the rest of the leg or the race, so I don't mind bunching and I think the Face Off is a creative way of achieving it.

• Love 1

That was a strange leg, because it wasn't a "dead team walking" situation for Andrea and Ebonie, but I totally expected them to be eliminated at the end. The structure gave them ample chances to get past the Speed Bump and stay in the race, but they underperformed every time they needed to step up. Classic example of a team that has reached its ceiling.

The comedy challenge didn't really work for me, but solo spoken memorisation tasks don't work as well on TV as well as dance routines or other non-verbal performances, even though TARCAN seems to like them. They're okay as challenges from a racing perspective, but watching them starts to drag quickly.

I'm ambivalent about the Face Off generally but liked this one and its positioning, because it spaced out teams' arrivals at the comedy club and gave everyone who wasn't in last place a guaranteed amount of time to work on the jokes before the next team showed up.

• Love 1

I find the hosers too loud and too On All The Time, but they were also U-Turned and did not complain at all to anyone, so I have to give them props for that.

The Montreal girls were saved enough times already, it was time for them to go.

• Love 3

This leg was interesting, in that it seemed like it should offer plenty of opportunity for placement shuffling, but I'm not sure it actually did. I think the order teams made it out of the airport was pretty much the order they finished in, which is normally boring, but it didn't feel that way watching it.

I had to laugh at the "rowing" performed by several of the teams. From the Giver boys paddling to Korey & Ivana each facing a different way, it was all just funny. I was especially amused when Ivana said something about having figured it out — except that I'm pretty sure she was facing forward at the time, which is not in fact how rowing works.

• Love 1