Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Family Matters

Kenny (JR Lemon) joins Drew (Brendan Fehr) at his MMA veteran's support group and finds himself in the fight of his life. Jordan (Jill Flint) and Cain (recurring guest star Mark Consuelos) treat casualties from a hotel fire while Shannon (Tanaya Beatty) follows a hunch to help save a young victim. Paul's (Robert Bailey Jr.) superstar sister, Dr. Bella Cummings (guest star Erica Tazel, "Justified"), pays a visit to San Antonio Memorial and provides desperately needed support during a busy shift. Meanwhile, TC (Eoin Macken) finally returns home, forcing him to deal with Topher's death.

Promo:

I'm sorry to put on my bitch hat, but the woman who plays Shannon is a terrible, dead-behind-the-eyes actress. She delivers her lines in such a monotone way. Her bad acting is distracting in every scene she's in. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Frisky Wig said:

I'm sorry to put on my bitch hat, but the woman who plays Shannon is a terrible, dead-behind-the-eyes actress. She delivers her lines in such a monotone way. Her bad acting is distracting in every scene she's in. 

I've been saying that since the first time I saw her.  I think she's such a terrible actress and I hate it every time she's on my tv screen.  I honestly don't understand how she got the job, with all the actresses out there looking for work.

• Love 1

So is there something beyond jumping the shark? Because I think this show started season one already on the other side of the shark, but this season is just so over the top...

I missed the episode after the one where Annie took her dive off the bridge and had just assumed that everyone found out, but after TC didn't mention her to Jordan, now I'm wondering-- was the body not found? Does no one know she's dead? 

I don't know much about directing, but it seemed like Eoin Macken did a not-terrible job, at the very least.

Re Shannon: I don't think Tanya Beatty is going to be winning an Emmy any time soon, but I don't think she's nearly as terrible as some people make her out to be... She does have a very distinct way of speaking, but in listening to the actress talk as herself, that's just the way she speaks. And I buy that for her character/ character's history, she's not the most emotional person. I thought the scene between her and the girl last night was well played.

• Love 3

I didn't think there was any doubt that Kenny would recover, although I didn't know if they would resolve it in one episode or drag it out, so I'm glad they finished that storyline up in one episode.  I didn't see the stabbing at the end coming, though, so that was interesting.

I figured out that the fireman was involved with the young girls (ewww!) as soon as the older one looked at the wife, baby and news media people and said something about how come the 'men never had to pay' or 'get blamed' or something like that.  Also, did anyone else notice that the hotel was named the 'Corpus Inn'?  So, the 'Body Inn'?

Still don't care about TC in Syria, but since he had a line about having to go back in a month, I guess there is more of that to come. 

4 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Re Shannon: I don't think Tanya Beatty is going to be winning an Emmy any time soon

I agree.  She isn't Meryl Streep, but I think at least some of Shannon's monotone is a choice she's making, to play her like Daria.

I don't think Shannon is a particularly interesting character, and unlike everybody but TC, she hasn't grown on me over time, but unlike TC, at least I don't want to yell "Shut up!" every time she opens her mouth.

• Love 1
(edited)

Did the new guy say he had been a nurse in Dallas? And run an ER in Nogales for 8 years? And is now a resident? This freaking guy has done a lot, no?

And, it isn't a true episode unless one of the hospital staff's life is in jeopardy. Who will it be next week?

And damn it, they killed Mac. I kinda liked him.

Edited by helpmerhonda
  • Love 1

It's not confirmed that Mac is dead. But I do hate that they went to all that trouble of having Drew get worked up, realize he was out of line, and then end up being right about the guy who injured Kenny. 

And incidentally, way to stigmatize mental illness, show!

• Love 3

Hey, Erica Tazel (Paul's sister)!  Always great to see a former Justified actor.  Now, they just need to bring Jacob Pitts as, I don't know, Scott's snarky, wisecracking brother or a snarky, wisecracking former military acquaintance of T.C., and I will be a happy man!

Didn't call the firefighter being a pedophile, until the girl said "men never have to pay," while looking at the collection for him.  And then I also remembered his wife mentioning something about not knowing they needed diapers, since he had claimed he was on a diaper run (which, ew.  Way to make it even more disgusting then it already is.)  At least this time I enjoyed Jordan unleashing on someone once she found out.

All I could imagine when Cain ran into the burning building, was T.C. watching somewhere and going "Dude, what the hell?  That's my thing!  Not yours!!"

So, Kenny gets injured after Drew pairs him up with someone who is clearly suffering from a form of PTSD in his MMA club, leading to a massive blowout between Drew and Mac.  But thankfully Kenny pulls through and Drew apologizes, only for the guy to show back up and knife Mac in the parking lot.  At least Drew and some of the nurses where there to automatically get to him, but it is not looking good.

It  wasn't PTSD, he lied about being overseas.  It was some form of psychosis and he was off his meds.

As if being a pedophile wasn't bad enough, the fire fighter deliberately left her in the Inn so she couldn't tell on him.  Blech.

On 2017-07-28 at 9:14 PM, helpmerhonda said:

Did the new guy say he had been a nurse in Dallas? And run an ER in Nogales for 8 years? And is now a resident? This freaking guy has done a lot, no?

I thought he said that he had done his medical training in Dallas.  He was only working as a nurse at the start of the season because he thought he couldn't get a medical residency in the US.

• Love 2

Are you kidding....more characters getting it on with each other!!!! I was praying it wasn't going to be Jordan why her what is so special........???!!!!!! ugh ...the show has turned into just "night shift" soap opera . I watched for the medical drama and a few side personal story lines but the hook ups are ridiculous... I'm out..........

On 7/28/2017 at 10:05 AM, Ohwell said:

I've been saying that since the first time I saw her.  I think she's such a terrible actress and I hate it every time she's on my tv screen.  I honestly don't understand how she got the job, with all the actresses out there looking for work.

She is suppose to have that attitude.. I guess it doesn't fit in with all the other "easy access" characters..