Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: The Kind Of Man You Are

Joimiaroxeu
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Tommy executes a plan to divert the attention of prosecutors; Teresi begins a blackmail scheme after learning information about Ghost; Tariq seeks out Kanan.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

I'm still asking: How the eff is Angela allowed to interview persons of interest or offer plea deals if she's 100% compromised? Now she's managed to get back onto the prosecution team. Do they want to lose the case? Because that's how you lose the case.

John Mak is so cocky. I'm looking forward to the whole case blowing up in his face, especially when it comes out that his right hand man Mike has been doing dirt even deeper than Angela.

Kanan needs to die yesterday just for what he's doing to Tariq. Feeding a kid alcohol and drugs is child abuse and what must surely be an additional laundry list of felonies. And now he's got Tariq telling him which of his rich classmates' homes to rob and hacking into their security systems. I hope Tasha is the one who eventually gets to kill Kanan but I fear it'll be Tariq.

Trying to blackmail Ghost? Oh no, I see a quick and painful prison hit coming for this Teresi guy as soon as James figures everything out.

• Love 7

I can't decide who I hate more; Tariq or Angela. I think Angela because Tariq IS a teenager and most teenagers are assholes...And he did stick up for his sister, I think....but gotdamn giving kanaan, (KANAAN!) the penthouse pass code??? That's definitely gonna come back on Tasha in one way or another. 

Angela is being a SUPER dick because she thinks he dumped her for his WIFE.

I bet if he hadn't broken things off, none of this would have happened.

I feel the worst for the daughter, she is the real victim in all this.

I wish someone from Greg's family spotted Angela and slapped the taste out of her mouth.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I'm still asking: How the eff is Angela allowed to interview persons of interest or offer plea deals if she's 100% compromised? Now she's managed to get back onto the prosecution team. Do they want to lose the case? Because that's how you lose the case.

Lawyers: this is totally fucked up, right? Because it seems totally fucked up and like something that would never actually happen.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, MV713 said:

This felt like a filler episode, not much happened.

Hoping next week moves things forward more.

I think this season is going to move slowly. We know Ghost will get out (the show is renewed for at least another season) so I think this will mostly be him in jail and everyone scrambling on the outside.

I loved the courtroom scene.  While Angela having anything to do with this case is inexplicable, at least the judge and that aspect was good and plausible.  I also like Turtle far more this season.

I can't stand Tariq.  I know the annoying teen is an overused TV trope, but this kid is freaking ridiculous.

I know 50 wants to be on the show, but Kanan is a serious negative for Power.   He's got to go at the end of this season.

• Love 8
(edited)

Charlie Murphy is hilarious as the prison guard taunting Ghost ("I blame it on bad parenting" Ha!) RIP, Charlie.

Why is Kanan still alive? 50 Cent's acting is appallingly bad.

Felt bad for Raina. She really does believe in her dad.

Proctor is so far the standout for me this season. Jerry Ferrara is making the most of his expanded role.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Charlie Murphy is hilarious as the prison guard taunting Ghost ("I blame it on bad parenting" Ha!) RIP, Charlie.

Why is Kanan still alive? 50 Cent's acting is appallingly bad.

Felt bad for Raina. She really does believe in her dad.

Proctor is so far the standout for me this season. Jerry Ferrara is making the most of his expanded role.

Raina is more naive but she's intelligent, her comments regarding being on their best behavior, Tariq NOT getting into trouble at school was very perceptive and responsible.

Ghost is a criminal and a murderer, and he's in prison for the one person he DIDNT kill. I was waiting for Tasha to point out that she and Ghost had reconciliation sex and thus were "back together" in the marital sense. Again I don't do criminal law but I think breaking spousal privledge requires much more than "I was mad and sold my ring, he slept on the couch" but more of "we were publicly separated, had separate finances, residences and lives for a distinct period of time"  

Tariq is just a little shit. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I wonder if the separation agreement will make an appearance. They both signed it so they were legally separated, right?

I thought the separation agreement WASN'T SIGNED? I could be wrong it was a long time ago I watched Season 3. 

The Kanan/Tariq storyline is only there to give 50-cent something to do.  It adds NOTHING and could be eliminated without the show missing a beat.  Good for Tariq for standing up for his sister.  Bad for Tariq to still be running around with Kanan like they're friends from way back.

It's about time something "good" happened for Ghost.  Prosecutor is too arrogant for things not to start coming back on him.  BUT, he still can't put Angela back on the case.  He made a mistake with the traffic stop and the way to fix it is to put a clearly compromised/conflict-of-interest lawyer back on the team?!?!  Yeah, that's not going to come back to bite him later.  And, why would he do it?  He has some semblance of intelligence and recognized early on that she can't be on the team.

The final scene seemed silly.  Not really sure why the lawyer would challenge "a man like Ghost" like that.  If he recognizes Ghost for who he is, then he should be leery of the violence Ghost is willing to commit.  Remember, Ghost IS on trial for shooting a federal agent.  Oh you're safe while the trial is going on, but what about after?  What if Ghost is one for carrying grudges and doesn't like being disrespected?  Best to do the job and keep your personal feelings to yourself.  Just saying.

• Love 3

I think the Tariq (Reek) and Kanan storyline is just as important as any of the others. Fitty doesn't need something to do he is a major part of the show. Because one of the themes is the suspicion of disloyalty amongst them all. All of them!

I love this season but only hoping they do not drag the courst thing on for too long. But so far, it has grown a lot each episode. And how you like that deal Angie tried to play on Ghost? Briefly, he considered it but his character isn't that weak.

I like it when he takes care of business and can't wait for him to get out so he can do just that. With Tommy going after the haters and all in!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

And how you like that deal Angie tried to play on Ghost? Briefly, he considered it but his character isn't that weak.

I like it when he takes care of business and can't wait for him to get out so he can do just that. With Tommy going after the haters and all in!

I knew he wouldn't take the deal but I am surprised to read on the blogs how many people want Ghost locked up or dead.... Not that I am a huge fan of his actions but Power without Ghost and Tommy is no longer Power

• Love 1

Three episodes in and everyone still keeps their clothes on.  That has to be a record for this show :P  I thought Mak would get it on with Angie by episode 3. I lost that bet :P

Ghost without Angie was good.  The actor got to stretch his acting skills beyond looking like a love sick puppy dog. :D

Tommy is crazy.  It looks like Julio's days are numbered

I also liked the young black lawyer's put down towards Ghost at the end

Riq was still dumb

• Love 1

All this court stuff is so illogical considering how compromised the case is because of dumb ass Angela.  That being said, I am so here for the judge ("yes, fuck all the way off!") and will watch the trial scenes with glee as he continues to put all those dummies in their place.

• Love 3
On 7/11/2017 at 10:19 AM, MV713 said:

Why is NO ONE following Tariq?

Because they all hate him as much as we do and they're secretly hoping that someone will slit his throat and pull his tongue through the gaping hole.

• Love 7

Lawyers: this is totally fucked up, right? Because it seems totally fucked up and like something that would never actually happen.

Yes, this is totally fucked up. There is no way in hell Angela would be anywhere near this case. She should've been fired last year when they found out her involvement, or shipped off to an office in Alaska, but to have her actively involved in a case where she has so many obvious and known conflicts of interest, no way in hell. This is how Ghost gets off, prosecutorial misconduct, evidence tampering, etc., and we will have Angela to thank.

• Love 5