Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Fanfiction

• Start Topic

what? No, of course not. I love all of your stories no matter what! I might not agree with the characters at times, but that is what makes it a good story.  You have a talent of keeping these characters in true form while adding your own personal touches that makes us  always wanting more and more from you. Keep it up!  The details you put into your stories is what makes you one of my favorite writers ever. Seriously consider writing a original story of your own someday. Of course keep writing GG fics.

What if Luke didn't lend Lorelai the money to finish the Dragonfly? What if she got it from someone else in her life? How does that change things for our Stars Hollow pair?

Purrycat has posed a unique and shocking question and started a new chapter story to answer it. Title: It's About Time.

Chapter 1 is up. Enjoy!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11214560/1/

Edited by junienmomo
(edited)

I'm posting via my phone so it's hard to do links, but you all should know that the second (much happier!) half of April is now posted at FF dot net by deepfriedcake-- making A Year in the Hollow almost but not quite complete!

ETA link to chapter:  April Resolved: Welcome Home

Edited by eledgy

Bittersweet news!

Our beloved deepfriedcake has posted the final chapter to A Year in the Hollow--What a Difference a Year Makes.

What an amazing thing she's done! Another wonderful, and wonderfully long and detailed, story, as good or better than any she's done before-- AND she kept to it all year long, posting the chapter or chapters ABOUT each month IN the corresponding month (I think every time but once).

Just an amazing effort on her part, considering not just the time and effort that goes into the quality of writing like hers, but that she makes it a priority to keep writing even when life and work and family all demand so much from her as well. We are all the beneficaries!  Plus here, she doesn't just post her own wonderful stuff, but she betas and greets and encourages and pimps and cajoles us all to review and support each other.  

She's gonna get all mad at me for gushing, but I don't care! (Just like Sookie didn't care when she told Lorelai what Luke did...).

We're ALL the better for her presence here in our little GG fic-writing community, so THANKS DFC!!!

• Love 3

Bittersweet news!

Our beloved deepfriedcake has ..

We're ALL the better for her presence here in our little GG fic-writing community, so THANKS DFC!!!

Not so bittersweet when you read the whole chapter! Very good news actually for a wonderful author.

• Love 2

I've been completely overwhelmed by the outpouring of love I've received after posting the last chapter of " A Year in the Hollow," so I wanted to just say thanks to everyone. And I'm very happy that a lot of readers have already accepted their invitation to the wedding! Of course, I have plenty of other ideas to keep me busy over the summer, so don't be surprised to see my name pop up from time to time.

And Eledgy - I'd say the check is in the mail, but my bank account isn't robust enough to pay you everything you deserve. If it wasn't for you, I don't know if I'd even still be writing, so I owe you big time!

Thanks again to you all.

• Love 2

Like buds bursting open in springtime, we have a BUNCH of updated and even some new fanfic. Here’s the latest list to accompany Fishbag’s update to Little White Lies.

Starcrossed Lovers and Other Bombshells by elang4 and nzlouise
Have you been feeling the GG ff love shooting around the globe? This collaboration between nzlouise and elang4 is on fire! They’ve published 3 chapters since May 21 in their saga Starcrossed Lovers and other Bombshells.
Brilliantly triggered by Lauren Graham’s S1 blooper bouncing around the internet, Lorelai accidentally confesses, “That’s why I love you.”
Chapter 3 is up, with Rory, Tristan, Rachel, Luke and Lorelai providing the excitement.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11262384/3/Starcrossed-Lovers-and-Other-Bombshells

Say Something Else by DSLeo
DSLeo is the queen of hilariously AU oneshots, and has a new one for us this week.
Say Something Else, set right after the vow renewal breakup, turns a mirror on Luke as he wallows in his despair. The light reflecting off that mirror comes from a feisty pair of young blue eyes.
Watch Luke squirm. Watch Lorelai’s hair ache. Watch DSLeo save us from the torture that was Season 6.
OK, maybe it’s read instead of watch. Get over it. Please?

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11281507/1/

It's About Time by Purrycat
Jason's back in all his neurotic glory. Today we have a talking key for you as well as a man who wears different color socks from Luke. And a sweet, intimate friendship moment between Luke and Lorelai as they learn about each other as well as about themselves. One of my favorite FF moments ever.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11214560/3/It-s-About-Time

Piecing us Back Together by Brittaden
Brittaden’s third chapter of Piecing us Back Together will knock your socks off with her perfectly balanced Emily. There’s crazy as well as loving, and (spoiler) a hint of vicious trollop. Definitely one of the best ways for L/L to face their S6/S7 issues. No Pod Lorelai here, thank god.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11222849/3/Piecing-us-Back-Together

Brittaden has given us two more gifts this month:

Like I mentioned earlier, she’s taken a brilliant side road with Lorelai and Rory after the ultimatum  in chapter 4 of her Piecing Us Back Together – Driving Miss Gilmore indeed. This time they did not forget the CDs and they’ve made some new road trip rules.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11222849/4/Piecing-us-Back-Together

We also gloriously receive a new “Presenting” story to follow up on her Presenting Luke and Presenting a Wedding. She’s now Presenting the Whole Package.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11303029/1/Presenting-the-Whole-Package

As if we didn't all owe CoffeeDrinker a huge amount of thanks already for being our eyes and ears in Austin last week, now she's gone and given us a new story as well! Go read and let her know how grateful you are!

Just Play Along

(And just a warning, Luke and Lorelai are playing along in an adult story here!)

Here's a roundup of new or updated Luke- and Lorelai-oriented fanfiction. A treasure trove of fun!

(Note: does not include stories and updates regularly posted here by other members.)

New and Complete: 

Repeatedly and creatively, Chris finally gets what he deserves. by DSLeo

Acme Presents 7 Ridiculous Deaths of Chris

New (including new to me)

A Stars Hollow romp as DodgerHolden swaps roles between the GG and the Danes Boys. I'm kinda addicted to this story.

The Danes Boys

Two updates from Natalie122333

Two updates from Brittaden

Purrycat

A deliciously long update to Coffee and Flannel with Souvenirs, set as Rory and Lorelai return from Europe. 

Coffee and Flannel: Souvenirs

nzlouise and elang4 co-write Chapter 8 update to Starcrossed Lovers and Other Bombshells. Luke and Rory bonding, with Emily, Richard and Tristan thrown in for good measure. Even a dash of Paris.

Love how much gets posted over a weekend! This is not meant to be a comprehensive list, but here are some of the ones that I'm reading that have been posted or updated recently:

DFC has brought another one over from BWR-- Chicken Little. Always great when Luke gets some sense knocked into him, literally and figuratively. Plus this one has the potential to be part of a larger series ... fingers crossed...

Chapter 7 of Brittaden's great fix-it fic, Piecing Us Back Together  is up. Really enjoyed the detailed Luke and Lorelai conversation she created in this chapter.

dodgerholden's Danes Boys is up to Chapter 8. Dramatic tension is definitely building in this one...

DSLeo posts yet another creative take on GG: Uncle Louie Weighs In

Things are looking up in Chapter 11 of Star-crossed Lovers and Other Bombshells by nzlouise and elang4.

And now, junienmomo gets a whole separate post!  I just went to her page on ff dot net to try and summarize all she's posted since last getting pimped here and wow! Not sure it can be done.

So, highlights:

Since posting her first story:

Knee Deep

last fall, she's added 10 more!  

My two current favorites of hers, both still in progress, are:

Luke Fixed It              (it's up to Chapter 6)

and

A Really Nice Man      (it's up to Chapter 8)

And she finished Bon Voyage Book, in a most satisfying, ordinary, lovely way.

But by all means, go to her page and check out all of her stories!

AND, she's also put together -- curated if you will -- the longest list of GG authors I've ever seen, via her favorite authors list on ff.  It's all there: the good, the bad, the ugly... the blessedly incomplete and the cursedly incomplete...  I've been having fun working my way down her list over the past few months, and am so grateful she's put that work in.  Are you an archivist in real life, Junie?  :-)

Her favorite stories list is also incredibly long, if you prefer to find stories that way.

I'll be back sometime soon to list a few of the new authors I've encountered and liked due to her list, some old stories I had once read but forgotten, and to mention just a very few GG authors I think she's missed.

Bottom line:  THANK YOU JUNIE!!

• Love 1
AND, she's also put together -- curated if you will -- the longest list of GG authors I've ever seen, via her favorite authors list on ff.  It's all there: the good, the bad, the ugly... the blessedly incomplete and the cursedly incomplete...  I've been having fun working my way down her list over the past few months, and am so grateful she's put that work in.  Are you an archivist in real life, Junie?  :-)

Her favorite stories list is also incredibly long, if you prefer to find stories that way.

I'll be back sometime soon to list a few of the new authors I've encountered and liked due to her list, some old stories I had once read but forgotten, and to mention just a very few GG authors I think she's missed.

Bottom line:  THANK YOU JUNIE!!

You're very welcome, eledgy, and I'm more than a little overwhelmed by your message, but thank you for posting it.

I'm much more an information junkie than an archivist, but I am systematically collecting the stories and authors that I like on those two lists. I also love to share the new/old stories I've discovered. Too bad there's no way to include comments or reviews on those lists, that would be helpful when I want to find a particular story again.

As a Javajunkie as well as the information junkie bit, I've read well over a thousand stories since discovering ff last fall, quite possibly approaching two thousand.

The creativity of ff authors is immense and has remarkably enhanced my enjoyment of GG. My current goal is to read all of the stories found by searching for the keyword "Luke." That list is at 3,080 and counting, the latest 8 published or updated in the past week.

Eventually my lists will settle out into my opinion of the best of Luke and Lorelai ff, plus other miscellaneous stories.

Eledgy, your stories are legendary (link here) and are right at the top of my favorites. Thank you for writing.

If anyone is writing GG ff, feel free to let me know via a PM on the ff site. I'm happy to pimp others' work, because, well, you know, sharing is caring, and ff is much better than half a popsicle. ;)

• Love 1
(edited)

One Tequila, two Tequila, three Tequila, ...

To find out the rest and to watch Christopher and Luke hilariously connect in a way that is a seems unimaginable, but ultimately provides a very possible perspective on their individual relationships with Lorelai, read Time and a Bottle, a completed fiction from DSLeo.

This is both a great Christopher fanfic and a brilliantly insightful reconciliation of Luke and Lorelai after WBB.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11370255/1/Time-and-a-Bottle

Edited by junienmomo

Two rated "M" treats in one weekend!  From CofffeDrinker (see above post) AND a new chapter from a long-quiet author, Sleepy Zucchini!  Chapter 5---Friday of her A Week in the Life of New Lovers has been posted, and it's quite enjoyable. Hee.

As well:

Brittaden has posted Chapter 4 of Presenting the Whole Package

MsTiggy is up to Chapter 19 in Gypsy Beans

And Junienmomo added Chapter 7 to Luke Fixed It

​(Have I mentioned lately that I love the weekends?)

Our very own Takalotti has updated her Marty/Rory story and the drama is developing at a fast pace!

Not only do we have Naked Guy in the M-rated fanfic, but there's also an Almost Naked Girl.

The new chapter 2 is Rory at her delightfully angsty worst. 

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7108117/1/Almost-Naked-Girl

Oh wow! Thanks for the pimp, junie! I really wasn't expecting that since it's not a L/L story and that's usually the favorite kind :)

I also laughed at "Rory at her delightfully angsty worst." It sounds like a compliment, but also doesn't ;)

Thanks again!

• Love 1

Hey everyone, I was wondering if I could get some good pre- series recommendations? I've read a couple of good ones and I'm really fascinated by anything involving what happened after Lor moved to Star's Hollow and before Rory started Chilton. Preferably fics where the focus is Lor and Rory and not necessarily shipping/romance focused (though I won't be against it if it is really good!). Thanks :)

Happy to see a passel of updates and new stories from some of my favorite authors, all on the front page of ff dot net GG page!

Right near the top:

The first chapter of A Wedding in the Hollow, a sequel (yay!) from deepfriedcake.

New chapter of Scenes from a Marriage, which gjoni has been bringing over from "the legendary BWR", as she says in her summary.

New chapter of Piecing us Back Together, Brittaden's lovely "fixing season 6" fic.

New chapter of Speak Now by Musical Redhead. I love this story and this author, check her out!

And scrolling further down, as I have been neglecting these pimping updates:  (back in a minute or two...)

Edited by eledgy

A one shot from Purry Cat, also of the fixing Season 6 persuasion:  Vanilla Fish. She also posted a new chapter of her ongoing series Coffee and Flannel, which I initially missed due to it being behind the M filter. I found this latest installment hilarious, taking off from a certain reality of the episode where Lorelai buys Luke all the new clothes and Rachel walks in on the fashion show...

Junie added a new chapter to the richly layered Relationship Renaissance earlier this month, and to Relationship Renaissance Gets Dirty as well. 

And just at the beginning of the month, the always clever DSLeo added a one-shot, Sin of Omission, which she describes in her summary as a "wishful deleted scene" from the ever-popular season 6. 

That's it from me for now. Please add your own faves! And perhaps I should ask--does anyone read these pimps?  Need these pimps?  Or are you all signed up for updates from your favorite authors anyway, and I should just call your attention to new authors, or to 'classic' authors whose work I re-discover? Would love the feedback.

happy reading!  ~eledgy~

Edited by eledgy

Hi folks,

Sorry no updates from me lately, vacation and other stuff kept me away. 

Here are some more updates that eledgy hadn't caught up with yet.:

Natalie122333 has updated Our Little Family, a post S7 L/L are married fic.

What about Sid and Nancy has a new chapter from Nessaiya, post-partings, but no Christopher you know what.

Livelovegilmore has started a story about a certain couple who actually did marry on June 3, How Lorelai Gilmore Handled Marriage.

Elang4 has a new chapter for The Gilmore Boy, a twin story in which Rory has a brother.

Starcrossed Lovers and Other Bombshells has been updated by nzlouise in her collaboration with elang4. Imagine what can happen when Richard and Emily invite Lorelai, Luke and Rory along to Martha's Vineyard.

oywiththepoodles22 has a new story since mid August, Celestial Cove, in which Lorelai and Rory live in California, but still have connections back to Connecticut. Jess is heavily involved in a very interesting way. 

Natalie122333 has a Luke POV story about S7 called It's for the Best. Six angst-filled chapters already.

Sandy, here's one for you: a oneshot with Lorelai and Rory preseries. short and sweet. Titled: Morning.

Luke as a farmer/Lorelai as a college student in Sunshine in the Thunder by TrulyScrumptious103 has a nice update, although I'm getting anxious about when we'll be able to find out what was really going on in Chapter 1. Technically also preseries.

I'm still lovin' affectivefallacy's On Common Ground, a preseries in which Jess comes as a child to Stars Hollow. Wonderful characterizations here. 

Weight is a poignant post-Richard's death interchange between Lorelai and Luke by ksfd89.

Last week a reviewer said to me “All I need is an update from Eledgy and everything would be perfect!” Well, I have good news! Eledgy has updated!

Unfortunately, I also have bad news. FF went all wonky on her and formatted her story very weirdly and also didn’t accept her final edits. And yet more bad news, she isn’t home tonight and so the fixing will have to wait until much later tonight or tomorrow.

So whenever she gets it all fixed and looking pretty, I’ll be back with the link to Chapter 37, Thanksgiving Variations!

If you enjoy Lorelai and Luke presenting a strong united front against a disapproving Richard and Emily (and who doesn't, really?), check out  Chapter 2, Mean Girls and Chinese Food of deepfriedcake's A Wedding in the Hollow.

​And if you enjoy the people who love Lorelai, plus one relative stranger, getting fed up and telling her all sorts of truth, and the fun results that flow from that (and who doesn't, really?), check out junienmomo's Top of the Tower. She posted all three lovely chapters at once, and it's complete!  Love that! (Says the woman still working on chapter 38 of a seemingly never-ending story...)

Question for all you fan fic readers and writers:

I've been reading a random GG fic, as I often do, and the writer keeps apologizing at the end of chapters in which she includes dialogue from the show.

Is this a thing? As in, something a fan fic author should avoid, or something that irritates readers?

I've done this more than once in my stories, so I'm curious whether I was breaking a convention, or annoying people, or not. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Question for all you fan fic readers and writers:

I've been reading a random GG fic, as I often do, and the writer keeps apologizing at the end of chapters in which she includes dialogue from the show.

Is this a thing? As in, something a fan fic author should avoid, or something that irritates readers?

I've done this more than once in my stories, so I'm curious whether I was breaking a convention, or annoying people, or not. Would love to hear your thoughts!

It doesn't annoy/irritate me, but then again I've done it from time to time so I'm not exactly unbiased. If there is a convention against it, I clearly don't know about it either :)

I'd assume it's just something about the author's personality. Perhaps she feels like taking someone else's characters/world is already cheating or using a crutch, so taking dialog is like that only squared. Perhaps she feels like it indicates she couldn't come up with something more original and feels insecure about that. Or maybe it's a passive way of fishing for compliments. (Saying, "Sorry I borrowed dialog" to invite hearing "No no! I like what you did with it! Sooo much better than the show.")

Edited by takalotti

We're definitely on a roll here, people! Fish Bag updated Little White Lies!

Chapter 4 - No One Comes to Mind

I'll add some comments about using dialogue from the show, too. I've certainly done it in plenty of my stories. To me, it's sort of part and parcel of writing fanfic to begin with. I mean, you're taking bits and pieces from the show and trying to mold them into something that's a little bit different, something that makes the story shift more the way you wished it was. When I throw in something directly from the show, I hope it brings a smile to the reader when they recognize it. Of course, after 15 years of working in libraries, I'm also acutely aware that those words aren't mine, so I'm also anxious to make sure that everyone knows I'm only borrowing them. Usually in my author's notes I make reference to using some dialogue directly from the show, if I do. But as long as everyone's clear about what's going on, I don't think there's anything to apologize for.

• Love 1

Can't remember the title or the author, but I'm looking for a fanfic that was a take-off on The Amazing Race where Luke and Lorelai represented Stars Hollow in a race.  I'm sure it was on the wonderful, now defunct BWR.  Anybody know if the story is still out there somewhere?  Lulu?