Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Fanfiction

• Start Topic

Aww, thanks, Gooey! I wondered what was going on yesterday afternoon, because I suddenly got notifications that 3 more people were following 'Year.'  I'm going to chalk that up to you playing town crier for me! (And I'm pretty sure there are going to be 2 chapters in November, so your patience will be rewarded.)

New to this fanfic business, but I'm so grateful that it exists! So many brilliant ideas and moving stories.

I'll move discussion on my post over to All Episode Talk, but I would like to compliment Mag68 for her treatment of Lane in Ch 36 of That Couple Life. It would have been a brilliant arc for Lane if the show writers had pursued something similar.

Link to the chapter: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4064341/36/That-Couple-Life

This news should make many people very happy. (Lulu, I'm looking at you!) Through some nail-biting trials and tribulations, CoffeeDrinker has updated her classic "It's Right There" to include the M-Rated content once available in the BWR version. So if you want to experience this fantastic story in all of its glory, please go check it out and let her know how much you appreciate the effort she put into restoring it.

It's Right There

Also, Musical Redhead has posted Chapter 3 of The Ballad of Digger Stiles.

And Junienmomo, did you post a story too? Congratulations! It makes me so happy to welcome new writers into the fold! Knee Deep

• Love 1
And Junienmomo, did you post a story too? Congratulations!

*Blush* Thanks, I've toyed with several plots, but Knee Deep is the first one to finish. My dream is to write a Season 8 story, but I am in awe of you all who have written so many multi-chapter stories. Kudos. 

I'd say I'm sorry for posting here so much recently -- but I'm not sorry at all! Because every time I post, it means some wonderful story has popped to the top of the list at FF!

Today's marvelous title:

From the Frying Pan Into the Fire -- And Out Again?

Yes!!!! Fish Bag updated/completed her gorgeous, emotional story. Go read, and please let her know you loved it. She's a little nervous yet about posting, so we need to do all we can to encourage her.

• Love 1

By now you surely know that I have a weakness for stories that highlight secondary characters in the Gilmore world. This one is definitely worth a look -- it's about a young Sookie and her summer experience with Bung and Feldman!

Radio Up, Windows Down by Bexish

Since it doesn't feature Rory's twin and Tristan, it's sadly lacking reviews, even though it's tons better than a lot of the stuff I've glanced at recently. So if you feel so inclined, please go give her some love!

• Love 1

Since it doesn't feature Rory's twin and Tristan, it's sadly lacking reviews, even though it's tons better than a lot of the stuff I've glanced at recently.

Snort. And, I second the recommendation. I'm often hesitant about secondary character fics, but both this one and the Ballad of Digger Stiles linked to above are really well written and quite intriguing.

And...the always well-written and intriguing deepfriedcake herself has posted the first of TWO November installments of her lovely story, A Year in the Hollow--Birthday Boy. Halfway through said year, folks--methinks there might still be a few bumps in the road to true love and happiness!

• Love 1

I'm enjoying the Digger one, and also, Gypsy Beans by MsTiggy. It's primarily Rory /Jess.

Anyone have Thanksgiving L/L fic recommendations?  DFC's A Deep-Fried Thanksgiving Goose comes immediately to mind, and Mag's slip of ADFKT: Out of the Kitchen and Into the Deep Fryer...any others remembered fondly?

And last but not least, anyone up for a GG Christmas mini-ficathon?  I have a Christmas related one-shot I started last year, but it was very close to Christmas when I thought of it and so didn't get done. Knowing that a few others were working on Christmas stories might inspire me to go back to it....

Excellent!

Should we aim for December 24th or 25th, but welcome late entries into the New Year?  I know the end of the year holidays vary for people in terms of when is busiest....

Also, spread the word to any fic-writing peeps who may not be around here or Lumpy Potatoes--could be just the thing to get some authors back into the fold!

Edited by eledgy
  • Love 1

Question: does anyone have or know anyone who has saved "Variation in Theme" by Kinofille saved on their computer? Only three chapters are posted on ff.net and, although uncompleted, 16 chapters was posted on BWR, but the site doesn't work.

Question: does anyone have or know anyone who has saved "Variation in Theme" by Kinofille saved on their computer? Only three chapters are posted on ff.net and, although uncompleted, 16 chapters was posted on BWR, but the site doesn't work.

Hi Nanrad--great question! At the time I started writing my fic that was inspired by Kinofille's classic, I asked the same thing, and also tried to see if anyone was still in touch with her.  I had no luck, but with so many viewers and a few authors of old coming back around due to the Netflix release and resulting GG love in the media...maybe we'll get lucky! 

Edited by eledgy
  • Love 1

Thanks, elegy, I know in the X-Files fandom, you can find someone who may have saved the fic on their computer--do people still do that--but that fic may seriously be lost on the internet. I'd really love to know how the story up until chapter 16 turned out, could you possibly tell me?

It's official, we're going to go ahead with the GG Christmas/winter/New Year's/snow-in-Connecticut mini ficathon!

(That ridiculously long title is for inclusiveness purposes only--your story doesn't have to contain all of that!  :-)

Not a ton of volunteers yet, but we're optimistic more writers will join in.

Guidelines?

• All ratings, pairings, characters welcome.
  • Aim for posting by Dec. 24th or 25th, but anytime before OR after is fine--we know how busy this time of year can be! 

Last but not least, PM your favorite current or past GG authors and invite them to join in!

Edited by eledgy

Thanks for the plug, DFC!

And in turn:

Musical Redhead has posted the final chapter to her offbeat, great story, The Ballad of Digger Stiles.

Junienmomo is up to Chapter 4 in Relationship Renaissance, which starts with the waltz in LWF,TWT then veers AU, with nice results. She's also up to Chapter 10 (!) in her M-rated post-finale story, Bon Voyage Book.

MsTiggy's Gypsy Beans is another story I've been enjoying--Chapter 14 was posted last weekend.

There's more (yay!) but I'll leave the list there for now!

Edited by eledgy

Here's a story that looks like it's going to be an enjoyable one!

Bonfires and Bon Mots by KellyKelly08

Four chapters up already. I've only read the first one so far, but it was very cute! Remember, if you read it and like it, leave her a little review to encourage her to continue.

And Java -- thanks for pimping me the last few chapters! It's appreciated!

Brittaden posted a sweet Christmas fanfic, Secret Santa.

Lovely story!

Hope everyone else is still working on their holiday piece. Mine's in process.

Can't wait to read yours, Junie! I'm doing final edits on the next chapter of Variations--as soon as I'm done I'll turn to my Christmas story, which is all mapped out in my head. It won't be super-long, so though I'm unlikely to get it posted by Thursday, I think it will be up sometime between Christmas and New Year's.

A few other authors have posted holiday stories this year:

(not taking any credit here, just pimping, as I don't think they were necessarily in response to the ficathon call...)

Stiles Family Holiday Special by Musical Redhead (a lovely addendum to her wonderful, happy-ending ode to the quirky Jason, The Ballad of Digger Stiles)

A Stars Hollow Family Christmas by Ultrawoman, a "missing scenes" holiday story for one of her current works in progress, the AU What Might've Been.

And finally, for me, it wouldn't be Christmas without an annual re-read of Mag68's glorious Twelve Days. One of my all-time favorite GG fics, any time of the year.

Anyone else have Christmas faves from days of yore they'd like to remind us of?

Edited by eledgy