Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

As for episode titles I like "A Time For wolves" for the first episode and "A Dream For Spring" for the last episode.  I also like "Ice and Fire" for whatever episode Jon and Dany get married in.  I also would like "Winter fell" for the battle up North and "King's Landing" for the battle down south.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

I wish I wasn't because it would indeed be awesome :)) Jon/Dany can still fight together with their dragons, fingers crossed. I'm certain Jon and Arya are going to fight side by side and I can't wait. Arya already has Catspaw, but it isn't a sword...I want to know what was written about it in the book Sam was reading because I feel it might be a crucial element in the Living's victory.

I wonder if there's a play on the words somewhere, Heartsbane for Giantsbane or something? LOL. OTOH the Hound is kind of a member of the Brotherhood now, so I'd say he'd get a flaming sword...except that for obvious reasons, it probably won't happen. He's one of the strongest fighters, logic would say he gets one of the best weapons. Either Valyrian steel, or the secret one Gendry is going to devise?

I think that Sam and Gendry working together will figure out how Valyrian Steel is being made.  I think that is what is written in the book.  Also I like the idea of Jon's best friend and Arya's best friend working together.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Sunshinegal said:

As for episode titles I like "A Time For wolves" for the first episode and "A Dream For Spring" for the last episode.

This would be perfect IMO. 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Sunshinegal said:

I think that Sam and Gendry working together will figure out how Valyrian Steel is being made.  I think that is what is written in the book.  Also I like the idea of Jon's best friend and Arya's best friend working together.

Gendry and Gilly being in scenes together would be funny, too, because of Skins.

It seems that Joe alluded to filming with Jacob this season (they were friends before they were cast on GoT). War council or battle scenes or both?

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Sunshinegal said:

As for episode titles I like "A Time For wolves" for the first episode and "A Dream For Spring" for the last episode.  I also like "Ice and Fire" for whatever episode Jon and Dany get married in.  I also would like "Winter fell" for the battle up North and "King's Landing" for the battle down south.

Good point. Three out of seven episode titles in Season 7 were place names, which seems lazy to me except I look back and a lot of previous episode titles were just phrases from the books ("Blood of My Blood," "Dark Wings, Dark Words," etc.) which isn't much better, so I could see that trend continuing in Season 8. "Winterfell" has never been an episode title, so I'm guessing it will probably be the title of the episode where Winterfell is destroyed (which seems to be 8x03), or "Winter Fell" if D&D want to be cute.

If spoiler sources are to be believed, the KL battle will happen over two episodes (8x05 and 8x06), so maybe "King's Landing" will be the 8x05 title. Lazy, in my opinion, but seems likely. To be fair, GOT's pretty much structured like a soap opera, with individual episodic installments telling a larger story as opposed to self-contained stories, so the episodes are not organized thematically. It would almost be more honest to do away with the episode titles altogether and just call them Chapter 8 Part 1 or what have you.

Looks like Alys Karstark is back in Season 8 (from Megan Parkinson's Instagram), and will be chilling with the wildlings:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

The Targaryen/Stark sigil does seem like a huge hint about how the show ends.

Or Jon has taken his own sigil, which would fall in line with what he told Theon in his little speech about being both in the season finale.

• Love 5

Yeah, that sigil....if it's meant to tie into the ending has interesting implications:

1) Jon never reveals his identity as Aegon Targaryen and combines his wolf sigil with Daenerys' as they rule together. 

2)Jon reveals that he's both a Stark and a Targaryen and he rules in his own right. Daenerys is either dead or subordinate to him.

3) Jon Snow becomes King Aegon Targaryen and he marries Arya or Sansa. They take on the combined sigil.

Also it irks me that the show uses Robb's personal sigil as the Stark banner. In the books, the Stark sigil isn't a direwolf head. It's a running direwolf. The direwolf head foreshadows Robb's own fate.

49 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

Also it irks me that the show uses Robb's personal sigil as the Stark banner. In the books, the Stark sigil isn't a direwolf head. It's a running direwolf. The direwolf head foreshadows Robb's own fate.

To be honest, the wolf head is more visually appealing than GRRM running direwolf.

Irks me since Sansa's been back at Winterfell that they haven't at least once have her go to Lady's grave.

(edited)
On 6/22/2018 at 10:33 PM, Eyes High said:

I believe so. I think there was an interview they did after S1 where they confirmed that they knew.

Sure, but we know that GRRM has been feeding them info all along, and frankly if he's sufficiently loose-lipped to casually inform an episode director that Jon and Dany and their meeting are the whole point of the series, he likely gave D&D a good deal more in the way of substantial information before the 2013 meeting.

We don't know what D&D knew about Sansa's endgame when they decided to do the Jeyne/Sansa swap. I think, however, it's unlikely they decided to do it without some information as to Sansa's ultimate fate, since otherwise scrapping her Vale arc would be a hell of a risk.

Is this all guesswork, or is there an actual interview out there that GRRM told D&D way back in season about who sits on the Iron Throne and how each character's story ends?

There's a difference between GRRM saying that 'Jon and Dany meeting is the point of the series' - which also clashes with GRRM's constant comments that the series is about all characters and not just Jon and Dany - and GRRM telling D&D the endgame before he knew that the show is not getting cancelled.

As far as we know, D&D stated that it was in that one big meeting with GRRM before season 3 - when they were confident that the show will be going beyond the Red Wedding - where they asked GRRM to tell them endgame stuff so that they could plot out a path to the end.

Which is why D&D's story decisions with regard to Sansa way back from season 1 is rather puzzling. Especially since the Sansa-Ramsay plot was not something that GRRM approved of. And it was after the episode aired that he started talking about butterflies:

"How many children did Scarlett O'Hara have? Three, in the novel. One, in the movie. None, in real life: she was a fictional character, she never existed. The show is the show, the books are the books; two different tellings of the same story," Martin wrote.

He went on to repeat what he has said in the past — that small changes in past seasons are beginning to have a butterfly effect.

"There have been differences between the novels and the television show since the first episode of season one," Martin wrote. "And for just as long, I have been talking about the butterfly effect. Small changes lead to larger changes lead to huge changes.

On 6/23/2018 at 12:28 AM, nikma said:

Outline for S6 was written before S5 even aired, So that wasn't reaction on their part.  Every character in S5 was at their lowest point and then they were "reborn" in S6. That was an idea when they wrote S5, it had nothing to do with criticism from vocal minority. 

We have seen that what ends up on screen can change drastically from what is on the outline. Season 7 outline had Brienne in the wight hunt and injured badly. Season 7 outline had Sansa and Jon screaming at each other, Sansa being disappointed that Bran comes home, Sansa openly resenting that Jon was King, a very stupid conversation between Arya and Sansa about Ramsay. Season 7 on the show watered down the Jon-Sansa conflict and Brienne was just doing sword training in WF.

So yeah, D&D can make changes to an outline and what ends up on screen can be different.

On 6/23/2018 at 9:52 PM, screamin said:

It's quite likely that that plotline will have nothing to do with Sansa, save perhaps as an occasional sentimental flashback to the girl whose prayer for mercy once woke his conscience and reminded him of his own humanity.

I disagree. GRRM has no reason to bring back Sandor if he has no connection to Sansa's story. The books are already bloated with POVs and he has to start connecting main characters, tell their story and end the series.  Bringing back the Hound and spending entire chapters on him just for Cleganebowl is silly. Both the Mountain and the Hound are third tier characters.  If Sandor is back it's most likely so that GRRM can write a resolution to SanSan since Sansa is still dreaming of the Hound in the Vale. Of course it's possible that both SanSan and Cleganebowl can happen if Sansa goes to KL. GRRM has hinted at Varys and LF clashing so that's not totally impossible. Show Sansa also seems to be heading for KL considering Sophie was in Seville.

On 7/1/2018 at 7:50 PM, Eyes High said:

It seems very likely that S8 is going to be the Jon And Arya Show. Kit and Maisie have been filming nonstop since January.

Yep.  I feel like Maisie has actually filmed more than Kit. I am still thinking that there is a chance for Queen Arya or regent Arya- whether in the North or on the Iron Throne. The show has no buildup for this unlike the books, which means they have their work cut out for them where Arya is concerned.

I have not been around as much (Work's taking up my time) and have not gone through all the posts on here, but has this been discussed on here?

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/8tkhhs/excerpt_of_radio_interview_with_david_and_dan_in/

DJ: Ok – so last thing we got here. The team here has been having this argument since the battle of the bastards. What is up with Jon Snow? Since he came back that is. It’s like he’s been looking for some reason to die. His actions during that episode and even in the episode where he lead the team beyond the wall. Can he die? Does he want to die again?

David: Jon wanted to. When he first came back, he wanted to die again. He didn’t want to be back. He was at peace, he didn’t have to fight anymore.

Dan: He did come back different though. And I think those that notice it, and believe me it’s very subtle, but I can say that will have its moment in this last season.

DJ: He does seem just cut through anything that gets in his way.

David: Also intended. Jon has become probably the most dangerous man in Westeros. At least on the battlefield, he still sucks at politics.

Dan: And lying – really sucks at lying.

This has been something that has been bothering me ever since Jon's resurrection. GRRM has been pretty insistent that we are not going to see the same old Jon again - that there is a price to pay and that death and the way they die changes a person.

It could be possible that we start seeing a different Jon Snow next season as the show tries to align with the books. I think that Jon Snow is dying at the end after his showdown with the NK. Plus, D&D's insistence that show Jon sucks at politics - as opposed to the book version  - makes me think that he is not going to be king or lead anything. Which means death it is.

On 7/1/2018 at 9:42 PM, Eyes High said:

Sophie also made noises about Sansa becoming a warrior in S8. I assume she means figuratively...?

Never put anything past this show. Sansa became an expert in defense strategies and armor making last season. I can see D&D obliging Sophie and giving her fight scenes in the last season.

19 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Looks like Alys Karstark is back in Season 8 (from Megan Parkinson's Instagram), and will be chilling with the wildlings:

FF has identified those as some Wildlings that hang out with Tormund. If Tormund and Co. make it to last hearth from Eastwatch, it's very possible they have scenes there. And this also connects back to u/Craic_Chancer who has given us some small but relatively possible spoilers. Namely:

- Sansa will be the one who suggests that Jon/Dany gets married - Makes sense considering LF was the one who brings it up

- Tyrion is jealous - Makes sense considering his last scene looking at Jon/Dany

- Bran messes things up at WF allowing the WW in - Typical D&D shitting on Bran

- Varys kills Qyburn - makes sense that Varys and Qyburn will meet again.

- Jaime dies in KL - again, makes sense that Jaime will play a role in what happens to Cersei.

- Tormund dies early on defending the Karstark/Umber kids and taking down a wight giant - Hivju has not been filming as much and that would be a bad-ass way to go.

I don't find anything fantastical about any of these spoilers. It seems to follow through from what happened last season.

If I have to call the ending right now, it will be Jon/Dany dying and their child sits on the Iron Throne with Arya as regent. And the Stark-Targ sigil looks like Arthur's Tudor Rose - celebrating the combination of two houses. The baby being The Dream for Spring.

image.png.61f34f8eb5b092b00c6d9b62c328c94a.png

Recall one of Jon and Arya's first conversation:

Arya looked. An ornate shield had been embroidered on the prince's padded surcoat. No doubt the needlework was exquisite. The arms were divided down the middle; on one side was the crowned stag of the royal House, on the other the lion of Lannister.

"The Lannisters are proud," Jon observed. "You'd think the royal sigil would be sufficient, but no. He makes his mother's House equal in honor to the king's."

"The woman is important too!" Arya protested.

Jon chuckled. "Perhaps you should do the same thing, little sister. Wed Tully to Stark in your arms."

It's bittersweet in the sense that things would be better for everyone in the future - maybe that's why the actors are talking about how it's a happy ending on reflection.

Edited by anamika
4 hours ago, WindyNights said:

Yeah, that sigil....if it's meant to tie into the ending has interesting implications:

1) Jon never reveals his identity as Aegon Targaryen and combines his wolf sigil with Daenerys' as they rule together. 

2)Jon reveals that he's both a Stark and a Targaryen and he rules in his own right. Daenerys is either dead or subordinate to him.

3) Jon Snow becomes King Aegon Targaryen and he marries Arya or Sansa. They take on the combined sigil.

Or:

4) Jon and Dany die and this is Boatbaby's sigil.

5) Jon dies and Dany chooses this sigil for Boatbaby and their line in memory of him.

About Jon/Dany, watching the reactions to Boatsex in 7x07, it came to my mind that the GoT fandom is really one of a kind. One where an aunt and nephew ruling together as a couple is considered by some as "too cliché" and "a Disney ending", whereas the cliché would actually be for their romance to be doomed.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, anamika said:

Is this all guesswork, or is there an actual interview out there that GRRM told D&D way back in season about who sits on the Iron Throne and how each character's story ends?

There is an EW interview with GRRM from 2011 where he says the following:

I know the ending in broad strokes. I don’t know every little twist and turn that will get me there, and I don’t know the ending of every secondary character. But the ending and the main characters, yeah. And [Game of Thrones producers] David Benioff and Dan Weiss know some of that too, which the fans are very worried about in case I get hit by a truck.

Which is why D&D's story decisions with regard to Sansa way back from season 1 is rather puzzling. Especially since the Sansa-Ramsay plot was not something that GRRM approved of. And it was after the episode aired that he started talking about butterflies:

GRRM talked about the butterfly effect well before the Sansa rape debacle.

We have seen that what ends up on screen can change drastically from what is on the outline. Season 7 outline had Brienne in the wight hunt and injured badly. Season 7 outline had Sansa and Jon screaming at each other, Sansa being disappointed that Bran comes home, Sansa openly resenting that Jon was King, a very stupid conversation between Arya and Sansa about Ramsay. Season 7 on the show watered down the Jon-Sansa conflict and Brienne was just doing sword training in WF.

Are those "drastic" changes, though? In the show that aired, Jon and Sansa were still at odds, Sansa was still openly questioning Jon's authority, etc. etc. The extent of their tension and Sansa's resentment of Jon having power over her was toned down, but it was still very much present.

I disagree. GRRM has no reason to bring back Sandor if he has no connection to Sansa's story. 

Given that the show has all but severed Sandor's connection to Sansa's story and that D&D have said that they always planned on bringing Sandor back, I'd say that is at the very least debatable.

I have not been around as much (Work's taking up my time) and have not gone through all the posts on here, but has this been discussed on here?

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/8tkhhs/excerpt_of_radio_interview_with_david_and_dan_in/

I recall that there were issues raised with the authenticity of this interview. It popped up on Tumblr as an alleged transcription with no official sourcing. And I know some will say "Who would go to the trouble of faking an entire interview?", but there was someone who did just that with an alleged GRRM interview not too long ago, so...

Never put anything past this show. Sansa became an expert in defense strategies and armor making last season. I can see D&D obliging Sophie and giving her fight scenes in the last season.

We know she won't have exterior battle scenes for the Battle of Winterfell, since Sophie took off for two months while they were filming it. She wasn't filming much during the KL battle sequence filmed over the last two months, either. Still, there could be a scene where Brienne tries to teach her how to hold a sword or whatever. Indeed, that may be the scenes filmed in Seville with Gwen, Sophie, Peter and Lino requiring body doubles. If the Winterfell fighting goes room to room, Sansa might have an interior scene where she has to fight, as well.

FF has identified those as some Wildlings that hang out with Tormund. If Tormund and Co. make it to last hearth from Eastwatch, it's very possible they have scenes there. And this also connects back to u/Craic_Chancer who has given us some small but relatively possible spoilers.

Craic_Chancer also claimed that Grey Worm dies at the hands of the Golden Company, but Jacob Anderson has been filming the Battle of KL which is going to involve the AOTD. His information about the Mountain--that Cersei has him guarding the caches of wildfire and he is killed by Sandor--also seems at odds with the fact that Thor Bjornsson was filming for most of June, when the KL battle was being filmed. Craic_Chancer gets points for coming up with less implausible fake leaks than other fakers, but that's it.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Eyes High said:

There is an EW interview with GRRM from 2011 where he says the following:

Ok, then it's possible that D&D decided to change Sansa's story at the end of season one because GRRM told them something about her endgame.

GRRM talked about the butterfly effect well before the Sansa rape debacle.

Those were minor changes he talked about - the missing Tyrell brothers (the Tyrells are now all gone on the show), Marillion changing Sansa's story in the Vale, and Jaime raping Cersei - different dynamics in the books . With reference to Sansa's WF plot, GRRM specifically talked about larger changes leading to 'Huge Changes'. As GRRM tells it, the butterflies have now become dragons. But he did also say:

And yes, more and more, they differ. Two roads diverging in the dark of the woods, I suppose... but all of us are still intending that at the end we will arrive at the same place.

Are those "drastic" changes, though? In the show that aired, Jon and Sansa were still at odds, Sansa was still openly questioning Jon's authority, etc. etc. The extent of their tension and Sansa's resentment of Jon having power over her was toned down, but it was still very much present.

But toning it down, writing Arya as the mean sister and Sansa's perpetually constipated face tells us a different story. Most people think the plot was Sansa cleverly outwitting Littlefinger the whole time and nothing else. It's funny but in the outline we can see that D&D were not sure about how to write this plot, questioning whether Sansa sends off Brienne to fool LF or to isolate Arya. It's a mess.

In the outline, Arya gets the dagger and immediately asks Bran to look into the connection between LF and the dagger - right there Arya is trying to figure out LF's deal. When we get to the show  it's Sansa who is now suspicious of why LF gave Bran the dagger and Arya gets fooled by LF. It's very easy to exchange character dialogue, take away from one character and give to another. In the outline Sansa compares Arya to Ramsay.

Basically, Sansa came off better on the show than she does in the outline. Arya comes off much worse. And yes, those changes matter.

Jon and Dany have some entirely different conversations and Jon bonds with Rhaegal instead of Drogon. 

And there is Brienne. She is originally with the wight hunt and the magnificent seven. That gets scratched out in the outline so she could bond with Arya and get send off to KL. I think originally Cersei was also supposed to miscarry last season.

So yes, important plot points seem to have changed going from the initial outline to the show.

Craic_Chancer also claimed that Grey Worm dies at the hands of the Golden Company, but Jacob Anderson has been filming the Battle of KL which is going to involve the AOTD. His information about the Mountain--that Cersei has him guarding the caches of wildfire and he is killed by Sandor--also seems at odds with the fact that Thor Bjornsson was filming for most of June, when the KL battle was being filmed. Craic_Chancer gets points for coming up with less implausible fake leaks than other fakers, but that's it.

Is the Golden company not fighting in KL? We know there is some sort  Dothraki/Unsullied going up against Lannisters in KL - we know there is some fighting against AOTD in KL. Are all the Golden Company defeated in the North with no causalities except for Podrick Payne?

Is Cersei gone by episode 5?

We know that Kit, Maisie, Emilia, Jacob, Thor and possibly Rory have been filming on the KL sets last month.

Edited by anamika
(edited)
29 minutes ago, anamika said:

Ok, then it's possible that D&D decided to change Sansa's story at the end of season one because GRRM told them something about her endgame.

It is possible. If they learned, say, that Sansa's endgame is to be the unmarried Lady of Winterfell, maybe D&D thought that giving her a storyline where she (as opposed to Jeyne Poole) is traumatized by Ramsay and where she (as opposed to Stannis) campaigns to get Winterfell back would buttress that endgame. Otherwise, though, I can't see what sort of Sansa endgame would be serviced by making that change, unless of course she's going to die in S8 and that's her endgame.

We know that Sophie hasn't filmed very much since Seville and finished several weeks ago, unlike Maisie, Kit, Liam and Peter, who were filming the big KL battle from the finale at the exterior KL set pretty much nonstop for the past 1.5-2 months (and who may still be filming, since Kit and Maisie are still in Belfast). The only tidbit of filming information that may have made Sansa "safe" in S8 is that Sophie, Gwen, Peter and Lino as well as Maisie, John, Joe, and Liam were filming scenes during the day in Seville which are likely from 8x06 and which may be postwar denouement scenes, if you assume that D&D wouldn't film winter scenes during the day in Seville spring weather.

...However, if those scenes aren't denouement scenes, which is probable since there was fake snow at the Italica amphitheatre (Dragonpit), those scenes probably precede the climactic KL battle stuff that required Maisie, Liam and Peter, which means that Sansa may enter the Dragonpit in one piece but may not necessarily leave the same way.

Is the Golden company not fighting in KL? We know there is some sort  Dothraki/Unsullied going up against Lannisters in KL - we know there is some fighting against AOTD in KL. Are all the Golden Company defeated in the North with no causalities except for Podrick Payne?

I think based on various bits of filming information we know enough to conclude that the AOTD is the final villain in KL and that Grey Worm lives long enough to help Jon fight the AOTD in KL.

Is Cersei gone by episode 5?

Cersei is supposedly no longer in power by Episode 5, but I'd be shocked if she died before the last episode.

Allegedly a scene was filmed where a character's dead body is discovered in the rubble of the collapsed throne room. Could it be Cersei?

Edited by Eyes High
3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Allegedly a scene was filmed where a character's dead body is discovered in the rubble of the collapsed throne room. Could it be Cersei?

If it's her body because Jaime killed her, then great.  If she dies by accident because the throne room collapses over her, then I'd be disappointed.  Cersei deserves no less than being killed by Jaime.  And if it's not Jaime, then another character that she has deeply wronged should have the honor and the cathartic moment of finally killing her.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, WearyTraveler said:

If it's her body because Jaime killed her, then great.  If she dies by accident because the throne room collapses over her, then I'd be disappointed.  Cersei deserves no less than being killed by Jaime.  And if it's not Jaime, then another character that she has deeply wronged should have the honor and the cathartic moment of finally killing her.

The most popular candidate for the corpse in the throne room seems to be Jaime.

A death scene where Jaime sitting on the Iron Throne, just as Ned found him all those years ago after killing Aerys, as the throne room is collapsing around him would be awesome.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Eyes High said:

It is possible. If they learned, say, that Sansa's endgame is to be the unmarried Lady of Winterfell, maybe D&D thought that giving her a storyline where she (as opposed to Jeyne Poole) is traumatized by Ramsay and where she (as opposed to Stannis) campaigns to get Winterfell back would buttress that endgame.

This is just my interpretation of the text of course, but I never got the feeling from the books that GRRM was writing Sansa to be Lady of Winterfell. She never has that connection to the WF smallfolk and Northern Lords that we see in Arya, Bran and Jon's POV. 

8 hours ago, Eyes High said:

We know that Sophie hasn't filmed very much since Seville and finished several weeks ago, unlike Maisie, Kit, Liam and Peter, who were filming the big KL battle from the finale at the exterior KL set pretty much nonstop for the past 1.5-2 months (and who may still be filming, since Kit and Maisie are still in Belfast). The only tidbit of filming information that may have made Sansa "safe" in S8 is that Sophie, Gwen, Peter and Lino as well as Maisie, John, Joe, and Liam were filming scenes during the day in Seville which are likely from 8x06 and which may be postwar denouement scenes, if you assume that D&D wouldn't film winter scenes during the day in Seville spring weather.

I think Isaac has also been filming a fair bit. Quite a few Isaac sightings this filming season compared to no sightings at all previously.

Sophie is usually pretty excited about the show and talks up Sansa, but this time around I feel that her comments are more muted than say Maisie, Emilia, Joe, NCW etc.  Or at the very least she's been the least spoilery this time around. Maybe when she does X-Men interviews we will get something more.

Seville is a puzzle. We know that Sophie was very sad that day and made a very emotional tweet. She did not interact with fans the entire time she was filming unlike the rest of the cast. So, a big scene for Sophie/Sansa. It could either be:

- Sansa's very last scene in the series. Which means that her last scene on the series was possibly with Tyrion, SweetRobin and Brienne in KL. With body doubles. Or a big meeting in the Dragonpit with representatives of the different kingdoms considering SR and Edmure were there.

OR

-  Sophie's last scene on the series (i.e) she wraps and does no more filming.

Bran in KL is still a head-scratcher for me as are all these betting pools that have Bran as king on the Iron Throne. Like what? I can't imagine Bran south of the Neck. Even if WF falls I can see him chilling with the Reeds in the Swamp lands.

I think based on various bits of filming information we know enough to conclude that the AOTD is the final villain in KL and that Grey Worm lives long enough to help Jon fight the AOTD in KL.

I guess I missed all this then. Last I heard, Sapochnik was filming something big on the KL set, things were getting burned down and the Lannister banners kept appearing and disappearing. Was not sure if it was Jon/Dany against Lannisters or AOTD.

Cersei is supposedly no longer in power by Episode 5, but I'd be shocked if she died before the last episode.

Possible. I could see her holed up there. But that again sort of aligns with what Craic_Chancer mentions:

The city falls (that isn't exactly new news of course) and Cersei holds only the Red Keep. Her armies and her people have turned against her. She's alone and cornered save for her maester. Wink.

The Maester is apparently Arya with his face. I am a little tired of Arya putting on faces to kill, so I am hoping all this is wrong and that it is indeed either Jaime or Tyrion who takes out Cersei. If Cersei is planning to blow up KL, then Jaime taking her out would make his story come full circle.

2 hours ago, anamika said:

The Maester is apparently Arya with his face. I am a little tired of Arya putting on faces to kill, so I am hoping all this is wrong and that it is indeed either Jaime or Tyrion who takes out Cersei. If Cersei is planning to blow up KL, then Jaime taking her out would make his story come full circle.

Beside the Greyworm issue, details like "a maester" make me doubt about those leaks. Cersei has no maester but Qyburn. And why a random maester when there's Bernadette, who's been around since S2 and whose presence with Cersei until the end would make complete sense? I guess you never know, but if Arya takes a face in the RK my money is on hers. Arya wearing the face of a character unknown from the audience was effective in 6x10 but it only works once, and I don't think that DxD would do it again.

(edited)
11 hours ago, anamika said:

This is just my interpretation of the text of course, but I never got the feeling from the books that GRRM was writing Sansa to be Lady of Winterfell.

Me, neither, but it would be an endgame that the S5 Jeyne swap could support, if indeed D&D have known Sansa's fate since Season 1. There's also that closeup of Sansa in the pilot as she tells Catelyn that going south is "the only thing I've ever wanted," if you assume that D&D knew even then.

Sophie is usually pretty excited about the show and talks up Sansa, but this time around I feel that her comments are more muted than say Maisie, Emilia, Joe, NCW etc.  Or at the very least she's been the least spoilery this time around. Maybe when she does X-Men interviews we will get something more.

She did seem to suggest that Sansa will be in the shit--thrown into the deep end, or however she put it--but everyone's going to be in the shit in S8, so that's not super spoilery.

- Sansa's very last scene in the series. Which means that her last scene on the series was possibly with Tyrion, SweetRobin and Brienne in KL. With body doubles.

/BoatsexBaby seems to think that even though Maisie, Liam, Isaac and Joe were filming on the same days that they were doing separate scenes because their doubles weren't in Seville, meaning that the Tyrion/Robin/Brienne/Sansa scene involved just those characters (and some extras). It would be kind of weird if Sansa's very last scene in GOT had none of her siblings present, unless of course Seville was her death scene, and why would it be her death scene? Who's going to kill her, Brienne? I suppose Wight Sansa is always a possibility, but again, it would seem like a massive dramatic missed opportunity if only Tyrion, Brienne and Robin--three people who don't have particularly strong feelings where Sansa is concerned--have to deal with Wight Sansa and not her actual siblings.

Thanks to the explanation from folks in the know like @WearyTraveler, the use of body doubles make no sense to me unless it was a scene where the actors would be risking injury, which to me doesn't sound like denouement but like a battle or action scene. On the other hand, Sophie was MIA from Belfast for large amounts of time when they were shooting battle scenes, so a battle scene or a continuation of another battle scene filmed elsewhere (which is what the night shoots at Italica seem to have been) involving Sansa is unlikely, in my opinion. /BoatsexBaby also listed several characters she knows are involved in the KL battle, and (not surprisingly) Sansa was not on the list. So I dunno.

Or a big meeting in the Dragonpit with representatives of the different kingdoms considering SR and Edmure were there.

Possible, but again the use of body doubles throws me off. It's also possible that Robin and Edmure are present because they've fled south and/or brought their armies to assist with the last stand against the AOTD, not because it's a postwar gathering. There could be refugees from the AOTD holed up at the Dragonpit while the fighting is going on in KL in some kind of Katrina Superdome analogy, which could also explain why Robin and Edmure are there.

-  Sophie's last scene on the series (i.e) she wraps and does no more filming.

Possible, and indeed that was my first thought, but Sophie was seen in Belfast after Seville off and on for a few weeks afterward instead of immediately leaving to be with her fiance in Australia, which is what she has usually done when she no longer has filming (and indeed what she did a few weeks ago).

As for Sophie's emotional tweet on that last day, assuming it's not trolling from Sophie and she was genuinely sad about something, it would be weird if it were Sophie's last day--or even Sansa's last scene in the show--and Sophie was the only one who was particularly torn up about it. You'd think Maisie at least who has a genuinely close relationship with Sophie would be equally upset, but she went out to dinner that night with other cast members while Sophie stayed in her hotel room. (...And again, that makes me wonder whether in fact Sophie was trolling with that tweet after all, because you'd think if Sophie was really upset that Maisie would have stuck around to hang out and not ditched her to hang out with the rest of the cast. Maybe Sophie just hung out in her hotel room because it had been a long day, who knows?)

The bottom line is that whatever Sophie, Lino, etc. filmed at Italica, there was a reason they needed to film it there and not on an interior set in Belfast. Occam's Razor says it is an action scene, since Kit and Jacob's doubles were also in Seville and Kit and Jacob were involved filming some sort of stunt. I don't know why Sophie would be sad about filming an action scene, unless Sansa really does die in that scene, but I guess we'll see.

Bran in KL is still a head-scratcher for me as are all these betting pools that have Bran as king on the Iron Throne. Like what?

I agree, but Bran on the Iron Throne is an ending that would be genuinely shocking, at least. And D&D did say that GRRM's third WTF twist comes at the very end...

Edited by Eyes High
14 hours ago, anamika said:

Bran in KL is still a head-scratcher for me as are all these betting pools that have Bran as king on the Iron Throne. Like what? I can't imagine Bran south of the Neck. Even if WF falls I can see him chilling with the Reeds in the Swamp lands.

If Winterfell falls, Bran will go south because he’s a main character and the show keeps the cast together.  And it wouldn’t presumably be safe in the Neck either if the AOTD is plowing through everything while marching south.

3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

/BoatsexBaby seems to think that even though Maisie, Liam, Isaac and Joe were filming on the same days that they were doing separate scenes because their doubles weren't in Seville, meaning that the Tyrion/Robin/Brienne/Sansa scene involved just those characters (and some extras). It would be kind of weird if Sansa's very last scene in GOT had none of her siblings present, unless of course Seville was her death scene, and why would it be her death scene? Who's going to kill her, Brienne? I suppose Wight Sansa is always a possibility, but again, it would seem like a massive dramatic missed opportunity if only Tyrion, Brienne and Robin--three people who don't have particularly strong feelings where Sansa is concerned--have to deal with Wight Sansa and not her actual siblings.

Brienne does have very strong feelings where Sansa is concerned. She spent a whole season looking for her, another waiting for a sign from her, two others serving her as a bodyguard. Protecting the Stark girls is what gave sense to her life after she failed to protect Renly. I can't imagine how horrible she'd feel if she had to put Wight Sansa down. I'm not far from thinking that it would be even worse for her than for Arya or Jon.

Tyrion also felt protective towards Sansa (to Joffrey: "she isn't yours to torment" anymore) and is clearly fond of her; it also remains to be seen how their relationship plays in S8.

Not saying that Sansa will die, but even without her siblings there would be enough emotional resonance imo.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

Brienne does have very strong feelings where Sansa is concerned. She spent a whole season looking for her, another waiting for a sign from her, two others serving her as a bodyguard. Protecting the Stark girls is what gave sense to her life after she failed to protect Renly. I can't imagine how horrible she'd feel if she had to put Wight Sansa down. I'm not far from thinking that it would be even worse for her than for Arya or Jon.

Tyrion also felt protective towards Sansa (to Joffrey: "she isn't yours to torment" anymore) and is clearly fond of her; it also remains to be seen how their relationship plays in S8.

Not saying that Sansa will die, but even without her siblings there would be enough emotional resonance imo.

I said that Brienne and Tyrion didn't have particularly strong feelings towards her, not that they had no feelings at all, but I don't think anyone would argue that they have the same level of feelings towards her as, say, Arya or Jon. It would be the equivalent of Bronn finding Jaime's dead body as opposed to Brienne or Tyrion.

Aside from that, Robin in the show has mostly been used for comic relief, so it would be a bit jarring to have him present in what I assume would be a somber and emotional scene if Sansa dies (or Wight Sansa is killed). With all that said, if in fact Sansa dies (or Wight Sansa "dies") at the Dragonpit, it would explain why Sophie was so emotional that last day while the other actors were apparently unruffled.

Bran: /BoatsexBaby has said that she thinks that Bran's presence in KL (in the scenes filmed at Seville and possibly at Dubrovnik) is through astral projection (when Vision Bran is walking around). Bran has used his powers to project his astral form into the present (as opposed to the past) before, as when the NK grabbed him. She is confident that Bran is involved in the KL battle. I guess wheeling Bran around while he wargs and shit wouldn't be practical, so maybe they leave his body guarded somewhere else and he projects his form to KL.

Edited by Eyes High
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

I said that Brienne and Tyrion didn't have particularly strong feelings towards her, not that they had no feelings at all, but I don't think anyone would argue that they have the same level of feelings towards her as, say, Arya or Jon. It would be the equivalent of Bronn finding Jaime's dead body as opposed to Brienne or Tyrion.

Aside from that, Robin in the show has mostly been used for comic relief, so it would be a bit jarring to have him present in what I assume would be a somber and emotional scene if Sansa dies (or Wight Sansa is killed). With all that said, if in fact Sansa dies (or Wight Sansa "dies") at the Dragonpit, it would explain why Sophie was so emotional that last day while the other actors were apparently unruffled.

I precisely argue that Brienne has particularly strong feelings, the same level of feelings towards Sansa as Arya and Jon and maybe more, in a sense. Sansa has been at the center of her thoughts and her actions for four seasons; it wasn't the case for Jon and Arya. The Stark siblings love each other but it isn't as if Arya/Sansa or Jon/Sansa were ever close; in spite of their blood ties, Arya was ready to kill Sansa last season in case she betrayed Jon. The Starks would of course be gutted to lose another sibling, but Brienne would see it as a personal failure as a knight and a protector so imo it would resonate with her and affect her in a different and maybe deeper way.

Agree that Robin is a fool on the show but I had a discussion with someone on another thread about how he was more than that in the books and they hoped to see that side of him. Maybe it could happen in S8, after all.

I also agree that Sansa's death would explain Sophie Turner's emotional state; yet I still don't think that Sansa would die elsewhere than in Winterfell. Except if she's again in an antagonist role (like politicians vs warriors in the Stargaryen alliance) but I doubt it's going to happen after the developments of S7.

Via /Freefolk: Peter Dinklage was seen at LAX today, so it’s probably a wrap for him. Maisie and Emilia were seen in England this week, so they don’t seem to have been filming. In fact, the only major cast member spotted in Belfast this week...was Kit. D&D really weren’t kidding when they said that Kit wouldn’t have much time off filming Season 8, were they? My goodness.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

Beside the Greyworm issue, details like "a maester" make me doubt about those leaks. Cersei has no maester but Qyburn. And why a random maester when there's Bernadette, who's been around since S2 and whose presence with Cersei until the end would make complete sense?

It’s not a random Maester; he was referring to Qyburn.

11 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Via /Freefolk: Peter Dinklage was seen at LAX today, so it’s probably a wrap for him. Maisie and Emilia were seen in England this week, so they don’t seem to have been filming. In fact, the only major cast member spotted in Belfast this week...was Kit. D&D really weren’t kidding when they said that Kit wouldn’t have much time off filming Season 8, were they? My goodness.

Kit has always had to work the hardest for his money of the top-tier actors, particularly with all those action scenes.

(edited)
12 hours ago, Eyes High said:

In fact, the only major cast member spotted in Belfast this week...was Kit. D&D really weren’t kidding when they said that Kit wouldn’t have much time off filming Season 8, were they? My goodness.

I think Jon overtook Tyrion as the character with the most screen time last season. He's going to jump much ahead after season 8. Though Peter has been shooting a fair bit as well. If I had to guess from actor sightings, Kit, Maisie and Peter are the actors who have filmed the most this time. Followed by Emilia and NCW.

From what I have followed, based on actor sightings in Belfast , I think actors who have done most filming are

1. Kit/Maisie

2. Peter

3. Emilia/NCW/John Bradley

4. Gwen/Joe Dempsie/Jacob Anderson (These guys could be in a lot of fights)

5. Sophie/Isaac/Alfie/Liam/Ian Glen (These guys are not going to be in any fights, except for maybe Alfie and Ian)

6. Thor/Conleth

7. Kristofer Hivju/Daniel Portman/Ben Crompton/Nathalie Emmanuel/Gemma Whelan/Carice

Am I missing anyone?

Not sure where to put Lena since she's a ninja who avoids detection. And of course Rory. I think he avoids detection because he lives on his boat. Maybe he just sails to the set. I don't think Anton Lesser was spotted as well but no one cares about Qyburn.

I think I am pretty sure now that Tormund kicks the bucket early on.  I thought he would be the Wildling representative at the end. But I guess since the wall has fallen and the Wildlings are integrated into the North in the books, there is no need for that. I will miss him. He was a fun character and good friend to Jon - both in the books and the show.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1
(edited)

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/game-of-thrones/news/a860935/game-of-thrones-season-8-ending-sophie-turner-sansa/

So Sophie had this to say:

Speaking exclusively to Digital Spy, Turner promised that "it really is so unpredictable the way that [the series] ends up".

"For me – without giving anything away, I guess – I was satisfied with how unpredictable the show's ending really is," said the Sansa Stark actress.

"People have come up with so many fan theories about how it's going to end, and who will end up where, and who will end up with who. It really is so unpredictable the way that it ends up. I'm very satisfied with that, and I think that the fans will be satisfied with that, too.

She also brings into question whether the show and the books will have the same ending:

It's possible that not even Game of Thrones author George RR Martin knows exactly how the HBO series will end, with Turner suggesting that – once the TV series overtook the source novels – Martin gave showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss "his blessing, and they continued [the show] in the vein that they thought it would go".

"From reading the books thus far, it was their interpretation of where they thought the show would go," she suggested. "They're still doing justice to the story, and serving the characters in the way they feel like they should be.

I really don't know what D&D's interpretation is at this point. Only that it's very different from my interpretation of the books.

If they are not going to do the book endings and with GRRM having stopped writing, it just sucks majorly.

Edit: Sophie has said something similar in an earlier interview:

Beloved shows have come and gone, and more often than not, there's at least a vocal minority of fans who are unhappy with the ending. Is there something freeing in knowing some people will be inevitably disappointed with how Game of Thrones ends, even if you find the ending satisfying?

Absolutely. It almost puts all of our minds to rest, just knowing the ending and being happy with that, no matter if anyone likes it or not. There have been so many theories and so many discussions with what people think is going to happen — where they would like things to go, and who they would like to see in power, and who they want to see die. Finally, just knowing. And for the people, when they watch it, I hope there's going to be some satisfaction in that it's come to an end and that's how it goes. There will be some people who are disappointed, I'm sure, because they will want certain people to end up in certain places. But at this point, I'm just happy with whatever David and Dan choose to do with the story. I've trusted them for the past nine or 10 years of my life with this. However they decide to end it is fine by me.

I don't know. I get the feeling that at least Sansa's ending is going to be different and D&D's take on it considering Sophie keeps giving credit to D&D for how they end it and not GRRM. And I mean, considering how much her show story has changed and considering I have always had doubts about whether GRRM had a well defined ending in mind for her (His uncertainty about the Hound, her not being OG 5 etc.), I think it's possible that the way Sansa's story on the show ends is D&D's version.

Whether that affects other character endgames, I don't know.

As for being very unpredictable : Arya Stark, Queen of the 7K. But since this is D&D's interpretation: Sansa Stark, Queen of the 7K probably.

Edited by anamika
6 minutes ago, anamika said:

I really don't know what D&D's interpretation is at this point. Only that it's very different from my interpretation of the books.

My interpretation of the books is also very different from D&D's. Even when the text says something, they say something else.

I don't think Arya is going to be some kind of psycho killer. For one, she is far away in Braavos while LS and the BwB are salting the Freys before they hang them. But I do see her getting news of what's going on at Winterfell and the north and deciding that it's time for her to go home. 

I think the same goes for Sansa. She will want to go home.

(edited)
12 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

My interpretation of the books is also very different from D&D's. Even when the text says something, they say something else.

I don't think Arya is going to be some kind of psycho killer. For one, she is far away in Braavos while LS and the BwB are salting the Freys before they hang them. But I do see her getting news of what's going on at Winterfell and the north and deciding that it's time for her to go home. 

I think the same goes for Sansa. She will want to go home.

Yeah, maybe Arya develops a bit next season. I remember Maisie saying that we will see some of the old, fun Arya next season and that gives me a little hope that it's not going to be season 7 psycho Arya. But with D&D one can never tell.

I don't think I can make anymore predictions based on the books. There's no filming spoilers or leaks. The show is now D&D's interpretation. If we go by last season and build up from there: Sansa will be some kind of leader. Arya will be a fighter. Bran will monotone lifelessly and warg crows. Jon will do lots of fighting and probably die doing something heroic and stupid. Dany is not going to rule because she burns people and this is bad. Tyrion will be wise hand or some kind of leader. Jaime will kill Cersei and die. NK is vanquished.

Maybe Jon and Dany dying is what makes it unpredictable for Sophie.

Edited by anamika
42 minutes ago, anamika said:

As I said, they will always do what they think is the best for the show. They don't care about the future books and the ending GRRM has in mind. What they like, they'll use, what they don't like they will ignore.  

GRRM won't finish the books, so it doesn't matter really. We will never know what his idea was. 

I'm really interested in what is that unpredictable about the end of the show. It's not just Sophie, there are other actors who said something similar. 

18 minutes ago, anamika said:

The show is now D&D's interpretation

That was true since the beginning. They always liked to cut and change things from the books they didn't like or didn't think will work for the show. It feels strange that you came to this realisation  just now. 

(edited)
17 minutes ago, nikma said:

GRRM won't finish the books, so it doesn't matter really.

Sorry, but as someone who read the books long before the show started, it matters very much to me. This was the only chance to see how the books end.

I get that it does not matter to you. But it is very disappointing for me and I am sure other long time readers that we will now not have a resolution for the books.

I am angry at GRRM. Not at D&D. I would not have an issue with D&D doing their own thing, if GRRM finished the damn books.

Whatever. What will be will be. At least there will be an ending, I guess.

10 minutes ago, nikma said:

That was true since the beginning. They always liked to cut and change things from the books they didn't like or didn't think will work for the show. It feels strange that you came to this realisation  just now. 

But, as both D&D and GRRM maintained during the early seasons, many of us assumed that they would get to the same ending as the books. Now it looks like that's possibly not the case. That's all.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 2

What catches my eye is that she mentions all the fans and their theories. That suggests to me that the ending won't just be surprising to casual watchers but to the fandom who spends its time analysing where the story might go. A truly surprsiing ending.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, anamika said:

Sorry, but as someone who read the books long before the show started, it matters very much to me. This was the only chance to see how the books end.

Yeah, I get that, but I mean it was clear long ago that the show is not that faithful to the books, especially future books.

I expected the same as you, but when I saw S6 (on of my favorite seasons, don't get me wrong), it was claer that GRRM gave D&D almost nothing or they for some reason decided not to use it. There are  few moments from the last 2 and half seasons that will happen in the books. The rest of it is original. I don't see why S8 would be any different. 

If they want Sansa as Lady of WF at the end that will happen. It doesn't matter what GRRM wants. And that ending makes sense for the show. Bran or Arya ending there at the end of S8 would feel very forced, 

12 minutes ago, GraceK said:

I’m more afraid that they will make Sansa Endgame Queen cause of their personal love for her than for any narrative sensible reason.

I think the narrative reason would be that Sansa is YMBQ after all. 

Sansa and Tyrion ruling at the end would be strange, but maybe that' the ending. And it is unpredictable. LOL

27 minutes ago, anamika said:

But, as both D&D and GRRM maintained during the early seasons, many of us assumed that they would get to the same ending as the books. Now it looks like that's possibly not the case. That's all.

Yeah, but it's really hard to truly be faithful to the books that do not exist. 

(edited)
41 minutes ago, whateverdgaf said:

What catches my eye is that she mentions all the fans and their theories. That suggests to me that the ending won't just be surprising to casual watchers but to the fandom who spends its time analysing where the story might go. A truly surprsiing ending.

I don’t put too much stock in that at this point.  The cast and crew have never been particularly apt judges of what fans will find surprising.

The leadup to a new season usually features recurring cast talking points, and this season it’s all about how unpredictable-yet-satisfying the ending is, which is expected for the final season.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 4
(edited)

I don't want to get into the extent to which the show ending will match the planned book ending, and it's hard to know whether the "unpredictable" talk is just PR buzzword bullshit the actors have been fed or something more substantial (although Maisie Williams low key implied that Arya's ending is a bit of a WTF moment), but I will say this:

1 hour ago, anamika said:

Maybe Jon and Dany dying is what makes it unpredictable for Sophie.

I think the filming information we have is enough to conclude that there are no big deaths on Team Jon/Dany, because all the big villain deaths will take place in 8x05 and 8x06.

We know that Nutter (8x01, 8x02, and 8x04) wrapped up his work in early May, which means that the last two months of filming have been for either 8x03, 8x05 and 8x06. We also know that it's likely that the 8x05 and 8x06 stuff is what was filmed over the last two months, as opposed to the 8x03 scenes (which were Battle of Winterfell stuff filmed earlier this year). 

Finally, we know that the actors playing the following characters were spotted in Seville or in Belfast (not counting parties) since the beginning of May:

Euron, Melisandre, Varys, Jaime, Cersei, the Mountain, and the NK

So pretty much all these characters who in my opinion are clearly marked for death survive to 8x05 or 8x06. To me, that means that it's far less likely that Team Jon/Dany will see any big deaths of their own, since these "obvious" deaths were all backloaded.

And then, for reference, you have all the actors playing characters on Team Jon/Dany who were spotted in Seville or in Belfast (not counting parties) since the beginning of May, meaning they at least make it to 8x05 or 8x06:

Jon, Dany, Arya, Sansa, Bran, Tyrion, Brienne, Sandor, Grey Worm, Theon, Yara, Sam, Davos, Gendry, Missandei, Robin, Lord Royce, Edmure, Lyanna Mormont

(Jaqen and the Waif's actors were also in Seville, so maybe the FM are involved somehow in 8x05 or 8x06, too.)

...That hardly leaves a lot of people unaccounted for when it comes to possible Battle of Winterfell casualties, and even then there could be actors who weren't spotted in May or June but who could have been in Belfast or even Seville unnoticed because they don't tend to attract much attention from fans. I think the ones who may not be alive by 8x05 or 8x06 are Bronn, Pod, Qyburn, Beric, Tormund, Gilly, Lord Glover, Maester Wolkan, and that hot Dothraki guy played by Staz Nair. Jorah's a question mark, since Iain Glen was reportedly in Seville and reportedly filmed at least on the Monday they were filming, but no one managed to get a photo of him.

1 hour ago, nikma said:

I think the narrative reason would be that Sansa is YMBQ after all. 

Sansa and Tyrion ruling at the end would be strange, but maybe that' the ending. And it is unpredictable. LOL

Tyrion and Sansa ruling wouldn't be the craziest thing (compared to, say, Bran on the Iron Throne, which would be a real WTF for me), but I don't see any realistic scenario where Jon and Dany survive but refuse to rule. 

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)
27 minutes ago, nikma said:

Agree with this. 

There's also this to consider, though. Going back to Architectural Digest's claim that Emilia filmed her last scene(s) of GOT in Dubrovnik...

All the photos of Kit in costume were taken at Minceta Tower. (That's also where Lena Headey was spotted in costume along with D&D and David Nutter.) There was also some filming at Bokar Fortress, since the Lannister flag was seen flying.

However, we also know that there was filming at the pier close to Nautika Restaurant, which has previously been used in the show for KL. There were photos taken by local media of the crew setting up props that look like harbour or market accoutrements: ropes, baskets, etc. No one managed to get any pictures of filming at the pier, which is strange given that that area is full of tourists.

So if Emilia's last scenes were filmed in Dubrovnik, could it be whatever was filmed at the pier? And if so, does that mean that Dany's last scene on the show is leaving KL, presumably for good?

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

Tyrion and Sansa ruling wouldn't be the craziest thing (compared to, say, Bran on the Iron Throne, which would be a real WTF for me), but I don't see any realistic scenario where Jon and Dany survive but refuse to rule. 

Not crazy at all for me. I don't see Sansa ruling in her own right, but if (still/re) married to Tyrion? Could happen.

Daario said that Dany didn't like to rule. Jon said that he didn't like to rule even if he was good at it, and was ready to throw it all away after he was murdered. I'm not sure this is where the story goes, but Dany/Jon having sacrificed too much and leaving wouldn't come out of nowhere imo; especially in a The Dark Knight-like scenario where their leaving would actually help the Seven Kingdoms to rebuild in peace, for example if they have to burn KL, with many civil casualties, in order to save mankind from the NK.

1 hour ago, GraceK said:

I’m more afraid that they will make Sansa Endgame Queen cause of their personal love for her than for any narrative sensible reason.

I think she's just hyping it, based on her track record of the previous seasons, but "who will end up with who" being "unpredictable" has a wonderful trolling potential. Imagine: Part of the Sansa fandom must be buying add space in Variety with her quote followed by "Jonsa is coming" or "Aaabs for Sansa", others find hope that the Sansan romantic dimension was erased so far in order to make the pairing surprising in S8, while the huge Jonerys/Gendrya/Braime legions are gnawing their nails and ready to dracarys D&D if their pet character comes within a mile of their OTP. And in a year or so, we'll discover she means that Davos and Missandei or Jorah and Sam's mom* end up together. LOL.

*As of now, by the way, this is my new crackship.

I still think that D&D put the characters where they were supposed to be on the chessboard for the ending GRRM planned -including the motley crue that was in the Riverlands in the book (The Hound, the Brotherhood, Gendry, Brienne etc.). Maybe some were supposed to meet elsewhere or in another way than they did on the show. Some characters stayed longer because D&D liked them or the actors, or some were eliminated earlier because they didn't work on the show as they did in the books etc. Yet imo the finish line will be the same for the main/POV characters.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Hmmmm still smoking:

And Kit's still in Belfast, apparently. At this rate, I'm thinking that half of the finale will just be Jon fighting, heh.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

And Kit's still in Belfast, apparently. At this rate, I'm thinking that half of the finale will just be Jon fighting, heh.

Someone posted he was at the airport,but his hair is still Jon style.