Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Chapter 63

As the team tries to control fallout from damaging testimony and leaks, everyone is under suspicion and tensions flare between Frank and Claire.

(edited)

Omg, Laura Moretti telling Doug that she fucks him because she hates him was totally amazing. Makes sense, because he's a creep and totally unlikeable. And yet then we cut to the next scene and there's Leann jumping him. WTF, does he hypnotize women by staring at them with his crazy eyes? He looks like what he is, a creepy, stalkery murderer so I don't buy that anyone would be attracted to him.

Way too many 4th-wall breaks in this episode. That device is best used sparingly.

Edited by Michichick
Typos suck
  • Love 20
22 hours ago, Michichick said:

Omg, Laura Moretti telling Doug that she fucks him because she hates him was totally amazing.

That was fantastic since you know that 90% of Doug's attraction to "The Widow Moretti" was feeling powerful about the fact that he changed her life (by changing the donor list) without her knowledge. So she completely burst his bubble. I loved it.

I have no idea why Leann would sleep with Doug. To distract him from what she had on Mac? She just likes gross men?

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

That was fantastic since you know that 90% of Doug's attraction to "The Widow Moretti" was feeling powerful about the fact that he changed her life (by changing the donor list) without her knowledge. So she completely burst his bubble. I loved it.

I have no idea why Leann would sleep with Doug. To distract him from what she had on Mac? She just likes gross men?

I loved seeing Doug's bubble get burst, too. Though Moretti probably moved herself onto his "stalk and kill later" list.

Regarding Leann, it crossed my mind that maybe she wanted sex with Doug to be captured on camera to somehow affect his credibility with the Underwoods. She had realized just before jumping him that she was under camera surveillance.  On further reflection, that hypothesis doesn't make much sense, though. I think you're correct that she was trying to distract him.

• Love 2
On 6/2/2017 at 8:25 AM, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I will never understand this show's hard-on about Doug.  He's a short, bald, dog-faced man with a neanderthal brow, who has all the wit and charm of a sociopath who just guzzled a bottle of cough syrup.  Yet season after season young, beautiful, accomplished women throw themselves at him.  For fuck's sake, a woman who knows he basically engineered the death of her husband- and father of her kids- then sleeps with him!  Repeatedly!  Even urges him to do it like her dead husband!!!!  Michael Kelly must have damning evidence of the producers in compromising situations with various farm animals.  There is simply no other explanation.

• Love 17
(edited)

For a few moments there after Cathy Durant left Frank's office the music sounded distinctly like Homeland's theme. I also watch Homeland but I'm not sure I get the significance--if there was any.

It is pretty slick the way Usher is slowly but surely moving Frank out of the way in favor of Claire--and she knows it. She's walking a tightrope in high heels and a pencil skirt while Frank is driving toward the sun without his seatbelt or sunglasses on. But yeah, Frank, it's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.

Meanwhile, I kind of got the sense that Jane was planting seeds with Cathy about becoming president if both Claire and Frank get impeached or are compelled to resign. I don't get it though because the Sec. of State is relatively far down in the line of succession. They'd have to get both the House Speaker and the President Pro Tem out of the way first.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 3

Widow Moretti tells Doug that she sleeps with him because she hates him. Yeah...ok...we all do that. And then LeAnn jumps in the sack with him to distract him. So no one is screwing Doug because they like him or find him irresistible. And that's understandable since he is the creepiest guy on a show filled with creeps.

I'm still a bit confused but at least the storyline is picking up steam. There is suspicion between the Underwoods and that makes everything more fun.

And WTH with that birthday card in the end?!

• Love 4

Totally baffled by the widow Moretti screwing Doug because she hates him?!?!?  That is some twisted logic.  Someone will have to explain that.

Everyone is in CYA mode.  The Underwoods should be able to figure out the leak since only a small number of people knew certain things.  No point in accusing the SoS because she didn't know about the polling shenanigans the Underwoods pulled.  Most likely culprit is McCallan doing it from the grave.  He had all this planned out in case anything happened to him.  He gave Leann some damaging evidence, but she isn't the leak.

• Love 3

Totally baffled by the widow Moretti screwing Doug because she hates him?!?!?  That is some twisted logic.  Someone will have to explain that.

I did the same thing. It's another thing that I just had to let go instead of trying to figure out, but that's something I can't understand.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Sharper2002 said:

I did the same thing. It's another thing that I just had to let go instead of trying to figure out, but that's something I can't understand.

Maybe she's fucking him because she hates him, but why was she cooking breakfast for him earlier (or previously)? That would definitely be more work than he's worth.

I'm having flashbacks to S1 (or S2, they blur) when Claire recruited a woman to work at Clean Water Initiative, then fired her and seemed to want to ruin her, then gave control of the organization to her. The character inconsistencies needed to move the plot along seem more numerous now than in past seasons. Or maybe it's just that I'm noticing them more now.

• Love 4
On 6/10/2017 at 1:56 PM, HavartiHead42 said:

Maybe she's fucking him because she hates him, but why was she cooking breakfast for him earlier (or previously)? That would definitely be more work than he's worth.

I'm having flashbacks to S1 (or S2, they blur) when Claire recruited a woman to work at Clean Water Initiative, then fired her and seemed to want to ruin her, then gave control of the organization to her. The character inconsistencies needed to move the plot along seem more numerous now than in past seasons. Or maybe it's just that I'm noticing them more now.

If I'm remembering it correctly, the Clean Water Initiative was an organization Claire set up for the Underwoods to use to get ahead in DC.  Once it outlived its usefulness, then she got rid of it and never looked back.  Although, contrary to that, Claire tanked a vote that Francis wanted because it conflicted with her organization.

Writers taking some liberties with the widow Moretti.  Only reason for her to do that would be she is completely nuts.  In her twisted brain, she is getting back at Doug for "killing" her husband.  Not sure if too many, if any, women are sleeping with guys they hate to get back at them though.  Yeah, that will show them!!!

• Love 6
On 6/11/2017 at 5:39 PM, PsychoDrone said:

Writers taking some liberties with the widow Moretti.  Only reason for her to do that would be she is completely nuts.  In her twisted brain, she is getting back at Doug for "killing" her husband.  Not sure if too many, if any, women are sleeping with guys they hate to get back at them though.  Yeah, that will show them!!!

If a woman ever told me they were sleeping with me cause they hated me I would be like "oh man you got me good! Just what I hate the most, sex!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

She was just another person confirming to Doug that he's unlovable. There he was, feeling guilty over that, too, and she tells him that she hates him. She screwed with his head, not just his body. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Still makes no sense.  Moretti is crazy, plain and simple.  Her husband's death caused a psychotic break.  Luring him into the bedroom, tying him up, and torturing would have made sense.  Sleeping with him to eventually tell him that she hates him, is out-of-this-world bonkers.  How long would she have kept up the charade?  Doug just happened to tell her.  Doug could have remained morally bankrupt and kept it going forever.  If she would have stopped before he told her, so what?  From the beginning, he knew he was wrong for getting with her.

Edited by PsychoDrone
  • Love 4

I agree that Moretti screwing Doug because she hates him makes no sense.  Maybe once, if she needed the stimulation, but continued?  Yeah, no.

And I hope that Leann's screwing Doug was just to try and distract him (good luck with that).

Frankly, I don't understand why Doug is getting so much.  He's not a nice guy, he's not that good looking or has such a great body.  Does he have something on the writers?

Had to lol that Eric thinks all Frank wants is to be remembered, even if its as an impeached prez.  He doesn't know Frank well at all.

Jane seems to be playing everyone.  I guess she's just on her side, because its hard to tell who else's side she's on.