Type keyword(s) to search

S35: Previews and Speculation

Daisy
  • Start Topic

I don't mind the idols, but they've gotten to be too much.  I think there needs to be limits on how many one can have, or you can only use it once and not find another one during the game.  I just want to see them be strategic again.  It scares me we're going into the finale tonight with 3.  I think being able to use them until the final 5 is too late.  

I want to see the end of advantages, too.  And if Probst has any twists up his sleeve like he new rock draw rule he talked about in the premiere, wait until the moment to spring it on everyone.  

• Love 1

After Probst spent 17 minutes during the reunion on that "would Brad have won if he'd taken Tai" farce only for it to end in Probst explaining how a FTC tie would work, my sister is convinced that S35 will end in a tie. And there's spec of the same thing on reddit. 

• Love 6

I was thinking the same thing.  I know it's been speculated for years that that's how the tie would be broken (though I'd forgotten about, since the votes aren't even close anymore), but get some crazy, big move loving, want to make history super fans out there, and they'll probably figure it out.  It's why I wish Probst would keep certain things under wraps until the time comes.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

After Probst spent 17 minutes during the reunion on that "would Brad have won if he'd taken Tai" farce only for it to end in Probst explaining how a FTC tie would work, my sister is convinced that S35 will end in a tie. And there's spec of the same thing on reddit. 

I bet you are right.  Yep.  And that may have been his sole reason for the what if scenario.  

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I bet you are right.  Yep.  And that may have been his sole reason for the what if scenario.  

That, and the fact that Sia didn't run up on stage this time - so they had a couple of extra minutes to kill....  ;>

• Love 3

Has this filmed yet? If so... very possible. 

A thing about Sarah got me thinking about one of my fears for this season... that there's going to be a whole lot of moralising about how the 'heroes' (and somewhat the helpers) are automatically better people because of their occupations. Yes, of course it's very noble and brave to be a firefighter or a cop or a marine, but someone has to do the other stuff too, and the 'hustlers' could be just as noble and brave but just have had different opportunities. I hated the "Blue collar = hard-working salt of the earth" stuff in Worlds Apart too, but I could see them taking it to a whole other level with this theme. 

• Love 4
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a tie - depending on how it worked out. it's never been done. 

It always depends on who you want to win.  The person with the best game play and popular could be kicked to the curb if the other 2 are buddies.   Yet another reason an F2 is preferable. 

Edited by wings707
34 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I think filming ended May 12th?  And season 36 will start filming around the first week of June I believe.

This is enough proof that it ends in a tie.  Jeff/Mark thought it was a clever way to get the rule out there.  He wanted everyone to know this had been in place when the 3 team format began.   A preemptive strike to stop outrage and conspiracy theories.  

(edited)
46 minutes ago, wings707 said:

This is enough proof that it ends in a tie.  Jeff/Mark thought it was a clever way to get the rule out there.  He wanted everyone to know this had been in place when the 3 team format began.   A preemptive strike to stop outrage and conspiracy theories.  

That's exactly what I'm thinking. This way they finally tell us the rule they refused to tell us so that we can't be like, "Uh, that's bullshit," when we see it happening for the first time.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

It always depends on who you want to win.  The person with the best game play and popular could be kicked to the curb if the other 2 are buddies.   Yet another reason an F2 is preferable. 

you are preaching to the choir friend. I am  and always will be Final 2. I've yet to see where it "works" to have the final 3. if the whole thing is to stop "goat-carrying" well instead of ditching the goal in final 3, you bring him to tribal and give him a few extra thou. woo.. 

I think the best way to stop goats - is to have a jury vote a goat to win. (well they did that. Bob (teehee).  - then people can go "well we can't take the goat, because what if the goat wins. 

oh. do people want to do a Survivor Pool for next season? I don't mind running it people are interested?

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Daisy said:

if the whole thing is to stop "goat-carrying" well instead of ditching the goal in final 3, you bring him to tribal and give him a few extra thou. woo.. 

A goat is always present in F3, too.  

• Love 1

I'll say this, I'm pre-cringing from next season's "theme" already thinking of all the blathering about how whatever move is made is "so like a hero" or "he/she is SUCH a hustler!!". I hate it already. Why the hell do we need a theme at all. So they can claim their continued brilliance? Ugh.

At least it will be all new people (hopefully). Have we been introduced to the cast like this before? I mean we used to only get a hint of what was happening next season now we even know people that will be on.

The HII/advantage-mania that took down Cerie should be toned wayy the hell down. That was some crazy bullshit, the easiest one to exclude would be having two idols from the same clue like Tia got this season. That's just lazy on their part. I'd say ONE hidden idol (as I know they wouldn't ever eliminate them) pre merge, one after. And there should be intricate hoops to jump through before attaining them, preferably starting with a clue hidden like Sara's advantage that not everyone will see. And just kill assorted "advantages" straight-up

• Love 3

I wish they'd go back to hiding the idols in the challenges. At least then it's slightly more difficult to actually get them and it's also more exciting to watch as a viewer.

14 hours ago, Daisy said:

oh. do people want to do a Survivor Pool for next season? I don't mind running it people are interested?

I am very interested!

• Love 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

So is this supposed to a season of firemen/policemen v. nurses/doctors v. uh, gamblers/con-men?  

Like I said in the episode thread, "hustlers" are male prostitutes where I come from. The show probably doesn't agree, but we will see. ;)

Edited by azshadowwalker
7 minutes ago, azshadowwalker said:

34 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

So is this supposed to a season of firemen/policemen v. nurses/doctors v. uh, gamblers/con-men?  

Like I said in the spoiler thread, "hustlers" are male prostitutes where I come from. The show probably doesn't agree, but we will see. ;)

haha, well, I thought of that too, but then said 'nah'.

(edited)

I would love to do a Survivor pool.

I'm sure the show's definition of hustler is more "these leftover guys we couldn't fit anywhere else."  They should have saved Anna Khait for this season.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Okay! 
So this is how it will work. 

Once we know for sure who is casted and interviews start coming out - I'll start a thread for the Pool. I'll add everyone's name into a lottery bowl, and then everyone can pick whom they want.  Once we hit # of contestants playing in the pool we'll call it closed (unless there is a LOT of people then we can have teams - I think everyone should have a chance to play).  

This is gonna be so exciting! :)

• Love 2