Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E23: Benevolent Deception

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

Surpringly, I liked the show tonight. Maybe it was the dramatic change of scenery. I also liked that Bull was a little less cocky. His team didn't have a lot to do, but that didn't bother me.

• Love 2

I enjoyed this show until Douchka joined. Can't stand her nose job and can't stand her acting or lack thereof. And BTW who sits poolside in Miami with a long sleeve dark green blouse and a black skirt. I hate this character.

• Love 3

I liked this one. It's too bad we didn't see much of the team but I like that we got to see them out of their depth and that things are unsettled between Bull and JP. I liked how JP rattled his cage the last couple of episodes but I'm done with her now.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TVForever said:

Not a fan of the JP Nunnerley character either. Is she going to be a regular cast member now, or is she done soon?

Found this on Variety website: "Dushku will appear in a three-episode arc this season on “Bull,” and has the option to be upped to a series regular in Season 2."

I'm hoping she doesn't take the option.

• Love 4

So, what's to prevent the evil brother from having his sister killed, now that he is under arrest and she plans to testify against him? She doesn't want the WPR, and plans to stay in Miami, so what did the entire charade accomplish, other than to release JP from her contract?

• Love 5

That's exactly what I was wondering. I wasn't sure why JP was thanking Bull at the end. Aside from helping to release her from her contract, he may have helped get her client killed, so... yay? 

I'm baffled. 

• Love 4

Same here.  Especially since sister didn't want to be part of the Witness Protection Program.  And if I were evil brother, I would be very annoyed that not only did my sister testify against me, but she also put up this elaborate ruse to get me arrested in the first place. 

Am also hoping this is the last of the JP character.  Definitely do not want to see her as a regular for next season.

• Love 3

What was up with the music in the final scene? Felt very 1940's black & white film, like they were trying to make it like JP was some "dame" that slipped through Bull's fingers, "the one that got away..."

Which is fine if that's the kind of show it is, but it hasn't been up to this point, so it felt very out-of-context for the entire episode and series.

• Love 1

On a shallow note, MW/Bull looked better these last few episodes.  Hair isn't as long (I hate MW with long hair), stubble is gone, looks a bit leaner (or maybe it's the absence of those stupid sweater vests).  Since I mainly watch for MW eye candy I appreciated the effort. :)

• Love 2
(edited)

I realize TPTB can do whatever they want, but I thought that the other attorney (the one in Texas, who stole Bull's pants) was supposed to move to NY and become a semi-regular???

Though I ageee that the actress who plays JP isn't the...uh, strongest, there is something she brings to the show: she is (at least initially) the equal to Bull. In fact, since it's her case, she's in charge. Bull needs someone to keep his ego in check. He is slightly more palatable when he isn't always right.

Yeah, maybe it would get old, but I think it's a great dynamic for any show to have co-leads clash, but out of fun. Think Maddie and David on Moonlighting. Or Tony and Ziva on NCIS. (Yes , one can quibble as to who was in charge, but I think you see my point.) Brennan and Booth on Bones.

The writers, though, would have to avoid the trap of turning the show into a will they/won't they thing. They writers will have to give us good shows with good stories. This season, I've not seen that.

Another thing, if Bull and JP are focused on, I think that means that the junior staff may see an even more reduced role. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing.

My gut is that there's a real chance the show nest season will look different.

Oh, one other thing: Men -- Loose the scruff. Yeah, sure, if you're Indiana Jones and have just spent a week traipsing through a jungle, you'll have some scruff. Otherwise -- SHAVE. I see the two guys on Supernatural. They're good-looking but they always have scruff. Even when wearing a suit!!!!! So, hopefully, Michael Weatherly is now aware of how some of us feel.

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 1
On 2017-5-23 at 10:43 PM, preeya said:

I enjoyed this show until Douchka joined. Can't stand her nose job and can't stand her acting or lack thereof. And BTW who sits poolside in Miami with a long sleeve dark green blouse and a black skirt. I hate this character.

So do I. I hope she's not a regular! I thought I was the only one that disliked her. I much prefer Cable and co.

• Love 3
On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 1:06 PM, Dowel Jones said:

So, what's to prevent the evil brother from having his sister killed, now that he is under arrest and she plans to testify against him? She doesn't want the WPR, and plans to stay in Miami, so what did the entire charade accomplish, other than to release JP from her contract?

I think her testimony to the FBI is secret. She was cleared in the trial, Bull never told anyone outside his team that her son was the one who made the call, lying that it was an unknown adult with a Spanish accent, so she had no motive for getting back at her brother or for him to suspect her. The seized drugs couldn't be used in the trial on a technicality, and she couldn't be re-tried, but once properly certified they could be used in charging her brother, which clearly (and deliberately) came as a shock to everyone. If I understand correctly. I wish that last part, about the brother's fate, had been spelled out instead of implied, maybe some explanatory dialog that got left on the cutting room floor?

I'm not impressed by J.P. Nunnley, either. But no one liked Bishop when she joined NCIS, and she's still there. J.P. is a catalyst to Bull taking on cases he wouldn't otherwise consider, so there's that. We'll soon see.