Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Jessica: I love Paul and I don't want to see him go anywhere.
Mark: I'm so glad you said that, so do I.
Jessica: I told Cody, I was like, the way you feel about Alex is the way I feel about Paul.
Mark: I'm so glad you said that.
Jessica: That's exactly why our games are different, I would do anything to keep Cody in this house, but I also don't want to see Paul go.

These are Cody's closest allies.  Even without the pendant, I don't think Paul would go.  If he is nominated, the pendant might end up hurting him because he lied about it.  But maybe he can just spin it as not trusting Cody and wanting to see if he would try and backdoor him and how he was obviously right to do it.  In three weeks people might be over it.

Edited by Cosmosgravitation
  • Love 3
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, it's smart of Cody to try to get Christmas out now, it really is. She's a strong competitor, both for the physical competitions as well as socially (not sure about mental competitions yet). She gets along with everyone and she really is a force to be reckoned with. Ultimately, it's smart to get her out now; the problem is is that he's part of their big alliance, and I doubt people will take too kindly with him putting her up, and I don't think it'll be as easy as he thinks to get her evicted. He might be able to, but he will absolutely be the next target because of him not talking to anybody and being an overall annoying jerk about it. 

Also, I love Christmas and that'll dwindle down the number of houseguests who I can stand. I also happen to like Jillian so I'd rather Jason or Ramses go up and get evicted instead. I have no thoughts on either of them. 

Yes there are 4 days until elimination and the argument that she is a competition and social threat may win.  

I think she may be his first choice.  Cody sees that she is not as connected to his alliance as Paul is and will be an easier sell. 

6 minutes ago, Cosmosgravitation said:

These are Cody's closest allies.  Even without the pendant, I don't think Paul would go.  If he is nominated, the pendant might end up hurting him because he lied about it.  But maybe he can just spin it as not trusting Cody and wanting to see if he would try and backdoor him and how he was obviously right to do it.

He should not have discussed the pendant at all.   He probably has destroyed the trust he has taken such effort to build.  Big mistake.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
(edited)

My ideal scenario would be Cody trying to nom Paul, Paul has to expose he got the Temptation, Cody noms Christmas instead. That would be so juicy!

ETA: Watching Christmas and Raven (badly) make pancakes is the most I've enjoyed the feeds so far. Minus any Kevin related stuff.

Cody and Jason are talking and Cody just told Jason that him and Alex are the closet to Cody's personality. WHAT?! 

Cody said he wants to protect Jason and Alex. He told Jason that if he gets HOH next week not to put up Dom/Mark/Elena/Matt/Raven/Jessica. Jason said that wouldn't be good for his game. Cody said if he doesn't protect those people then Cody can't protect him anymore.

Based on what Cody just told Jason I think he's putting up Paul. 

Why does Cody want to protect Dom so much? I was worried about her loyalty to him, but damn she's got him on her side completely so maybe she's not wrong to be so into him.

OK so if anyone needs a good laugh flashback to this Cody/Jason convo. Two idiots trying to talk game, such fun! Cody gave away everything lol. It's too bad Jason was on the receiving end because he won't do anything with it.

Holy shit, Cody just offered himself up as a pawn against Christmas next week lol.

Now Cody is talking to Alex. Seriously folks, fire up the feeds this is gold!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Read the conversation on Jokers Updates that is taking place now between Cory and Jason.   Cody is arrogant and crafty.  He just got Jason to do his bidding in exchange for safety in this veto nomination.  LOL!  

1 minute ago, urusai said:

Cody just told Jason to use him as a pawn to get Xmas out.  Jason wholeheartedly agreed.

Well, really, what are you supposed to say when someone asks to go on the block. "Sure! Not a problem! Tell your alliance to throw me HoH and we'll see what I can do. Good talk, buddy!"

• Love 2

This conversation just confirms that he is going to try to nom Paul.  Paul will pull out his pendant, and it will be Christmas (if Cody chooses replacement) or Ramses (if the curse makes him the automatic replacement).  Should be good feeds.

• Love 5

Nice. I'm glad he's going to put up Paul...or try to. I have to hope that this curse will have Ramses put up, which I have to assume is the consequence to the temptation, which means it'll be the second person Paul has inadvertently gotten evicted just for the temptations twist. Assuming that Ramses goes, which is what Paul/Christmas want. 

I hope I'm here to see the fallout, because it'll be glorious.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am SO pumped that he's going to try to put up Paul. Thanks for the drama, Cody!

Post-Veto feeds will be glorious. I can't wait. Things never go our way. 

• Love 3

Cody adores Dom and made it clear to Jason that he wants her protected along with the couples.  He said he does not have an alliance and probably never will but he has people he wants to protect.   Good god.  Jason told him it was nuts to keep the couples but caved to Cody's desire to keep himself safe. 

'

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Post-Veto feeds will be glorious. I can't wait. Things never go our way. 

I know right! I just want to thank Cody tbh. But also, thanks to Production for not ruining this for me.

Cody is super into Alex. It's insane.

ETA: The only way to make this whole thing better is for Alex to get HOH next week and nom Cody lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

I am not sure if Ramses' curse is to go on the block.  I like the idea but where did that come from?  He has said nothing about that. 

We don't really know, it's just speculation.  Ramses either isn't allowed to say or hasn't been told specifically what the curse is.

I am not sure if Ramses' curse is to go on the block.  I like the idea but where did that come from?  He has said nothing about that. 

Nobody knows what the curse is. He may not even know. There was some talk of him telling people not to be around him because when it goes off, etc., but I wouldn't be surprised if AG is quickly scribbling down ideas for what the curse is on a coffee stained Starbucks napkin while she stares longingly at Paul's face on the monitors.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

ETA: The only way to make this whole thing better is for Alex to get HOH next week and nom Cody lol.

How sweet is that thought!  

1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Nobody knows what the curse is. He may not even know. There was some talk of him telling people not to be around him because when it goes off, etc., but I wouldn't be surprised if AG is quickly scribbling down ideas for what the curse is on a coffee stained Starbucks napkin while she stares longingly at Paul's face on the monitors.

Yes, I heard him say this but it makes no sense.  None. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Cosmosgravitation said:

Alex seems to have bought into Cody at least somewhat and wants to target Dom now.

Hoepfully she comes to her senses. But I'm just glad she didn't completely buy into it and still wants to target one of the people he's protecting.

• Love 1
Just now, Cosmosgravitation said:

Alex seems to have bought into Cody at least somewhat and wants to target Dom now.

Good choice!  I don't like Dom, she has a slimy quality couched in Jesus.   Cody does not see this.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Is there any chance production will tell Paul to keep everything under wraps until the vote for the live drama, like Jeff's Cootie Taw from years ago?

Edited by vb68

It's possible that he might not know what the curse entails. He does know that he can't touch people or be around them or whatever it is, because then it could go to that person. It can't just be a random curse that he suddenly got after Paul got the Temptation and that he's all good. It has to mean something and it makes perfect sense since Paul can't even be nominated that someone got the curse to go up in his place. At least, it makes sense to me.

Good choice!  I don't like Dom, she has a slimy quality couched in Jesus.   Cody does not see this.  

I wouldn't mind Dominique so much if everything that came out of her mouth wasn't a motivational speech, to herself or to others. I get that it's your job but when you're not in need of motivational speaking, it's annoying as shit to hear these "daily affirmations" and "inspirations" and whatever other cuddly language it's wrapped up in. "Reflect on your day. Find the positives". Well, okay, I cleaned the fridge today. I should reflect on that? 

• Love 5
(edited)
2 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Is there any chance production will tell Paul to keep everything under wraps until the vote for the live drama, like Jeff's Cootie Taw from years ago?

That's what I was hoping for, but the pendants description says he is immune to nomination, so probably not.

Edited by Cosmosgravitation
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Based on the rules for the Pendant this shouldn't be able to happen, but the rules mean nothing to Production, so who knows!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

It's possible that he might not know what the curse entails. He does know that he can't touch people or be around them or whatever it is, because then it could go to that person. It can't just be a random curse that he suddenly got after Paul got the Temptation and that he's all good. It has to mean something and it makes perfect sense since Paul can't even be nominated that someone got the curse to go up in his place. At least, it makes sense to me.

It does but that doesn't work with him telling his allies to stay away from him.  Maybe at a specific time in the proceedings the person sitting next to him is the nominee or catches some disadvantage. 

It does but that doesn't work with him telling his allies to stay away from him.  Maybe at a specific time in the proceedings the person sitting next to him is the nominee or catches some disadvantage. 

Maybe someone close to him goes up if Ramses is already on the block, or maybe someone close to him gets the curse if Ramses is evicted.  Who knows.

So, it turns out that I won't even be around to watch the fallout! Unless the feeds shut off for three hours, I'll be out with my sister, so I can only keep tabs from recaps on my phone. Damnit!

I honestly have no idea, but it really feels like Ramses doesn't know either. Or he's just that good at hiding the exact effects of the curse. There's definitely more to it that we'll either find out right after the veto ceremony, or during the episode tonight.

(edited)

We're assuming the curse has something to do with if Paul has to show off his shiny new necklace. But it could be something completely different. It might be automatic Have Not status for Ramses and whoever is around him at that moment. It could be not playing in HoH. It could be almost anything. It makes logical sense that it would be tied to the Pendant somehow but since when does Big Brother work on logic?

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, it turns out that I won't even be around to watch the fallout! Unless the feeds shut off for three hours, I'll be out with my sister, so I can only keep tabs from recaps on my phone. Damnit!

I honestly have no idea, but it really feels like Ramses doesn't know either. Or he's just that good at hiding the exact effects of the curse. There's definitely more to it that we'll either find out right after the veto ceremony, or during the episode tonight.

I think he gets to pass on the curse to someone by doing something and he doesn't even know what it is. 

6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

How about a case of intestinal flu?  

• Love 1
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

Ooooh, Alex was called to DR! It's about to go down!

Oooo! Maybe if the feeds are only off for, like, 45 minutes, I might be able to catch the first few minutes of the fallout!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

Is it possible........that there won't be a real eviction because of Megan self-evicting?  I could easily believe that BB-TPTB would run it up to the last possible minute before announcing.  And if there were to be no eviction, it's possible that Paul's ACA would go unrevealed, if they played it that way. Of course the blurb did say he was protected from nomination, but who knows how TPTB will play it? 

Doubtful, unless Production's intent is to blow Cody out of the House ASAFP.  In previous occasions where the HoH's norms were nullified and nobody left the House (a la Reset Button), the target put on the sitting HoH's back by (a) identifying two targets and (b) both of them remaining in the game has generally proved insurmountable for the HoH in question.  Granted I don't recall such ever happening this early in the game (while there is still a superfluity of alternative targets to provide distraction), but still....

3 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

ETA:  If Megan did self-evict because of PTSD, what does that do to Paul's claim that he was responsible for her going?  Or did he instigate a triggering event?

IMHO Paul is simply claiming credit for resume-building - using his camchats as a sounding board to work up a story he can later spin to the Jury.

2 hours ago, wings707 said:

There are ways they can compensate for an HG leaving.  It is a possibility every season.  They can eliminate one DE.  I would be shocked if they choose to have no elimination.  

This was my first thought as well.

58 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Cody and Jason are talking and Cody just told Jason that him and Alex are the closet to Cody's personality. WHAT?! 

Referencing my earlier post a while back - I think Cody has at least a somewhat grudging respect for Alex for her immediate "eat shit" response to his PsyOps attempt during the vines comp.  But as I also said earlier, Cody may view Alex as a strategic threat for that very reason.

58 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Holy shit, Cody just offered himself up as a pawn against Christmas next week lol.

So, the guy who (with the exception of the PoV) has won every comp in which he's played is willing to go OTB as a pawn???  So much for strategic thinking.  Please strip Cody of all previously acquired princess points.

11 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Someone sound the alarm when the kitties or puppies come up so I can drop everything and watch their adorableness in anticipation of the shitshow the feeds will be after. 

giphy.gif

• Love 7

Oh my god! They're so active! And if the veto ceremony is as long as it was on BBOTT, I might be able to catch the feeds!

But if it's an hour, like it is every other season for some reason, then I'll be pretty sad, since I'll be leaving just before the fallout happens. 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh my god! They're so active! And if the veto ceremony is as long as it was on BBOTT, I might be able to catch the feeds!

But if it's an hour, like it is every other season for some reason, then I'll be pretty sad, since I'll be leaving just before the fallout happens. 

Leave the feeds up on your laptop and pause them when you leave so you can watch it later.  Don't know if this works on a tablet.   Or you can flash back to the time it ends. 

Edited by wings707

I know it's all speculation at this point but if Ramses curse involves him being nominated because Paul can't be, I'm going to be pissed. Two weeks in a row someone ends up nominated due to a fluke? No fucking thank you. As much as I like Christmas, I'd rather it just be her nominated, so at least the noms will be due to decisions the HGs made and contests they won. Not because of "America" or the stupid Temptations twist. 

• Love 11
(edited)

@Katesus7, I agree.  I want to believe AG would not have set this up knowing it could backfire in this way.  It is good in the long run though.  Not for us today but it keeps the strong players in the game.  Could it be a 3rd person to go on the block?  Never mind that they are down one, that can be adjusted later if this was the plan.  

This was planned before anyone knew who the players would be.  I know AG manipulates things on the fly but I am not sure she does as much as we think.   There has to be a story board on these twists. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1