Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, gunderda said:

BB just played 3 of the wake up/no napping messages in a row. 

they must have had their wake up music earlier.

They most likely have to get up so they can be told about the temptation competition and to get ready to play, since they have to play before nominations and have time to decide whether they want to play or not. 

and now we have puppies..... 

Probably being told about the curse right now.  

Most of them weren't up yet so it will probably take forever to get them all out into the living room area. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, eskimo said:

(has a veto holder who's been on the block ever not pulled themselves off before?). 

Yes, Marcellus. And then he got evicted. It was hilarious.

1 hour ago, missyb said:

I do not mind this twist. It does not pander to the public and strategically  challenges the HD's.

I like it too, but considering I'm fairly sure it will be like the Roadkill comps and will be individually done, it makes it an easy comp for Production to allow whoever they want to win.

1 hour ago, Cutty said:

Big reason why I don't like the Temptation Challenge. Gives Paul more outs in the game. And honestly it's probably why it's there. Like Redemption Island with Boston Rob.

And then there's this. Like it's blatantly obvious this was done to try to protect Paul some more. Sigh. Hopefully it backfires!

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Could the rest of them make the show interesting through the rest of the summer?!??

I think they could've made it more interesting from the beginning. Paul has made them all much less interesting than they could've been imo because all they do is act like he's their master, which is boring.

57 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I wonder if only one person can choose to compete and this guarantee that they win safety.

I wonder about that, too. I think Production obviously needs this comp to be played every week because they want something for the Sunday eps, so I imagine they'll just 'force' more than 1 person to say yes every week lol.

46 minutes ago, gunderda said:

some are speculating that there will be additional temptations to make people want to play, other than just safety. 

I wondered about that, too. I actually thought that was a for sure thing at first, but then I reread what Julie said and it sounds like it's just safety as the Temptation and being nominated as the consequence.

I hope we get to see the aftermath of them being told about the new comp and they don't just go right into the comp and we're blocked from all of it. But I have a feeling that's how it will go.

ETA:

8 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

In a way, the competition helps Paul. 

Of course it does! Fucking Production!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Heh. The only person to ever get a smack upside the head from Chenbot with her interview cards. That was the best part. "C'mere, Marcellus. I just have to do this." Smack! "What were you thinking?!"

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Lol, that's right...  Didn't he think that whoever was evicted got a special power instead, or something like that?  In my advanced age I just don't remember the majority of these people once the show is over.

1 minute ago, gunderda said:

Paul is telling Christmas that all the comps are probably physical (ie she probably can't play). 

They probably are. Most Battle of the Blocks were, and so were a majority (if not all) the Roadkills. 

I wonder if she can throw her name in the hat and when they find out she can't compete, if it means she automatically finishes last and is the third nom? 

1 minute ago, eskimo said:

Lol, that's right...  Didn't he think that whoever was evicted got a special power instead, or something like that?  In my advanced age I just don't remember the majority of these people once the show is over.

No, that was Lawon. Equally hilarious but for different reasons.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

They probably are. Most Battle of the Blocks were, and so were a majority (if not all) the Roadkills. 

I wonder if she can throw her name in the hat and when they find out she can't compete, if it means she automatically finishes last and is the third nom? 

That's what I was thinking.  I wouldn't take the chance if I were her. 

Elena is either still asleep or bummed about this new twist

(edited)
29 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Love your scenario @Lady Calypso.  If Cody and Jessica are smart they won't play.  

Cody will 100% play. The guy is dumb as rocks.

ETA I take it back. He must've listened to Jess.

Edited by Cutty
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

So, apparently, Jessica and Cody aren't competing. Neither is Christmas.

Dumb dumb dumb. One of Cody/Jessica should play (Jessica seems like more of a comp beast than Cody, so I'd go with her). If she can win, she's safe. If Cody gets put up and wins Veto or gets Vetoed, they're both safe and so is the Hex for another week. Dumb dumbs. 

• Love 4

Sounds like most of them will compete to try and keep jessica and cody from winning it.  

Kevin thinks that's nuts.  He said Jody told him they aren't competing. 

Alex thinks Jessica lied about her temptation

• Love 1

Kevin just said something about 4 people playing, so are there only 4 people allowed to play?

Kevin is saying that it makes no sense for him to play, but Alex is telling him he should do it so they can prevent Cody/Jess from winning. Kevin is like, "I'm gonna pass this week." lol!

• Love 2
Just now, Callaphera said:

Dumb dumb dumb. One of Cody/Jessica should play (Jessica seems like more of a comp beast than Cody, so I'd go with her). If she can win, she's safe. If Cody gets put up and wins Veto or gets Vetoed, they're both safe and so is the Hex for another week. Dumb dumbs. 

For sure. My dream scenario doesn't seem to be coming true. But, since Jessica and Cody both know they're safe and can ruin Paul's HOH week, they probably don't give a shit about playing. They can always play next week. 

Part of me thinks that they'd rather ruin Paul's HOH week than someone else's.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

For sure. My dream scenario doesn't seem to be coming true. But, since Jessica and Cody both know they're safe and can ruin Paul's HOH week, they probably don't give a shit about playing. They can always play next week. 

Part of me thinks that they'd rather ruin Paul's HOH week than someone else's.

I know but wouldn't the reward from the risk be even greater if it plays out like that? Because not only do they get to rub in Paul's face that he tried and failed, we still get to lose a stupid person (like Mark). And they still have a week of safety if they don't win HoH. Ugh. 

At worst, it doesn't work and they burn the Hex anyway. Stupid dumb people.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2
Just now, Callaphera said:

I know but wouldn't the reward from the risk be even greater if it plays out like that? Because not only do they get to rub in Paul's face that he tried and failed, we still get to lose a stupid person (like Mark). And they still have a week of safety if they don't win HoH. Ugh. 

I mean, it makes perfect sense for Cody to play, or both of them. If one of them wins, great. That means a higher chance of both Jody being off the block come Thursday and saving their Hex. If one of them loses and becomes the third nom, or if neither win and they're put up anyway, then the Hex is used on Thursday and they can still rub it in Paul's face.

It's why I hope Jody thinks about this longer before they go to say if they're playing or not.

• Love 4
(edited)

Matt called Alex a 'risk averse' player because she thinks they should compete to prevent Cody/Jess from winning. I think you mean the opposite, Matt. 

I think Matt told Kevin he's going to ask Paul what he should do. Fuck you, Matt!

I'm pissed that Paul isn't more annoyed about this. All I want is for Paul to be miserable and fucked over, why won't BB give me anything I want?!

• Love 3

C and J not playing is smart.  They don't have to and it sends the message to Paul that they are not worried.  A gamble but it doesn't matter, they are safe no matter what happens.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I will be highly disappointed if Jessica doesn't play. Not Cody, he might throw it to Alex with hearts in his eyes or something if he plays. But Jessica has won three comps. She goes into those comps to play, especially when something is on the line for her. 

God, if it wasn't for Cody, I have a feeling we'd all be singing Jessica's praises as a good, strong female HG. But instead she got mesmerized by penis.

ETA:

Just now, wings707 said:

C and J not playing is smart.  They don't have to and it sends the message to Paul that they are not worried.  A gamble but it doesn't matter, they are safe no matter what happens.  

Disagree. Resting on your laurels, especially when you have an advantage like that, is rarely a good thing in the Big Brother house. It always blows up in the person's face. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4
Just now, Cutty said:

Cody would be stupid not to play. Very little chance he finishes last. It's a free mulligan. There's no way he passes it up.

Then Jessica might go up and the hex is spent anyway.  

Just now, peachmangosteen said:

Now, Alex is telling Jason that they need to all compete. 

Shut up Alex.  She has no sense of this game.  None.  As long as she comes in second to Paul she is happy. 

• Love 1
Just now, wings707 said:

It COULD be smart, in that Paul might realize that they're not bluffing if they're not worried about playing. Then he might just put up Mark/Elena instead. Probably not, but there's a chance.

Either way, they are safe this week so they can play however they want. They're dumb if they think that they'll be safe and not immediate targets next week, though.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

Then Jessica might go up and the hex is spent anyway.  

Right, but if both Jessica and Cody are on the block initially, it guarantees they need to use the Hex this week. If one of them can avoid being the initial nominee, then the other could be saved with veto and the Hex is preserved for use next week.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't know to me it's just a better play for one of Jess/Cody to play. Sure, it doesn't really hurt them to not do it, but it could help them a lot if one of them is able to win it because then there's a chance they might not have to use the Hex at all if the other one can win veto. It just gives them more options. But I think if they're truthful about not playing then it's because they wanna rattle Paul and co. even more about the Temptation they have.

ETA: Paul making Josh leave while him/Alex/Kevin/Jason talk about the new comp is so gross. Josh is a fucking moron for continuing to be Paul's minion.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Michichick said:

Right, but if both Jessica and Cody are on the block initially, it guarantees they need to use the Hex this week. If one of them can avoid being the initial nominee, then the other could be saved with veto and the Hex is preserved for use next week.

So many ifs.  Personally I don't care, I just want the hex used, I don't like it.   AND I don't like Alex.  

• Love 1

I do like that Alex makes sure to remind Kevin when he starts on his "so and so can never win a comp" rants that it's entirely possible for them to win. You never know.

Mark continues to be embarrassing as hell. How in the ever loving fuck does he continue to believe he's good with everyone?!

What would the season be like without Paul ?? Well, we will never know.  Let me say I think that Paul is a great great player. he can talk, rationalize and spin peoples heads around. But what he , and most vets, do for a season is take over. They have had a year to perfect their reputation and persona.  They become the target, and shield for everyone . And so, the rest of the cast takes a back seat. In this cast, only Cody stepped up and stepped up early. Without Paul as a unifying figure, maybe Jess, Elena and Xmas come together in a secret girls alliance. Ot Alex. Maybe Alex and Jason take over. We just don'tknow. But now it is rally around Paul for 6 weeks of safety. When/ if Paul leaves, everyone has to start playing. Do Alex and Jason take over the troops ? I don't think it will be boring.

• Love 4

One of Jess or Cody should definitely play. If one should win, Pauls nomination plan will change( probably use Josh again but maybe Mark). Only one of them can go up and the loser becomes a third nominee.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

So many ifs.  Personally I don't care, I just want the hex used, I don't like it.   AND I don't like Alex.  

I want Jessica and Cody safe for the next two weeks, because Paul won't like it. My whole motivation is for Paul not to get what he wants.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I kinda like the Hex. It's like a half powered Cootie Taw (which Paul tried to pronounce last night and hilariously mangled it into something close to the "com duh taw"). It's not ridiculously overpowered but has just enough impact to mean something. It helps that it negates Paul's HoH week if it plays out the way he wants.

• Love 7