Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13 Spoilers, Speculation and Anticipation

• Start Topic

Karen Maser just confirmed on twitter that Josh Stewart (Will LaMontagne Jr) will appear in the season premiere "Wheels Up" <<<checks to make sure this is a spoilers allowed thread>>>>. affirmed. OKay... I imagine he's probably appearing at the Walker funeral alongside his wife, to support the loss of her coworker. 

21 minutes ago, secnarf said:

Any word on whether or not Tracie Thoms will be back?

They can't really do a funeral for Walker without her.

Is she Walker’s wife? If she is, there’s a picture at the table read and another on Aysha's instagram with her.

What is Stranger Things?

But it seems like they're always a year behind whatever's popular. The clown thing happened last year and their just NOW making an episode about it? Never mind the conspiracy theories that it was staged just to promote It.

1 hour ago, Mariana said:

Is she Walker’s wife? If she is, there’s a picture at the table read and another on Aysha's instagram with her.

So we all know Walker's gonna die. 

Reid “just went through a major crisis, and we don’t want to pretend that never happened,” says showrunner Erica Messer.

Heh, yeah, I would hope not. 

But I do like the idea of Reid learning from this experience and using it to further better himself, instead of go down an even darker path. I would like to see some acknowledgement of him trying to readjust and the struggles that come with that, though, because he did experience some rather disturbing and scary things in prison that are naturally going to take a while to get over. Maybe he's having some nightmares, or his experience affects his view of a case/unsub to some degree, or something of that sort. Just little things like that, that they can sprinkle in throughout the season, and which can coincide with his attempts to move on and come out of the whole ordeal much stronger. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

But I do like the idea of Reid learning from this experience and using it to further better himself, instead of go down an even darker path. I would like to see some acknowledgement of him trying to readjust and the struggles that come with that, though, because he did experience some rather disturbing and scary things in prison that are naturally going to take a while to get over. Maybe he's having some nightmares, or his experience affects his view of a case/unsub to some degree, or something of that sort. Just little things like that, that they can sprinkle in throughout the season, and which can coincide with his attempts to move on and come out of the whole ordeal much stronger. 

“That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.” - German philosopher, Friedrich Nietzsche.

This song got me thinking about all the crap Reid went through. PS--My love for both MJ and MGG are one and the same.

Edited by Fashionista7
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I would like to see some of this myself. But, I will still be keeping my expectations low in order to avoid some major disappointments. We were told once before that we would see Reid dealing with something and nothing ever real came of it. I'd like to think it'll be different this time though with as horrific as an ordeal that Reid just recently went thru.

• Love 1
Just now, MMC said:

I would like to see some of this myself. But, I will still be keeping my expectations low in order to avoid some major disappointments. We were told once before that we would see Reid dealing with something and nothing ever real came of it. I'd like to think it'll be different this time though with as horrific as an ordeal that Reid just recently went thru.

Same; I think because of Messer.

Reid's gone through some serious s****y crap throughout the years, even though I got into the show its tenth season.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, MMC said:

Very true. So long as we get some occasional mention, or maybe a one-off talk between Reid and Emily, or Reid and another team member, where he discusses how he's doing, that can work for me, 'cause at least it's an acknowledgement. There was that moment in "Sick Day" where Will mentioned JJ going to therapy-maybe we can get a mention of Reid doing that as well, to deal not just with the events of last season, but all the other crap he's been through in recent years (honestly, I think it's safe to say EVERYONE on this team needs proper therapy at this point, really). 

There's also the fact that this is the second time Reid was drugged against his will by an unsub. Given how hard he's fought to stay sober for the past ten years, and how this disrupted that, it'd also be nice to hear mention of him going to meetings, or see a brief scene of him attending one like in "Elephant's Memory" or something. 

I'll also be curious to see how they'll address his mom. It'd be hard to have her still living with him unless Jane Lynch comes back, but they could still work around that by Reid just mentioning how she's doing when he comes to work or something. But if she doesn't stay with him, where will he send her? 

• Love 2
Just now, Annber03 said:

Very true. So long as we get some occasional mention, or maybe a one-off talk between Reid and Emily, or Reid and another team member, where he discusses how he's doing, that can work for me, 'cause at least it's an acknowledgement. There was that moment in "Sick Day" where Will mentioned JJ going to therapy-maybe we can get a mention of Reid doing that as well, to deal not just with the events of last season, but all the other crap he's been through in recent years (honestly, I think it's safe to say EVERYONE on this team needs proper therapy at this point, really). 

There's also the fact that this is the second time Reid was drugged against his will by an unsub. Given how hard he's fought to stay sober for the past ten years, and how this disrupted that, it'd also be nice to hear mention of him going to meetings, or see a brief scene of him attending one like in "Elephant's Memory" or something. 

I'll also be curious to see how they'll address his mom. It'd be hard to have her still living with him unless Jane Lynch comes back, but they could still work around that by Reid just mentioning how she's doing when he comes to work or something. But if she doesn't stay with him, where will he send her? 

In "Surface Tension," she did say that she wanted to go back to where she was before before, which was Bennington before she...slapped him.

• Love 2

True. Yeah, I definitely think if she does get sent anywhere, it'd probably be back there. It'd be beneficial for Diana, and it's a place Reid knows and trusts, so that can give him some peace of mind. 

1 minute ago, Annber03 said:

True. Yeah, I definitely think if she does get sent anywhere, it'd probably be back there. It'd be beneficial for Diana, and it's a place Reid knows and trusts, so that can give him some peace of mind. 

Plus Bennington is also the place that Diana Reid is most familiar with, after all it was where she had been living for at least a decade and a half.

• Love 1

and that'll require some acknowledgement from Reid that Emily and Cassie were right ("Good Husband" and "Surface Tension"), that he'd taken on too much having Diana at home with him. I don't see this happening in the first ep or two of the season though, because he's gonna be pressed into service with the case right away. Maybe they can have it happen 'on the weekend' so to speak, between episodes so he comes in at the beginning of, say episode 3, and they can ask 'how did the move with your mom go?' kinda thing.

I think he took Rossi's 'take the time you have with her' to heart early last season, and it may have triggered the whole bring mom home thing. He'll have seen by now that this just wasn't in anyone's best interest, not hers, not his, not his job etc....

29 minutes ago, Fashionista7 said:

before she...slapped him.

*cringe*

• Love 2

AND...... did they conveniently forget that somehow, Wilkins or Cat got their hands on Reid's confidential FBI personnel report?

(this is where/why I thought Scratch might actually still be involved in this.... *he* has mad computer skills and would probably be able to hack into them)

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, MMC said:

Nor will I be holding my breath waiting for a plausible answer as to how in the hell Cat had been able to keep Reid in genpop like she did.

I actually could see this being brought up in a larger discussion about Cat's attempts to impersonate Scratch and the team as a whole being threatened. Wasn't there some indication last season that she'd been working with somebody within the FBI or something? Maybe they had a role in helping to keep Reid there. That could also explain some of why the FBI in general was so hands off about offering legal help to the BAU to get Reid out much sooner.

I wouldn't mind Cat coming back again, but I really hope they can find a way to handle the baby aspect that doesn't involve taunting Reid again. If the baby doesn't get put into foster care/adopted by somebody else, I could see Cat losing the baby somehow, too. 

• Love 3

Well most certainly it had to have been someone higher up pulling the strings in order to keep Reid in genpop. Because there is no way in hell Cat  would have been able to do it with no help other than Wilkins.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, MMC said:

Well most certainly it had to have been someone higher up pulling the strings in order to keep Reid in genpop. Because there is no way in hell Cat  would have been able to do it with no help other than Wilkins.

So a mole in the FBI. 

• Love 1

Somehow, I doubt that baby will go to term. If she was even really pregnant. Could've bought off someone in the prison to fake that medical report too. At any rate, the baby is Wilkins', so if she does go to term, the baby should go to Wilkins' relatives. In no way, shape or form should Reid end up saddled with it.

Yeah, there's either a mole in the FBI or someone did some great hacking. Or it'll be conveniently forgotten......

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ReidFan said:

Somehow, I doubt that baby will go to term. If she was even really pregnant. Could've bought off someone in the prison to fake that medical report too. At any rate, the baby is Wilkins', so if she does go to term, the baby should go to Wilkins' relatives. In no way, shape or form should Reid end up saddled with it.

Precisely. But with this show, it's easy to wonder if they wouldn't try and pull that kind of stunt anyway. 

I like your thought about faking that medical report. I definitely wouldn't put it past her to make that happen. 

• Love 1

we already know she lied. She lied about Lindsay pretending to be Maeve to um, you know..... wouldn't put it past her to lie about being pregnant too. And she obviously lied to Lindsay as well.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

Yeah, there's either a mole in the FBI or someone did some great hacking. Or it'll be conveniently forgotten......

They really need to run with the mole theory. 

11 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

we already know she lied. She lied about Lindsay pretending to be Maeve to um, you know..... wouldn't put it past her to lie about being pregnant too. And she obviously lied to Lindsay as well.

She puts Pinnochio to shame with her lying. 

• Love 1

well, if they have a script continuity supervisor who's worth his/her salt, they will have made a notation that Prentiss speculated that, and even said something about 'someone not working for the FBI much longer'.

I suppose it kinda depends on how/where that information would've been stored/handled. Personnel files, info like that.  Is it on the computer? Didn't someone get their paws on the BAU members' home addresses etc at one point? If it's in a paper file, then a surreptitious stealth into the HR office where that stuff would be stored. *shrug* guess it just depends on how/if they're gonna go about it.

• Love 3

It is no secret that a huge portion of the fandom has felt that there has been a huge void in Reid's life for the longest time. I just hope to hell they are not considering using that baby as a means to try and fill that void. The only way I would behind it is if Reid were to finally met that special someone because he had chosen to make the baby part of his life. The fact is we are going into the 5th season since Maeve was murdered. So the show has had ample time to allow Reid to grieve her and then move on to allowing himself to love and be loved again.

BTW, I am not advocating that they would be considering having Reid adopt the baby. Because not only would it be an extremely impractical thing for Reid to attempt, but also as someone else has already pointed out if there really is a baby Wilkin's family would no doubt be the one caring for it. But I could see them making Reid want to be part of this child's life.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, MMC said:

It is no secret that a huge portion of the fandom has felt that there has been a huge void in Reid's life for the longest time. I just hope to hell they are not considering using that baby as a means to try and fill that void. The only way I would behind it is if Reid were to finally met that special someone because he had chosen to make the baby part of his life. The fact is we are going into the 5th season since Maeve was murdered. So the show has had ample time to allow Reid to grieve her and then move on to allowing himself to love and be loved again.

BTW, I am not advocating that they would be considering having Reid adopt the baby. Because not only would it be an extremely impractical thing for Reid to attempt, but also as someone else has already pointed out if there really is a baby Wilkin's family would no doubt be the one caring for it. But I could see them making Reid want to be part of this child's life.

Why would Spencer even consider it though? The child is not his, and it is not like the child's mother is somebody he is in love with, or a friend, or a family member. At the risk of sounding cold, why would he even consider being a part of this child's life? Just to make sure the child won't grow up to be like his/her mother, maybe? But that still seems pretty far fetched.

Also, did Lindsay really, well, basically rape Spencer in order to obtain his semen? I guess not, because the child isn't his. But that is still kind of an elephant in the room-I hope they don't go there.

Edited by Mislav
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, normasm said:

Senin, it's really just teasing by Messer, saying "Reid's been through a lot, we want to show fallout, but not really." Hemming and hawing. Nothing concrete.

Thanks !! 

49 minutes ago, Mislav said:

Why would Spencer even consider it though? The child is not his, and it is not like the child's mother is somebody he is in love with, or a friend, or a family member. At the risk of sounding cold, why would he even consider being a part of this child's life? Just to make sure the child won't grow up to be like his/her mother, maybe? But that still seems pretty far fetched.

Also, did Lindsay really, well, basically rape Spencer in order to obtain his semen? I guess not, because the child isn't his. But that is still kind of an elephant in the room-I hope they don't go there.

agreed, completely agreed. 

abso-fraggin-lutely not. No effin' way. 

56 minutes ago, Mislav said:

Hey I get where you are coming from and I am even inclined to agree with you. Here's the thing though, since when has EM and her writers ever let the notion that something would be pretty far fetched stop them before. My guess would be almost never. And of course the prime example of what I am talking about is the ridiculously convoluted story line the gave JJ for 200.

I think the reason Spencer would consider it was the reason he gave Cat: he wished it was his so he could keep it away from her. And, in canon, Spencer has longed for a wife and kids, and just kids in general. 

In Messer's defense, she did say that when the writers posed this "Spencer got Cat pregnant" scenario, she flipped out, said "no way." Then she backed off when told that it would just be Cat messing with Spencer's mind as much as possible, knowing this is a life goal (kids), and to have it turned on him like this would be horribly painful. Something Cat would definitely do.

I'll hold my opinion until and unless they try the Spencer-daddy thing. I think it's too soap opera, but I also want Reid to have something wonderful for once.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MMC said:

Hey I get where you are coming from and I am even inclined to agree with you. Here's the thing though, since when has EM and her writers ever let the notion that something would be pretty far fetched stop them before. My guess would be almost never. And of course the prime example of what I am talking about is the ridiculously convoluted story line the gave JJ for 200.

Exactly. Erica Messer is a prime example of a sixteen year old girl moonlighting as an executive producer for a tv show. She's so obsessed with her soap opera, fan fiction fantasies, she can't see reality. 

• Love 1

I assume what Messer means by "fallout" is that there will be one throwaway line in one episode to remind us hey, remember when Reid went to prison that one time? And then it will never be mentioned again until Season 28 or something. 

I'm so sick of Scratch. I'd like it if he died of dysentery off screen and we never have to hear about him again. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, idiotwaltz said:

I assume what Messer means by "fallout" is that there will be one throwaway line in one episode to remind us hey, remember when Reid went to prison that one time? And then it will never be mentioned again until Season 28 or something. 

I'm so sick of Scratch. I'd like it if he died of dysentery off screen and we never have to hear about him again. 

They're not gonna mention Reid, but I'll BET you they're gonna do a whole episode on "why Prentiss is awesome" or " why JJ is awesome. " Or "Prentiss, Garcia, JJ, and Lewis go to the bars and fight crime."

18 hours ago, MMC said:

All of this. This is precisely why I could see them touching on this again. Even if he doesn't talk about adopting the baby himself, I could see him at least wanting to help see to it that the child was raised in a better home somewhere else or something. He's got enough of a history with Cat now to where I think he'd feel like he has to keep tabs on whatever's going on with her to some degree, both for his and his mom's own protection and in general. 

Also...

8 hours ago, ReidFan said:

Nice! Harry just tweeted that 12.05 The Bunker is written by Karen Maser and... directed by Aisha Tyler 

Ooh, neat! Be interesting to see her directing skills in action. 

• Love 2

I think if Reid were to truly "grow" from his experiences in jail it would be that he'd learn how to view criminals from a personal level, not strictly from the academic side. Instead of saying, "this guy's an anger-excitation rapist and you deal with him this way", he'd say "he's torturing these women because he doesn't believe his mother loves him, when she does."

Of course, I'm with a lot of you in thinking that all we'll get is a line or a neck rub and that will be it.

• Love 3

Even if he doesn't talk about adopting the baby himself, I could see him at least wanting to help see to it that the child was raised in a better home somewhere else or something. He's got enough of a history with Cat now to where I think he'd feel like he has to keep tabs on whatever's going on with her to some degree, both for his and his mom's own protection and in general. 

I can see that, actually. But then again, back in Season 6, there was that horrid storyline with Morgan and Ellie Spicer that never got anywhere and basically never happened. So we might get another episode about Reid (two episodes with some focus on Reid, can you imagine? Messer is so generous). 

But I agree it would not make sense for Reid to adopt the baby if it's not his. I would imagine that it would take some time for Cat's parental rights to be terminated even though there is no doubt they would be, then social services might want to identify the biological father's family, and if no one is willing to take the child, then it goes into foster care until it can be adopted. Even in situations where an infant is placed with a foster family shortly after birth, it could take over a year before the adoption can be finalized. 

Reid would have to jump through hoops if he really wanted to adopt Cat's baby.  IMO, they would not be particularly interesting hoops to watch on TV either. 

So, Floyd will reappear in the sixth episode of season thirteen? How fitting..

My heart sinks a little at this news. Lucky is one of my favorite episodes ever, and I love, love how they ended it. I have extremely little faith in the current batch of writers so I'm just expecting they botch this entirely. 

• Love 2