Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13 Spoilers, Speculation and Anticipation

• Start Topic

Doesn't surprise me. I figured he'd probably look a little scraggly for a few episodes, given the stress he's been through lately. 

As for the episode synopsis, a drone, eh? 'Kay. Not what I'd imagined judging from the title. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Fashionista7 said:

Let me guess; it reminds you of R.I.P: Reid in Prison, don't it?

that too, but I just don't like facial hair on "Spencer"....not a huge fan of it, period, but I'm okay with it on "Matthew" just not on "Spencer."

and I really, really, REALLY wish they'd stop giving away the dang unsub in these press releases. (I suppose the answer's obvious, I should stop reading them.....)

• Love 5
15 hours ago, ReidFan said:

that too, but I just don't like facial hair on "Spencer"....not a huge fan of it, period, but I'm okay with it on "Matthew" just not on "Spencer."

and I really, really, REALLY wish they'd stop giving away the dang unsub in these press releases. (I suppose the answer's obvious, I should stop reading them.....)

Yup me neither. I prefer Reid to be clean shaven and hair a bit neatly done. I loved his look in the first few episodes of season 12.

I think they will have him scruffy for a while to indicate he is changed by his prison trauma. At some point, I do think he will "clean up" and resume being a happier, more healthy Spencer, perhaps when he meets someone mid-year or later.

I love the scruff, and i love that he's not immediately back to "normal" and won't be for a while.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, normasm said:

I think they will have him scruffy for a while to indicate he is changed by his prison trauma. At some point, I do think he will "clean up" and resume being a happier, more healthy Spencer, perhaps when he meets someone mid-year or later.

I love the scruff, and i love that he's not immediately back to "normal" and won't be for a while.

yup I hope that is the case and yes please to Spencer meeting someone :)

3 hours ago, Fashionista7 said:

You're welcome, normasm!

I can't WAIT until TOMORROW!

I'm DYING, WAITING and ITCHING for this SCRATCH to go away, if not, DIE!!

Itching for the scratch thing to go away? No pun intended,  eh?

Totally dig the scruff on Reid. He JUST might be a darker character this time around! :)

• Love 1

As always, he's angry at himself. Sweet, misplaced-anger boo, it's Scratch you should be furious at. 

Reidgirl, Fashionista linked it above and I shared it on the episode thread, too.

Edited by Willowy
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Willowy said:

As always, he's angry at himself. Sweet, misplaced-anger boo, it's Scratch you should be furious at. 

Reidgirl link is above and I shared it on the episode thread, too.

Yes I tried that link only. May be because I am in the UK, I still get the old promo on that link.

I saw a TV Guide article the other day where EM had said that even though Reid was going to be reinstated fairly quickly he'd be on probation and would be in some sort of detention. I wonder if that is going to prevent him from being with the team when they have to go out of town for a case. I hope not. But if that is the case they need to find a way to still allow him to work with the team on a case. I wonder if this story line is what is going to be used to explain Reid's absence a little later in the season.

Honestly my first reaction was WTF! Reid has served the FBI faithfully for more then a decade. He has been shot numerous times, held hostage, has been kidnapped and drugged twice against his will. And of course one of those times resulted in him becoming an addict. And then the poor baby had to watch the girl he was in love with get her brains blown out right in front of him. But he makes one mistake and the higher ups seem to want to keep punishing him for it. Didn't those bastards punish Reid enough when they refused to lift a damn finger to get him out of  the general population and into protective custody when they knew damn well that is where he was suppose to be in the first place.

• Love 5

And, please don't forget the FBI mole!!!!!!! Someone had to disclose Reid's whereabouts when he left from a case to go to Houston, where Lindsay intercepted him across the border. If CM "forgets" this, it will be so stupid.

• Love 6

I'm not much of one to update my cellphone message, but if I did, this would be it (as it is my FB status) for tonight:

tonight i will not take your call

in fact i’m not at home at all

or that is what i’ll pretend to be

cause i’m in front of my tv.

so please don’t call or text at eight

cause i will not reciprocate

i’ve reserved that special time

for season premiere Criminal Minds

and nor will I the dog walk or feed

because it’s time for Spencer Reid

to step it up and then dispatch

that evil awful Mr Scratch

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

I'm not much of one to update my cellphone message, but if I did, this would be it (as it is my FB status) for tonight:

tonight i will not take your call

in fact i’m not at home at all

or that is what i’ll pretend to be

cause i’m in front of my tv.

so please don’t call or text at eight

cause i will not reciprocate

i’ve reserved that special time

for season premiere Criminal Minds

and nor will I the dog walk or feed

because it’s time for Spencer Reid

to step it up and then dispatch

that evil awful Mr Scratch

Same for me. Except I don't Facebook, Twitter.

I hardly have a social life.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Hotchgirl18 said:

So, by this logic, Hotch should be back. But no.  But it is what it is. So, if they could go back to actually profiling serial killers that would be great. And if they could make Reid a little more aggressive, that would be great. 

For some reason, you popped into my head when I was watching the episode. I don't login here much but I do remember you liking Hotch a lot. What did you think about the writers writing Hotch out for good? 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Lucky Thirteen said:

For some reason, you popped into my head when I was watching the episode. I don't login here much but I do remember you liking Hotch a lot. What did you think about the writers writing Hotch out for good? 

I don't like it. But at least they're not killing him off. 

3 hours ago, Hotchgirl18 said:

I don't like it. But at least they're not killing him off. 

Really? I sorta took it as a sign that he's never coming back and that's final.

2 hours ago, Aethera said:

Let's not start the Hotch Discussion, or discussion of the newly aired episode, in this thread, please! It's for Spoilers and Speculation on the coming season.

Well, technically Hotch's case is still a speculation. Yesterday's entire episode revolved around toying with the idea of whether or not he'll come back. I mean, we can't just sweep him under the rug. He was a major character for the last 12 seasons. We can't just pretend like he doesn't exist. Some fans are still upset at his departure which is understandable.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Lucky Thirteen said:

Really? I sorta took it as a sign that he's never coming back and that's final.

Well, technically Hotch's case is still a speculation. Yesterday's entire episode revolved around toying with the idea of whether or not he'll come back. I mean, we can't just sweep him under the rug. He was a major character for the last 12 seasons. We can't just pretend like he doesn't exist. Some fans are still upset at his departure which is understandable.

Talking about how people felt about him leaving is not appropriate for this thread, and should go into his own thread. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Danielg342 said:

So...moving this thread along.

I believe there's one pertinent question that needs to be asked, now that the show has officially scratched Peter Lewis.

(Bad pun, I know)

What's next?

They really SCRATCHED that ITCH away.

• Love 3

Daniel, hopefully, CM will go back to the COTW formula while having an undercurrent of dealing with Reid's harrowing imprisonment aftermath, as well as other character sketches that again show the human side of the profiler job. And, I hope, it won't be the Unsub Show to the extent it has been in some other seasons. It will be the Profiler Show.

• Love 7

:-\   and it's October... Or Gubetober I guess. He's on his month (or so?) off now, which means he won't be around at all for the shooting of episodes 9 and 10 (False Flag and Submerged, by my count) and will be back at the tail end of the shooting of episode 11, the one Kirsten and Erica are cowriting, and will be missing the latter half of 8 Neon Demon....

I wonder if Reid will be off for PTSS treatment, if they explain his absence on screen.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

:-\   and it's October... Or Gubetober I guess. He's on his month (or so?) off now, which means he won't be around at all for the shooting of episodes 9 and 10 (False Flag and Submerged, by my count) and will be back at the tail end of the shooting of episode 11, the one Kirsten and Erica are cowriting, and will be missing the latter half of 8 Neon Demon....

I wonder if Reid will be off for PTSS treatment, if they explain his absence on screen.

Gubetober. Cute!