Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13 Spoilers, Speculation and Anticipation

• Start Topic

I posted this in other places

I'm not having a really good vibe about this. Sounds like Agent Retread and Garcia are gobbling up a lot of the story. Plus, we have Will, Agent Walker's story/family and the dreaded Scratch thang (which I fervently hope but highly doubt will be resolved by the end of the premiere). And, after all the attention on Reid last season, I imagine even when he's onscreen he won't have much focus. 

Oh, well, there's my sunny little synopsis of anticipation!

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, normasm said:

I posted this in other places

I'm not having a really good vibe about this. Sounds like Agent Retread and Garcia are gobbling up a lot of the story. Plus, we have Will, Agent Walker's story/family and the dreaded Scratch thang (which I fervently hope but highly doubt will be resolved by the end of the premiere). And, after all the attention on Reid last season, I imagine even when he's onscreen he won't have much focus. 

Oh, well, there's my sunny little synopsis of anticipation!

I don't really 'like' this--I just agree with it!  There's nothing I've read about the upcoming season that has me excited, but some does have me cringing.  Hoping to be pleasantly surprised by whatever it is that hasn't been talked about.

• Love 4

I was really hoping that Reid would play major role while saving the team and taking down Scratch. But as of now it doesn't look that way. I am with JMO, hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

• Love 3

As of right now I am not at all sure I will be watching the CM premiere in real time. And my decision has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that it is going to be on an hour later than it use to be.

• Love 1

9 PM was already late for me.  My viewing habits won't change--fall asleep on the couch, wake up long enough to fast forward to the Reid scenes, and watch (or not) the next day.  

I've read some people interpreting the 10 PM slot as part of a down sliding of the show.  Makes me chuckle, when I think of how 'ER' managed at 10 PM, for all fifteen seasons.  

• Love 2

9 pm won't be an issue for me, either-that's still quite early enough in the evening for me. Mind, I'm a night owl sort as it is, so unless I have to be to bed early for something the following day, I can be, and often am, up for a good portion of the night :p.

I'm personally looking forward to the premiere. Yes, I'd love to see Reid do his part to help take down Scratch, but I'm also curious to see what the rest of the team will do as well, and how they'll incorporate Simmons into everything. 

11 minutes ago, JMO said:

I've read some people interpreting the 10 PM slot as part of a down sliding of the show.  Makes me chuckle, when I think of how 'ER' managed at 10 PM, for all fifteen seasons.  

Exactly. The show's going into its thirteenth season, if and when its ratings do fluctuate or decline, it's going to be largely due to the fact that it's just an old show in and of itself, and that's what happens to long-running shows in general after a while. People have been predicting this or that event or change would be the show's downfall for years now, and yet it's still chugging along, so... I won't be surprised if the show does decide to wrap things up in a year or two, mind, simply because no show can last forever and who knows what CBS might want to do with their schedule and programming in the future, but I don't really get the point of people fretting over its ratings or renewal chances at this point in its run. It'll go for as long as the cast or the network wants it to run. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ReidFan said:

an hour earlier for me!! yay!!! I can have you all spoiled before I go to bed at night O-)

If we here in the states are going to be getting CM an hour later, how is it that Canada will be getting it an hour earlier?

27 minutes ago, MMC said:

If we here in the states are going to be getting CM an hour later, how is it that Canada will be getting it an hour earlier?

6 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

because CTV, the network that bought the Canadian airing rights, already airs something else (offhand, I don't remember what) at 10 pm on Wednesdays, so they moved CM to 8 pm

In Canada we also got CM at 8 pm ET last year (while it was aired in the US at 9 pm) for similar scheduling reasons. Law & Order SVU is on at 9 and Designated Survivor is on at 10.

Also, I believe in Atlantic Canada they typically move the 10pm show to 7pm ET.

Edited by secnarf
16 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

because CTV, the network that bought the Canadian airing rights, already airs something else (offhand, I don't remember what) at 10 pm on Wednesdays, so they moved CM to 8 pm

Okay now I understand. I shall be looking forward to your review. Because it just may play a major part in whether or not I view this episode in real time.

On 8/31/2017 at 7:05 PM, ReidGirl said:

I was really hoping that Reid would play major role while saving the team and taking down Scratch. But as of now it doesn't look that way. I am with JMO, hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

It would be very difficult for Reid to do so.

He's not been reinstated, yet.

• Love 1

perhaps this is the new 'badass' 'darker' version of Reid they said he was gonna be...having lost some of his innocence/gentleness after prison. Wasn't it Erica who said he was gonna be 'darker' this season?

• Love 1

"Ruh roh", indeed. Ooh. That sounds ominous. Thanks for sharing the EW and TV Line links! The TV Line scoop sounds intriguing, and I love the photo of Reid in it. 

3 hours ago, ReidGirl said:

Can't wait for the premiere. Thank you for the link.

You're welcome :)! 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 2

There's a consistent little group of fans on that site that like to chat about the show when articles about it pop up-the discussion for the press release and promo for "Wheels Up" has gotten over 100 comments, last I saw. I hang out there regularly and write reviews for the show there, and I've had some fun discussions with other people there :).

• Love 2

Garcia was shot, terrorized, and nearly killed. She's entitled to feel shaky and vulnerable about that time in her life. And I'll be pleasantly surprised if Reid is front and center, they've got a lot to cover the first hour back and while he's most important to me, there's a main character death and the introduction of a brand new agent to get in. 

I think as the season unfolds we'll see more of Reid's PTSD, and the fallout of last season's experiences.

• Love 2

Ugh. The sneak peek.

First off, why on god's green earth would Penelope be driving out to a raid location? I could see her making those dramatic phone calls from the office, but in what capacity would she go on scene with someone who wasn't her direct superior or team member?

Wasn't SWAT supposed to meet the team at the location? This is stupid. As usual. The basic premise doesn't even hold up. It's just done so Garcia can get all wobbly-woo. Ugh.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, normasm said:

Ugh. The sneak peek.

First off, why on god's green earth would Penelope be driving out to a raid location? I could see her making those dramatic phone calls from the office, but in what capacity would she go on scene with someone who wasn't her direct superior or team member?

Wasn't SWAT supposed to meet the team at the location? This is stupid. As usual. The basic premise doesn't even hold up. It's just done so Garcia can get all wobbly-woo. Ugh.

I hate illogic.  Why pace in front of the elevators instead of calling for backup, if you're going to call for backup as soon as you get in the vehicle?  And why call the CMBB new guy and not your own section chief, who wouldn't have the same trouble calling for back up that the tech analyst has?  And why are the two SUVs back in their original post-spike chain positions, and not in the positions the truck sent them (unless that's part of the Scratch mystery)?  

• Love 5

and since they were supposed to be meeting the SWAT team at 'Scratch's house', why wouldn't she be calling THEM to backtrack and find them.

I did adore hearing that Garcia's full name is Penelope *GRACE* Garcia! :D  

• Love 2

Well at least Garcia isn't wearing Kevlar thank goodness. I never really had a problem with Garcia going out in the field back in the days when CM had a much better show runner and much better writers. Because at least they were still mindful of the fact that she wasn't an agent.  Which is something that EM and her writers seem to want to ignore on a frequent basis. And you had better believe, had the actress herself not put her foot down and told them no, not only would we be seeing Garcia in Kevlar from time to time, but we'd also see her running around with a gun.

And speaking of running around, Garcia running around in high heels while carrying her laptop and trying to keep up with Alvez was probably one of the most ridiculous things I have even seen EM and these writers have the character doing.  

• Love 3

Garcia had BETTER wear kevlar if she is out in the field, though I do agree her choice of footwear should be more along the lines of something more practical. And she's mayyybe out in the field like once every other season, right? No big deal. 

I'm not about to start slamming on the new season by bringing up ancient irritants. As I seem to repeat every pre-season: "Why don't we wait and see what actually happens before casting aspersions?"

That would be neat.

• Love 2
Just now, Willowy said:

I'm not about to start slamming on the new season by bringing up ancient irritants. As I seem to repeat every pre-season: "Why don't we wait and see what actually happens before casting aspersions?"

That would be neat.

My thoughts exactly.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, MMC said:

Well at least Garcia isn't wearing Kevlar thank goodness. I never really had a problem with Garcia going out in the field back in the days when CM had a much better show runner and much better writers. Because at least they were still mindful of the fact that she wasn't an agent.  Which is something that EM and her writers seem to want to ignore on a frequent basis. And you had better believe, had the actress herself not put her foot down and told them no, not only would we be seeing Garcia in Kevlar from time to time, but we'd also see her running around with a gun.

And speaking of running around, Garcia running around in high heels while carrying her laptop and trying to keep up with Alvez was probably one of the most ridiculous things I have even seen EM and these writers have the character doing.  

If she would act her age instead of a 13 year old, that would be GREAT!!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Willowy said:

That would be neat.

I wish I could share in your optimism.

• Love 4

Erica largely stayed away last season, as she was busy with BB. Breen pretty much held the reins. It will be interesting to compare this season and last side by side to see how (and if) they are markedly different. 

She's also developing another FBI drama (with her own production company) that's already been sold to ABC. It remains to be seen how much time she'll have for the mothership this season, too.

4 hours ago, secnarf said:

I wish I could share in your optimism.

One thing CM has going for it is that it's an episodic show- we don't truly have to worry about a few bad episodes ruining a great, long narrative. We can just watch the stinkers and move on to the next installment with the previous one out of our minds.

I, for one, am hopeful that S13 can get things back on track. Even though I don't think Hotch's firing can really be enough of an excuse for S12, the good news for S13 is that *knocks on wood* we haven't had anything catastrophic that would disrupt the writing. So I'm hopeful for a bit more of a coherent season this time.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Willowy said:

Erica largely stayed away last season, as she was busy with BB. Breen pretty much held the reins. It will be interesting to compare this season and last side by side to see how (and if) they are markedly different. 

She's also developing another FBI drama (with her own production company) that's already been sold to ABC. It remains to be seen how much time she'll have for the mothership this season, too.

Wish I need that. How'd you know that?

• Love 1

I hadn't known that, either, about Breen taking over duties last season. It makes sense now you mention it, though-trying to juggle two shows at once would be very tough, so obviously a showrunner in that situation would want to have somebody help out where possible. 

• Love 2