Type keyword(s) to search

Franchise Of Thrones: Possible Spin Offs Speculation, News and Spoilers

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Affogato said:

I disagree, though. I thought season 6 was ‘the season of the witch’—not Willow, but when all the bills came due.  Everyone mistakes caught up with them. It is the only season I rewatch regularly. 

i agree that the season was rushed. But also think people like to have expectations met in television. Everyone saw Dany being hurt by her family and saw her come out of it and they missed the signs she was becoming a monster as well. But they were there. That part wasn’t rushed. 

I think this video provides a great analysis of Dany's "descent" and why it isn't logical that she would burn all of King's Landing alive.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Brn2bwild said:

I think this video provides a great analysis of Dany's "descent" and why it isn't logical that she would burn all of King's Landing alive.

I think it is implied that she wants adulation and the adulation was not sufficient. I believe that one issue with the Targs was that the dragons minds affect humans and drive them to the psychopath end of the personality spectrum. Maybe like having a great power, say nukes, and being the one to make the decision. 

the video was fairly boring.  She did not have brilliant insights, just fairly surface snark. The show needed more depth and less night king, absolutely. Since it was ending it needed to spend more thought on history it was based on and the characters. However the story wasn’t the triumph of the good queen Danaerys, she was a microcism of Targ failure and I think the point was the kingdoms needed something different v

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Affogato said:

I think it is implied that she wants adulation and the adulation was not sufficient. I believe that one issue with the Targs was that the dragons minds affect humans and drive them to the psychopath end of the personality spectrum. Maybe like having a great power, say nukes, and being the one to make the decision. 

the video was fairly boring.  She did not have brilliant insights, just fairly surface snark. The show needed more depth and less night king, absolutely. Since it was ending it needed to spend more thought on history it was based on and the characters. However the story wasn’t the triumph of the good queen Danaerys, she was a microcism of Targ failure and I think the point was the kingdoms needed something different v

We'll agree to disagree.  I thought the ending was trash and poorly built up to.  Omniscient, emotionless "Bran" (because it's implied the real Bran was absorbed into a Borg-like consciousness) would make a far scarier ruler than any Targaryen.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Brn2bwild said:

We'll agree to disagree.  I thought the ending was trash and poorly built up to.  Omniscient, emotionless "Bran" (because it's implied the real Bran was absorbed into a Borg-like consciousness) would make a far scarier ruler than any Targaryen.

Well yes they kind of pulled Bran out of their rear end. He needed mire involvement and personality in the latter seasons.  That had less build up than Dany to me. I don’t know about scarier but we were not told he wouldn’t be, really. Kind of a natural computer AI?  As a small folk he may have been better, though. Less sudden fits of rage. 

• Like 1

the show runners/writers have difficulty creating a good cohesive story without source material.  S8 was indicative at that.  they knew how it was supposed to end, but they had no idea how to get there since GRRM hadn't written it.

• Like 2
On 4/13/2024 at 12:07 PM, Brn2bwild said:

I thought it was perfectly logical because her default when anyone opposed her was pretty much "Burn them all".  She was her father's daughter and started showing it in Season 2.

On 4/13/2024 at 4:38 PM, Affogato said:

However the story wasn’t the triumph of the good queen Danaerys, she was a microcism of Targ failure and I think the point was the kingdoms needed something different v

Exactly.

On 4/14/2024 at 6:23 AM, Affogato said:

He needed mire involvement and personality in the latter seasons.  That had less build up than Dany to me.

That I fully agree with, but I think the notion of a king who can see the mistakes of the past (literally) and not repeat them is pretty appealing.  Doesn't mean it would work out, but it has a certain logic to it.  I just wish they'd had Tyrion use that as the reason Bran should be king instead of the "who has the best story" nonsense.  Although it's possible not everyone gathered knew about that ability.

3 hours ago, Hanahope said:

but they had no idea how to get there since GRRM hadn't written it.

Honestly, I don't think GRRM knows how to get there either.

• Like 3
On 4/15/2024 at 2:55 PM, Hanahope said:

the show runners/writers have difficulty creating a good cohesive story without source material.  S8 was indicative at that.  they knew how it was supposed to end, but they had no idea how to get there since GRRM hadn't written it.

They talked to him about it and kept some main points.

I think the problem was that they got over it and wanted to wrap it up quickly, instead of delving deeper into character motivations.

It's the general problem of media today - people get hyped up for something and then get quickly bored of it. It seems it's not just viewers, but also producers.

• Like 1

Making 8 seasons of big budget show in over a decade is not being quickly bored of it. 

I think the part of fan base is entitled and unreasonable. 

• Applause 3