Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E21: Beta

"what is  your real name?"  "Elspeth Tascioni"   

That's all I've got because my house got extremely dusty at the moment Finch gave himself up and it hasn't cleared up yet.

If Decima harms Finch in any way shape or form or allows any harm -- I will personally rip out over single wire it has, then tie them into a big old knot and throw them into a volcano.

• Love 7

Aww poor Finch. :( But i suspect the Machine will figure out a way to save its daddy. It better.

And i *knew* Root wouldn't be able to resist stealing some of the equipment. Heh.

Speaking from experience, the Grace knows a lie thing was totally spot on.  It's not that alcholics bald faced lie to you; although I'm sure they may.  It's that they lie to you by saying, "everything's fine," "no, I'm not upset...."  and on and on and on.  So, either you figure out someone's lying or you go crazy with the fact that you KNOW those things are not true and what's wrong with you?  That's very common with children of alcoholics.  Surprised someone knew that scenario well enough to write it into the backstory.

Sad episode.  I miss Carter.  I'm sure the team will surpass expectations - but I was really pissed at Harold cutting communication with his two guardian angels!

And - I hope it's THIS year that the rescue comes.  Blech on waiting half a year for a joyous reunion.

• Love 2

Speaking from experience, the Grace knows a lie thing was totally spot on.  It's not that alcholics bald faced lie to you; although I'm sure they may.  It's that they lie to you by saying, "everything's fine," "no, I'm not upset...."  and on and on and on.  So, either you figure out someone's lying or you go crazy with the fact that you KNOW those things are not true and what's wrong with you?  That's very common with children of alcoholics.  Surprised someone knew that scenario well enough to write it into the backstory.

I also like to think that while Harold hid a lot from her, everything he did tell her (especially about what he feels) was true.

I have a feeling the Decima storyline will be wrapped up this year, although I'm sure something (say, the fate of the Machine or Finch) will be left hanging.

I kind of wish Root and the Machine had managed to sic Decima and whatchamacallit, the privacy terrorist group, on each other.  I'd like to see them take each other out.

For all the shouting I did at Root, for acting as if she was Finch, throwing out orders, which made me want to snatch her bald and just knee cap her ass.

That said, I really, really enjoyed this episode. Not as much as "4C" but I did enjoy it. Loved the scene with that fake agent Mayfield, and how Fusco took him into the interrogation room where Grace was supposed to be waiting only to have my Bats, er, I mean Reese, waiting in the corner instead! And the way Fusco winced as Mayfield got the beatdown.

Caviezel just looked so so good, and his eyes spoke volumes in the few piddly scenes he and Emerson had.

All I know is, there just better be MORE Reese next season. Have his stuntman do all his fucking stunts if needed.  That is all.

But that had to be the poorest excuse of a blindfold on Grace. I was totally expecting her to say...."Harold?" when Finch steadied her as she stumbled on the bridge, in a cheesy romance novel/soap opera way. So glad it didn't happen. Finch just broke my heart last night.

Root, Greer, and the Vigilance dude better just die in the season finale. So sick of them all.

I kind of wish Root and the Machine had managed to sic Decima and whatchamacallit, the privacy terrorist group, on each other.  I'd like to see them take each other out.

When they arrested the "terrorist", I kinda wanted the guy to be an innocent, set up by the Machine. The gods may play from the same deck, but I kinda wanted the Machine to stack the deck and mess with Decima.

• Love 3

Wow, this episode was brilliant! I thought Grace was going to find out that Harold's alive, but it's better that way. They can't be together, so it would be like reopen an old injury. 

I love the gang working together, although I can't understand why Reese and Shaw didn't start to shoot the bad guys the moment Fusco left with Grace. Their aim is amazing and it isn't as if the bad guys were going to kill Harold. 

One question: if they destroyed the computers the tech guy was using and Root's stolen those generators, what and where is Samaritan?

When they were trying to figure out how long it takes to get to the shipping port, in my mind, I thought "it depends on if you have a rowboat full of cabbages". That sucker travels really fast.

• Love 1
(edited)

Liked that "Det. Stills"(Reese), and Det. Shaw took out the cab driver to save Grace M. Hendricks(plays Lawyer Elsbeth Tascioni on The Good Wife).

Funny at the precinct to have Root give Fusco a list of supplies she needed. He replied, "Is that all coco-puffs?" Then later she wanted his phone and an unmarked Police car,Fusco replied,"Better not be calling China!" I believe Fusco will fall for either Root or Shaw. They both like to call him Lionel. My pick would be Shaw, I think that Root is more using him to help HER cause. With all the cameras in the precinct house, is that to protect everyone? Or is it to stop a potential return of HR?
Greer's men had a lot of firepower when they were getting ready to raid the precinct.
When Zackery's Tahoe hit the Crown Vic that the team was in, it didn't seem to have any front end damage when he took off with Grace. Was funny when Zackery's team found the homeless guy in Fusco's car. Looks like Reese and Zackery will have a show down!

I believe Root helped just enough. She had a chance on the ship with all the dead sailors and again with the empty warehouse explosion(hope there were no vagrants in it) to plant Greer evidence. I also thought that at the bridge swap of Harold and Grace(nice to have her blindfold on) that Fusco could have had PD come up behind Zackery's Decima team or even have the team open fire when Grace was in safety and have Harold fall down. I knew she would stumble by Harold, and he helped her, but I figured she would see him. But I bet eventually he will come out to her. She was going to Italy. But what about her parents? Will they be safe? Greer seemed to be treating Finch better then Control treated Root. Greer told Harold,"After all, you've been a very hard man to find!". Must be he needs his knowledge and not just to eliminate him....yet!

I figured that Root would do something with the 7 Computer Servers. That should help beef up The Machine.

So Virgil, John Greer's I,T, after Reese and Shaw snagged him in the warehouse, Reese saying," Somebody call tech support?", Shaw quipped, "Geek Squad captures performance", or something like that. But then Greer Said that Virgil was already dead. Virgil ate a cyanide pill.Then the guys that were with Vigilance and ate those pills, maybe they were actually Decima?? Or was some Russian mob or something associated with this???

Edited by webruce

But then Greer Said that Virgil was already dead. Virgil ate a scienide pill.Then the guys that were with Vigilance and ate those pills, maybe they were actually Decima?? Or was some Russian mob or something associated with this???

I don't think he took a cyanide pill; rather I think he shot himself in the chest with Reese's gun. 

• Love 1

I don't think he took a cyanide pill; rather I think he shot himself in the chest with Reese's gun. 

Yep. He grabbed the gun Reese held against him, pulled it against his chest and killed himself. No cyanide pill there.

• Love 2

Not ashamed to admit that I was crying.  I want a man just like Harold in my life!  (Of course, if he looked like Reese, I'd be ecstatic!)

Not surprised that Decima went after Grace -- was waiting for this to happen since we learned that she existed.  The writers did an excellent job with the plot.

Yep. He grabbed the gun Reese held against him, pulled it against his chest and killed himself. No cyanide pill there.

What is it wilth the Decima people and killing theirself/get killed?

What is it wilth the Decima people and killing theirself/get killed?

This is pretty common in fiction with minions, they are willing to die to accomplish whatever goal the boss wants or to avoid capture and interrogation, either out of a ridiculous amount of loyalty or because they are so scared of what their boss will do to them if they don't death looks preferable.

[T]hey are willing to die to accomplish whatever goal the boss wants or to avoid capture and interrogation, either out of a ridiculous amount of loyalty or because they are so scared of what their boss will do to them if they don't death looks preferable.

The concept of being more afraid of your own side than you are of the other side is what has kept armies going for practically since there have been armies.  It was particularly true in WWII.  My late husband's father would tell stories of being surrendered to b/c the German soldiers would prefer the US POW camps to anything that their superiors would do to them.

The concept of being more afraid of your own side than you are of the other side is what has kept armies going for practically since there have been armies.  It was particularly true in WWII.  My late husband's father would tell stories of being surrendered to b/c the German soldiers would prefer the US POW camps to anything that their superiors would do to them.

Yeah, but that's because in most cases they were safer in the hands of their enemies even ratting them out then they were retreating and going back to their bosses because their bosses had no real ability to go after them. With such a well funded and connected organization like Decima it wouldn't really matter where their minions went to escape or were held if they turned or captured, at least not for long, as they could find and recapture or kill them just about anywhere, especially once Samaritan actually comes online for real.

I believe Fusco will fall for either Root or Shaw. They both like to call him Lionel. My pick would be Shaw, I think that Root is more using him to help HER cause.

Also, Root is always hitting on Shaw so she might not drive stick shift. Either one of them are waaaay out of Fusco's league, though.

I feel like Root flirts, or at least has mad chemistry with, everybody.

At any rate, yeah, Fusco would have a long way to go to compete with Nestor Carbonell for Shaw's affections, haha.