Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Whoever Fights Monsters

Harlee and Wozniak lead a manhunt for the gunmen who ambushed the crew and unearth the key to taking down Bianchi. The crew bands together against the threat of Verco who has finally obtained evidence of their corruption. Stahl, suspended from the FBI, goes rogue to complete his quest to link Harlee to Miguel's death.

Woz is losing it -- but is it totally wrong that I loved him taking the dog out of the apartment....after he just murdered two people.  The kiss on the dog's head was just primo.

Liotta is just killing it this season.  (No pun intended -- seriously...he deserves an Emmy nod...but when you can sell heavy drama and psychotic rage as believable...you are doing something right.)

Stahl on indefinite suspension?  Oy vey....someone is gonna go off the rails!

• Love 18
(edited)

I died laughing when I saw him leave the apt. with that dog and then kiss it. Especially since, I previously posted that I wish he would take it. I think that's a Jack Russell, they're supposed to be very smart dogs.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 8

That whole last scene was just excellent. Russian Roulette may be an overused plot device but it's a great vehicle for tension. And the last bit, with the girlfriend writing down the information and the creeping sense of dread that you just know Woz is gonna kill her anyway...then Harlee walking out of the apartment, the gun going off, and Woz coming out with the dog? Great stuff.

Every week I think to myself, "Ok, this time Stahl has officially lost it" and each week I am proved wrong because nope, there's still a lot left in this downward spiral of his! Loved watching him creep through Harlee's apartment and then stop and listen to Harlee and Nava have sex because of course he would! And it looks like next week he kidnaps Cristina? Although that might be misdirection and it could be Bianchi.

• Love 7
(edited)

And the body count rises.

If everyone takes care of their problems the way Woz and crew are doing it, there may not be many people left in the city.

I loved Stahl creepily breaking in to steal hair from a hair brush, like he's the freaking tooth fairy. He is in a way because he got Miguel's tooth.

This is the Jennifer Lopez show and she's doing a really good job, but the actors playing Woz and Stahl are killing it. Just great committed acting.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 13

This was a great episode and cleared up problems I had last time: Stahl found that tooth by accident, seeing the white in the dirt he shoveled out. And he was obviously exhausted after digging up that grave, I give the show props for making Stahl look and act like he really did just dig up a grave enough to open it. Ugh, he got to see Sap. And hilarious that Miguel was gone. Well, almost all gone anyway. LOL at the police asking Harlee if she was moving a body when he saw the tarp and shovel inside the trunk. Harlee is so cool with her replies. The Russian Roulette scene was more dramatic than any other I've seen. Loved that Woz sent the dog out of the room since the dog "gets upset at violence." Now Woz has two dogs. Stahl creeping into Harlee's apartment was pretty far-fetched, although I guess he knew Cristina's hair was in her brush since it was sitting right in front of his spy computer. Which means he's also creeper spying on Cristina in her bedroom. Gah. Harlee and Nava are great together. And LOL at Harlee saying she kicked the car "like a cartoon character" when they kissed while the bad guy was duct taped inside the car trunk. Great episode. I'm glad to see the team coming back together, although I do feel sorry for the boy's mom who doesn't want to be a CI. People in her neighborhood don't always get a choice as to whether they live or die. And Stahl is really rocking this show as a deranged mad man. Bravo on his boss canning him, though. That doesn't always happen IRL.

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

This was a great episode and cleared up problems I had last time: Stahl found that tooth by accident, seeing the white in the dirt he shoveled out. And he was obviously exhausted after digging up that grave, I give the show props for making Stahl look and act like he really did just dig up a grave enough to open it. Ugh, he got to see Sap. And hilarious that Miguel was gone. Well, almost all gone anyway. LOL at the police asking Harlee if she was moving a body when he saw the tarp and shovel inside the trunk. Harlee is so cool with her replies. The Russian Roulette scene was more dramatic than any other I've seen. Loved that Woz sent the dog out of the room since the dog "gets upset at violence." Now Woz has two dogs. Stahl creeping into Harlee's apartment was pretty far-fetched, although I guess he knew Cristina's hair was in her brush since it was sitting right in front of his spy computer. Which means he's also creeper spying on Cristina in her bedroom. Gah. Harlee and Nava are great together. And LOL at Harlee saying she kicked the car "like a cartoon character" when they kissed while the bad guy was duct taped inside the car trunk. Great episode. I'm glad to see the team coming back together, although I do feel sorry for the boy's mom who doesn't want to be a CI. People in her neighborhood don't always get a choice as to whether they live or die. And Stahl is really rocking this show as a deranged mad man. Bravo on his boss canning him, though. That doesn't always happen IRL.

I can't believe this is the first time I'm saying this about the show, but this episode got DARK. The scene with Woz in the apartment was all kinds of awesome...and terrible. Glad he didn't let the dog see his owner get shot and didn't leave him in the apartment. 

What the heck kind of security does Harlee have on her apt? I guess none. Isn't this the 2nd time Stahl has broken in? And Miguel broke in, too. 

And why does Tufo still get to hang around the station? Maybe his resignation isn't official yet. 

• Love 4

I loved Woz keeping the dog. And giving it a kiss. It made me happy, haha.

Stahl is beyond creepy. I don't know how he ever became a Fed given how psychotic he is. Don't they test people for these things?

Great episode, how many more are left?

• Love 6

Does indefinite suspension mean that he's fired?  Why not just say that?

Harlee, I can understand you wanting to get your freak on - especially with Sex on A Stick Nava. But when you hear a noise inside your apartment the same day that someone took a shot at you, investigate. Especially when your daughter is home.

Woz is cray cray in a good way.  Loving it.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, mochamajesty said:

Harlee, I can understand you wanting to get your freak on - especially with Sex on A Stick Nava. But when you hear a noise inside your apartment the same day that someone took a shot at you, investigate. Especially when your daughter is home

I agree, but that love scene was kinda worth it. Hard to believe that Harlee is played by 47-year-old mom Jennifer Lopez. Or that Gino Anthony Pesi is 11 years her junior. Art imitating life, I suppose. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Love this show, but I have one tiny bone to pick with this episode.

Stahl finds the tooth in the dirt in the dark.  Sure.  Right.  But not only does he find it but it's fully intact, perfectly shaped, fully clean tooth.  If memory serves, Hayley took a shovel to Miguel's face, to destroy his teeth, to make sure no one could identify him by dental records.  So i'm supposed to beleive that one tooth would have removed itself from Miguel's mouth, perfectly intact?  Not broken?  Not covered in blood and tissue?  Not even any fillings or anything.   Perfectly text book tooth, right there on top of the soil?   Sure.  Right.  

The rest was fantastic as always.  Emmy nods to Ray Liotta, Warren Kohl and Jennifer Lopez.  Kudos to the mother of the kid/informant.  

I so want someone, anyone to punch the IA guy in the face, which I also know shouldn't be the reaction to someone investigating a bunch of dirty cops!!

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, mochamajesty said:

Harlee, I can understand you wanting to get your freak on - especially with Sex on A Stick Nava. But when you hear a noise inside your apartment the same day that someone took a shot at you, investigate. Especially when your daughter is home.

Agree, but...if Nava was on top of me, I wouldn't investigate either.  :) 

I knew that chick wasn't going to live, and I'm glad they didn't show Woz shoot her onscreen. Yay, for him taking the dog!! 

Stalh dug up 6ft of dirt still wearing his tie!! I wonder if that was really Miguel's tooth or did Woz plant someone else's? Either way, Stahlker is a creep and a psycho! 

Nice to see Nava. Just when I think Gino Anthony Pesi can't get any more handsome, he smiles! 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, saber5055 said:

And LOL at Harlee saying she kicked the car "like a cartoon character" when they kissed while the bad guy was duct taped inside the car trunk

That was hysterical. I really like Nava, and I was afraid that Stahl was going to shoot him in the final scene. I hate rooting for the bad guys, but the show does a decent job of making their enemies even worse. But, as I said last week, I am sort of in awe at how the writers and the actor are making Stahl a serious threat. Great show all around.

• Love 1

As others have mentioned, I love Woz and his love for dogs. Making sure the little Jack Russell didn't see any violence and kissing him in the elevator was pure magic. It reminds me of Tony Soprano-that guy could kill anyone but had a soft spot for the ducks in his pool, and went completely ape shit when his horse was killed.  Love these bad boys! 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, topanga said:

I can't believe this is the first time I'm saying this about the show, but this episode got DARK. The scene with Woz in the apartment was all kinds of awesome...and terrible. Glad he didn't let the dog see his owner get shot and didn't leave him in the apartment. 

What the heck kind of security does Harlee have on her apt? I guess none. Isn't this the 2nd time Stahl has broken in? And Miguel broke in, too. 

And why does Tufo still get to hang around the station? Maybe his resignation isn't official yet. 

It really got Dark didn't expect they'd go there with th blonde girl despite the other crazy things Woz did.

I wasn't really feeling Nava/Harlee but that episode made me change my mind, the chemistry was Hot and I love how vulnerable she become around him.

i think Tufo changed his mind about resigning after the talk he had with Woz just before the shooting.

• Love 1

I do worry about the CI, and hope they haven't wrapped up that story yet. Because the guy they arrested (Quince?) will have her and her son killed unless the crew steps in and does something.

19 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I loved Woz keeping the dog. And giving it a kiss. It made me happy, haha.

Stahl is beyond creepy. I don't know how he ever became a Fed given how psychotic he is. Don't they test people for these things?

Great episode, how many more are left?

Three more left this season, but I think they're combining the last two into a two-hour finale.

18 hours ago, mochamajesty said:

Woz is cray cray in a good way.  Loving it.

Maybe his firing needs to go through someone higher up than his direct supervisor? Not sure what the rules are re: chain of command at the FBI.

11 hours ago, hookedontv said:

As others have mentioned, I love Woz and his love for dogs. Making sure the little Jack Russell didn't see any violence and kissing him in the elevator was pure magic. It reminds me of Tony Soprano-that guy could kill anyone but had a soft spot for the ducks in his pool, and went completely ape shit when his horse was killed.  Love these bad boys! 

Hah, true. And Tony loved dogs too: "You killed little Cosette! I oughta suffocate you, you little prick!"

• Love 6

Okay does anybody but me think that the handsome actor who plays Nava looks exactly like the fashion designer Tom Ford? This was one of the best episodes EVER, and the scene with the little jack russell getting kissed by Woz just killed me! Love The Woz! 

• Love 1

Hah, true. And Tony loved dogs too: "You killed little Cosette! I oughta suffocate you, you little prick!"

LOL, that intervention scene for Christopher on the Sopranos is iconic for me I could not stop laughing, when they beat his ass at the end, OMG. I was like, this is not how an intervention should be conducted.  I couldn't believe he sat on that dog, but then yeah, I could believe it. But it's something with these bad guy thugs and their love for animals.

• Love 1

Nava sighting! Though I'd prefer to see him completely shirtless. On the other hand, he can wear a suit quite well. 

The assassin in the suit's line delivery when Woz/Harlee asked him where Bianchi was had me rolling: "Where's Bianchi?" "You just told us, the United States." "Narrow it down." "...of America" The man had no fucks to give!   

I don't know what Stahl hopes to prove with Cristina's DNA.  Even if it's close match, it doesn't prove Miguel's dead. 

Overall, only people I feel for are Woz's wife, son, Cristina, and that poor CI.  Woz and his crew's twisted sense of justice always rang hollow to me because turning a blind eye to certain crime, even if children aren't directly involved, still puts the vulnerable at risk, which, hello, includes children.  I was hoping the CI would bounce since these fools clearly can't protect her. Glad that the IA guy called Woz out.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

I don't know what Stahl hopes to prove with Cristina's DNA.  Even if it's close match, it doesn't prove Miguel's dead. 

My thought was the he was going to plant it somewhere to implicate her for something, thereby forcing  Woz and/or Harlee to confess  and vindicate him.

• Love 1

I like that Stahl has a method to his madness. In his own twisted FBI ways. I thought for sure he would be completely unhinged (even more so than usual) by harming Harlee or Cristina physically since he had nothing left to lose. Instead he just broke in to steal DNA. Even when he is creeping, he's still such a detective, gathering "evidence".

I thought that assassin was hilarious as well. And he is smart enough not to give any info away because they would have killed him anyway. 

• Love 4