Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: Nancy's Choice

• Start Topic

I had totally forgotten about Donna already being salty with Coke!Kelly at this juncture in the storyline, that was a rather delightful surprise!

Thank gawd for Coke!Kelly because the C and A plots were both horren.  At least Ginger's back next time!

Edited by TeeVee329

Ooooh Brandon, Steve and Jonathan....Oh boy. I mean Brandon did get a lot better at the end but geez. All the guys were bad except for David who basically didn't believe Kellys bullshit and been working out I guess? 

Also to be fair on Kelly. When I was in college they did do attendance. In some classes at least.

Lol Colin and talent.

The episode was really cringy. Bring on Ginger. 

Edited by SoupThrower
  • Love 1

For such a heralded newspaper man, Brandon's investigative journalism skills suck. How would he not have figured out that Susan was Nancy and this is why she and Johnathon have their weird bond. Also, this all happened a year ago, and she already wrote this very personal story and considers the case closed and they have already handed out awards for writing about such things? They should have put some more time between the incident and her winning an award for writing about it.

• Love 1

I like when Donna gets to be like this - just like when she told both Brenda and Kelly off about the Dylan thing or Kelly and Favid about the funeral. Why oh why is she so unbearable 99,9 % of the time...

I get that abortion was and is a more sensitive subject that in my part of the world, but it would have been nice if an abortion storyline could be less about stupid Jesse or stupid Jonathan being assholes and more about Andrea or Susan making a tough decision which was right for them at the time. At least the show doesn't make it all about Brandon's hurt feelings - ALMOST as soon as he gets what has happened he turns in to an okay boyfriend who actually is sensitive and asks if he can help. (Of course he only does that because he no longer feels threathened by Jonathan so now he can afford to act like a decent person.) 

• Love 3

Actually Donna annoyed me in the Brenda Dylan Kelly triangle .. Kelly was clearly wrong in the situation .. why should Brenda act as if nothing happened between her best friend  and boyfriend . In fact nobody seemed to be phased by it hurting Brenda 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Actually Donna annoyed me in the Brenda Dylan Kelly triangle .. Kelly was clearly wrong in the situation .. why should Brenda act as if nothing happened between her best friend  and boyfriend . In fact nobody seemed to be phased by it hurting Brenda 

I will agree with you about this forever. The overriding attitude towards her was "Can't we just act like adults about this? You cheated too, and it was a long time ago." Um NOPE. They aren't adults. They are teenagers. And Brenda's boyfriend cheating on her with her best friend is way worse than Brenda's dumb trip to Paris and kissing a stranger while pretending to be someone else. Plus they lied about it for months, with no evidence of remorse. And David knew! David always had the best real-time gossip on these people, and he knew how to play it cool.

• Love 4

There's something about Colin's face that is like smoothed-out putty or something... as if he were the same alien race as Odo from Deep Space Nine... like he devolves into goo and sleeps in a bucket.

Kathleen Robertson, even in Sexxay Grimace Cosplay, is just gorgeous. And Val continues to be much better than the confusing mess of contradictory impulses the writers throw together for her.

"IKEA rug of art". Exactly.

The whole trans storyline is just ... bleeergh. I wish I could say we've come a long way in 20 years -- and I suppose we have in some aspects -- but it's so fascinating to see how things like this were mined for "laffs" then.

• Love 4

It's a really small moment, but one of the most irritating parts of this episode is when Jonathan is holding court in the paper office and Brandon and Susan walk in, before they spot him and they're wondering why everyone is crowded together and not working, Brandon says, "Didn't we give them their assignments already?"

"WE"?? What is this "we"? You're not an editor, Brandon!

There's something so creepy and uncomfortable about the way Susan cowers around both Brandon and Jonathan like an abuse victim. She does it constantly with the both of them, but it's especially prominent in this episode. Describing Jonathan as her mentor whose approval she needed (when they were in a relationship) was weird, but then wilting under Brandon's anger when she's forced to admit that Jonathan's approval is still important to her is somehow even weirder. 

• Love 4
On 4/16/2017 at 2:07 AM, atlanticslide said:

There's something so creepy and uncomfortable about the way Susan cowers around both Brandon and Jonathan like an abuse victim. She does it constantly with the both of them, but it's especially prominent in this episode. Describing Jonathan as her mentor whose approval she needed (when they were in a relationship) was weird, but then wilting under Brandon's anger when she's forced to admit that Jonathan's approval is still important to her is somehow even weirder. 

THIS. Not that it would be any less creepy, but the way Susan talks about Jonathan - she acts like she was some 19 year old rube who was in love with a 45 year old superstar journalist. It's weird because they're essentially peers. I mean, what is he, 2 years older than her? And unless his parents own Conde Nast I do not believe for a moment that some newbie kid out of college would get all these plum af feature writing assignments - who cares if he was editor of the college paper? And then yea, acting like that around Brandon. WTF. She acts like one of them is going to smack her at any second (and Brandon does sometimes act like that). It's weird, to say the least.

On 4/14/2017 at 11:50 PM, profreader said:

There's something about Colin's face that is like smoothed-out putty or something... as if he were the same alien race as Odo from Deep Space Nine... like he devolves into goo and sleeps in a bucket.

OMG! *dying* ... perfect description. I know Colin is supposed to be all Hottie McHottster, but I just don't see it. And maybe that's why. He has such a bland face IMHO.

On 4/14/2017 at 11:50 PM, profreader said:

The whole trans storyline is just ... bleeergh. I wish I could say we've come a long way in 20 years -- and I suppose we have in some aspects -- but it's so fascinating to see how things like this were mined for "laffs" then.

What's also annoying is how poor Elle had to back off going after Arnold Arnold (really show?) in service of the heteronormative relationship ("I'm in love with his daughter! Please don't date him!") Arnold was a world traveler presumably open minded, he might've fallen in love with her. Who knows? 

• Love 2