Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Lupe & Ashley D LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Lupe should have taken some of that chicken grease and given Gilbert a hand job with it since he says he was cheating from lack of sex. LMAO 

.... edited to say hope that's wasn't too racy for Anchorabu's mom. ;)

Edited 7 minutes ago by Armchair Critic.

Haha! She's Sicilian she can handle it! ?

• Love 5

Re:  Lupe & bed pan.  She could also use a bedside commode.  It was a God send when I broke my leg.

Oh no, now it's going to be Lupe & "mah hip."  (Ha ha, spell check typed out Hippo instead of hip)

• Love 7

Lupe, darling. Don't care how much 1990s clown make up you're wearing, I CAN STILL SEE THE YOUR BUTTOCKS CHIN! 

1 minute ago, 55Unicorns said:

..and the "traced on" lips...is that the style now?

If by "now" you mean, "1993," yes.

Nice to see y'all!  Hi Mom!!

Apparently, once you hit 500+ pounds, all modesty and shame go out the window.

Lord, the makeup on Lupe. Gilbert may be an a-hole cheater, but he gets credit for all the wiping, bathing, moving, and I guess he does everything in the house.  The fact that he feels romantic after all that is amazing.  

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Why can't she throw a skirt on "while exercising".  I'm soooooo tired of seeing naked fuzzed out people.

Why is she still using a bed pan???? (Well I know why)  she should be able to use combo of wheelchair & walker to get to & use bathroom. They showed her taking a few steps in hospital.

They got portable commodes. I had to use one in the ER while I was hooked up to a bunch of machines (you haven't lived until you've had to pee behind a curtain with a bunch of people on the other side). I don't know if Lupe would fit, but she's lost weight and is a bit more bendable. Maybe she would. Plus, I bet they have plus size commodes. It sure would be better to have a commode that needs emptying than to deal with a bed pan. Plus, it would get Lupe sitting up and moving.

• Love 5
Just now, Anchorabu said:

Mom regarding Lupe:

"look at her! She's not even listening to the doctor!"

"her husband looks icky"

Your mom is right. It's a tale as old as time, "Clown Face and Greaseball".

• Love 8

My favorite story was the first Melissa. She didn't have sexual relations with her husband for years but he kept cheating even after she lost weight and they were having an active sex life. I can understand Lupe's dilemma, how many husbands are you going to find who will wipe your butt for you? But I think Gilbert will probably always cheat so she should save herself and start walking instead of playing helpless to get his attention.

• Love 11
Just now, Lizz said:

Lord, the makeup on Lupe. Gilbert may be an a-hole cheater, but he gets credit for all the wiping, bathing, moving, and I guess he does everything in the house.  The fact that he feels romantic after all that is amazing.  

I'm not sure "romantic" is exactly the word for it lol . . . 

• Love 5

They do have such round faces!

It is interesting to see how different people carry their weight - some people on the show are so much more active than others (obviously multiple reasons behind that but still), or look smaller/larger based on where the weight lies.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

But she looks like a big baby, her face looks a child.

It's weird to me that she barely lost any weight in her face. 

Just now, kittyinthecity said:

They do have such round faces!

It is interesting to see how different people carry their weight - some people on the show are so much more active than others (obviously multiple reasons behind that but still), or look smaller/larger based on where the weight lies.

It's so true. I was at 331 pounds when I got my gastric sleeve done last May/2016. I carried my weight pretty equally throughout my body (I'm 5'10") and a lot of people didn't realise I was so heavy and told me I "carried it well". Today I'm 194 pounds! I have extra skin, a bit all over, but I don't think I'll need skin surgery. 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Pers said:
8 minutes ago, Anchorabu said:

"her husband looks icky"

Your mom is right. It's a tale as old as time, "Clown Face and Greaseball".

Haha!!! ???

• Love 3
Just now, 55Unicorns said:

Oh yeah...there was another one; can't remember who it was.  (But it wasn't disgusting Steven)>

This Ashley did - gave herself an ulcer by taking too much pain meds.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Pers said:

It's so true. I was at 331 pounds when I got my gastric sleeve done last May/2016. I carried my weight pretty equally throughout my body (I'm 5'10") and a lot of people didn't realise I was so heavy and told me I "carried it well". Today I'm 194 pounds! I have extra skin, a bit all over, but I don't think I'll need skin surgery. 

Now I'm cheering for YOU!!  Go !!!

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Anchorabu said:

Mom regarding Lupe:

"her husband looks icky"

Hey Mama Anchorabu and Anchorabu! How y'all doing(in Dr Now's voice)??

• Love 7

I wonder if there's a higher risk of pain med dependency in these sorts of patients - for one, it can replace the food addiction. and two, many of them seem to be dealing with depression that the pain meds can help them zone out from.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Lizz said:

Nice to see y'all!  Hi Mom!!

Apparently, once you hit 500+ pounds, all modesty and shame go out the window.

Right! Maybe he needs a place to stay!?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Pers said:

Today I'm 194 pounds! I have extra skin, a bit all over, but I don't think I'll need skin surgery. 

Good for you. I also weigh more than people would guess, I am not pear shaped my weight is evenly distributed. But watching this show definitely scares me out of letting it get too far out of control. My boyfriend, daughter, (even my mother), would tell me to get out of bed and wipe my own ass. ;) I still marvel at how people like Lupe find a husband who willingly signs up for that.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Pers said:
8 minutes ago, kittyinthecity said:

Bless you!!

Mom's making the sign of the cross for poor Ashley. ?

• Love 5
Just now, Anchorabu said:

Bless you!!

Thank you! I love all you guys on this board. I'm loving my second chance at life. I know I wasn't as heavy as the folks on this show, but I felt like I was dying. I have a lot of compassion for the people on this show that actually TRY and follow Dr. Now's advice. The Stevens and Jameses drive me nuts.

Ambulance scene - husband just said, "Ow! Mah Leyg!"

• Love 7