Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, qqererer said:

There are so many people saying 'Eat this, eat that, this often'.  So many variations of the same thing.

I didn't mean to imply that everyone should eat super frequently like I do (I know different people have different dietary/energy needs, so saying "this is what works" is extremely subjective). Just that eating once a day usually results in a massive binge, which can defeat the purpose of the meal limitation in the first place. I am definitely a firm believer in CICO, but there is no way Whitney is consuming even one meal of 2000 calories or less every day. More likely she is grazing all day long and eating at least 4000 total calories including her liquids.

35 minutes ago, Dot said:

A new pitch for the cruise from Twit on her FB page brought the inevitable Nit-Whit question: "When does the new season start?"

For the first time Twit responded "soon" with a happy face.

Oh, god help us, LOL

• Love 3

Let's not confuse actual rational talk about nutrition with anything Whitney does.

2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Just that eating once a day usually results in a massive binge, which can defeat the purpose of the meal limitation in the first place.

No, but it does satisfy one person's need to feel sickeningly full.  I'll do a massive binge, of which will include a ton of 'filler' foods, most notably cabbage, egg plant, etc, etc.  Five fist fulls of food, with 64oz of water.  All at once.  Satisfies the 'voice'.  As a result, stomach still shrinking.  My old favourite place I could buffet 5 plates of food.  Now it's only 3.  And that's forcing myself to eat.

But that also came with learning to eat better/natural.  ie.  Skim milk, especially powdered milk is bad, because no fat, and highly oxidized.  Whole milk tastes better, the fat helps the absorbtion of vitamins and minerals, and at the proper amounts (not the same as drinking skim and eating cheese), and is more filling than skim alone.  Sure skim has only 90cal and whole has 150, but I stop at one with whole, and drink 3 of skim and am still 'hungry'

4 hours ago, Dot said:

A new pitch for the cruise from Twit on her FB page brought the inevitable Nit-Whit question: "When does the new season start?"

For the first time Twit responded "soon" with a happy face.

I have very mixed emotions at this information! On the one hand - more Whitney. :-(  On the other hand - more Whitney! :-D

• Love 5
17 hours ago, qqererer said:

There are so many people saying 'Eat this, eat that, this often'.  So many variations of the same thing.

I myself eat maybe twice a day. within a 6 hour period, probably 2000cal and am maintaining just fine.  No hunger, except for proximity eating, and boredom eating, which I avoid with food that needs to be cooked to eat, and foods in the house that are generally not processed.  It's basically intermittent fasting. Metabolism perfectly fine.  If anything, I'm forcing my body to learn how to store energy, and burn fat.  And guess what, fat is not as good as a fuel, it's slower.  So IMO, a slower/ruined metabolism is one that doesn't know how to run on various fuels.  Nothing is destoryed, because it can always be retrained.

Some people eat only healthy foods, some people eat crappy foods.  You know what?  Eating clean/unrefined food is only hard because we have a choice.  You don't see people in 3rd world countries with 1st world cravings, because those foods simply just aren't there. They just get on with life.  Sorry, junk food is penetrating everywhere.

They're all variations on how to manage hunger and emotions.  That is it. Nothing else. Just those two things.

There is only ONE thing that manages actual weight loss.  It's calories in, calories out.  I've never seen a concentration camp survivor come out fatter because their body went into 'starvaton mode'.

This! I've been using this analogy for years, with any starvation situation. Though you throw Whitney in a plane crash in the Andes, she'd have eaten everyone within the first week. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Though you throw Whitney in a plane crash in the Andes, she'd have eaten everyone within the first week. 

LOLOL, it'd be like that South Park episode where the townspeople are trapped in a building during a blizzard and they start drawing straws to see who'll get eaten...after only a couple of hours. "Hurry up, my stomach is growling!"

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

This! I've been using this analogy for years, with any starvation situation. Though you throw Whitney in a plane crash in the Andes, she'd have eaten everyone within the first week. 

In the musical "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat," there's a scene where the 11 brothers are discussing how they are starving because of the famine in Canaan.  In one memorable line from the song, "No one comes to dinner now . . . We'd only eat them anyhow."  (Sung to a tango rhythm.  It's hysterical.)

• Love 9

I was googling for something else & came across this 2015 People mag interview. Unbelievable what she said then & what she says now. What a hypocrite.

And, TLC, again I warn you that you'd better corral her NoBS campaign. You'll be looking at a lawsuit from some mother who's lost a daughter cuz Twit told her fans to ignore their doctors. (That is, if a sexual harrassment law suit doesn't happen first.)

BTW, Twit sez she never reads negative comments. (Are you lurking here today, Twit?)

http://people.com/tv/my-big-fat-fabulous-life-star-whitney-thore-im-not-promoting-obesity/

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dot said:

I was googling for something else & came across this 2015 People mag interview. Unbelievable what she said then & what she says now. What a hypocrite.

And, TLC, again I warn you that you'd better corral her NoBS campaign. You'll be looking at a lawsuit from some mother who's lost a daughter cuz Twit told her fans to ignore their doctors. (That is, if a sexual harrassment law suit doesn't happen first.)

BTW, Twit sez she never reads negative comments. (Are you lurking here today, Twit?)

http://people.com/tv/my-big-fat-fabulous-life-star-whitney-thore-im-not-promoting-obesity/

I tried but stopped reading after she said "No. I am totally about personal responsibility....".   I will say however heavily photoshopped it may be I thought she looked nice in the picture.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Dot said:

See, that's the Whitney I once liked. But was that who she truly was, or a cover-up for what she is now? Or did "fame" change her, as it changes many once-nice celebrities? 

16 hours ago, Dot said:

Legal at TLC is smart enough to give Twit a script and editors a directive that scrubs "People shouldn't" and replaces it with "I believe"

47 minutes ago, qqererer said:

Legal at TLC is smart enough to give Twit a script and editors a directive that scrubs "People shouldn't" and replaces it with "I believe"

Not gonna matter. It's TLC -- with the deep pockets -- which is giving Twit the platform to espouse her beliefs.

Is it appropriate to post a death notice on your FB page? That's an honest question from me; I really don't know what's pro forma for Facebook posts. It seems crass to me, but maybe that's just my age showing. To me, it seems the appropriate response to the death of someone you know is to quietly send a condolence card to their family.

I ask this because Twit just posted an RIP to a young Greensboro woman who died in a horrific auto crash. Of course, all the Nit-Whits are responding to comfort Twit for her loss. I mean, really? Again, maybe I'm just not social media conversant enough to understand this. But, frankly, I find it kind of sickening that Twit is putting herself in the middle of a sensational news story that seems to have no relevance to her other than it's a small town so she knew the woman from high school days.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Dot said:

Is it appropriate to post a death notice on your FB page? That's an honest question from me; I really don't know what's pro forma for Facebook posts. It seems crass to me, but maybe that's just my age showing. To me, it seems the appropriate response to the death of someone you know is to quietly send a condolence card to their family.

I ask this because Twit just posted an RIP to a young Greensboro woman who died in a horrific auto crash. Of course, all the Nit-Whits are responding to comfort Twit for her loss. I mean, really? Again, maybe I'm just not social media conversant enough to understand this. But, frankly, I find it kind of sickening that Twit is putting herself in the middle of a sensational news story that seems to have no relevance to her other than it's a small town so she knew the woman from high school days.

I probably wouldn’t think it were weird, if Whitney weren’t on tv, because presumably she would personally know most of the people on her page, who in turn, could presumably know the victim.  I personally wouldn’t post it, but if I saw it, probably wouldn’t think anything of it either way.  People post all sorts of things that shouldn’t  be on social media, dirty laundry so to speak so at least this isn’t that.  The part that makes it weird is that I would guess most of Whitney’s ‘friends’ on Facebook are not actually friends, but just people that watch the show, so the posting imo then turns from maybe a tribute to the woman that died/ or sharing memories of the deceased with real  friends, into a pity party for Whitney.  The only way maybe it makes sense would be if the lady who died was a member of her page or such a close friend Whitney isn’t really thinking straight and going on raw emotion. Just my opinion but what do I know I only posted pics of dogs when I had social media.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 2

Where I think it gets weird is when the Nit-Whits make it all about Whitney. Like "I'm so sorry for ur loss Whitney!!!! I LOVE you!!!!" with no mention of the fact that a woman is fuckin' dead. A woman who had closer friends and probably family members too. Of course, by posting "she was an old friend, RIP" and all that, Whitney is inviting a pity party for herself, even though who knows if Whitney had even seen this chick since high school.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I probably wouldn’t think it were weird, if Whitney weren’t on tv, because presumably she would personally know most of the people on her page, who in turn, could presumably know the victim....  

The part that makes it weird is that I would guess most of Whitney’s ‘friends’ on Facebook are not actually friends, but just people that watch the show,...

You expressed it better than I. That's the point I was trying to make about where my discomfort lies. Twit's rabid fans are all over the globe, not just in Greensboro. Why would Twit post this "tribute" except, as @Nancypants puts it, "it's all about HER." 

I find it contemptible that Twit is so self-absorbed & greedy for any publicity that she would use a young woman's death this way.

A pox on you, Twit.

• Love 4

If it was someone I know, I'd pass it on, or comment.  My work alumni page often has obituaries, and I noted today that a friend's husband had died.
Too, this is how notice of service is passed on.
I'm at the age when friends die, rather than have babies.
And if someone famous that you're a fan of, remember fondly, you might post that too.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, auntjess said:

If it was someone I know, I'd pass it on, or comment.  My work alumni page often has obituaries, and I noted today that a friend's husband had died.
Too, this is how notice of service is passed on.
I'm at the age when friends die, rather than have babies.
And if someone famous that you're a fan of, remember fondly, you might post that too.

Yeah, I have something similar in that one of my former h.s. classmates has become a kind of Class of '56 chronicler. He keeps us up with news & obituaries. But he's sending his emails to the 1956 TJHS graduating class, NOT across the globe.

• Love 2

I think the thing should be to only post announcements that you're directly involved with and not to 'retweet'.  I think that it's in extremely poor taste.

So that means I'm completely fine if twit says nothing about world events.  No op eds.  Nothing.  I don't want to hear anything she has to say about any natural disaster or mass killing.  I don't want to hear anyone's opinion actually, or anyone's proclamations of how they feelsbads about/praying for whatever.

If they want to comment about something, then go to THAT persons page/post/whatever and say it there.

Doing it on one's own channels is doing it strictly for affirmation from others, and to game the algorithm echo chamber.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, qqererer said:

So that means I'm completely fine if twit says nothing about world events.  No op eds.  Nothing.  I don't want to hear anything she has to say about any natural disaster or mass killing.  I don't want to hear anyone's opinion actually, or anyone's proclamations of how they feelsbads about/praying for whatever.

You must not be on Facebook.  I share news and views with my friends, whatever keeps you sane.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Nancypants said:

I'm trying really hard to understand why another person's tragedy is ALL ABOUT WHITNEY. 

Help me out.

NOBODYSHAMEATSEALASTCHANCE

sosadmyfriendisdead

NOBODYSHAME75%OFFCLEARANCEITMES

posting condolences on what clearly is a commercial site is in poor taste.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, qqererer said:

I think the thing should be to only post announcements that you're directly involved with and not to 'retweet'.  I think that it's in extremely poor taste.

If they want to comment about something, then go to THAT persons page/post/whatever and say it there.

Doing it on one's own channels is doing it strictly for affirmation from others, and to game the algorithm echo chamber.

This is part of the reason I left social media last year. Now it's becoming ridiculously political and opinionated yet again. Hashtag this, hashtag that, hashtag meaningless. I'm about to go social media dark again so I don't have to see constant political stances all the time. 

Anyway. Back to twit and how much of an idiot she is. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I so want her to go to Houston, and Dr. Now.
Isn't there at least one house where you're supposed to find a spouse?  Would someone wed her for a green card, does Cody need another wife?

OH MY GOD YES!!!! Let's get her on 90-Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days!!!! THEN we can do the Dr. Now crossover. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Maggienolia said:

OH MY GOD YES!!!! Let's get her on 90-Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days!!!! THEN we can do the Dr. Now crossover. 

Even for a green card, I'm not sure many men could tolerate Twit for 90 days.

• Love 3

They're going to have to "up" the ante this year.  We've done fake boyfriend and fake lesbian relationships.  So fake group sex?  Fake relationship with married man?  We've done "Twit can't ski".  So "Twit can't ice skate"?  "Twit can't rock climb"?  We've done "Twit has to deal with Bab's health", so "Twit has to deal with her own health scare"?  Except we've done that one to death already, what with her knee deal and her passing out after dancing for 5 minutes and fake pregnancy scare.  Will we see her go back to school?  Get a real job?  Learn to clean her cats' litter box?  I'm waiting on the edge of my seat!

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

They're going to have to "up" the ante this year.  We've done fake boyfriend and fake lesbian relationships.  So fake group sex?  Fake relationship with married man?  We've done "Twit can't ski".  So "Twit can't ice skate"?  "Twit can't rock climb"?  We've done "Twit has to deal with Bab's health", so "Twit has to deal with her own health scare"?  Except we've done that one to death already, what with her knee deal and her passing out after dancing for 5 minutes and fake pregnancy scare.  Will we see her go back to school?  Get a real job?  Learn to clean her cats' litter box?  I'm waiting on the edge of my seat!

Well, we've had one hint; when she posted that Facebook picture of herself with Nada Louis. "Twit discovers the man she is dating is engaged to marry another woman - and to add insult to injury, the woman he is engaged to is even heavier than she is!"  I really wonder if TLC is going to go there, especially since I can't believe they got the boyfriend's OK. Personally, I doubt it will be anything close to the real story (and, were I Whitney and/or Nada, I would be utterly mortified if it were**)  so I guess we can look forward to an imaginary story of how Whitney met Nada?

**Even the thought of being in their shoes flip-flops for any reason made me a little nauseated.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

Loved your list! Seriously, tho, I expect another fake boyfriend story arc. She's gone over a year without one. Can she continue to fool the Nit-Whits about how fabulous & sexy she is unless she comes up with another man, even another zero like Lennie?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ocean Chick said:

I'm liking the "twit can't" route. Let's see how else they embarrass her by setting her up to fail. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I'm liking the "twit can't" route. Let's see how else they embarrass her by setting her up to fail. 

OK, this is where those of us who watch 600 Lb Life can supply the list.
The progression seems to be:  can't do job, is fired, can't drive car, can't walk without walker, can't get in car, can't shower oneself, can't get to toilet, and bed-bound.

• Love 6

Whenever we have seen Whitney do any sort of measurable athletic endeavor of significant time or distance, she has done tremendously poorly. The 5K that took over an hour and she was dry-heaving? The Barbells for Boobs competition that was basically a 10-minute circuit workout that had her and Buddy practically dead? I would personally LOVE to see Whitney do a Tough Mudder or a sprint triathlon. Can you even imagine?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

The progression seems to be:  can't do job, is fired, can't drive car, can't walk without walker, can't get in car, can't shower oneself, can't get to toilet, and bed-bound.

If we go this route, does that mean Donna comes out of the shadows and becomes Twit's full-time care-taker/enabler?  Do we see her bringing Twit multiple pizzas, fried chicken and "fraaaaaayyyyd rice"?  Do we watch as Donna calls Buddy to come help give Twit her sponge bath?  Watch Donna wipe Twit's butt?  Do we get to hear Twit scream, "Owwwww, maaaaaayyyyy laggggg"?

I can't wait!  LOL

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

Whenever we have seen Whitney do any sort of measurable athletic endeavor of significant time or distance, she has done tremendously poorly. The 5K that took over an hour and she was dry-heaving? The Barbells for Boobs competition that was basically a 10-minute circuit workout that had her and Buddy practically dead? I would personally LOVE to see Whitney do a Tough Mudder or a sprint triathlon. Can you even imagine?

I can imagine the funeral. Oh wait, they already faked that one.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, auntjess said:

And the ultimate prior to bed bound, gets hosed off on the front porch!

• Love 7
6 hours ago, auntjess said:

Nailed it.

6 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

If we go this route, does that mean Donna comes out of the shadows and becomes Twit's full-time care-taker/enabler?  Do we see her bringing Twit multiple pizzas, fried chicken and "fraaaaaayyyyd rice"?  Do we watch as Donna calls Buddy to come help give Twit her sponge bath?  Watch Donna wipe Twit's butt?  Do we get to hear Twit scream, "Owwwww, maaaaaayyyyy laggggg"?

I can't wait!  LOL

I am in!  Ready to set my DVR.  (I am going to hell for laughing at her.)

6 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

If we go this route, does that mean Donna comes out of the shadows and becomes Twit's full-time care-taker/enabler?  

We've seen Donna massage Twit's bare torso. If the writers don't give Twit a new fake boy friend this year, will we see Donna massaging lower?

1 hour ago, fonfereksglen said:

And the ultimate prior to bed bound, gets hosed off on the front porch!

I watched that episode.

I.could.not.believe.it.

Back to twit

TLC I would love a 'reality' show of twit and donna!

Heather is a dud, tal and Todd are one note duds, and buddy until his body lets go and lets the fat bubble out, can't move.

Hunter can't act, which is a bit ironic, babs and glen are done.

I will watch twit do aanything. Roller coasters, laser tag, shopping for a new car, redecorating, anything internship, fat collaboration with anyone.

Please god, any sort of curvy con, DWTS guest judge,BGDC instructor tour, pretend move to anywhere, make a wish.

• Love 3