Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Got Us Misty, Choked Us Up Or Made Us Cry

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Never meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are devious and will hork up a hairball in your bed, where you will find it with your toes when you crawl in. 

Or deliver a not yet dead mouse to you.

• Sad 2

I’m sure there was a handler just off camera waiting with piles of treats and toys, but the Subaru ad with the special needs dog in the middle of the road while they slowly pull back makes me want to climb through my TV and hug that doggo forever.

• Love 6

The commercial with the woman who talks about her eighty something mother. Her mom has mobility, memory and other serious issues. When she says you just gotta shut down your emotions and just do what needs to be done, it hits home so hard with me because it's completely true. And when she says "I love my mom but I need some help" I lose it altogether.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
On 6/20/2023 at 12:52 PM, peacheslatour said:

The commercial with the woman who talks about her eighty something mother. Her mom has mobility, memory and other serious issues. When she says you just gotta shut down your emotions and just do what needs to be done, it hits home so hard with me because it's completely true. And when she says "I love my mom but I need some help" I lose it altogether.

My mother just passed away at the end of march after a long struggle with Parkinson’s and I was her primary caregiver… I lost it the first time I saw that commercial 

• Hugs 13
  • Sad 1
14 hours ago, amass said:

My mother just passed away at the end of march after a long struggle with Parkinson’s and I was her primary caregiver… I lost it the first time I saw that commercial 

It just is so spot on and if you're in that situation, it hits hard. I didn't know how to explain how I felt taking care of my dad who has Alzheimer's and this is exactly the way you have to deal with it.

• Hugs 7
  • Sad 1

There's a St. Jude's commercial that's been running for some time about a little girl named Amris who was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of brain tumor. The cure rate for this particular kind of cancer was very low and her odds at beating it were slim to none, but she managed to survive it through the excellent care provided by St. Jude's. Unfortunately the cancer came back. The announcer says at the end of the commercial that the wide range of treatments that were available for her second bout with the disease helped extend her life, but ultimately couldn't save her. Though I've seen this commercial a number of times, it's still a gut-punch. I hate cancer so much, especially when it attacks children. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
7 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Yeah, I've seen that one, too. And there's another one with a woman talking about how St. Jude is still a place of hope for her, and then it shows that she'd lost a child, too :(. 

When Amazon had Amazon Smiles, St. Jude was my charity. Then they took it away. I still give but damn them for removing that option.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1