Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Got Us Misty, Choked Us Up Or Made Us Cry

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Was the kid just adopted? Because if not, how old is that kid and why are the parents just introducing her to the dog now?

Kids can be weird at that age and suddenly something they never cared about before will freak them out. 

• Love 1

I see they are rerunning the Johnson and Johnson commercial that is a tribute to nurses - with the nurse giving chemo to the little girl while they sing the name game song.  I still tear up when I see it.  Every time I see it I pray that that little girl was cured and is alive and well today.

• Love 8

I see they are rerunning the Johnson and Johnson commercial that is a tribute to nurses - with the nurse giving chemo to the little girl while they sing the name game song.  I still tear up when I see it.  Every time I see it I pray that that little girl was cured and is alive and well today.

There's something creepy and not quite right about men who become nurses so I get skeeved out by that ad.

Every time I see it I pray that that little girl was cured and is alive and well today.

It's an actor.

Edited by Mumbles

I have known a lot of nurses, male and female and I think they are pretty darn special. Also most teachers. They do some awful jobs that most of us haven't a clue about. I worked in not-for-profit and for profit psych hospitals, so I have seen a lot. 

And I love that commercial where they sing The Name Game as a distraction. I have to have distractions when I get shots or have blood drawn, so bless him!

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, friendperidot said:

I have known a lot of nurses, male and female and I think they are pretty darn special. Also most teachers. They do some awful jobs that most of us haven't a clue about. I worked in not-for-profit and for profit psych hospitals, so I have seen a lot. 

And I love that commercial where they sing The Name Game as a distraction. I have to have distractions when I get shots or have blood drawn, so bless him!

I started my professional life as a med tech (1972) in hematology. One of my jobs was to collect blood in pediatrics by finger pricks. I found that if you didn't lie to the kids that it wasn't going to hurt - just be a sting that would go away and they needed to be brave, they almost always bucked up and put their brave face on. Loved those kids. This commercial resonates with me for that experience. Yeah for all the health care workers, men and women, in any profession.

My 5 year old grandson didn't know boys could be doctors since all the doctors he or his mother had were women. Hah. 

• Love 16

The bullying commercial with the little girl who wears glasses and is bullied because of it makes me a little teary eyed. She is so cute with or without glasses. Nice to see people standing up for her. I started wearing glasses when I was ten years old, so I know how she feels.

I was in 4th grade, and other kids were pretty crappy about it. In Junior High, we'd play volleyball in Phys Ed and kids would try to spike the ball into my glasses and knock them off or even break them. And the shitheads wonder why I never come to class reunions.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, riley702 said:

I was in 4th grade, and other kids were pretty crappy about it. In Junior High, we'd play volleyball in Phys Ed and kids would try to spike the ball into my glasses and knock them off or even break them. And the shitheads wonder why I never come to class reunions.

I hear ya! I was bullied and harassed in junior high and high school. I do not attend class reunions because why do I want to hang out and talk about the good ole days when the good ole days were not all that great for me. I have seen pictures of my former classmates and chuckle because they do not look good at all. I know it sounds petty, but sometimes karma does make house calls.

• Love 1

OMG, that Tile commercial with the lost stuffed Panda bear. I know it has a happy ending but that sad little bear wandering around by himself with people just ignoring him and his sweet overtures at friendship make me bawl like a baby.

• Love 9

The Subaru commercial where people sing "Put a Little Love in your Heart" and the family with the boy who has had to have numerous surgeries and he says,"it's not so bad, I get to eat Popsicles" totally  makes me cry.

• Love 5

I like the two guys trying to sing the words, and the one helps the other get some of the lyrics right :). 

On a similar note, I love the story the lady shares in a similar ad about her dog saving her after she had a severe allergic reaction. Animals truly are amazing. 

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

Pretty much any and all ASPCA commercials make me cry but good LAWD the ones they show at the holidays....snot running down my nose crying happening here =(

I can't even listen to those, let alone watch them. Spay and neuter your pets people!

• Love 10
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:14 PM, peacheslatour said:

OMG, that Tile commercial with the lost stuffed Panda bear. I know it has a happy ending but that sad little bear wandering around by himself with people just ignoring him and his sweet overtures at friendship make me bawl like a baby.

Tell me about it.  And the way the little girl hugs him so tight........waterworks.

• Love 6

I did some Christmas shopping at Macy's at the beginning of the week, and one item I was considering was not under a sale sign.  I scanned it to see the price, and was seriously surprised when it came up full price - I really figured everything in the store was on some degree of sale at any given point.

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

I did some Christmas shopping at Macy's at the beginning of the week, and one item I was considering was not under a sale sign.  I scanned it to see the price, and was seriously surprised when it came up full price - I really figured everything in the store was on some degree of sale at any given point.

Nah, they shift it around so you're always coming back to check and maybe buy more stuff.

• Love 2

Love the McDonald's commercial where Sebastian is accepted to the McDonald's Tuition Assistance Program because Mickey D's wants to be America's best first job, and his coworkers cheer for him while he jumps up and down in delight.  Gets me every time.

• Love 3

Is this where we also post about commercials that traumatize us beyond all human endurance? Because if I see that LifeAlert commercial one more time (the one with the woman’s terrified, sobbing voice calling for help in her huge, echo-y, empty house), I think I will curl up into a ball and die.

I used to snicker at the “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!” lady. Funny how, the older I get, the less amusing it has become.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

That’s probably why they turned the trauma up to eleven; we all snickered at the original lady and didn’t take the product seriously(and also why there’s now a disclaimer at the beginning of the ad).

Edited by smittykins
  • Love 4

Is this where we also post about commercials that traumatize us beyond all human endurance? Because if I see that LifeAlert commercial one more time (the one with the woman’s terrified, sobbing voice calling for help in her huge, echo-y, empty house), I think I will curl up into a ball and die.

That is an absolutely horrible ad! It needs to be reshot to show someone rescuing the poor lady at the end.

• Love 3

Is that the one where an EMT is shown checking for her pulse and sadly shaking his head?(I refuse to go looking for it.)

ETA:  On second thought, I think that's the one where the woman opens the door and finds her mother on the floor.

Edited by smittykins
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, smittykins said:

That’s probably why they turned the trauma up to eleven; we all snickered at the original lady and didn’t take the product seriously(and also why there’s now a disclaimer at the beginning of the ad).

The only thing they could do to make it WORSE would be to say "Without LifeAlert, this could be YOU... dead on the floor!"  I think they really should re-shoot this disturbing ad, and show the rescue.

• Love 4