Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: Five Stars for Beezus

Nick: I have got to tell my best friend I'm in love with her!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! It's about time you admitted it!!!  Jess is there and heard it YAY! :) Great episode!!!! Loved it!!!! CeeCee is pregnant YAY! Schmidt Jr! :) Oh man I hope this isn't the series finale!!!! :(

• Love 5

That was a really good finale. I don't want it to come back because they won't be able to end it as well a second time. It'd be like Scrubs. 

I think everyone ended up in a really good and believable place. With all the sex they've been having, it's not surprising that Cece is pregnant. They way Schmidt told her was so sweet and all the flowers were so beautiful. 

Schmidt's talk with Nick was really sweet and still funny. Plus, a final Coach shout-out made me smile. Winston calling his dad was pretty amazing too. 

As for Nick and Jess, it really couldn't have gone any other way. It was awkward but cute and the fact that they're best friends who love each other is perfection. And the callback to the pilot was really well done. 

The writers an cast should be proud because that was great and made me remember the way I felt when I first fell in love with this show.

• Love 10

Great finale. I knew Cece would be pregnant because the actress has no good reason to hide a baby bump if they return next season. Plus, her character was supposed to have some trouble conceiving, so a successful pregnancy is so sweet for that couple. Loved seeing Nick and Jess reunite.

I think Winston's (Winston Bishop to be clear) storyline made me the most satisfied because he's growing up, even if Furguson needs some more time to meet his birth-grandfather. 

Here's an article where the showrunners discuss the finale and their chances of returning. It's optimistic!

• Love 7

I'm half torn if I want this to be the end of the show or not. I loved this season possibly series finale. Nick and Jess getting together in the best way possible, and as someone who hated that they got together and then broke up for the main reason that the show was only in season 3 and therefore had to keep a plot moving further, I wouldn't ne excited to watch that marry go round.

But, yay for Cece and Schmidt! Also the "caramel miracle" comment was an adorable callback to season one. I love those two. They were my otp for this show. I know it should have been Nick and Jess but I really was always here for Cece and Schmidt. 

• Love 3

If this turns out to be the final episode, I'd be okay with it.  Would have been nice to see Coach one last time but this felt like a nice wrapping up point, with no drastic unanswered questions.  I was never one of the people that cared whether or not Nick and Jess got together, their hook up always seemed kind of casual to me.  That said, I get that its what the people wanted so I am not fussed that it being their end game.  To be honest, I would have been fine if they ended up with other people too.

Was nice seeing Cece and Schmidt end in a good place.  I sort of hated him at first but he grew on me and she's always been a really nice understated funny on a show of over the top personalities.  Winston was, as always, hilarious.  That man's love affair with his cat is going to go down as one of the greatest romances Hollywood has ever produced.  

My gut tells me that this show ends here so if thats the case, great job to the cast and crew.  It's really rare that a sitcom can hold my attention these days and this one managed to keep me watching for six full seasons.  

• Love 6

I'm happy to let this be the show's goodbye, with everyone living happily ever after. I think the show had been getting stale this season, although the writers really hit the mark in the last couple episodes when Nick and Jess starting admitting the obvious. On the whole, it's been a lot of fun, and my congratulations to all involved.

• Love 3

I didn't really have a strong reaction to this, but I thought it was a perfectly nice way to end the show. They've been losing steam for a long while, and they never fully recovered from their cut and run on the Nick and Jess story in season 3. After that, the show turned into a bit of a comfort watch for me-I was always happy to see the characters, but I lost all sense of urgency to watch the show and I wasn't all that invested in any of the relationships. I agree with @WhosThatGirl that I'm weary of them pulling more shenanigans if they have to fill another season, so I'd be content if it stopped here.

• Love 5

I liked it but I think it should end here. The problem with Nick and Jess was that once they were together the writers didn't know what to do with them and the show show felt awkward. If they come back for another season they're going to have the same problem. Plus everyone is all split up now. So really, this should be how it ends.

• Love 4

I've been saying the show should wrap-up, and I think this episode serves as the perfect Series Finale, with everyone's endgames realized.

That said...

I wouldn't object to a 6-12 episode "epilogue season" like what Parks & Rec did after having their spiritual finale. It can be pure fan service and cover Schmidt and Cece's child Winston and Aly's wedding, Jess & Nick moving out of the loft, and some follow-up on Coach.

Nice little callbacks throughout this one too. While they didn't have an Ellie Goulding song queued for the Kiss, the Lorde song fit the same spiritual tone as the first Kiss, and Jess's epiphany to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack was ideal. Schmidt calling out all of Nick's actions over the years was nice too. It was great to see how much these characters genuinely cared about one another.

• Love 4

I think the writers felt pressure to wrap everything up so quickly. The recent episodes feel.. very.. condensed.

But other than that, I'm happy with where it ended. While I do want more from these characters, I know its probably for the best if it doesn't return for season 7....

• Love 1

Now that I've seen the finale, I have to agree:  They should end it here.  If, by some miracle, the execs at FOX decide to renew it for a seventh season, then make it 13 episodes.  I'd rather have quality over quantity.

I kinda knew Nick & Jess were going to be endgame due to their failed relationships in the past.  It was a dumb move on the writers' part to break them up in the third season.

I'm glad that they wrote Hannah Simone's pregnancy into the show, should it actually be renewed.  They already had a difficult time hiding Zooey's baby bump.

Yay for Winston calling his biological father!

Schmidt is absolutely adorable.  You could tell Max Greenfield really brought his acting chops to the table in that scene with the flowers.  It was such a touching moment.

I guess we'll just have to wait until the official announcement in May.  I won't be disappointed if it doesn't return.  Every character has evolved and moved on at this point.

• Love 2

I thought for sure that Nick would be carrying Jess out of the elevator when the doors opened.  What we got was fine though.

I wish they would've left out Nick throwing salami (?) in Schmidt's toilet, I hate when they dumb him down soooo much.  

If it comes back I hope that they keep Nick and Jess happy and not make up a whole lot of angsty bullshit for them to deal with.  It would be nice to see Cece's and Schmidt's kid and Winston and Aly's wedding.  However, if it doesn't get renewed it was wrapped up nicely without a bunch of loose ends.

If that was the Series Finale, I am totally alright with that, because I think this ending was just about perfect. Everyone ended up in just the right place for their happy endings, and their ending that made sense for the characters. Maybe I would be alright with a shorter season to wrap things up, but if this is the end, I'm very satisfied.

Schmidt was so adorable with all his flowers telling CeCe about the pregnancy. Hannah and Max were just wonderful, they were both positively beaming. I really came around to them as a couple, they really work well together. And if we are getting another season, I'm glad they're writing in Hannah's real life pregnancy.

I knew Nick and Jess would end up together, but it was still nice to see. having them break up so quickly was a real mistake. And Winston called his dad! I would sort of like to meet Winston's dad, but if that's what we get, I can live with that. Really, the only problem I would have with this episode being the finale is the lack of Ferguson. I want him to spend more time with his new Mom!

• Love 1

My biggest complaint about this episode was Nick and Jess being the kind of idiots who keep running into elevators and up and down the stairs and keep missing each other, despite yelling, "STAY RIGHT THERE!" Then I remembered that those are exactly the kind of idiots that they normally are, even when they aren't rushing to profess their love for each other.

Other than that, I thought this was a good season/series finale. I agree that this is a good place to end the show so that we don't have to deal with more breakups/obstacles. I wouldn't mind a P&R-esque epilogue so that we could see Winston and Aly's wedding. I mean, don't you guys want to see if Ferguson is the ring cat or the best man?

• Love 4

I mean I loved this show and still do but like I said, if this gets picked up, I hope it gets picked up as a last season and with 13 episodes. Nick and Jess the merry go round relationship wasn't fun the first time and also I love Cece and Schmidt but I don't know how I feel about babies on tv shows, especially sitcoms. It never seems to work out. 

• Love 2

Yeah, they could do another 13 episodes but - should they? I mean it might be nice to see Schmidt and Cece's baby and Winston's wedding but I don't really think they can top the sweetness of the scene where Schmidt tells Cece she's pregnant. And this season has had an awful lot of filler, the whole first half of it really dragged. So I'm not very confident the show could pull off another thirteen episodes and make them good. They gave us a nice, sweet ending and they'd be smart to leave it there.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'd be happy with another season but only it wouldn't be the season I want.  My favorite characters are Schmidt, Cece, Winston and Ali.  My least favorite are Nick and Jess - the leads.  And another 13 episodes would probably be all about them.  Now if it were an even balance among the six then I might still be able to enjoy the show.

I did a re-watch over the holidays when a lot of shows were on hiatus; it still holds up for me because I focus on the ensemble.  I think my favorite moment from the whole show is when Schmidt joins in on the Indian / Bollywood dance.  I really came to love Schmidt / Cece and Winston.

ETA: in an case anyone wants to revisit that because it's such fun:

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 2

I just marathoned the whole series on Netflix, and while I know that they're coming back for an abbreviated 7th season, this did feel like a great way to end the series. Schmitt and Cece's relationship in the last season or two walks a reeeeally fine line between romantic and saccharine. It almost feels like someone is writing their own wish-fulfillment. Nobody is that over the top romantic (OR maybe I'm just being ripped off :P).

• Love 1