Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: The Labels

• Start Topic

Interesting dynamic with Grace and Sol being fired up and in synch and Robert and Frankie wanting to be somewhere else.  "If I'd known you were as good at this as you were at stealing my husband, I'd have gone into business with you."

Good lord, how much time has passed that Jacob already wants Frankie to move to New Mexico with him?  I get that the five-year plan isn't the best option at their age, but come on; they've been dating mere months.  She's supposed to leave her entire life? 

Grace breaking down at the thought of Frankie leaving hit me right in the heart. 

Bud's girlfriend having Grace and Frankie's vibrator (because, of course, she has carpal tunnel syndrome) was great.  And her trying to explain the different benefits to sex with him and masturbation with a "perfectly-designed machine" has to resonate with women everywhere.

Lots of funny lines in this one:

"Other people are the worst."

"I hate to cancel on Jacob; he already bought the tofurger and not-dogs for me."
"Well, I'm sure those things will taste just as awful on another day."

"Are you 15?"
"In many ways, yeah."

"The same Freud who diagnosed me with penis envy?"

"I would have told you."
"Yeah, like when my breast was out at Jamba Juice?"

• Love 5

Good lord, how much time has passed that Jacob already wants Frankie to move to New Mexico with him?  I get that the five-year plan isn't the best option at their age, but come on; they've been dating mere months.  She's supposed to leave her entire life? 

The impression I had from Jacob was that him moving might be a year or two away, except for the fact that he didn't get a new tenant for his adobe. Still, he meant it that it wasn't something to be decided "today or tomorrow." Frankie, and now Grace, are taking it like that, though.

(I am bummed; I am loving Ernie Hudson and it sounds like he may not be on the show next season.)

This was the most I've liked Allison yet—very funny!

I really liked Grace with Sol and Frankie with Robert. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ahisma said:

The impression I had from Jacob was that him moving might be a year or two away, except for the fact that he didn't get a new tenant for his adobe. Still, he meant it that it wasn't something to be decided "today or tomorrow." Frankie, and now Grace, are taking it like that, though.

(I am bummed; I am loving Ernie Hudson and it sounds like he may not be on the show next season.)

This was the most I've liked Allison yet—very funny!

I really liked Grace with Sol and Frankie with Robert. 

I understood that, too.  But she had to recognize the fact she would never leave though and tell him so he would not continue to hope. 

Is Allison Bud's girlfriend? 

On 3/25/2017 at 9:06 PM, Bastet said:

They have been friends for years and it just turned into romance lately.  

• Love 1

Well, they are in their 70's...no time to waste and all that...I get it...after a certain age you either know or you don't know.

I honestly don't think Frankie's going with him. Not just because...show...star? Helloooo? But in show-land, her entire life is right there in San Diego. Her whole life and everything in it, and to leave your whole world for a guy when you're in your 70's and just now this year beginning to settle down back into normalcy would be stupid. She's not doing it.

Oh but Grace...Grace...she'd planned her golden years...Her, Frankie, and now the business...and then Frankie planned other plans? My heart broke for her! Everybody LEAVES her! She's (it seems) always either an afterthought or not even a thought.  

Poor Sol. Not ready to retire but forced to by circumstances...that's kinda one of my biggest fears...he shouldn't "have" to quit lawyering just because he's seventy-something if he's not ready...and now Robert's seeing that retiring when you don't really have a plan in mind is just plain boring. I and my co-workers ask ourselves this: "retire and do WHAT?" When you can answer that? It's time to go. Until then, report to work on Monday!

Retire and "not work" is not gonna 'work.'

oh and Allison is Bud's girlfriend...

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ahisma said:

The impression I had from Jacob was that him moving might be a year or two away, except for the fact that he didn't get a new tenant for his adobe. Still, he meant it that it wasn't something to be decided "today or tomorrow."

That's what he said in the last episode, but by this one he is selling the farm, moving to Santa Fe, and wants her to go with him.  Subsequent conversations between Frankie and Grace, and Frankie and her kids, are about whether she'll go with him.  And it's not just her talking about it in immediate terms.  By the finale,

Spoiler

he's countering her health concerns by talking about the hospitals in Santa Fe and the neurology institute in Phoenix and, when that doesn't calm her, tells her he'll wait until she's ready to move.  So he has moved well past, "Somewhere down the road, I'm probably moving, and maybe you'll want to come with me," to "I'm moving when I sell the farm, and I want you to come with me."

I'm pretty sure that, if I were Frankie, I'd get out Louise and go after Grace.  She was pretty horrendous in the first part of the episode, although there was something inherently comedic about having their gay ex-husbands coming to help them pack their vibrators.

I do not care about the romantic lives of either Bud or Coyote....

• Love 1
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

The scene with Bud and Alison with the strawberries and awkward sex conversation was the worst.  He is a grown man.  Come on. 

I am over all of the scenes with the kids. Except Brianna, who's now away, the others aren't interesting or relevant to the story. Especially Mallory, it's really hard to feel sorry for her and the state of her marriage bc she doesn't even seem to care. Or maybe it's just the actress not being very interesting overall. 

This is probably my least favorite season so far, but, still love the show bc of Fonda and Tomlin. 

• Love 1

Oh man....that last scene? When Alison "introduces" Bud to his mom's new vibrator?

CRINGEY!!! NO NO NO NO NO!!!! JEEEEEESUS.....

He's making those "O-Face" noises and I'm left to wonder WHERE THEY PUT THAT THING (it's HUGE!!!!) To make a MAN make that noise????

OH ICK!!!!

*hey, it's in my head, it's in YOUR head*

On 3/30/2017 at 6:01 PM, hnygrl said:

Oh man....that last scene? When Alison "introduces" Bud to his mom's new vibrator?

CRINGEY!!! NO NO NO NO NO!!!! JEEEEEESUS.....

He's making those "O-Face" noises and I'm left to wonder WHERE THEY PUT THAT THING (it's HUGE!!!!) To make a MAN make that noise????

OH ICK!!!!

*hey, it's in my head, it's in YOUR head*

The only way I can make sense of these vibrators (that are specifically designed for the elderly!) is that they're very soft and flexible, and that when they enter a body, they squeeze into a much smaller shape. Otherwise, they'd leave a lot of their customers in agony.

(edited)

Maybe it is way too TMI but we are already talking about vibrators.  And maybe it will ease the mind somewhat.  But "placement" wise?  Consider how a penis and the man it is attached to can respond to a hand "yanking" it up and down?  Imagine a well designed and stimulating-aimed textured device pulsating along a sensitive and already prone to throbbing area?  All I'm saying is that there are plenty of areas down there that placing something that tickles teases and tweaks can provide plenty of oral enthusiasm without anything needed to be inserted.

giphy.gif

Edited by tenativelyyours
  • Love 5

I didn't get the impression Allison used the vibrator on Bud.  I actually thought she was pleasing him orally.  Sort of "I'll make you feel how the vibrator makes me feel".

3 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I didn't get the impression Allison used the vibrator on Bud.  I actually thought she was pleasing him orally.  Sort of "I'll make you feel how the vibrator makes me feel".

It's entirely possible I'm misremembering, but didn't we hear the buzz of the vibrator?