Type keyword(s) to search

Heartaches, Bromances, True Love and Team Arrow: the Relationships Thread

quarks
  • Start Topic

I think I might love a toss off line in the last ep of S4 where some shenanigans happen and Felicity responds that they got married a year ago in Vegas. No muss, no fuss, and so many people's heads would explode.

That would kinda be awesome yet many olicity fans would be cursing the writers lol cause we didnt get to see it lol

• Love 1

I think I might love a toss off line in the last ep of S4 where some shenanigans happen and Felicity responds that they got married a year ago in Vegas. No muss, no fuss, and so many people's heads would explode.

That would be great. But it would probably piss off the majority of fans from all camps. Although I would love to see it, because it would be an out of the blue twist and the reactions would be fun.

Edited by kismet

Watching fan wars is a fun sport in itself.

It really kind of is. I don't ship Olicity now (although I overall like them together), bc I want to punch Oliver really hard and I think Felicity can and should do better. I overall think the crazy/hate is higher on the Lauriver side than the Olicity side, BUT it might be easier to be magnanimous when your side is winning.

I am really, really excited for Felicity and Curtis.

• Love 1

Honestly, I have to remain true to what I said last year during the wedding speculation & again at points throughout this summer. I do not think it is too soon for O/F to get engaged or married. Their lives are on a magnified timeline with life & death consequences. Now that they found happiness, I can see them wanting to celebrate it and make it official. They will always have issues. It doesn't matter if they date for 1 week or 30 years, their personal & couple issues will always be something they need to work on. But with mutual respect and willingness to work on them together & support each other (which is fundamental to marriage), their relationship can blossom under a marriage. Even if they have only dated for 5 months. They already live together & seem happy/functional. Plus they were in a very close partnership (professional/social) where they spent a significant amount of time together for 2.5+ years, so they have already successfully navigated many hurdles & stressors that typical couples never experience or pass. So from an emotional & relationship stand point, I can see them ready to take the next step into engagement/marriage now or in the next few months. They have a solid base for successful relationship, even if their timing is unconventional.

From a TV perspective, I can see their wedding & engagement being the fuel to sustain many story arcs. Therefore I can understand the arguments that say it is too soon, it won't go smoothly, its a sweeps things. I totally agree with that analysis as well. Personally, I see the show taking either 2 directions. The first is they will milk the engagement/wedding for all of its dramatic worth. If they take this direction, I think it will be engagement in s4, with wedding in 5-6 (perhaps after a few classically cuz-TV failed attempts). The other direction, I could see the show taken is accelerating the engagement/wedding because they want to be original, creative, unique & organic to their story. I can see them wanting to push the envelope & be groundbreaking. If they take this road, they will be rebels pursuing the story with abdandon & no forced conformity to standard TV timing. They will still milk it for publicity a little or they may completely shock/surprise us out of nowhere. If they take this route, I think we will get a sudden wedding (we'll likely see it, although them being already married offscreen wouldn't shock me) with a traditional for-TV wedding celebration/shenanigans later. Honestly, I think it could go either way this season.

ARROW is an interesting dichotomous show. On one hand they like to beat to their own drummer & be a trailblazer; but on the other hand they fall prey to writing some of the tropeist & cliche arcs. So how they handle the O/F relationship moving forward is going to be intriguing to watch. I do think all of the GB & TPTB dropping lines about married superheroes to me implies that they will try to get OQ to be one of the 1st married superheros sooner rather than later. I also think SA is really into the O/F relationship, so I can see him gunning for trying to make it more domestic & official.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 5

I got engaged after a month and have been married 18 years. Now true, my husband doesn't run around at night killing bad guys and my computer savy doesn't go beyond email, but i don't think them getting engaged after a few months with all they have been through isn't that far fetched.

Ditto here - Got engaged after 3 months, coming up on 20 years next year and I still love the guy! ;)

• Love 5

I can see an engagement at the end of S4, but I can't see it at the beginning. Sorry, I don't even want to see it until after episode 20. I just want to see them in action as a couple first before they do anything permanent like get engaged. Not that I don't think they're compatible, I just think that they have a few things to deal with before they get hitched.

While I certainly do think they're heading in that direction, and if Oliver/Felicity are still deliriously happy as they were at the beginning of this season, then I think it's completely plausible to call endgame regarding the romance aspect of this show. 

I mean, I know I want them to get engaged at the end of S4 because I don't like 'what ifs' or 'will they won't theys'. So the sooner they seal the deal the better. I don't want another Castle situation tbh

• Love 6

I quit Castle way before that, but they ended a season with the *proposal* as the cliffhanger, right?

...That is totally something I think Guggie would LOVE to do.

I didn't mind the proposal, I just minded the OH MY GOD CASTLE DIED ON MY WEDDING DAY thing -_- which I so can see them doing on Arrow. NO. I don't want

• Love 1

Perhaps O/F proposal will be ARROW's first season finale cliffhanger. They always like to tie everything up so neatly with a bow. But a proposal has the potential to be a good cliffhanger that allows the villain arc to end, but the future to be uncertain.

I really crave an ARROW cliffhanger finale, I don't even care what it is at this point.

I mean, I know I want them to get engaged at the end of S4 because I don't like 'what ifs' or 'will they won't theys'. So the sooner they seal the deal the better. I don't want another Castle situation tbh

One of the things I love about one of my all-time favorite movies, The Big Easy, is that they end the movie with a short scene of Dennis Quaid's character waltzing Ellen Barkin's character through their apartment, with her in her wedding dress. No need to guess whether they actually ended up together.

Also, Dennis Quaid in his youth was SMOKING HOT, and he was shirtless several times in that movie.

• Love 4

Castle is a good example of how to write an interesting romantic couple as the main pairing on a TV show. But its also a classical example of how to nearly ruin a couple with their wedding. The wedding drama of that show sucked so much enjoyment out of watching it. I feel like it went one for at least 2 seasons, if not more. It was poorly handled from beginning to end. The engagement portion was handled well. But there was too much focus & unnecessary drama from, about or because of the wedding. By the time they actually got married, I'm not even sure I cared anymore. I was just glad it was over.

• Love 4

One of the things I love about one of my all-time favorite movies, The Big Easy, is that they end the movie with a short scene of Dennis Quaid's character waltzing Ellen Barkin's character through their apartment, with her in her wedding dress. No need to guess whether they actually ended up together.

Also, Dennis Quaid in his youth was SMOKING HOT, and he was shirtless several times in that movie.

I love that show and Dennis Quaid was ridiculously hot in it.

• Love 2

One of the things I love about one of my all-time favorite movies, The Big Easy

I lurve this movie! Ditto on the hotness (and the fridge scene, LOL. Oh, I need to watch it again. Too bad the TV show didn't live up to the movie).

I'm ready for an Oliver/Felicity wedding. [s3 should have been the "engagement" season, the writers screwed it up, let's forget about it] Considering the timeline + everything they went through, I don't think it's too early at all. Scratch this, I want them to get married if it means no more cheap, nonsensical breakups and pointless love triangles.

Oliver and Felicity aren't dull when they're happy together. They aren't dull when they fight hardships together.They aren't dull when they talk about ferns and furniture, FGS! Being together makes them better, that's why I love their relationship. I think they can prove (if needed) that a couple can be together and stay interesting and hot, and even have disagreements or fights without cliché angst that isn't them imo. I dare the writers, make it happen. You have imo the best "raw material" with the chemistry between the actors, the way you conceived the characters, and a (seemingly) huge fandom to back this couple .

And if I learn afterwards that O/F got married in Vegas or Gretna Green during the hiatus? I wouldn't care*. I don't care about any particular, or any romantic "staple". As long as they're together and kicking ass when I watch an Arrow episode. 

It's not that I don't enjoy their romantic interactions, because I do (and how much I do never fails to suprise me; the trailer did it again).

But my favorite relationship is Oliver/Felicity/Diggle. Yes, there are such things as "Team Arrow fans first". O/F is an integral part of it, and now that they are romantic -though honestly, I don't think it could but lead there, their chemistry was just too...remarkable imo- if the writers mess with this relationship like in S3 Team Arrow is going to pay the price, again.

I don't mind some conflicts inside TA, if they're organic. Actually, the trailer made me hopeful that the current O/D one will give me better scenes than I dared hope for and will be about the team. But I want the dynamic intact, and I want O/F/D to have mostly scenes together which as S3 showed imo, isn't possible with artificial drama. So for me, O/F in a stable relationship is good news for TA and for the show as I love it.

*And with the "Olicity wedding flashback "campaign that wouldn't fail to happen (I LOL just imagining it) I'm quite sure it would be onscreen one day or another. Come to think of it, it could be a good way to create buzz...if MG and co are ready to have their feeds cluttered (LOL again).

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 4

I have no problem with her using a machine gun as long as it's not unrealistic like she suddenly becomes a sharp shooter. I don't have a problem w/ LL riding a motorcycle because it's not difficult to learn how to use one. etc.

I agree about the motorcycle & LL.. it's been what 5 months since the finale.. riding a motorcycle when you already know how to operate a car is not that hard, it's a short learning curve but it can be done in a couple of weeks to a month.

Also:

I guess this can go here??

So I had a conversation with one of my coworkers last night, and the GUY turned out to be a casual Arrow viewer, naturally I asked the most important question: L/O or O/F? "of course Oliver and Felicity!! (the way he said it was in total shipper tone!! :p LOL)...girl Felicity awesome!.... I can't stand Laurel.. she's so bland and mean all the time, why don't they just kill her off? (me: cause comics)... so just send her to work as a legal something somewhere else.... he agrees that Sara was the real Black Canary and that Laurel sucks. He was shocked and excited to learn that Sara was coming back and than remembered the trailer.. Which he thought was awesome!!, he was sad to learn that Sara return will not be as Black Canary and that she is going over to the new show as White Canary" and the awesome part: he does occasionally read Olicity fanfiction.!!

I think we high-fived and bumped fists like 5 times during our convo.. it was a good ending to what was a shitty first day back to school.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 5

I agree about the motorcycle & LL.. it's been what 5 months since the finale.. riding a motorcycle when you already know how to operate a car is not that hard, it's a short learning curve but it can be done in a couple of weeks to a month.

Also:

I guess this can go here??

So I had a conversation with one of my coworkers last night, and the GUY turned out to be a casual Arrow viewer, naturally I asked the most important question: L/O or O/F? "of course Oliver and Felicity!! (the way he said it was in total shipper tone!! :p LOL)...girl Felicity awesome!.... I can't stand Laurel.. she's so bland and mean all the time, why don't they just kill her off? (me: cause comics)... so just send her to work as a legal something somewhere else.... he agrees that Sara was the real Black Canary and that Laurel sucks. He was shocked and excited to learn that Sara was coming back and than remembered the trailer.. Which he thought was awesome!!, he was sad to learn that Sara return will not be as Black Canary and that she is going over to the new show as White Canary" and the awesome part: he does occasionally read Olicity fanfiction.!!

I think we high-fived and bumped fists like 5 times during our convo.. it was a good ending to what was a shitty first day back to school.

Love finding random ARROW fans out of the blue! That guy is totally not just a casual viewer, you don't just read fanfiction of a couple from a show you casually watch :) I do find it ironic that Olicity gets a lot attention as being a "fangirl" thing. But this guy, SA and the abundance of men you hear asking Olicity questions at cons prove there is a significant portion of men that root for the couple together as much as some of the fangirls.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

Yeah, I do find it funny that the vast majority of the Olicity questions at cons have come from men. I think the "fangirl" label gets thrown around so much because females tend to be more vocal about their ships in the online community than males do. These cons are showing that it isn't necessarily an accurate stereotype in the wider fandom and I'm glad about that.

• Love 4

TBH, I don't like to speculate online about an engagement or marriage for Oliver & Felicity because if fans are expecting it and chatter about it too much, I'm afraid that MG will do the opposite because he likes to surprise and shock fans. He seems to have this thing for plot twists and star-crossed love.  So I guess it's a superstitious thing for me - if we anticipate it, he won't do it.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

TBH, I don't like to speculate online about an engagement or marriage for Oliver & Felicity because if fans are expecting it and chatter about it too much, I'm afraid that MG will do the opposite because he likes to surprise and shock fans. He seems to have this thing for plot twists and star-crossed love.  So I guess it's a superstitious thing for me - if we anticipate it, he won't do it.

Totally get your point. There are many things I am superstitious about... :)

Just wondering - do you think your theory holds in reverse? ... Can we manipulate our speculation to reverse psychology them into doing what we want, even if it goes against their original plans. Perhaps we all should have been gung ho about the Nyssa wedding, maybe that would have worked to stop it.

Unfortunately, I don't think the theory works in reverse.  I am trying to restrain my occasional tendency to freak out over Olicity-related things. I repeat this silent mantra of "hope for the best, but prepare for the worst" when it comes to Arrow.  

If everything I don't want to happen on the show does happen, then I'm prepared to simply stop watching Arrow.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6
And if I learn afterwards that O/F got married in Vegas or Gretna Green during the hiatus? I wouldn't care*. I don't care about any particular, or any romantic "staple". As long as they're together and kicking ass when I watch an Arrow episode. 

It's not that I don't enjoy their romantic interactions, because I do (and how much I do never fails to suprise me; the trailer did it again).

But my favorite relationship is Oliver/Felicity/Diggle. Yes, there are such things as "Team Arrow fans first". O/F is an integral part of it, and now that they are romantic -though honestly, I don't think it could but lead there, their chemistry was just too...remarkable imo- if the writers mess with this relationship like in S3 Team Arrow is going to pay the price, again.

I will be annoyed if they got married at Gretna Green and I didn't get to see it. I've always wanted to see that.

But I think it's far too soon for them to get married now.  The show has at least 2 (hopefully more) more seasons to fill.  A proposal at the end of s4, a wedding maybe at the end of s5 so they can have their honeymoon during the hiatus, but no faster than that

I think Oliver/Diggle/Felicity is the bedrock of the show.  I don't mind seeing everyone else's relationships as long as I get enough of O/D/F, and by "enough" I mean a lot more than s3.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

I would like to see Olicity working together as a healthy functioning couple before we get a proposal. I didn't think it would happen this season but after all the trailers and their blinding happiness, I'm starting to think an end of s4 proposal might be possible. But if it's going to happen, I hope it happens at the end of the season. They keep skipping so many steps with Olicity. We missed out on 5 months of flirting and growing closer after s2. And now we've missed out on 5 months of honeymoon-stage relationship. I need to see some of those steps first before we jump to weddings and stuff. But it's definitely on the cards. How could it not be? LOOK AT THEM. 

This came up in the spoiler thread, but it seemed more appropriate to answer it here:

Honest question, because I didn't watch live then, but did anyone have anything to say about Laurel sleeping with both Tommy and Oliver in S1, within a relatively small time frame? I mean, I'm guessing not because ~canon, but I'm just curious, and wondering if the slut shaming for Felicity was born more out of fanboy/girl hatred than misogynistic crap.

Yes, quite a lot, and not just from fans, either - at one point Katie Cassidy said in an interview that she found it kinda skeezy. It was also brought up again after the Oliver/Sara lunge in season two, because Sara went straight from kissing Nyssa (admittedly in a "we broke up, damn it" kinda way) to sleeping with Oliver in the same episode, and some jokes were made that maybe this was just how the Lance sisters operated.

Most of the criticism, though, was directed at the Oliver/Laurel relationship in general, the choice of the song for the sex scene, and Oliver for being a total jerk about it (many fans didn't like that Oliver told Tommy that this was Laurel's choice, and to go for her, only to sleep with her in that same episode). Laurel was mostly criticized for not investing in curtains, or at least for not keeping those curtains closed, with a small but vocal group of fans convinced that Laurel was only thinking of the benefit to the audience, there, by letting us get another look at shirtless Oliver.  (That last is a bit subject to interpretation.)

• Love 3

Technically Nyssa kissed Sara and Sara left her what I think was months ago since she found Sin and became close with her. So I don't think hooking up with Oliver was that slutty. In her mind Nyssa and her were over months ago. 

• Love 1

The L/O hook-up was skeezy timing from OQ's perspective. Not so much from LL, LL was not dating TM at the time and so was free to sleep with whom she wants. Perhaps no curtains is her fault, but seriously did you see her outfit that day? If anything needed to be fixed aesthetically that should have been top on the list :)

But OQ was definitely horrible for doing that to TM. That bromance betrayal I think was higher than him kidnapping Lyla. There was just no legitimate way what he did could not be considered wrong from a friendship perspective. It was disrespectful to his friendships with both LL & TM. I'm so glad, he has matured so much from that point. That was definitely a poor critical thinking decision to sleep with LL the same day as telling TM to get her back.

Honestly, no one's behavior has been shown to be slutty in the present day on ARROW. Could they have had better timing, absolutely. But slutty, nope.

• Love 2

If Oliver and Laurel were ever to get back together, they would have to avoid talking about 90% of their history.

Laughs about the time Tommy did this and Sara did this. Laurel quietly remembers Oliver running off to sleeping with Sara at the first sign of a serious relationship. Oliver remembers stabbing Tommy in the back by sleeping with Laurel.

Laurel opens up about past issues with alcohol. Laurel remembers the time Oliver told her to get drunk and he would pay for it when she needed him.

They visit Sara's gravesite. Laurel remembers Oliver protecting Malcolm and that Sara was killed as a pawn in the Queen/Merlyn/LOA game. And when she was spiralling he refused to support her.

Oliver and Laurel have Oliver's son for the weekend. Laurel has constant reminder that Oliver cheated on her during their pre-island good times.

They visit the In-Laws separately because marriage broke apart and father-in-law fell to addiction because of Olivers' actions. They remember at awkward dinner but no one says anything.

• Love 14

The L/O hook-up was skeezy timing from OQ's perspective. Not so much from LL, LL was not dating TM at the time and so was free to sleep with whom she wants.

Tommy had broken up with her but when he did, she went straight to Oliver and told him she wanted Tommy back. Oliver told her to talk to  Tommy and Laurel did go to him. But as soon as Tommy said that Oliver wanted her, it's like she turned off all thoughts of Tommy and went straight to Oliver to see if it was true.

So while she wasn't cheating technically, she did make it look like Tommy was only second place for her and as soon as she heard that Oliver still wanted her, she was with him.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I didn't care about Laurel/Tommy when I first watched Season 1. But rewatching it lately, I really ended up loving them together and it is a shame that it had to be short lived.

He was like her Felicity where it wasn't a bunch of drama and he brought out the lighter moments in general and for Laurel.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 6

Tommy had broken up with her but when he did, she went straight to Oliver and told him she wanted Tommy back. Oliver told her to talk to  Tommy and Laurel did go to him. But as soon as Tommy said that Oliver wanted her, it's like she turned off all thoughts of Tommy and went straight to Oliver to see if it was true.

So while she wasn't cheating technically, she did make it look like Tommy was only second place for her and as soon as she heard that Oliver still wanted her, she was with him.

True, only for her to figure out that he was the one she really did want but oops, too late.  :(

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

They could also NEVER EVER watch reruns of Felicity on tv.

Did I miss something in-show reference? Or is this just because of Felicity is in the title?

BTW - A really good coming of age show with a believable love triangle. Loved that show.

Did I miss something in-show reference? Or is this just because of Felicity is in the title?

BTW - A really good coming of age show with a believable love triangle. Loved that show.

No, I meant the name. It was a silly joke, sorry.

But if O/L would ever end up together again, I suspect just the word "Felicity" would cause serious damage. PTSD attacks, anxiety attacks, feelings of inadequacy, the whole shabang. They probably couldn't even visit Portuguese or Spansish language countries, where the words "felicidad[e]" / "feliz" are used in daily conversation.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 2

No, I meant the name. It was a silly joke, sorry.

But if O/L would ever end up together again, I suspect just the word "Felicity" would cause serious damage. PTSD attacks, anxiety attacks, feelings of inadequacy, the whole shabang. They probably couldn't even visit Portuguese or Spansish language countries, where the words "felicidad[e]" / "feliz" are used in daily conversation.

Thanks for responding... just making sure I didn't miss anything. I don't want to even admit how long it took me to figure out that verdant was also a symbolic choice, its embarrassing, since I usually am very observant for stuff like that. So just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything this time, especially if it involve Felicity & Felicity. :)

Agree, that word would cause major problems for them as a couple. So basically if the show were to put O/L back together, they can't talk about 90% of their history as mentioned above, certain words & phrases would be banned, certain pop culture references would out. Essentially, I'm feeling the show would have to go a memory loss route for at least one of them to make it work. They could also try an AU world where their history, Felicity & Tommy never existed - but by then I probably would have checked out of the show.

They'd have to destroy Oliver and Felicity's dynamic or likely kill Felicity to ever make O/L viable again, and that's not even taking into account their toxic backstory. How do you get over something like that? Cheating and lying and sister swapping. I think the best they can hope for is friends. 

And if Felicity died (just to note, I don't think this will happen, it's a hypothetical) she'd always be this lingering presence as the one Oliver really wanted. I truly don't know how they'd ever write themselves out of this, short of making Felicity evil and everything between O/F the last few years a complete lie. And even that would be ridiculous and I'd know they were sabotaging that relationship on purpose and at which point I'd go bye bye!

I didn't care about Laurel/Tommy when I first watched Season 1. But rewatching it lately, I really ended up loving them together and it is a shame that it had to be short lived.

He was like her Felicity where it wasn't a bunch of drama and he brought out the lighter moments in general and for Laurel.

I feel the same. Obviously I preferred Laurel/Tommy as I watched the show but it wasn't something I ever rooted for? I just thought they were a billion times better than O/L. But looking back on some scenes, there's a lightness between them that I think Laurel has been severely missing ever since. 

I have to defend Laurel here. Tommy dumped her. She didn't know he did it because of REASONZ, but regardless, once you dump someone, you don't get to complain about that person's sex life afterwards. She definitely did not cheat on him.

Oliver, on the other hand, was a d-bag. Big time bro code violation.

• Love 1

I have to defend Laurel here. Tommy dumped her. She didn't know he did it because of REASONZ, but regardless, once you dump someone, you don't get to complain about that person's sex life afterwards. She definitely did not cheat on him.

Oliver, on the other hand, was a d-bag. Big time bro code violation.

No, she did not cheat on Tommy, but it didn't stop her from regretting being with Oliver. 

Question, did she or Oliver ever find out that Tommy had seen them?  I can't remember what they knew about what Tommy knew. 

• Love 1

The O/L hookup was bad for both of their characters really. No, she definitely didn't cheat but it didn't really look all that great. Once she knew Oliver wanted her she seemed to forget all about Tommy. But it happens though so *shrug*.

But Oliver was literally the shittiest friend possible in this situation. He told Tommy to go for it with Laurel only to go after her himself the same day. D-bag Ollie in action. 

That's one of the reasons the pair of them are so wrong for each other. 

Question, did she or Oliver ever find out that Tommy had seen them?  I can't remember what they knew about what Tommy knew. 

I don't think Laurel ever found out that Tommy saw them but I think Oliver did. I actually can't remember though. I haven't rewatched s1 so things are hazy.

I just find it interesting that their 'love scene' was more about Tommy's reaction than about O/L. 

Edited by Guest

Tommy told Oliver he went to her apartment to get her back and "saw you, kissing her." So Oliver knew Tommy had seen them, but nothing in-show indicates that Laurel knew.

Yes, I rewatch a lot of S1 and S2 often. Summer programming bores me.

I just find it interesting that their 'love scene' was more about Tommy's reaction than about O/L.

Both in-show and out it's a terrible love scene. Tommy watching while "Radioactive" plays, plus zero chemistry, plus Laurel's ugly shorts. The only O/L romantic scene that's IMO worse is their final kiss in the mansion with the Arm Placement of Ultimate Awkwardness.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 4

I still don't know how the writers thought it was good drama to add so much drama to Oliver/Laurels relationship. Cheat on Laurel, Cheat on Laurel with her sister, get her sister inadvertently "killed", keep secrets from Laurel, Laurel be torn between Oliver/Tommy, Tommy telling Oliver to pursue Laurel, Oliver telling Tommy to pursue Laurel, Laurel/Oliver sleep together and have Tommy see it, have Laurel feel guilty for sleeping with Oliver. More drama then most teen shows get in one season for a couple. 

• Love 4

Tommy told Oliver he went to her apartment to get her back and "saw you, kissing her." So Oliver knew Tommy had seen them, but nothing in-show indicates that Laurel knew.

Yes, I rewatch a lot of S1 and S2 often. Summer programming bores me.

Thanks!  I kind of thought that Oliver knew but that Laurel's guilt was all internal.  Can you imagine how much worse she would have reacted if she'd known that Tommy saw her with Oliver? 

I have season two and three on my DVR but season one I bought on Amazon at the end of season two.  I still haven't managed my rewatch of it.  I have goals before four starts. 

I still don't know how the writers thought it was good drama to add so much drama to Oliver/Laurels relationship. Cheat on Laurel, Cheat on Laurel with her sister, get her sister inadvertently "killed", keep secrets from Laurel, Laurel be torn between Oliver/Tommy, Tommy telling Oliver to pursue Laurel, Oliver telling Tommy to pursue Laurel, Laurel/Oliver sleep together and have Tommy see it, have Laurel feel guilty for sleeping with Oliver. More drama then most teen shows get in one season for a couple. 

Exactly. And then they made it even worse when Oliver basically made the same mistake all over again by getting back with Sara in s2. I know he wasn't with Laurel then so there's no cheating involved but doing the thing that got you in trouble in the first place is the dumbest thing ever. It's like he just didn't learn. STOP SISTER SWAPPING 2K15. (I say this because I've seen people wanting Laurel with Nyssa and I'm like Nooooooooooo!)

I'm pretty sure Tommy found out about it and confronted him as Morrigan2575 describes. I think we had this conversation a few months ago.

I don't even have any bad feelings about LL sleeping with OQ. If I was in her position, I would have done the same thing. She owed it to herself & her lingering feelings to see if there was still something real between them. So in that regards I 100% support LL for sleeping with OQ. I do not support the forgetting to close the shades, but hey things happen. And that outfit with the socks was horrendous.

As for OQ, I usually defend the guy but that was just a jerk decision & absolute brocode violation. Not even PTSD or some of his other issues can be used in his defense. His choice was just a dumb one, motivated by his other brain & illustrative of how he doesn't always make the best decisions when it comes to LL. S1 showed us that he has a blindside when it comes to her, I think that has become lessened since Tommy's death & Sara's return/death. I also think it describes some of his hesitation towards continuing a relationship with FS in s3. OQ has never been good at balance in his personal relationships.

LL in s1 was a perfect example of him being distracted by his desires & making a poor decision. So as much as it pained me to see him push FS in s3, it does sorta make sense to his character that he would see a relationship as a potential distraction. The bombing just confirmed his fears and gave him an easy excuse. The difference between LL & FS though is that LL brings out the extremes in OQ, because she is a person of extremes. FS on the other hand brings out the balance in OQ because she is a logical person. Its the reason why FS is the better choice for OQ because they bring out the best in each & LL/OQ bring out the worst in each other. It's also the reason why a O/F relationship can sustain the crazy of the ARROW world because whenever OQ goes off the rails, FS can bring him in. Likewise, OQ challenges FS to think bigger & supports her without judgment. I cringe at the thought of what OQ would be like with LL as his romantic partner. I imagine it might be like Helena only a lot worse. Most of the reason s3 went so sideways was because OQ was left to his own devices.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 6

I don't even have any bad feelings about LL sleeping with OQ. If I was in her position, I would have done the same thing. She owed it to herself & her lingering feelings to see if there was still something real between them. So in that regards I 100% support LL for sleeping with OQ.

I just cannot blame anyone for sleeping with Oliver Queen (not Ollie, bc yuck, plus I am convinced he sucked in the sack).

• Love 4