Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Daddy's Girl

Realizing that Stahl (Warren Kole) will stop at nothing to arrest Julia Ayres (guest star Anna Gunn), Harlee (Jennifer Lopez) decides to investigate on her own and determine whether there's any truth in his allegations of Ayers' active business with the mob. Wozniak (Ray Liotta) is confronted with a drug case that forces him to face the darkest demons from his past, his daughter's death, while exposing the origin of his loyalty to Ayres. Also starring Drea de Matteo, Dayo Okeniyi, Vincent Laresca, Hampton Fluker, Sarah Jeffery and Gino Anthony Pesi. Guest starring

This season is what season 1 should have been, so good, glad they got some new writers they really make the show work so far.

When you think Stahl can't get any creeper, I don't know what he's trying to get with Christina and god she's annoying I don't think anyone will be too sad if they kill her off. Tess is finally getting a little more interesting because one of thing the show isn't doing too well is developing the supporting characters.

Ray is amazing what a performance, such a shame that he will be ignored he deserve all the awards, Jennifer has been amazing too, less showy but she's so convincing in that role.

• Love 10

I was hoping Cristina was one of the kids who OD'd at that rave and died. Because my tv is old and crummy, I couldn't read the texts between her and Stahl at the end. Can someone fill me in? I also don't remember Harlee telling Cristina she came into a windfall of money, enough that she would ask Tess where her share was. But I don't remember a lot about S1. Also: Who was that guy who jacked Harlee's trunk, and why? I do like Harlee and the DA guy together.

• Love 3

Stahl just keeps getting creepier and creepier. And stupid too. Donnie's death resulted in the IA guy planting himself on the squad's doorstep. Now that Stahl has killed Linklater, I'm sure there will be additional blowback. A DEA agent can't just go missing with no repercussions. Ugh, Stahl.

• Love 4

I agree, let's get rid of the daughter who just won't leave anything alone, these little brat teenagers are running so many shows, i.e. The Americans....But other than that, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show, and so surprised that Jennifer is really terrific, WOW...and Ray is knocking it out of the park. I pray they both get Emmy nods. 

• Love 10

Part of me finds it odd that the crew wouldn't tone down their usual interrogation methods with internal affairs setting up shop in the squad room, but I also kind of love their no fucks given attitude. They really don't pretend to not be dirty.

They're leaning super heavy on Tess being the leak so she's probably not the leak.

Cristina needs to keep her nose out of her mother's business, and that includes stopping by her place of business to create friction with her coworkers. Has anyone reminded her lately that Miguel beat Harlee?

Stahl posing as Miguel will end spectacularly and terribly and I'm very much looking forward to it.

Based on the previews, looks like the guy breaking into Harlee's car stole her backup weapon to kill Nava's ex and pin it on her. He's probably affiliated with Julia.

• Love 6

But other than that, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show, and so surprised that Jennifer is really terrific, WOW

This didn't surprise me, Jennifer Lopez plays a good cop at the very least, she plays tough girl very well. I've seen her play a cop at least two or three times and one of those times was at least two plus decades ago. She was great at it then and still is. I knew this would be a hit as long as the timing was right.Heck, she's good at playing the girl next door as well, I like her little romantic comedy movies. I don't pay movie theater prices to see them, but if they come on cable I watch, they're entertaining. 

• Love 8

I loathe Christina!! 

What is up with Stahl? He's going to win the Creeper of the Year award by a landslide! 

Was Nava's ex ever mentioned before? I hate when shows bring in characters that never existed before just to have them killed so the crime can be pinned on the main character. 

Ray is looking ROUGH! Every week he looks worse. He definitely deserves an Emmy. 

I agree that the supporting characters need to be more developed. More screen time of them, less of Christina! 

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

This didn't surprise me, Jennifer Lopez plays a good cop at the very least, she plays tough girl very well. I've seen her play a cop at least two or three times and one of those times was at least two plus decades ago. She was great at it then and still is. I knew this would be a hit as long as the timing was right.Heck, she's good at playing the girl next door as well, I like her little romantic comedy movies. I don't pay movie theater prices to see them, but if they come on cable I watch, they're entertaining. 

One of the first movies I saw of hers was Enough about a battered wife ... she was excellent in it & I've watched it at least four times when I come across it on TV.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

One of the first movies I saw of hers was Enough about a battered wife ... she was excellent in it & I've watched it at least four times when I come across it on TV.

Yep, I've seen Enough multiple times, she wasn't a cop, but it was a great movie for domestically abused women turned kickass I am woman hear me roar because I'm going to save myself and my daughter. She was in that movie with George Clooney, I think it was called Out of Sight. The first one I remember was twenty plus years ago with Woody Harrelson and Wesley Snipes called Money Train, and one called Angel Eyes.  She played a cop in all three of these movies.

Yeah, she could play this current role in her sleep IMO.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, juliet73 said:

Was Nava's ex ever mentioned before? I hate when shows bring in characters that never existed before just to have them killed so the crime can be pinned on the main character.

You guys have completely forgotten season 1 lol she was mentioned a couple of times at least 3 or 4 times in the first season because Nava and her had just separated, she called him the night him and Harlee first slept together.

• Love 5

If I remember correctly, Nava's ex/recent break up was the reason Harlee sort of kept him at a bit of a distance in S1. So those texts at the end that I couldn't read, those were Stahl pretending to be Miquel? Holy cow. When Stahl and Cristina are together, I keep waiting for him to put the moves on her. That is totally in his wheelhouse of creepiness. And helenamonster, YES, I can see Julia trying to frame Harlee now that Harlee is snooping into her mafia connections. And what happened to Woz being Cristina's pseudo-dad? In S1 he went to all of her recitals and was acting as dad while Miquel was in prison. There was convo here with many of us thinking Woz was her real dad. Why isn't Cristina going to see him? (Oh yeah, because she's a brat and I hate her.)

• Love 6

Effing Cristina, I get mad and bummed out every time she's on screen. And not in a good way. There are some characters on TV thst you love to hate. I just hate her character and will say once again that there's no way this kid would be so stupid. She knows Miguel beat Harlee and then trusts strangers over the people who have looked after her for her whole life. I was hoping she was one of the girls who OD'd too. 

Interesting fact that Woz spilled about his son Nate, and that's why he's forever indebted to Julia. The plot thickens.... Ray hit it out of the park again this week with such great acting. And as for Jennifer-I don't see her as JLo, she's totally Harlee. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, eliza said:

You guys have completely forgotten season 1 lol she was mentioned a couple of times at least 3 or 4 times in the first season because Nava and her had just separated, she called him the night him and Harlee first slept together.

I totally don't remember...thank you. I'll have to go back and rewatch the Harva scenes from season 1.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I also don't remember Harlee telling Cristina she came into a windfall of money, enough that she would ask Tess where her share was. But I don't remember a lot about S1. Also: Who was that guy who jacked Harlee's trunk, and why? I do like Harlee and the DA guy together.

Harlee told Christina about that this year, when she "confessed" to telling her she paid Miguel to go away. She told her the crew had a chance to take it from bad people or something, and Christina was shocked her mom would steal.

I don't know why Harlee thought telling Christina this was a good idea, and why Christina thought it was okay to just mention it in the middle of the precinct though.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Harlee told Christina about that this year, when she "confessed" to telling her she paid Miguel to go away. She told her the crew had a chance to take it from bad people or something, and Christina was shocked her mom would steal.

I don't know why Harlee thought telling Christina this was a good idea, and why Christina thought it was okay to just mention it in the middle of the precinct though.

It's enough that Christina is conveniently forgetting what an abusive jerk Miguel was to Harlee and keeps crying about missing him. It's enough that she doesn't believe her mother when Harlee explains why she's protecting her. But being a detective's daughter, how did Christina get to be so dumb?  Why is she randomly sharing private information with Stahl and Tess? Why is she rifling through her mother's financial information? 

But I did enjoy the episode. Ray and JLo were great as usual. And I like the actress playing Julia. She's a crooked politician, but she was a crooked cop first. And she showed Harlee she's smart enough to always be one step ahead of her. Harlee has got to respect her game. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, saber5055 said:

If I remember correctly, Nava's ex/recent break up was the reason Harlee sort of kept him at a bit of a distance in S1. So those texts at the end that I couldn't read, those were Stahl pretending to be Miquel? Holy cow. When Stahl and Cristina are together, I keep waiting for him to put the moves on her. That is totally in his wheelhouse of creepiness. And helenamonster, YES, I can see Julia trying to frame Harlee now that Harlee is snooping into her mafia connections. And what happened to Woz being Cristina's pseudo-dad? In S1 he went to all of her recitals and was acting as dad while Miquel was in prison. There was convo here with many of us thinking Woz was her real dad. Why isn't Cristina going to see him? (Oh yeah, because she's a brat and I hate her.)

Interesting point about the Woz/Cristina thing that I hadn't really noticed with everything else going on. I think him no longer being so invested in her kind of cuts both ways. He still hasn't forgiven Harlee for wearing a wire and doesn't seem to want to interact with her outside of official police business (and sometimes not even then). Meanwhile, Cristina is distancing herself from Harlee, and everything associated with her, which I guess would include Woz and the rest of the crew. It's been implied through dialogue that she and Tess had some semblance of a relationship (Cristina babysitting Tess's kids, Tess giving Cristina Christmas presents) and she had no problem dropping by the precinct to stir shit with her. I wonder if we'll see her loop Woz into her little Nancy Drew scheme eventually.

I'm hoping Cristina is old enough that TPTB won't get burned if she's written out (translation: killed) on this show. She's such a dumbass. Harlee had to get in on the dirty cop take to get $$ to send her to that special music school, yet Cristina is all excited that her ex-con wife-beating father wants sole custody of her? I wish Woz had some of those pills left over from that "interview" that he could casually leave for Cristina to find when she's snooping around her mom's closet. I don't think any of us would miss her.

I was thinking that maybe now is the time for Harlee to move and transfer to Portland PD or something. Get out while she can.

• Love 8

Liotta and JLo are killing it this season!  Love them both, and as a previous poster mentioned if you have never seen the movie Enough with Jennifer Lopez, do so.  It kicks ass (and so does she).  Christina is meh, don't care what happens to her either way.  I like the IA guy, he's a comedian I don't remember his name but he opened for Artie Lange last year at a show I attended, he was funny.  I'm kinda routing for him, even though I'm pretty sure he will be dead at some point.  I mean, they ARE dirty cops.  I like them and all, but they really don't have a leg to stand on with being all self righteous about anything.  I wish they would give Tess more to do.  Great season so far.

1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Harlee had to get in on the dirty cop take to get $$ to send her to that special music school

Well, she didn't HAVE to.....

• Love 1
On 3/28/2017 at 11:38 AM, saber5055 said:

I'm hoping Cristina is old enough that TPTB won't get burned if she's written out (translation: killed) on this show. She's such a dumbass. Harlee had to get in on the dirty cop take to get $$ to send her to that special music school, yet Cristina is all excited that her ex-con wife-beating father wants sole custody of her? I wish Woz had some of those pills left over from that "interview" that he could casually leave for Cristina to find when she's snooping around her mom's closet. I don't think any of us would miss her.

I was thinking that maybe now is the time for Harlee to move and transfer to Portland PD or something. Get out while she can.

You do know you're going to hell, right? And since I laughed and hi-fived the air throughout your entire post, I guess I'm going with you. 

Loman is playing a smaller role so far this season, but his ethics are certainly being pushed to the brink. I wonder if he'll be the one to crack under I.A. pressure. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, eliza said:

Did Woz say to Harlee that his son killed the dealer who was selling drugs to his daughter?  or was he talking about someone else ?

He was talking about his son (Nate) but I didn't catch if he actually killed the guy or just seriously assaulted him.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, helenamonster said:

He was talking about his son (Nate) but I didn't catch if he actually killed the guy or just seriously assaulted him.

found the line : "When my daughter died, I spun out, and I tore the city apart looking for the dealer who sold her the drugs.
Nate found him, took a bat to his head, and left him lying in the street."

I guess it isn't clear if he died but he probably did

Edited by eliza
  • Love 4

Ray's performance in this episode is some of the best acting I've seen in some time.  He is just so compelling. You know he's a monster, but you feel his pain and are on his side.

• Love 5
On 3/28/2017 at 11:38 AM, saber5055 said:

Yes. This. 

• Love 1