Type keyword(s) to search

Mike Shay: In The Studio. Making Beats

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

Man he is so it if touch with scheana note is embarrassing.  When he snapped "I wash you clothes and I never know what I'm folding" I was stung for her! 

There was clearly a boatload of resentment there.

At first I thought maybe he just didn't like being on camera but he seemed okay with it early on.  So I'm guessing that the marriage was already toast by this point and he didn't want to fake it for the show.  Hence, why we rarely have seen him this season and he's always "in the studio." 

• Love 6

I wish they left in the reason he was "over the group" and hostile. Anyone catch the evil face she shot him at the end?  Damn there was so much going on there they weren't showing us.. Grrr!

And wow at Scheana not catching on to how dumb the "one therapy session" story sounded the first hundred interviews n scenes she said it in.  Thanku stassi's side eye.

• Love 4

There was an article I read a couple of years ago, wish I could find it, of Shay giving an interview to some on-line magazine. In it, he was promoting the upcoming season of Vanderpump Rules and he explicitly mentions how excited he is that we will see "more of him" in the upcoming season. Paraphrasing: "more of him [Shay], more of his life, more of him making music"...and then I didn't see more of Shay, just the same amount of screen time as before. Anyways, this always stuck with me because chatter here on PTV and other sites always mentions how camera-shy Shay is and how willing he is to let Scheana take the lime-light. I always doubted that, and Shay's interview confirmed that for me. This is similar to how there was a general opinion that Shay or his family must be rich, or why would Scheana date him? I was always surprised by that, because to me, Scheana is very, very basic and I expect her to date someone very basic.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Judi Sunshine said:

This thread title is awesome, but/and makes me picture Shay working at Schrute Farms. Which is a spinoff I'd totally watch.

email his agent or whatever, I'm not sure what these "beats" pay, but I'll bet Shay's in the job market these days...after all, he no longer has Vanderpump to fall back on!!!

It's so cringeworthy watching Scheana be, or at least express, delusional ideas of their perfect marriage knowing how it ends up. I should feel bad for Scheana for how it went down but I'm kinda glad for Mike...Scheana is so self centered it's insane. It's like all he was supposed to do was mirror back all her delusions and help her keep up the facade..forever. 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Rebecca said:

It's like all he was supposed to do was mirror back all her delusions and help her keep up the facade..forever. 

Right, is that too much to ask? Ha

has Mike had any legitimate music success?  I vaguely remember when James first came on the show it seemed like Mike and James were working together on one of Scheana's "tracks"

• Love 1

I always thought Shay was cute and felt bad for him. Idk if it's just the editing but it seemed like whenever him and Scheana were talking she would interrupt and talk over him. And then it would cut to Shay looking away all awkwardly. 

Also.. that scene with them in the bedroom was weird. What he said seemed to be funny but neither of them laughed. Like duh he doesn't know what any of her clothes are and that's funny to me but he was dead serious.. like that was a metaphor for their marriage or something lol. 

And I didn't expect his family to have any money. Hasn't Scheana said herself that she wasn't raised with a lot of money? She just had a normal upbringing and now is a waitress. She is girly and high maintenance but that doesn't always mean a girl is a gold-digger. I thought they've known each other since high school or something so it made sense to me. But they are total opposites and she is way too self absorbed for them to ever have a healthy relationship. 

But like that one scene in the episode when they were in New Orleans when they were in bed in the morning. How Shay said "you're so cute" and looked at her like he really loved her. But she didn't look at him and just said he was cute too and Shay just looked away like okay.. idk maybe I'm pulling too much out of tiny little scenes lol but something did seem off. Maybe Scheana just wants a typical serious relationship, marriage, house, kids, etc. and doesn't care who it's with. & Maybe Shay was just convenient for her since she'd known him for so long. 

• Love 5
On 3/17/2017 at 11:34 PM, Rebecca said:

It's so cringeworthy watching Scheana be, or at least express, delusional ideas of their perfect marriage knowing how it ends up. I should feel bad for Scheana for how it went down but I'm kinda glad for Mike...Scheana is so self centered it's insane. It's like all he was supposed to do was mirror back all her delusions and help her keep up the facade..forever. 

I'm with you. I was rooting for them in the beginning. I've always thought Shay was kind of cute, even when he was a bit pudgier. But, more than that, he always came across as pretty sweet and down-to-earth, to me. And I figured that Scheana must be a decent girl if she loved someone who was fairly....well...."plain" compared to the rest of the guys in this group. But the way she handled his struggle with addiction really put me off, and made me have more sympathy for Shay. Scheana had EVERY right to be pissed that he disappeared and was lying about things. But once he came back, broke down, and committed to changing, I would have liked to see more from her. The impression I got was that she wanted Shay to still drink socially so they could go out and party with her friends, but he couldn't get slobbering drunk, use pills anymore, etc. This is a VERY shortsighted and ignorant understanding of addiction. Now, I don't expect her to completely stop drinking and going out with her friends, but I absolutely think she could have made more of an effort to be sober and tried to cut back a bit - to maybe pursue sober hobbies with her husband.

That whole incident really highlighted what I perceive to be the dynamic of their relationship. It's more of a Scheanationship. It's all about her - from the frilly bedroom to the boudoir gift to the way she constantly talks over him. Shay is just there to prop Scheana up and give her that "wifey" status she wants, but I don't see her putting a lot of effort into being a good wife to him. Running off with her money isn't cool, but I don't blame him one bit for leaving. 

• Love 12

Scheana is a bit of a bulldozer and Shay is a bit of a mat.  Takes two to tango and the demise of their marriage is on both of them.

They were just a bad match from the beginning...two young people making bad life choices - like the rest of us at times.  The best thing they can do is walk away from one another and regroup - separately.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1